Continue form last thread Post your cartoon ideas here, following this model:

>Elevator pitch: (one sentence pitch)
>Genre:
>Network:
>Demographic:
>Format: (serialized vs episodic)
>Run time:
>In depth explanation:

Also try giving feedback on the idea posted before your own.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.animation.ir/video/Animation_Writing_and_Develop.pdf
chrisoatley.com/animation-pitch-pitfalls
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
vimeo.com/20355714
media.blubrry.com/chrisoatley/artcast.s3.amazonaws.com/PWP02_WinningPitch.mp3
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/writersguide.pdf
angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm
scribd.com/document/118981476/Bravest-Warriors-Pitch-Bible
scribd.com/document/3122798/Adventure-Time-series-presentation
scribd.com/document/283123939/Rocket-Dog-Pitch
static1.squarespace.com/static/52675998e4b07faca3f636a5/t/527f0a75e4b012bf9e7361c5/1384057461885/Pixar22RulesAnalyzed_Bugaj.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/16su/resources/invisible_ink_pages_0901.pdf
youtube.com/channel/UCJklo0Zl5tLV9kkk_Jd81EA
pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
docdroid.net/aWdaibc/prebible-internet.pdf
docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf
kuula.co/post/7lnSq
vocaroo.com/i/s0bL4DzEs4SZ
vocaroo.com/i/s0D2QK9cabWw
ok.ru/video/206775192147
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sup Forums
>Ideas

Bump

As the OP of the original thread, I feel special.

I'd just like to point out that these posts were all by the same poster

Bump

Just give up, the thread's been up for almost four hours and nobody's posted any ideas. You should've waited longer since the last thread

>Elevator pitch: A teenage boy and his younger sister wander in search of their parents in a super industrialized world where music is a source of powerful magic.
>Genre: A drama based action, adventure, fantasy series
>Network: Adult Swim
>Demographic: Teens/Adults
>Format: Episodic
>Run time: 22 mins

>In depth explanation: Setting is a gloomy, the weather is always cloudy everywhere, all day, everyday. The protagonists are a cautious teenage boy with short golden hair, round glasses, a white dress shirt, black dress pants as well as formal shoes and a black violin case with a silver violin inside. His cheerful little sister too with short golden hair, with a white top with two small black buttons and a black dress, white stockings and black low heel pumps. The two are searching for their parents as they had not come back home (their home is deep within seemingly magical forest) for a very long time as they traveled to the nearby city (which is still pretty far) for food and supplies. The siblings are from a long line of musicians who played music for the gods.

Almost every city and town are super industrialized. A genius inventor, living on the coast in a mansion works endlessly to invent machines that can create and utilize the magic of music to the fullest in order to replace the corrupting heavy machinery. The inventor is calm, wears a beige long coat, a white cotton shirt underneath, dark pants, black boots, golden goggles with green lens, white shaggy hair and goatee.

The inventor has two companions work for him to spread the use of his inventions. A maine coon, a former greaser from a big city, he explores the world for underdeveloped civilizations and ancient texts on the magic of music. A female Spanish pirate captain, she sails to uncharted waters for civilization and ancient ruins. Not only are they exploring, they are finding a solution to relieve a curse that had the planet enveloped in clouds by the gods themselves from an event from ancient times.

Cont.

A powerful demon lord who has been cursed by gods from long ago wishes to release her powers and her true form (she has the body of a little girl) so that she could someday use the magic to become a god. Story wise, maine coon takes in the siblings to live in the mansion with the inventor and the pirate captain so they’ll help find their parents. While demon lord girl plots to steal the boys violin as it contains high amounts of magic, some episodes would have her send strong assassins using magic of music based weapons and or exploiting towns or cities of their magic. Other episodes would be world building and focusing on the maine coon and or pirate captain accompanied by either the teenager and or little girl.

What is it with you and little girls?

>didnt even wait a week
>didn't add any of theresources to the OP
Sage

>Two siblings setup
>Villain is a little girl
Those are two red flags in anything. They're not nessaccarily something that automatically makes something shit but the way you've put them together and the fact that you're not even trying to go for a diffeent dynamic than the cautious older brother and genki younger sister doesn't give me hope.

That and your indepth explanation is a mess.

Ah, you know the site motto

also

>two bumps before even one idea is posted

Religious comedy where the next prophet of God is a young teenage boy

You've described several hundred young adult books for boys.

