So I've noticed around Sup Forums that most of you guys really hated spiderman homecoming. I actually wanna know...

So I've noticed around Sup Forums that most of you guys really hated spiderman homecoming. I actually wanna know, in your honest opinion, what you didn't like about the movie. I ask mainly cause i fucking loved, felt like it was a real breath of fresh air for both spiderman and marvel movies in general, so I'm kinda confused on the negative backlash it seems to have here. I want your full and honest opinion, be as truthful as you can be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sT_hnNDstnE
youtube.com/watch?v=5ax2afJml-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's Marvel.

Significant lack of Uncle Ben being replaced with Tony Stark acting as pseudo-father figure to Peter. Felt weird that a guy who had a big influence on Peter is the one that is strangely absent. The Mexican girl at the end being MJ, which at that point why not just make her some new girl specific to the cinematic universe? It wouldn't have changed anything in the plot or story for her not to be MJ, but the sudden end where she calls herself that feels tacked on.

Otherwise.... it's okay, I had a fun little time watching it.

I enjoyed the movie, I just didn't like the fact that he was Iron Man: Spider Edition with the talking suite. Asst the very least they should have had Peter make it himself in am attempt to copy his idol. Aftet all Peter is supposed to be super smart.

My problems:
>The suit
Was fucking dumb. Iron man jr shit. He needed to have a less tech costume. The scarlet spider shout out was nice.
>Robert Downey Jr.
no mention of uncle Ben at all. Effectively made Iron Man peter’s father figure. Everything in this fucking universe revolves around RDJ’s dick. Stop it.
>MJ
Terrible fucking character. Shit thing to do. Same with Flash. How you could go from the perfect flash in the amazing movies to this is appaling.
>Amy Pascal
Needs to be fucking shot.

The movie was ok. Got the feel of spider-man but fucked up a ton of the details. It’s a by the numbers fucking marvel movie. Also I’m fucking tired of teenage spider-man.

7-8/10

It was an Iron man movie, they turned spider into his robin, everything was about pleasing Tony, Tony suit, Tony words,Tony enemy,protecting tony stuff

Shitty cgi

Shitty supporting cast "BENIS BARKER :DDDD" "IT WAS BUILD BY SLAAAVESSSS"

I was okay with it.
At this point after so many reboots they had to try something different.
It's also nice to see a capeshit movie for a change that parents can watch with their kids.

>in your honest opinion, what you didn't like about the movie.
It certainly was an MCU movie, but it wasn't a Spider-Man movie. It had no heart and no stakes whatsoever. It didn't have a single reference to Uncle Ben. Not even a name drop. That's all that would be needed. Just mention Ben's name in conversation. But no they couldn't even spare that. And don't get me started on the current year diversity shit.

To be fair the final act is pretty much about him realizing that he doesn't need or want Tony or Iron Man. aside from the obligatory infinity war tie-in of course

I liked it.

Spiderman is fitting for MCU nonstop one liner style, and in the end he was a kid trying to do right and have everyone make it out alive (even the villain).

>He needed to have a less tech costume
Why?
>Effectively made Iron Man peter’s father figure
What makes that a bad thing for the movie?
>Terrible fucking character
How so?

Can you explain why this is a bad movie without compparing it to other material cause all this is really just screaming "not muh".
And the bitching about MJ is pretty ridiculous. She's practically the least important character yet Sup Forums bitches about her non-stop. It's silly.

every single character except vulture was awful and pointless, Flash unlike his comic version is not complex or original and you could cut every single scene with him from the movie that wouldn't change anything, MJ was not likeable in any scene, she looked like an autistic girl that post random crazy shit on twitter, Peter was completelly generic and bland, there was nothing unique about him, he was just a completelly average kid without any trait you could remember

Vulture was easily the only character in the whole thing that wans't a piece of shit, and even this guy was a pretty cliche character "the rich fucked us!Fuck dah law, is not fair!

