m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8Ik2P57C0
youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o&list=LLd9nCCF_y-27zn2pK2BHv2A&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=8TFAGAyLzcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Mentor Character
>Is heavily hinted to be hiding something
>Shows prominent flaws
>That something is actually a perfectly reasonable and non-evil secret
>They work to keep their flaws in check and are a fundamentally good guy.

MCU Hank was great.

2nd favourite after EMH Hank.

>divorced couple
>woman is with another man now
>hes not an asshole

Funny how adaptions always seem to treat him better than the actual comics.

That was also in Ant-Man.

In fact, I'm shocked the whole divorced scenario was handled reasonably instead of the wife being a giant bitch.

>or a fraud

does faking your own death count?

I was referring more to the, "He doesn't ACTUALLY have superpowers! He's a phony!" bullshit that seems to accompany every famous celebrity hero character.

Yeah, while we naturally sympathise with Scott its perfectly understandable why the ex would have issue with a convicted criminal having regular contact until she's sure he's reformed.

All Might from MHA fits this perfectly if you are into weeby shit

>All Might from MHA fits this perfectly
No you fucking retard. All Might doesn't have ego.

I know right?

If only comic book writers actually tried with him instead of perpetuating a cycle of hate with Hank.

>Popular girl clique
>Despite being somewhat shallow she actually turns out to be both a good person and not an idiot.
>Bonus points if all the characters in the clique are like this and she's not just the exception to the rule.
It's being used more and more but I don't see a lot of people go whole hog with it like the last scenario.

>>Strong guy with an ego
>>Ends up NOT being a jerk or a fraud

>new big evil shows up that over shadows the other bad guys
>actually brings the heroes to their knees and are about to kill them
>first group of bad guys show up and save the the hero
I like this shit

I think Edgar Wright wanted Hank to be a dick and his ex-wife’s husband too.

>Strong guy with an ego
>Ends up NOT being a jerk or a fraud
This but with Jocks. Some of the nicest guys in highschool.

>Strong guy with an ego
>Ends up NOT being a jerk or a fraud

I know it's anime but still.

>minor character suddenly ends up being super important in ways you couldn't possibly imagine
Geralt will allways regret helping that hedgehog knight

Wright's original script actually had Hank go full villian and wear the Yellowjacket suit for the final fight. it was one of the major sticking points between him and the studio,since they wanted to keep Hank as a good guy and use him in later movies.

>jocks are the absolute best bros

Not Sup Forums, but that was one of the many things I loved about Mrs. Doubtfire.

It's such an obvious twist at this point. Though, so is evil corporate big wig. At least they had the decency o make Yellowjacket legit demented.

ALL MIGHT DOES NOT HAVE AN EGO.

>fashionable character is not a vapid whore
>inb4 implications

True, but I (am at least the third one here to have) thought about him in relation to this. A super-powerful, super-famous hero whom our main character idolizes? Narratively, he's in Deku's way; he had to be either unworthy or incapable of staying the greatest hero, so I was super-cold on him when he first showed up signing autographs and thanking his supporter, as I knew there had to be SOME big secret of his or other.

Fortunately, though, it was the "incapable" route for him; he was only dying, not a jerk, and so he got to keep his soul and stay a sweetheart!

I for one am glad we didn’t get that.

>completely inconsequential character or event that keeps popping up ends up being incredibly important and even pivotal to the story.
I can't think of any good Sup Forums examples off the top of my head so have this one.

>villain develops feeling for one of the heroes
>not one sided obsession
>hero is pretty hostile and hates the villain
>as time goes on they start to develop feelings for the villain
>secret romance (optional about the secrecy but it makes it better)
>happy ending for the both of them with the villain not having to sacrifice themself to save the hero
I'll just keep this every time the thread does up, you can't stop me

>bad guys aren't cartoonishly evil
>bad guys actually have perfectly reasonable and rational reasons behind their actions

Go back and watch movies from the 70-mid90s. This used to be pretty common. Late90s to now EVERY antagonist seems to be seems to be overtly, and stupidly, evil.

