Disney Parks

Just got accepted into the Disney College Program to work the Food and Wine festival in Epcot.

Let's have a parks thread to celebrate. What is your favorite park? Any tips for someone who has never been behind the scenes before?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Congrats, user!

My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. Because animals. I haven't seen the Avatar ride yet, though.

Lucky bastard, enjoy eating like a king on your lunch breaks

take pictures if you can

Congrats user!
Heres a few tips
>The Commons is hands down the best place to live and is worth the small extra money (as someone whose lived in Vista, Chatham and The Commons)
>If you are taking the bus always leave an hour cushion time before your shift because Transtar suuuuucckkks
>The I Ride Trolley is your best friend if you want to get to Universal without paying for an uber (it costs 25 cents for cast members)
>You can't get a cast member discount on quick service drinks but you can get a discount on merch drinks
>seriously take advantage of that 40% holiday merch discount
>Yesake is the best place to eat out in Disney Springs if you are looking for a cheap bite
>Golden Corral by Vista takes cast member discounts
>If not Commons Vista is the second best due to convenience (Chatham is just prettier)
>If you are a chase card user flash your chase card at a secret door at the American Pavillon during Food and Wine and they'll take you to a special room with free fountain drinks
>Gaston's tavern is the best place to watch fireworks (I think. My last day was the last day of Wishes)
>The Ferrys are faster if you are exiting MK after fireworks. They let in 600 people every 3 minutes as opposed to the monorail which constantly breaks down and lets in I think 200.
>take advantage of the 40% Hoop De Doo Revue Discount if they still have it. Unlimited alcohol and food.
>seriously my buddy and I got wasted at that show during my last week (don't worry didn't get termed)

HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHHA
Your fucked user.
I worked for 2 years at Out door foods for the Magic Kingdom. Let me tell you my advice
1. Baby powder. Ten can's of it. And a small one to keep in your pockets. There is not god, only sweat. If it's not coated in baby powder you will suffer a terrible fate.

2. You must check into Epcot through a rotary door. That means it's a metal spinny door that someone buzzes you in. People get trapped.

3. Hot, drunk, Floridians are like the people you find at walmart, only hot, and drunk. These people are animals of the lowest pit of hell. And will skin you alive for any reason if you are the weakest insight. Never let them see you sweat.

4. Consider uber in your spare time to pay for your own car. you won't make enough down here to survive even with the college program and taking the bus is a mix of guess work and luck. The buss drivers are committed to you, but the world is against you.

Rain will not stop the park from making money. Fire will not stop from making money, people will drop dead like fly's in front of you from heat exhaustion / most walking in there lifetime and it's your job to phone the paramedics team of yet another one.

EVERY
PERSON
COMES
OUT
TIRED

AMA btw.

They have a cafe, it's low tier, If you can change costume, sneak in, get your food, eat it and get back in 45 minute lunch break you get then yeah, kewl.

Going to Disney World for the first time next month! As someone who's only ever been to Disneyland in California are there any things we don't have that I should try and do?

Disney has and always will be a corrupt conpany to afraid to ever make anything cool for fear of insulting wholesome fags obsessed with their sparkly clean brand image, and so they ruin marvel and star wars to fit said image

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

Aside from the three other parks and the two water parks?

>>Gaston's tavern is the best place to watch fireworks (I think. My last day was the last day of Wishes)

The show that replaced Wishes, Happily Ever After, is super reliant on castle projections, so that's not as good a spot now.

I appreciate this. What makes the Commons so much better?

don't bother going to hollywood studios, it's a construction zone right now.

