Push her in the comics

>Push her in the comics
>The comics tank

>Push her in MvC
>The series dies

>Make a movie about her
>???

This character seems cursed. What if her movie breaks the MCU's streak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsxfkOFQLDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dammit just give me captain marvel something

She was cool in Marvel Heroes Diablo game but that's gone now

I find it so funny how people are so demanding how she's this amazing character when she's one of the vaguest characters I've seen in a long time. How do you define Carol? What does she do that no other hero can offer? Even her DLC level in Lego Avengers was vague as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=BsxfkOFQLDY

Nobody knows what to do with this character and yet they want to make her the next Wonder Woman. It's like they're waiting for the film to drop and then define the character. I guarantee you, when she appears in the MCU, all comics featuring her will take a cosmic shift.

Her movie can't possibly be any worse than the shit she's been lately. If anything, they'll steal whatever the movie does

From what I hear there's a "canon" portrayal of her at Marvel but since she's not well known authors are allowed to take her character in whichever direction they please.

Which I get, but what role does she fulfill? Yes, I know the "bridge cosmic and earth", but it looks like it'll be GOTG without the style.

Captain America but with energy/flying powers.

I miss when she was a Skrull murdering alcoholic.

Alcoholism is Tony Stark's vice. Danvers needs another major flaw, like an addiction to masturbation

>Cursed
Comics overall are suffering.
Push or no most everything does poorly.
MvC was plagued with problems.

Marvel flicks print money, worst case she's another Dr. Strange but she won't be because she's going to probably get the Black Panther/Wonder Woman treatment.

What is this "MCU streak"?

Apparently they couldn't even use anything from the comics for the movie because there wasn't anything to use, so I'm interested to see what kind of status quo the movie is going to set for her. There's nothing particularly interesting about her at all, picked up the so called "acclaimed" Deconnick run, and it's the most generic, boring, female superhero I've ever read.

Huffing paint gets my vote.

Dunno how others here feel about it, but I hope it essentially becomes a "good" Green Lantern but with Winter Soldier-esque conspiracy shit.

That side shave needs to stop that.

Gambling.
>she intentionally throws battles against villains to beat the spread
I don't actually know what that term really means since I don't gamble

As charmed as I am by Superhuman betting ring how would that even work?
Is it really quick turn around betting?

She is trash. I hate resurrecting dead characters but can we have Mar-vell back? At least he's hot plus his comics were more interesting than Carol will ever be.

A US women's skier is also sporting her costume in the Winter Olympics.

It won't.

It's even worse when you consider the crazy amount of marketing Marvel has poured into this to make nu-carol work. Friend of mine works at my local comics store and he told me they get swamped with carol posters with each shipment wether they want it or not.
I don't know why. Just because of her name? Or does someone at marvel have a crush on her? They are trying so hard to make her a flagship character.

I just want the real carol back. Not just because of the leotard but she had an actual backstory. Her alcoholism, her desperation to be recognized and validated, even the cringy rapebaby was part of her backstory.

maybe return to her previous status quo, when she used to sell around 40 - 25k instead of 15 - 10k

I imagine it would still make money no matter how shitty it is because the Disney spin machine would do damage control the same way it did with Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Marvel trying to push Carol as the next big thing is due to three reasons
1. Fiege apparently liked her and wanted to make have something in the MCU with her starring.
2.Marvel wanted a Wonder Woman counterpart to complete there own trinity with Capitan America and Iron Man which coincides with
3.She was the closet thing to a popular Marvel heroine that wasn't Sue, She-Hulk, or deeply entrenched in the X-Franchise

>best outfit
she has good taste

>crazy amount of marketing Marvel has poured into this to make nu-carol work
there was no marketing whatsoever

MvC did not fail because of her, though

Shit that's pretty cool actually

Every suit should have two convenient boobflap zippers.

Paying outfitters like Spyder to have the US Skiers sport the two Captains is a form of marketing, user.
So is putting her into literally every marvel game and producing metric fucktons of merch nobody asked for.

I for one want this costume back.

I prefer my female characters to not be scared of their femininity (as I personally define it.)

your anecdotal story with your friend and a handful of athletes isnt a crazy amount of marketing to say the least. a friend of mine works at marvel and he told me she gets the least amount of marketing. seeing as how my friend is closer to marvel it must make my statement more true

stan lee here can confirm

>dressing like a whore is femininity
it was her worst outfit. Why dont stop being scared of your masculinity and accept her new superior look

>worse

You say this, but I believe you to be wrong, and so does my wallet.

And my Wallet > Your taste.

>slutshaming
>in le current year

Just give her a good writer.

Whelp I hope she doesn't crash and burn wearing that.

>the crazy amount of marketing

Marvel hasn't done any real marketing for Carol, or any of their newer characters, as part of their "Make a bunch of comics to appeal to Tumblr and don't tell anyone on Tumblr you're doing it" strategy.

And as to why they're pushing her, if Feige says he wants to start thinking about a woman-led MCU solo movie and you can't use Black Widow, Wasp, Sue Storm, Storm, Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, or Black Cat, who else are they gonna push?

Why would she burn if she's skiing?

>Giving a shit about the Winter Olympics other than ice skating

>he doesn't rate skiing, curling, luge, speed skating or hockey
YGSIU

>Skiing
Unless it involves combining BMX racing with skiing and someone constantly asking for two dollars I sleep.

Seriously, there is nothing interesting, unique or appealing about this character. Why is she getting such a push? is it because she has the name of the company as her codename?

>is it because she has the name of the company as her codename?
yes

Is Marvel that petty

They need to just have Rogue fuck her up again. Make Rogue flagship Marvel female

>shaming a woman's sexuality and how she dresses
Not very progressive, you swine.