Giving Cross some of Ultron's daddy issues helped. If they had managed to save him for another movie, I could have seen him copying Hope's brain for a Jocosta. Too bad Stark beat them to that.

Xanatos comes close. He is just sociopathically amoral rather than outright evil.

Give ONE example.

>evil overlord guy
>has fun being evil and isn't motivated by self-righteousness or revenge, he just wants conquest, riches and bitches

>baddies are friends with other baddies

I have one but it's from a crappy magical girl anime and not really Sup Forums related
there's probably a lot out there but I'm still looking

>character is entertaining both pre and post development

>villain kicks hero's ass while singing a villain song
>hero later turns the tables and kicks their ass while singing a reprise

Aren't heroes generally civil to villains with a crush? Unless we're talking female heroes and male villains, then they usually call the guy a creep.

Most Dreamworks protagonists.

People shit all over those movies and meme, "Rofl Dreamworks face" but damn if Po, Megamind, Hiccup, RJ, and Grug, aren't entertaining characters even after their arcs.

You forgot
>Somehow doesn't die.

>Main villain/group of villainsactually cares about his right hand/henchmen/camarad/subjects/whatever's well being
>Bonus point if the death of said loved accomplice by the hands of the good guys motivates him/makes him stronger

Kinda like Zaheer from Korra but in a better show

>biggest character is also one of the smartest

Reminder that Edgar Wright was going to turn him evil

glad edgar left the project desu

please name an example, I need this

>Adult cast of a kids show is just as entertaining if not more so at times than the child main characters

Ah magical girl anime used to do this a bit before they went full yuri right? I know Hokagu no Pleiadies has the main villain as the love interest, in a strange sort of twist.

>hero is beaten down/on the ropes by the villain
>normal folk step up to defend him

Spiderman 2 is the only example off the top of my head, I'm sure theres more

Ant Man and The Wasp were planned to be in Avengers, but both the delays and a veto from him on the characters being used until the project was done prevented that.

>show's main cast doesn't have a designated straight man.
>instead, the dynamic works so that any character could play straight man to any other character depending on the situation

People threw some shit to the Green Goblin on the bridge scene from the first one

It's kind of crazy how much fucking responsibility the adults put on Arnold, who is supposed to be eight in the show. Mr. Green put him as his goddamn campaign manager and the flower shop lady put Arnold and Gerald in charge OF THE STORE while she got sick.

Spider-Man one had it kind of

That's something that happens with a lot of kids shows. You create kid characters for kids to relate to but if you had them get treated like actual kids they'd never get to do anything fun.

Also Arnold had a bitchin room

They should get Michael Douglas to play colonel Sanders in those commercials

Spongebob did it too
I actually really like these two scenes that show the towns folk standing up to a bully (even if they got it wrong)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3dTaTqva87g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8Ik2P57C0

Civil War kind of ended that way, although it was Cap who had Iron Man on the ropes until the village people stood up to him

i read that was the reason for black widow's more prominent role in the avengers. she does feel out of place during the climatic battle

Yeah it's actually a genre that can do it easily
But it almost never happens or follows through I.e he takes a shot to save her
One of the precure series had it and even an entire episode dediricsted to it but then the series ended with them basically accepting their feelings for each other and that was it, nothing else
I felt super let down, especially because that was the main reason I was watching it

Clarence was really good about the limitations of kid stories. Sometimes episodes just being about, "We have no money at the arcade, how do we have fun?" or "Walking home by yourself".

The two shows that I feel like fit this the most are Bob's Burgers and TTG. Take that how you will.

>hero
>daddy/mommy issues aren’t central to the character

>>divorced couple
>>woman is with another man now
the other man don't die or the woman don't go back to ex

All Might explicitly told Deku the reason why He does his signature laught when He enters any scene is to hide his stage terror while give people around reassurance/hope at the same time

>Anime/manga ends with the confession and doesn't show the couple developing their relationship via cute moments and cute dates

I feel your pain my friend. Stories with villains in them almost always have the confession at the very end too so we never get to see them actually be a couple if the hero and villain do actually hook up. Suffering.