>Elevator Pitch
A Orphan girl who is a scavenger wanders into a town with strange new people, and is taken under the care of a aging old man who does his best to protect the town.

>Genre
Action-Adventure

>Network
Adult-Swim

>Demographic
Teens-to-Adults

>Format
Serialized

>Runtime
Around 20 minutes

>In Depth Explanation
This little girl wanders intoa town that is constantly attacked by weird Eldrich Monsters. The Aging Old Man fights them off but is very shut off and a bit of a hermit, save two or three people in the town that he actually talks too, but he's not very open about himself or his feelings

The world takes place thousands of years after a huge Interstellar war.
Where the monsters came from no one knows. Aliens from said War made a truce and most went back to their home planet. While some that were loyal to Earth now live on it. Some in the same town where the story takes place. Earth is a bit of shit hole at the moment, but this town is looking pretty good.

The girl has been wandering around most of her life. She's not very smart and needs social things explained to her. But when it comes to anything mechanic wise she knows a fair bit about stuff like that.

The Old Man is a veteran from said war. He wandered into town one day and just set up camp there. The Townsfolk don't mind him too much since he protects them. The Girl is there to help him slowly but eventually open up to the world again while she learns about how it is. Basically they would both be learning from one another

Making a Daughter-Father type bond

The girl does meet some in town friends that become main characters on the little Mis-Adventure she might get herself involved in with the old man. Or explore the town and get to learn more about its unique inhabitants and religion.

Out of genuine curiosity why did you make the protagonist a little girl if you're selling this to teens to adults?

You could sell anything to anyone as long as it's done properly and written well

Plus there's already hundreds of teens/adults that watch animes where the main character is a girl in a more serious/dramatic enviorment

So its no like it would be trying to do something that nobody has ever done before

That wasn't the answer to the question. Just reasons why it wouldn't matter.

I did it cause I wanted it to be a girl.

Again. Write it well and do it properly to the audience you are trying to sell it to.

Lots of people want good stories and good writing so it wouldn't matter that a main character to a series like that is girl.

>I did it cause I wanted it to be a girl.
Why?

We allowed to repost old ideas if its been a while?

>Basically they would both be learning from one another. Making a Daughter-Father type bond

To make that father-Daughter bond. Thats why I wanted it to be a girl.

Beyond that no reason. She's a girl cause I thought hey, make it a girl. Its not like there's a greater interior motive beyond the one I said

sup butch hartman

Well this thread's already a trainwreck

>Elevator pitch:
The daily struggles of a criminally insane man who is trying to make his own cartoon
>Genre:
Comedy with some light SoL elements
>Network:
Adult Swim
>Demographic:
Young Adults-Adults
>Format:
Episodic
>Run time:
Roughly 20 minutes
>In depth explanation:
The show follows the day to day activities of a man who is completely insane, who is in the process of trying to make his own cartoon and get it on TV. The general formula of each episode is simple. The first 75% of the episode follows the man's unusual day to day life and how his insanity makes him interact with the world around him, and the last 25% consist of a crudely animated pilot for a cartoon. This is based heavily on the events from earlier in the episode, but from his completely unhinged worldview. Each episode ends with the show being rejected by whatever network he is pitching it to. There are also brief segments that don't quite fit in with the rest of the each pilot. Fans of the show will be able to piece these together to find out hidden D E E P E S T L O R E about the crazy conspiracies rolling around in this man's head, and how perhaps he's not quite as crazy as he appears

A boy chosen to defend humanity from monsters is broken by the fighting and the callousness of those he protects.
>Genre:
Urban Fantasy.
>Network:
Adult Swim.
>Demographic:
Late teens to twenties.
Serialized.
>Run time:
22 minutes.
>In depth explanation:
Posted this before.

Kid is chosen to be the protector of humanity. A loner and socially awkward the knock down dragged out brawls he gets into because he's outgunned and outnumbered gradually wear down on him and two idiots doing stupid shit make him decide to stop trying to be a hero and try to escape.

This isn't a revenge or rampage story. When he breaks he doesn't suddenly go crazy and kill everyone. He just stops being heroic and instead gets self centered and self interested goals. Even when he actively starts fighting against what you would call good guys and heroes he's explicitly just trying to carve out somewhere safe for himself where he can rid himself of his sadly innate powers and get away from the just insane web of grudges and revenge killings that erupted from the fight against evil he was thrown into without being asked.

