Lil' Bush Thread

Opinions on Lil' Bush?

No matter your political stance, making a satirical show about a president during their literal last possible year in office is a dumb move.

Would've been better if it had been released in 2004 instead of 2007

Either way, it's aged about as well as a carton of curdled milk

>heh heh I was talking to God there heh heh

I don't know why Comedy Central feels the need to make outdated president-inspired shows and skits rather than a general, "THE PRESIDENT SHOW" and create their own fictional president character that they can keep running for as long as they want, like Veep.

I liked it, pretty nostalgic to me

I actually do like it, both ironically and unironically. The concept of the show is so fucking dumb and ridiculous (which I'm pretty sure is the point) that I can't help but laugh at it

Because shows like this (and that new Trump cartoon on Showtime) are made to mock the specific person who is president at the time as opposed to making jokes about the presidency and the government in general

But they end up being ratings flops because they outdate themselves so quickly.

CC also had a live-action Trump show that also lost viewer steam by the time the first season ended.

Does every non-Democrat need to have a show made about them?

Everything about this show was just so dull and boring.

Except Lil' Cheney.

i think you're retarded

Lil' Cheney IS the best character though, so he's partially right

Apparently yes.

Because childish name calling and straw manning is the only arrow in the quiver.

>Because childish name calling and straw manning is the only arrow in the quiver.

Well they tried to make a show making fun of Obama, but it turned into "nigger nigger nigegr cuck nigger cuck" pretty quick.

I don't recall that show existing, but it wouldn't surprise me.

You sure? I think it's still around, it's called Fox News.

Father and I love this show. He's a die-hard republican, and I grew up during Bush administration.

I still remember him on the computer behind me giggling to the clips off of the Comedy Central website, while I played Mario 64 on the Console.

>I'll call you Brownie because of the color of your skin!

Fox never called him a nigger. They just brought up that he basically was just as incompetent as Bush. Even they said the birther shit was stupid, only Glen Beck was the one crazy enough to go with it and he went after a left leaning audience as soon as Trump was the nominee.

It should have been way funnier than it was. At least the Bushism-themed punk rock songs were fun.

Cheney and HW were the best characters. I also loved the episode that ripped Michael Moore. Could have been better as a whole, but was alright for what it was trying to do. I'm actually hoping they try to make a satirical Trump cartoon, seams like a much better punching bag then Dubya and Obama combined due to his many insecurities and narcissistic attitude. Dubya was like a wacky uncle and Obama was probably the most deadpan President since Wilson. They each had their fuck ups, but Trump is like a magnet for controversy, a year in and he makes Richard Nixon look like a calm and collected gentleman.

Why do Americans care so much about their presidents anyway?

American presidents sound like a bunch overglorified TV clowns with little to no actual power t b h

How do you make a weekly satire cartoon about Obama? or Kerry? or Warren? Even a Hillary cartoon would be incredibly boring due to her complete lack of a personality.

Bernie might work, but there isn't a big enough audience for him. Slick Willy would be perfect, but we are 20 years too late for that one. The reality is modern democrats are incredibly boring and devoid of any real personality. This also goes for most republicans as well. Mcconnell and Ryan don't exactly emanate charisma. They could all work as supplementary characters, but couldn't carry a show if their lives depended on it. Bush worked because he sounded like a funny hick who was just the front man to Cheney's show, he was the butt of every joke. Trump works even better. regardless of political preferences, he is a walking caricature of the American fat cat businessman with who can't handle any criticism.

It's the same reason why Bongs love the Queen, they are just figureheads that are propped up for media attention. A face that can take the heat off of the inner workings of the rest of the government. If something goes wrong, they can blame the president. If something goes right, they can cheer the president. The reality is, most presidents are just old money or propped up by old money to ensure that one of two specific strains of neolibreal policy are followed. Even if they are galvanizing and appear woefully incompetent, like Trump, at the end of the day they either fall in line with the game plan or they get voted out.