The whole plot was filler, it didn't changed anything about the character or made his story progress, he came back to where he started and you could easily watch the future seguel without missing anything because nothing fucking changed at all

>98567073
>it didn't changed anything about the character or made his story progress
Peter sure had a character arc. He started as a Iron Man fanboy who just wanted to drop school and do hero stuff and ended realizing he's just fine where he is.

I don't give a flying fuck what Sup Forums thinks, I am going to watch it (one of these days).

I thought the exact same thing I think of all Marvel and DC movies.
Too many fucking quips all the fucking time. If a movie can't take itself seriously and have to resort to the kind of shit to make sure the chads and thots watching don't accidentally get too engaged in the plot (hah) and good acting (hah).

There always HAS to be this ironic distance to the world and the events that's happening, whether it's Thor quipping at the bringer of ragnarok or the unfunny Captain America PSA's delivered by teachers who couldn't care less.

It's really a shame that every single superhero film HAS to be a comedy, because evidently either the source material can't carry a serious story, or the directors can't understand how to engage the audience through anything but humour. And you can't deny it, as good as the films might get there will still always be this weird feeling that the people who made the film couldn't take it seriously and so neither should you. It feels like they're made for faux-nerds because of how shallow and wholly dependant on laughs they are, to prevent anything from ever becoming too serious.

It really is a shame.

Why the fuck is Aunt May a MILF now? She's supposed to be a sweet old grandmotherly lady who knits and shit.

It was very tastelessly done (and overdone) in my opinion. And really fucking weird that everyone kept calling her hot. A normal teenager would NOT have a thing for a lady of her age, why the hell would they when there's so much prettier girls at their school?
And everyone who thinks she's attractive feels that way solely because Marisa Tomei used to be a sex symbol. If she was just a random post-menstrual lady with no past in movies, no one would feel that way about her and it would be extremely weird that everyone fawns over her for seemingly no reason.

But this forces us to think that Aunt May is actually Marisa Tomei, and that the characters in the world are aware that she used to be an actress and model.

Guys, cmon. Old as fuck Aunt May never made any goddamn sense to begin with

Too much Tony, especially in Peter's motivations.
Meh supporting cast in general, the only one who gets some characterization is Ned and he's a bit too much of a tool for plot and comedy. Vulture was good though.
Peter is.. weird, he doesn't feel like Peter, but I guess that's par for the course.

It's alright but I hoped for better.

MJ and Flash were barely characters, they have like 5 lines each.

He realizes that thanks to... Tony's words.

She's the aunt of a grown man. She's not meant to be a sex object, she's the voice of reason to Peter and his constant reminder of Uncle Ben and why he does what he does and never takes shortcuts.

What the hell kind of disrespect is it to Uncle Ben that his wife is being paraded around like a sex object anyway?
>Dude I would so fuck your dead uncle's wife.

Not him but this Peter seemingly wants to be a superhero to be like his playboy millionaire idol, not the best motivation for a superhero.
Wait... he's Kamala.

For the costume it just robs Spidey of some of his uniqueness. If he can rely on tech he doesn't have to think around situations.

Its not a bad movie, at all, but its nothing "amazing" either. Part of the problem is that we've seen some cool shit in past Spidey movies, and we can't help but compare it to them. Not only that, but the movie goes out of its way to differentiate from those other movies to the point where it can be self sabotaging. Take for instance Uncle Ben; His presence is still very much felt in this universe, but its glossed over so fast because Disney/SONY didn't want to retread him getting shot again. Same goes for Peter's supporting cast, being gone or unrecognizable. Normally I would complain about the gadgets, but seeing how it was part of Peter's character arc, and since most of the gadgets weren't really outside of the realm of possibility for Spider-Man, I personally can give it a pass.

I was also a bit disappointed that there was no real fight between Peter and The Vulture. It was all kind of tame from what we've seen before. Doesn't help that we missed out on the wonder of skyscraper web swinging, which is usually pretty fun.