As someone who watched EMH before the Avengers movie, Black Widow worked better as a shield agent than an Avenger IMO.

Reminder: youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o&list=LLd9nCCF_y-27zn2pK2BHv2A&index=25

>weak/cowardly/otherwise pathetic character stands up to a threat
>Can't manage any composure and is visibly terrified

>inb4 someone bitch about not posting the """""superior""""" dub

>Gay character who isn't effeminate

It's a lot better these days of course but you still see old stereotypes crop up

Yeah if I ever make a show or finish that god awful lolirock fanfiction I was writing (if only I could grammer)
I'm gonna have so much villain romance in it
Personally I like the type that is then mostly just being super angry at each other and trying to kill one another and then the hate fucking starts
Save all the mushy stuff for way later when they've got it out of their system

>there are no good guys
my favorite. every one of the main characters is just a antagonist or a goon. most of the supporting cast is a victim or a goon. its more realistic this way. no anti heroes just people looking out for themself with no concern for others

Heres the Dub: youtube.com/watch?v=8TFAGAyLzcg

>Hero is literally slowly killing himself everytime He uses his power
It hurts knowing that

>formerly whimpy or unintelligent or overall flawed main character has a much more successful friend
>main character suddenly starts to have even more success than their big shot friend and more positive attention
>friend doesn't get jealous and is happy for main character

>every one of the main characters is just a antagonist or a goon. most of the supporting cast is a victim or a goon. its more realistic this way.

>hero and villain turn out to be related
>it's treated as not a particularly big deal and their relationship stays mostly the same

>gag villain is actually able to fuck shit up hard if they put effort into it and/or actually have a noteworthy reputation outside of their relationship with the hero
>both good guy and villain have a super strong underling who gets shit done
I fucking love the Venture bros

Like clockwork

>CHARACTER GETS TO KEEP THE MONEY FOR MORE THAN A GODDAMN EPISODE

>The entirety of Courage the Cowardly Dog

>Baddie stops someone else from killing the hero because they want to be the one to kill them.

>...but still lives in a van.

>sequel comes around
>character relationships are maintained and not reset
KFP is the only one that does this. In contrast, Finding Dory is the worst example of fucking it up. Marlin was a dick right from the start and his personal epiphany turned out to be the same as the first movie: having a little faith in others helps. Then the ultimate point of the movie turns out to be that 'thinking before acting is for LOSERS,' but that's a whole other issue

She’s a slut and you know it

Sleepover episode of OG PPG had Mojo strip the Girls of their powers but still get his ass kicked by the others at the party who got tired of his shit.

>One of the few Dreamworks movies that would make a great series
>Wasn't made into a series

It's a mix of relief and disappointment

Dreamworks TV shows are more hit than miss to me. Even Turbo is legit entertaining, moreso than the movie.

Someone post the dance scene

I see
>non-effeminate gay character looks like freddy mercury
a lot

I just get a general feeling of lack of effort. Especially with the Penguins and King Julien shows.

Turbo's okay only because the film plot was fairly thin. Plus, if you have a snail who can gain superspeed like that, that'd mean there's a whole host of potential stories to tell about the other bullshit in that world.

Legends of Awesomeness is decent too, but Tai Lung's nephew pisses me off

>Especially with the Penguins and King Julien shows.
I HATE everything to have ever come after those movies. The movies themselves were ok I guess, but all the spin offs and memes are legit horrendous.

>super rich southern white girl
>she's actually really nice

The Bunny from Hoodwinked

Sky High from Tiger and Bunny is a much better example of this in weebery. The first few episodes are priming you to think he's an asshole or even the main villain, and then he's a total bro.

I love that trope

Beastwars
He-man

>black character
>dies