He is explicitly not supposed to be a psychopath or angry. Just tired and honestly kind of scared but when pushed dangerous.

Lots of action some navel gazing about the nature of the way violence doesn't really end. Shit like that.

how about something about a family akin to the story of Kyousougiga but its westernized?

Oh I almost forgot, jews in Hollywood wont let that happen

So the obvious critique to this is why don't they leave him alone if he doesn't want trabble.

You can't endlessly throw a problem at someone because people will ask why the fuck people would bother past a certain point.

>Network: Adult Swim
>Run time: 22 mins

REJECTED

Escalation.

On the monsters side it's not a simple matter of defeating a singular threat and that suddenly making everyone stop and run off. Get rid of one threat and maybe the guy who takes his place will not attack but their situation is martial by nature and violent and power comes with killing someone who carries a reputation. Someone will always try and and that always sets off another blood feud.

For the heroes. He's dangerous and always seems to be in the middle of a major issue or conflict. So they get involved to try to resolve or take him in.

He's stuck in a never ending cycle of bullshit basically.

Resources:
>Writing and Pitching
Animation Writing and Development: From Script Development to Pitch by Jean Ann Wright
files.animation.ir/video/Animation_Writing_and_Develop.pdf
Disney character designer article on pitfalls of animation pitches
chrisoatley.com/animation-pitch-pitfalls
Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screen writing by Robert Mckee
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Podcast and Videos
Starz Animation Vice President (former senior director of development, original series at Cartoon Network) On Creating a Pitch Bible
vimeo.com/20355714
A podcast featuring a character designer from Disney on creating an animation pitch
media.blubrry.com/chrisoatley/artcast.s3.amazonaws.com/PWP02_WinningPitch.mp3

>Show Bibles
Batman The Animated Series
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/writersguide.pdf
The Gargoyles
angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm

>Pitch Bibles
Bravest Warriors
scribd.com/document/118981476/Bravest-Warriors-Pitch-Bible
Adventure Time
scribd.com/document/3122798/Adventure-Time-series-presentation
Rocket Dog
scribd.com/document/283123939/Rocket-Dog-Pitch

A young Amish man is sent out into the modern world to learn its many secrets
>Genre:
Comedy
>Network:
Cartoon Network
>Demographic:
Kids to Adults
Episodic
>Run time:
12 minutes per episode
>In depth explanation:

Amish man is exiled from Amish Paradise after being caught indulging in fast food. To earn his way back in, the Amish High Council gives him the task of traveling around the country to assess the state of modern life and technology, seeing what could be of value to the High Council in their long war against the Mennonite scum. Shenanigans ensue. Each episode ends with a brief 'letter' back to the high council explaining something the young man learned that episode, but always revealing to the viewer that he completely missed the point

I posted my idea last thread, but I've added to it since. Will people get mad if I post it again?

An animated opera featuring the music of Flying Lotus.
The world in question are different societies that worship Cybernetic Gods based off of different Mythologies.
The Protagonist is the latest "sacrifice" in the Aztec based society which essentially just Huitzilopochtli changing vessels every generation. From there he ascends to the realm of his gods which is a satellite orbiting the Earth.
A god outscast from his pantheon threatens his society with his growing violent cult on Earth.
He can't get any help from his fellow Gods for whatever reason, he has to travel the Earth to different societies and learn how the other pantheons do things in hopes of finding a solution.

As long as you have some kind of progress I can't see why it would be a problem. If it's the exact same as last time though it's a waste of everyone's time.

Okay. I've posted it a few times before. Nobody's really gotten mad but I just felt like checking first

>Elevator pitch:
A former soldier must raise and protect the last uninfected child from a society of mutant vampires.
>Genre:
Action, horror, sci-fi,
>Network:
Adult Swim or some streaming service
>Demographic:
15-30
>Format:
Serialised
>Run time:
22 minutes
>In depth explanation:
In the near future, an unknown biological agent, presumably an experimental bio-weapon, is unleashed on the public. 60% of those infected die whilst the remaining 40% undergo intense physical mutation, gaining increased regenerative properties and strength but at the cost of needing to consume blood to survive and a weakness towards UV light. The process is also naturally traumatic and any person undergoing an intense emotional hangup at the time of transformation has those feelings amplified ie. You end up having a bunch of really fucking angry vampires running around.