In short, its just passable. But I can't help but feel that if it were the first Spider-Man movie ever, we'd be less harsh on it.

>By far worst MJ to date
>Hamfisted virtue signaling
But on the other hand
>One of the best portrayals of Vulture to date
>Sympathetic villain is really just an average Joe at heart
>That twist
>That Shocker
>That Scorpion
>Michael "Birdman" Keaton

They tried to have their cake and eat it too as well. If you cast Tomei as May then don't bother throwing grandma glasses so that she looks homely.

I had never heard of Tomei outside of Seinfeld and I think she's hot.

She's not a sex object. Hell if you noticed, they really tried to grandma her up in Homecoming after Civil War. I have more complaints about "MJ" than Aunt May by far.

I mean just look at her, she's fucking annoying, and adds nothing to the plot. She's not even Mary Jane, she's a audience test OC creation so Disney/SONY can see if they can get away with her.

>By far worst MJ to date
Listen this MJ was pretty bad, but I think your forgetting how much of an absolute cunt Raimi MJ was.

This MJ was awesome, she started as the "popular girl" but as the story progressed you could see her insecurities, weakness and frustrations, it was pretty similar when you meet someone who is sucessful and get closer to them.

Homecoming MJ in the other hand is just an annoying autist that is in the middle of the movie to add nothing more than an irrelevant plot twist

Only if you're really bad at maths.

>A normal teenager would NOT have a thing for a lady of her age, why the hell would they when there's so much prettier girls at their school?
Retard spotted. Teenagers love the mommy types. High school girls their age are either too scary to approach or too annoying.

She was pushing 80 when Peter was in highschool, the fuck kind of Aunt do you have?

>have a Latina
>she's not chat
Porque?

>pushing 80
Source? Siblings can have as much as 30 years in between, and Mary could have had Peter late.
So again, you're bad at maths.

She's not latina either as far as we know.

The spider man sounded like Justin Bieber.

It was really hard to get beyond the point of how annoying I felt Peter Parker was.

I get he is supposed to be a kid. But GOSH it isn't fun to watch.

Didn't even know Sup Forums didn't like it, I saw people talk favorable about it. But I couldn't watch it personally.

>Teenagers love the mommy types
Not normal teenagers.
Take your fucked up hangups and odious issues elsewhere, you disgusting fucking freak.

Her last name is Sandoval and they're in New York. She's either Cuban or Puerto Rican.

You'll hear a lot of Spider-Man fans (myself included) complain about it not being accurate to the character. But there's a lot more to criticize without addressing source material. Homecomimg as a singular film was not nearly as good as people make it out to be. The actors showed real potential but their characters were one dimensional in that people were only used to accentuate Peter's incompetence or generate false drama (Liz, Tony, Ned, Aunt May...). The protagonist goes on no real character arc (or at least a last minute one) and fails to actually overcome conflict on his own (Bank, Truck, DC, Ferry, Bus Lot, Garage and Beach scenes) and barely faces any consequences for it (slaps on the wrist or the problem goes to another state). He didn't even beat the villain.
The character drama is CONSTANTLY wasted for the sake of unnecessary jokes. The villain was only as good as the actor who played him and a twist that has been done countless times before. The action was poorly choreographed (scrambling around and shooting convenient webbing). The pacing and cinematography were (mostly) good.
It would've made a better Miles Morales afterschool special.

>I ask mainly cause i fucking loved,
Then youre a fucking retard
>shoved in minority castings
>ruined mary jane and flashs character
>peters a spergy wimp
>has to be bossed around by tony
>slaves built the monument
>terrible plot and writing overall

That's not being bad at math, user. Also I don't know where you live with a 30 year sibling gap

I have a few problems with the movie but overall I liked it
I thought this was the best movie depiction of Peter/Spider-Man by far

The standard was set with the first movie and has never been surpassed. Top that off with the stupid Ironman spider suit, ,young Aunt May, MJ race change, Michael (FUCKING BATMAN) Keaton playing Vulture, and things quickly spiralled further into the shit.

