Reboot and Beast Wars are re-animated in Potato Head CalArts style

>Reboot and Beast Wars are re-animated in Potato Head CalArts style
>But the audio remains exactly the same, without a soundbyte changed

Good or bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lnHQv_BHXOo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I did not rewatch Beast Wars for the animation.

But the cinematography better remain the same.

>Shows whos entire point wad the 3D animation
>Reanimated in 2D
What do you think?

Only because 3D was considered "Wow Such Futuristic Technology" at the time.
If it was made today with the same mentality, it would be done in VR or something similar.

Actually, no it wouldn't because people today are not mystified by VR and don't have complete misunderstanding of it.

It would completely ruin the spirit of the original
You KNOW they'd change whats happening on screen beyond the necessary stylistic changes.

Neither were they completely mystified or confused about CG.
It was novel and fun, but the technology didn't seem alien

But people were mystified and confused about computers.
Computer jargon like "mainframe", "matrix", "motherboard" was all sci-fi to people, and from 80s to early 2000s resulted in hundreds of movies, books, cartoons, educational programs and tabletop RPG settings that featured weird futuristic worlds where people put floppy disks in their skulls to teleport into a virtual world which was just like our world, only rendered in 3D or covered in glowing green lines.
CGI was the dedicated aesthetic for the mysterious computer world at the time. Nowadays, it no longer conveys that message.

>But people were mystified and confused about computers.
>Computer jargon like "mainframe", "matrix", "motherboard" was all sci-fi to people
Oh you mean normal people.
Yeah I can see that.
I knew people that worked on the show and have been hooked on computers since they came with black and green screens.

>Oh you mean normal people.
Yeah I mean, audience of the show mostly.

For me, Reboot was a necessity of the industry.
You needed a new weird group of artists and ideas to express themselves in way that was relevant to the next generation of creatives.

Doesn't make sense to do this.... but then again, neither did the atrocity that is "The Guardian Code".

fucking terrible
the pacing was bad, like akward cutscene from a children's video game bad

>not liking reboot
shsh, you don't say such things outloud on Sup Forums

Little bit of trivia: the artist who drew the vehicles for the Mad Max parody episode actually ended up working in Fury Road as the vehicle designer.

That's fucking rad if you're not pulling my leg.

The janky animation and camerawork in early reboot give it a charm that wouldn't be there if the show was 2D I think. Also finally got round to watching this show and it's fucking great where has it been my whole life

>being shitty gave it charm
that's either stockholm syndrome, nostalgiafagging, peer pressure or straight up denial.
I could just as well say "the dead rat in my soup made it a very unique dining experience I would otherwise not have"

the writing carries the show

I don't know how you could have anything but nostalgia for a for a cartoon from 20 years ago.

>also looking bad =/= being bad

>Reboot and Beast Wars are re-animated in Potato Head CalArts style
i'd like to see them try for this at least

of course, this would be the more likely reality. the story of most episodes later in the series deal with such grim subject matter most modern writers would probably be incapable of leaving well enough alone.

reboot isn't a dead rat in a soup, it's a soup of rat.
Season 1 has a tail and whiskers poking out of it. you could almost hear it squeak if you poked it with the spoon.
Season 2 is the same as Season 1 but without the rat tail and whiskers. still squeaking though
Season 3 is specially made from only the highest quality rat parts to the point of being impossible to tell apart from a normal meat soup.
Season 4 is that stupid high class resturant soup-smear-on-a-plate that does nothing to actually feed you a decent meal... then you get food poisoning anyways

>reboot isn't a dead rat in a soup, it's a soup of rat.
I'm completely lost in your metaphor. No clue what you are trying to coney. But I laughed, so there is that

For all of its faults, Beast Machines had some pretty solid looking CG for a cartoon at the time. The lighting in paticular was far ahead of anything in Beast Wars.

>old CG makes it bad

CG doesn't age well, but the characters and story is still memorable. Case in point, you still fucking remember it enough to throw a little bitch fit.

Not everything that's shitty has charm. You, for example.

>show about life inside a computer
>not making it with computer generated graphics
no thank you

also Megabyte was a god tier villain

god dinobot was so cool, it's gonna hurt trying to avoid getting his masterpiece figure

make it in flash, then

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.
I'm not saying that the entire show is shit because of the CG. As long as a good story is being told, I could hardly care less about the quality of visuals. I have good imagination, you could literally make the characters look like geometric primitive shapes, and I'm cool with it.
But I think it's retarded to say things like "bad animation gives it charm".
You could defend the uncanny valley model giving it a more alien and threatening atmosphere, you could defend the retro-futuristic aesthetic, but saying "being cheap makes it good" is just an excuse to dismiss criticism of a thing you have already decided to love unconditionally.

youtube.com/watch?v=lnHQv_BHXOo

For some reason I pictured a flash version of Reboot having a style like legendaryfrog. fuck that

Beast Wars characterization and writing was top tier, it'd survive any aesthetic.

it was really weird because I barely could watch it and I wanted to puke but story was so good that I wanted to keep watching it

>beast wars has great writing/characterization but lame ass cgi
>the live action transformers films have great cgi/effects but fuck all for plot/story

Really makes you think

Legendaryfrog can't even draw, if I remember correctly.

Only if they resurrect Monty Oum and let him be creative.

With a full budget.

Am i the only one who watched beast wars close to twenty years after it was released, and love it for the story and also the humorously bad CGI that was charming in a way? Also, waspinator is best boy.

>humorously bad CGI
I'd call it quaint.
N64 games look dated, but I still play them.