What's left of society is overthrown and attacked by cohorts of vampire terrorist cells who infect and kill scores of the remaining population for about half a decade, before collapsing in on themselves and separating. It's now been 18 months since then and we follow the main character, a former soldier and presumably one of the only people in the world who possesses an immunity to the agent. She's barricaded her home and spends her nights repelling attacks by the local group of mutants lead by her former best friend.

However, one day she finds a lost boy, only eight years old, who possesses the same immunity she does, and is being pursued by the Vampire's leader as a result. She must now dedicate herself to not only protecting herself and her home from the invaders, but also make sure that the child is protected and well looked after as well. Along the way, she develops a maternal bond to the young boy and attempts to become an appropriate mother figure to him which will hopefully put to rest her past trauma which continues to hold her back.

I Am Legend.

>animated opera

it's certainly an interesting concept but gonna be a hard fucking sell

so is the protagonist supposed to be the new hummingbird of the west god?

the concept of these gods is also kind of nebulous. Are they actual gods, just super high level cyborgs, or what? How many are there?

What's this character and whi was he before the series? What is this world like?

>for whatever reason

death of a good plot in a few words. Get something concrete down

there's uh, a lot of things here. I'm not so sure secret war between the amish and other churches will fly, for starters

Sounds like something that would work best as a short web series, since I don't know how far you can get before this becomes repetitive

bitchmoaning is bitchmoaning, nothing to say here

Last few years haven't made this place kind to downer reversals of traditional heroism.

What is this guy's power? Aside from some sense of pity, what's in this guy's personality that compels us to watch this sad state of affairs for however many episodes? Even moreso when the show is moralizing about violence, which is another common turnoff?

You'll need a really good character and REALLY good writing to have people stick around for a whole episode of nonsense antics

The animated bit at the end sounds kind of interesting but then there's the risk of those becoming more interesting than the regular part of the episode which may then beg the question of why the show doesn't just stick to these sections and cut out 3/4ths of the rest

Lore generally needs payoff, and the payoff usually requires that the character(s) are actively caught up in it, but not fully understanding of it

What I mean to say is a big reveal that you craftily hid hints of in the past doesn't have a lot of impact if it just turns out that the crazy sounding things the crazy guy said turn out to be true. Not sure I'm explaining my feels here right

Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling
static1.squarespace.com/static/52675998e4b07faca3f636a5/t/527f0a75e4b012bf9e7361c5/1384057461885/Pixar22RulesAnalyzed_Bugaj.pdf

Invisible Ink: The under-structure of story
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/16su/resources/invisible_ink_pages_0901.pdf

Character Design Forge (makes good videos on storytelling and writing)
youtube.com/channel/UCJklo0Zl5tLV9kkk_Jd81EA

It's one of the big inspirations for the show, but I wanted to expand more upon the dynamic between the main character and the villain, which I felt was underdeveloped, which one could expect with it being a singular book entry and everything. Also, whereas IAL focused more on the mythic representation of Robert, I wanted this series to more about the main character developing a fondness towards the boy in an apocalyptic-scenario. The vampires are just there because I think they're a cool concept and I'm sick of zombies.

>I'm not so sure secret war between the amish and other churches will fly, for starters

thats just a background gag

Well, I usually like a good daughteru character

So this old guy is thousands of years old? Why is he still alive at this point? Why is Earth all fucked and what part do the ayy lmaos play in the present story?

Overall I think this one is pretty good, I'd just like to know/see more

Music being magic is an interesting hook, but I'm a little confused

You say the world is super industrialized, but apparently there's significant amounts of forest and wildnerness? What's the source of all this machinery?

As was said, two young chilluns with absent parents meeting an eccentric genius is pretty common, and the brother sister personalities are close to played out

But again, magic music is kinda neat and I'd like to see how a world always in the overcast looks and functions

Some of your ideas do need work, but I think you've got a start

Yeah, it's pretty much I Am Legend

So this kid is immune, what is the significance of that? Is there anyone able or trying to make a cure? Otherwise, why bother chasing the kid

Then why have them at all? You're occupying an awkward place between IAL and The last of us. It would be harder indeed, but if you're capable of making vampires stand out, could there be a way of working out an interesting world and antagonistic force that's fresher as well?

I've posted this idea before, but I haven't tried that format yet, so I'll give it a go.