Man, Cap can't even look excited to be on that cover.

why is this not the movie one?

He won't smile about anything related to the Olympics until 2020 when baseball comes back.

Rowr.

ROWR.

But seriously, she just needs decent writing, that's the only thing that will save her. And they should stop with the "Marvel's WW" shit. They already have a Wonder Woman, and it's pic related.

Thor is Marvel's WW

Might be cool.

There was something like that in an early issue of Hellblazer wasn't there.

That's honestly kind of cool.

Bring her back

She was interesting before the re-design/re-work.

Now she is just there to push dyke hair fashion normalization.

>you can't use Black Widow
Why is that?

this looks like it was commissioned by
pamela anderson lee

She definitely had her own identity as Ms Marvel. She was a constant fuckup with severe self confidence issues. She doubted herself all the time, to the point where she became an alcoholic just to cope with her anxieties. Her dream was to become a great hero, so conquering her alcoholism and becoming an Avenger was a great step forward for her. But she was still a fuckup with a bizarre, rarely-explored sadistic side.

And then Marvel gutted her character completely to turn her into Captain Marvel. Suddenly she was a completely different character, but she was still called Carol Danvers. After KSD's run, Carol got some of her flawed personality traits back, but she's still somehow the greatest hero in the Marvel universe. It's retarded.

Its the fact that no MCU movie has ever bombed or performed poorly. It's a 10 year winning streak. Which is bullshit considering how bad a lot of the movies are.

Give her a more feminine haircut and watch sales skyrocket.

Sorry user black panthers going to do that

Storm is a mutant tied down to the X-Men franchise. That already makes her a weaker marketing tool than WW. Diana herself is tied down to no one.

A body that actually looks like a woman would probably help too.

> Alcoholism/Narcissism/Paranoia = Tony
> Self-doubt = Wanda
> Dark Past = Natasha/Bucky
> Braggart = Thor
> Arrogance = Strange

Flaws are all taken up.

He is and isn't.

More than one person is allowed to share the same personality traits, user. Did you know almost every superhero quips when they fight?

Comics are shit in general and MvC was a shitshow. The movie will probably be fine

>Alcoholism is Tony Stark's vice.
Still waiting for that movie. Thats the one story point the movie hasnt tackled. Surely after Civil War, hes gonna hit the bottle hard.

Wonder Woman is a female lead.

All Marvel's women are supporting characters who play second fiddle to the men. Not only that, writers and fans define them by their relations to men. The only exception to this is She-Hulk.

Storm is Tchalla's bitch, Scarlet Witch is a plot device for Magneto, X-23 is Wolverine's pet the dog, Sue is Reed's bitch, Jean is a plot device.

Yooouur my best mate Thanossss...

I know what it's like to be so desperately pissed up on booze.

>>Make a movie about her
>>???
The audience dies?

I’ve never read a captain marvel story besides that retarded time travel one with the women soldiers. I bet we would have equally uneducated conversation about this character.

>Storm is Tchalla's bitch
Please, it's always been the other way around.

so cancel it until marvel replaces all their staff?

This + make her lesbian with Spider-Woman.

She's boring as hell and her presence in everything other than her original run has been forced in an attempt to get us to like her.

She's one of the worst waifus but nobody likes Laura before Logan so who knows...

Just do it Marvel.

>How do you define Carol?
Character that has been mindwiped multiple times and has a habit of journeying into space to "find herself".

>>dressing like a whore is femininity
I can go to any beach in the US and see women wearing far less. I can see them wearing about the same at gyms or college campuses. What's your issue with women?

Explain to me why this costume is bad without using sexuality as a reason. it looks cool. It's easily recognizable. It's not practical but she's a fucking superheroine. Neither is the long flowing hair.

Not to mention it's the costume associated with the time when she had an actual personality and motives.

Make Carol Murder-Carol again

Because her new one is much better.

>Storm is Tchalla's bitch, Scarlet Witch is a plot device for Magneto, X-23 is Wolverine's pet the dog, Sue is Reed's bitch, Jean is a plot device.
So Emma Frost movie when?

I get that it looking vaguely like a flight suit fits the character but it also makes it look a lot like basically any other super suit. It's much less distinctive.

They did and then the good writers ended their run suspiciously when Civil War 2 started and fucked Carol character over.

delet

Pretty much Carol really doesn't have many avenues she can call her own.

There's a term I describe certain characters in comics as "Superhero stew", where a character has no real defining quality in their franchise. For example, with Thor, you get the Asgardian stuff. With Cap, you get espionage and clashing of viewpoints. With Spider-Man, the hectic life of Peter Parker trying to balance itself among a well known rogue's gallery.
But Carol falls in the category where she's never defined and just borrows things from everywhere else. It's like how the only characters we know are going to be in the film are SHIELD, a formless organization that's just there. I use the phrase Superhero stew as the character will just borrow elements from other heroes, but never have the time to truly define themselves as a franchise. Some DC heroes suffer from this.

>peters defining quality is trying to balance his private life with superhero jobbing
so every superhero since Superman ever.

What are you talking about storm is an A lister black panther was a D lister until recently are you 12 or something no one considers storm a side character to black panther

But you can't deny that Peter has a defined Rogue's Gallery with it.

what does that even mean

Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Kraven, Mysterio, etc, etc.

When you think Spider-Man, you can instantly think of his villains. Hell, MJ, JJJ, Aunt May, and so on are his defining cast. You think Spider-Man and you can immediately name elements of his stories.

With Carol Danvers, who do you list? Alpha Flight? Spider-Woman? Most of what comes with Carol is just yanked from other corners of Marvel. Carol barely has anything to define a series iwth.