They all run on the same promises of hope and change, of making America great again, when they are really just a small cog in how the government is run and don't really accomplish much of merit. Even then, the ones that do accomplish something major, like Nixon or LBJ, are normally looked down upon because of other controversies or the mishandling of a sensitive issue.

Does that means that the white house is basically a glorified human zoo?

>he doesnt know about bill
He was essentially a cartoon character already.

They did just come out with a satirical Donald Trump cartoon (I mentioned it in one of my replies above), but it's really boring.
If they made a Lil' Bush-styled show but with Trump and had actual funny political commentary and humor, as opposed to the same old jokes about Donald we see all the time in the media today, I would honestly watch it

The Colbert one is HBO

Basically. It's more like a reality TV show with Trump in the office now. Pretty much everyone in his cabinet are children of rich people and they hate one another. They all leak stuff to the press too, despite always decrying "fake news." It's like one giant dysfunctional family. To compare, most of Obama's controversies were really controversies started by people working under him, like Eric Holder or Hillary. They were more about his lack of leadership than him actually doing something stupid. Trump's controversies are pretty much all self made. it's actually fascinating to watch. There are going to be case studies done on the Trump administration for years to come, because of his ability to brush off and divert things that would have crumbled a lesser president. We are only a year in and there's already more content than all of Watergate.

but user, I mentioned him in my post. He would work great if it were the 90's, but it's too late now.

90s comedy cartoons got a piece of Bush Senior AND Bill Clinton. But the biggest victim was Dan Quayle

I hated it, and I don't even like Dubya. It was just "insert overdone Bush joke here" the show.

Best Bush parody coming through

Dan "Potatoe" Quayle

Cheney was always amusing.
>Touchdown!

Anyway I think part of the reason why so many of the jokes about Trump you see on TV are really dull is because comedians and the people who write for these shows don't feel the need to be clever when making Donald Trump look goofy since Trump himself already acts like one giant cartoon character. Like him or hate him, you gotta admit that he has quite a bombastic and fairly ridiculous personality. And it's a shame that these writers and producers think this way, because there really is potential for witty commentary

I think the big issue is that Trump is a political lightning rod. The rreally liberal writers treat him as the second coming of Hitler and a serious threat to democracy. The few conservative writers admire him, and tow their partisan line by poking fun at other politicians like Hillary. There's no middle ground that can be reached where it's just poking fun at Trump's behavior and antics. Which is a shame, because the guy is a walking target. You can like his policies and agenda still see that the guy is a complete buffoon that can't even read. He's the complete antithesis of what someone would expect the president to be. Instead of just regurgitating the same Alec Baldwin impression every week, they could do so much better.

I really think the writers strike really killed a lot of good careers/made a lot of writers worse. Because ever since then, political satire has been incredibly lazy.

Dated shit, it's only enduring relevance is as a precursor to the cringe that would consume the left during the Obama and Trump years.

That’s My Bush was great because it didn’t feel mean spirited. It actually made me like Bush.

I liked it a lot when I was younger, especially everything with Jeb. And Bush's dimwitted sociopathy was endearing.

Yeah I didn't watch the Trump cartoon but I feel like Bush works a lot better in animation than Trump.

The Bush administration was a bunch of self-serious professionals doing awful things on a global scale, so highlighting their flaws and making them comic figures is a lot funnier. Meanwhile the Trump administration is an absolute shitshow of comedic incompetence, which makes jokes at their expense feel lazy. No writer is going to make something funnier than the Mooch going on a drunken tirade to a journalist and accusing Bannon of sucking his own dick.

Plus it's extra retarded to try and make a cartoon based on the Trump admin with any intention of a recurring cast, because like half the people in the White House are in danger of being fired. What's going to happen when Trump finally fires Sessions or Kelly finally gets ousted?

All I remember about this show is pudding holes.