Wait a minute, you're saying Michael Keaton wasn't a good Toomes? The fuck are you on about?

What exactly what the point of the "washington monument slavery" thing? Virtue brownie points?
And does that also mean she wouldn't want to see the pyramids or any other of the man-made wonders because slave labour was used in every single one from Taj Mahal to the Great Wall of China, or is it okay because those slaves weren't black?

It seemed out of place and unnecessary, especially since it's still under debate whether it actually was a product of slave labour, but now a generation of brainlets think it's a fact.

Come on, this is a pretty well known cliche.
youtu.be/sT_hnNDstnE

1. Spider-Man is a self-made hero. Any progress he makes should be earned, not given.

2. It intimately ties Peter to Iron Man, so now many of his decisions will be tied to the "lessons" Tony taught him, rather than him learning via experience.

3. She brings no substance to the film. She is the absence of a personality and makes jokes that have no actual punchline. There's more burden on you to prove why she's a good character.

>MJ race change
That wasn't Mary Jane, it's a new character. As should be obvious by the fact that she is completely, absolutely nothing like Mary Jane.

Why are Homecoming haters so retarded?

I like to think her being an annoying know-it-all is a deliberate character trait

Michelle Jones or Liz Allan's last name is Sandoval now?

Fuck it, I'll bite

First of all, don't use the term "hater", because it makes you sound like a complete faggot. Second, she was most certainly supposed to be the MCU's "Mary Jane", but they were unsure about it, hence why we got this OC creation with the nickname. Nobody liked her, so now they have a backdoor to say "oh well THIS is Mary Jane Watson", because even casuals have investment in Mary Jane because of the Raimi movies

>>Hamfisted virtue signaling
where?

I guess "maths" is too much, you're right, that's straight up inability to count. Large gaps between siblings being (relatively) uncommon doesn't make it unbelievable in fiction.

user, are you trying to validate your stupid relatives who had kids WAY too late and their children developed health issues? Because that's what it sounds like

But how can she be a know-it-all if she's wrong?

Yeah, Toomes was great, too bad the rest of the movie gets in the way.

No, I don't have such a case in my family, but I am aware that things exist beyond my immediate experience and that the world doesn't revolve around me, which evidently seems to be an issue for you.
Also you should know that while health issues can happen with older moms, they're not always there, and that fathers can have healthy children in their 60s.

>Tom Holland is cringy as shit
>Having Spider-Man be a creation of Tony Stark completely undermines his own ability
>Removing all references to Uncle Ben removes the defining aspect of Spider-Man as a character
>Pajeet Thompson

>The villain was only as good as the actor who played him and a twist that has been done countless times before.
While I agree with most of your points, the reveal scene was really well executed in terms of dialogue, acting and cinematography.

>indirectly calling Chamillionaire a faggot
Confirmed for hater.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's outside the norm. It's fiction sure, but is Old Aunt May really the hill you want to die on?

>A know-it-all or know-all is a person who constantly presents their input as though they were professionally trained, schooled or have firsthand insight into subjects when it is evident this is not the case.

What kind of retarded reasoning is that? It's entirely believable and therefor a stupid complain but I shouldn't "die on that hill" (aka have a normal argument on Sup Forums with someone saying something wrong) because... reasons? Stop saying stupid shit and people will stop correcting you.

>you're saying Michael Keaton wasn't a good Toomes?

That's not the issue. Imagine if Christopher Reeve had played the Green Goblin. If he was alive and out of a wheel chair he likely would've done a great job. It's still a terrible casting decision though. My suggestion is to not use actors that played an iconic comic book hero and cast him as a villain...in another comic book movie. Just a thought.