Aw damn. Well if thats the case the TTC or Polynesian is the best viewing area so that way you don't need to fight through the crowds if you want to leave afterwards.
Sure thing! And for the Commons it has
>location convenience due to it being right across the street from the Premium Outlets (just go through the garage)
>From the premium outlets its a 5 minute walk to the I Trolley and a 15 minute walk to Publix
>You get your own washer and dryer in your apartment
>There is a little (albeit tad overpriced) convenience store with a milkshake maker by the lobby
>Usually the first stop transtar makes when going home

The only two downsides is that it costs a tad more (but only by like 5-10 dollars) and three buses which are the K (Blizzard Beach, Coronado, All Stars, Cast Connection) and the G (Art of Animation, Pop Century, Caribbean), and D (Port Orleans, Disney Event Group, Saratoga, Old Key West) busses don't stop at The Commons but no one really uses them unless they work at those places, want to go resort hopping, or want to go to Blizzard Beach and even then you can easily walk to Chatham or take another bus to Vista or Chatham. Also if you do live in the Commons and work at one of those places then you can always request the driver after 6 PM to drop you off at The Commons.

Enjoy walking around in the blazing Florida heat in a hot rubber costume as bratty kids poke at you.

This Just go for like an hour or two for Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster on a slow day and then go to Epcot afterwards.
Also I forgot Styx has the best concert by far.

I forgot the B bus (which also goes to Magic Kingdom Cast services but also the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and TTC) does not go to the Commons unless again if you are being dropped off after 6.

My mom went to Disney World in the 70s. Yeah, it was hot, crowded, and everything was horribly expensive. Granted it's been near 40 since she was there, but not a lot has changed except retards have cell phone cameras now.

I'm going in the first week of September with a friend. So excited

What's the line normally like for the Haunted Mansion

>Also I forgot Styx has the best concert by far
>bunch of 65 year olds playing a Greatest Hits setlist of 45 year old songs
>good concert experience

Is there a site that documents all of this? I'd love to compare everything like busses etc

I want her to sit comfortably on my face

Aw yeah, I love the Brazilian tour groups walking around in thongs.

there's no good reason to go to disney world given that it is so expensive and now affordable 4k video cameras and youtube exists.

Supposedly they hold the food and wine festival in the area right next to where the old Body Works ride use to be and they just cover the entrance with a cloth drape partition during the wine festival. You can sneak behind it and tour a old ride that's been abandoned for like 10 years. Film it and YouTube it.

I'm not sure. I finished my second program last May so I'm just going off by memory.

$125 for a one day pass is fuckin ridiculous even for Disney.

Ya but they're weird. They sing and chant and clap and huehuehue while they're in the line queue.

>planning a trip to disney world
>2 days in each park
>1 day in one of the water park
is this too much?
and what hotel is the best?
was thinking about the Art of animation
but heard that these budget hotels are way too overcrowded and not worth the price they're charging

Personally, I would spend 1 day at each park.
>what hotel is the best?
There are probably other anons that can answer that question than me, but I really loved the Yacht Club, though I wasn't a fan of the buses.

>I would spend 1 day at each park.
Oh really? is there not alot of things to do if you take away the crowds?
cause I thought with so many people going there, two days might be good so i can enjoy things at a leisurely pace, instead of running form place to place

It really depends on what you want to do at a park. As much as I love Magic Kingdom, I don't think I'd want to see their fireworks show twice in a row. I ruins the moment for me.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot are the only ones I could see stretching into two days. Animal Kingdom and Studios don't have as many attractions and Studios in particular only has like four rides currently running.

gotcha both
cause i was thinking about planning an even further date for Universal
but if i can cut a day out of Animal Kingdom and Studios
i can probably squeeze in Universal

Get a park hopper.

>tfw walking from chatham to publix
>tfw going to senor frogs
>tfw spending the majority of your off time in the parks
>tfw your friend lets you in the fastpass line
>tfw walking under test track
>tfw eating dole whip
>tfw u cry evertim during hea
>tfw getting up in the morning for the sole purpose of rode dropping tower of terror
>tfw on everest during rivers of light
>tfw merida asks if you like redheads
>tfw not cold
>tfw you have to fight the urge to qoute the dinosaur preshow
>tfw you see the rappers at disney springs
Cp feels