I never said it wasn't believable, I said it was outside the norm. Don't twist my words. You're being awfully defensive about this to an autistic degree

The Vulture would have been excellent as the ONLY villian in Rami's Spider-Man three. Especially as Rami had taken pains to show Spider-Man as a struggling working class hero. (Teenagers in full time school aren't a good fit for the working man feeling he's owed by the system theme, as they are dependants.)

It wasn't "bad", it works for the story they're trying to tell, but just don't call it an accurate Spider-Man movie.

They changed Peter fundamentally by effectively replacing Uncle Ben with Stark. Sure you have that scene in Civil War where he can't bring himself to mention Ben, but this could have been the right movie for it. Ben doesn't have to die again, just acknowledged more strongly. Then the supporting cast got revamped so he has a whole new dynamic with them now. MCU Peter just isn't as close to comics Peter like many hoped. But a big part of it is probably trying to distance themselves from past films.

The only thing I didn't like was the complete lack of heart. Uncle Ben probably should have been in there to give Spider man some sort of emotional reasoning, without it he was just another regular kid who got superpowers.

However the rest was executed very well. I loved it, especially the ending with Vulture not giving away Parker's identity.

>many of his decisions will be tied to the "lessons" Tony taught him, rather than him learning via experience.
And this is different to the lessons taught by Uncle Ben because...? Not muh.

Not him, but I think that people against old Aunt May don't understand the benefit of her being and old lady. We've seen the heart attacks and whatever but it's also canon that she has a rebellious spirit, making her unique among marvel's elderly characters. Her being old gives more credence to the life experience she gives Pete and naturally makes her one of the primary people we want to see Peter protect.

if enough people complain about the lack of Uncle Ben's presence eventually they'll have to tackle him in some way.

So all the countless Spider-Man comics that don't bring up Uncle Ben remove the defining aspect of Spider-Man as a character? Because Ben still happened in Homecoming.

Because Uncle Ben was just a normal guy so it's sage wisdom from a simple man. Tony Stark is a high profile superhero and well known genius so it's seen as tips from a "superior hero".

You ever seen Dragon Ball Evolution? It's that, but "Spider-man".

I liked it!
I had fun, shit happened and I was entertained.

Old Aunt May = best Aunt May.

I liked it. Thought it was a fun movie.

That's fair. It adds a bit of frailty to Peter's home life. Just so long as he doesn't make a deal with the devil to keep her around

How about a little from column A, a bit from column B?

Those countless issues are part of a continuity that firmly established Ben's role early on. This movie only had to say his name and chose not to.

>we want to see Peter protect
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAVE you read Stan Lee's run? There's no character in the silver age than May, who suffered soap opera illnesses every two issues.

>I never said it wasn't believable
Then learn to follow a reply chain, because pretty clearly implied that.

Did you accidentally reply to me? What does that have to do with my post?

Then don't make stupid assumptions

Do you not understand the original post?

If yoga was the ONLY change Disney would make on characters that have been around for 100 years then I could live with it. Actually nah. She must be frail and vulnerable so we can get scenes like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ax2afJml-Q

Penis Parker was fine.

I don't get what you're saying here. Are you saying it's bad that she had a unique character defining trait? Or that it's unrealistic for an old person to have hear disease?

No it wasn't,was CIA all over again.

Hell, same clothes, hairstyle and retarded personality. a manlet trying to look like a though guy, is almost like he was supposed to be like him

the important thing is dunst is cute as fuck and anyone that says otherwise is wrong

It was fine. Clearly for a young audience, like age 6-15

*artist

fpbp

>There's more burden on you to prove why she's a good character.
Not that person but: the burden of proof lies on whoever is trying to convince the other person to change their mind. That's it.

I don't want to watch a movie about Tony Stark having an ugly bitch on his dick the whole damn time. Fucking Peter is a punk ass bitch who cries when superhero things get too hard.
Weak ass shit, ain't inspirational.

Other than vulture it's a very forgettable movie.

>the villain is more likeable, relatable, and interesting than the shitty protagonist we're stuck with.
Vulture was the real hero here.

Feels like most older movies.