>Elevator pitch: A grumpy. barbaric giant is cursed into a tiny dwarf, and becomes a wizard trying to undo it
>Genre: Comedic fantasy
>Network: Maybe Cartoon Network or Netflix
>Demographic: Preteens/Early teens
>Format: episodic with some continuity
>Run time: not sure if it should be 11 or 22 minutes.
>In depth explanation:

>What is this guy's power?
Enchanced durability. Some slight strength. Its explicitly underwhelming.
>Aside from some sense of pity, what's in this guy's personality that compels us to watch this sad state of affairs for however many episodes? Even moreso when the show is moralizing about violence, which is another common turnoff?
Well for one thing it's not moralizing. It's not a matter of right or wrong that is talked about or if the people doing it are evil or good because coming down on one side of it or the other is always going to be something that can be argued about and honestly it can be good or bad depending on circumstance.

It's that for the main character it is self breeding. The main character doesn't want to escape because he feels like he's a bad person or violence is such an evil thing. It's that he wins at great cost to his mental health, everyday life and it never ends. He puts an "evil" down and someone else moves in and takes it's place or has a loved one who decides to seek revenge. He fights against the good guys and all he's doing is that. Fighting against well meaning people who are threatening his freedom but whom are utlimately still the good guys.

Everyone involved is stuck in a tar loop of that. Knock down one big bad and fight the next. Try to make a power grab and become something bigger and greater.

He just wants to get the fuck out.

>You say the world is super industrialized, but apparently there's significant amounts of forest and wildnerness? What's the source of all this machinery?
Well to be honest I haven’t really thought about it enough, that’s what I should think about
>I'd like to see how a world always in the overcast looks and functions
I’m glad you’re interested, that’s one thing some episodes would explore into. I have some ideas, but I still want to flesh that out
>Some of your ideas do need work, but I think you've got a start
Thanks I’ll get right into it

Vampire dickhead here. For the issues you've brought up, I'll spoiler these because this might end up being a series one day, but basically:

>The boy's parent were scientists working on a way to improve the vampire condition. The number of vampires outnumbers the humans, so they developed an immunity for their son as well as a slight mutation that will allow him to impregnate vampires once he hits puberty.
>Their research also involved bio-engineering specific organs to be implanted into vampires that would allow them to reproduce amongst themselves
>Hoped this would bridge the gap between the two societies
>The series big bad is the scientist that originally released the agent upon the world in order to fulfill his own fantasy of creating his own perfect humans. He sees the current mutants as incredible, but highly flawed. He ordered his elite troops to sack the boy's home and take his parent's research for he believes that will provide him with the knowledge to improve his creations.
>The house didn't have all the research, which is actually in a secret bunker, which becomes a series goal later on.
>The rival's group of vampires are completely unrelated to the big bad's, and instead want the boy because the rival wants to raise him as his own son.
>His transformation he blames on the main character, and following his traumatic change, he killed his own son, which he also blames on the MC. He basically doesn't trust her with the boy.
>The vampires that the MC faces essentially have the theme of "neighbors gone mad" in that they wield modified garden equipment, dress in tattered suburban clothes and hold petty grudges on her when they were still human.
>Other vampire groups in the city have their own culture and ideals, with a loosely connected Gothic aesthetic.
>Main Character's immunity is pure genetic luck. She doesn't possess the same reproductive possibilities as the boy.

Hopefully that's better explains what I want from this.

Not that guy/
You are still not really selling this idea as being this thing that can be held on it's own merit especilly when so much of it can be seen as whole sale lifted from I Am Legend.

You're clearly intending for this to be an adventure rather than the pessimistic twist on monster and human but it's still kind of bogged in on itself. Especially since you're going to pit these two characters against the secret guy behind everything.

here's some stuff I made up in a dream

Stand!
>elevator pitch: a bald black guy in glasses and a leather jacket tries to find the meaning of life in a future where immortality has been perfected and you just wake up in the local drunk tank a few minutes after you die, set to the music of Sly and the Family Stone
>genre: cyberpunk musical
>Network: netflix
>Demographic: 18-35
>Format: Serialised
>Runtime: hour per episode
>in depth explanation: dunno, never gave it much more thought after the dream ended.

The Earl of Croydon
>Elevator Pitch: local dumbass gets made nobility as part of a cruel joke by the Queen of England.
>Genre: Comedy
>Network: CBBC
>Demographic: Children/young teenagers
>Format: Episodic
>Runtime: 20-30 minutes
>In-depth explanation: Man lives on a council house, plays the bucket-of-water-on-the-door prank on the queen as she's coming around for a publicity visit for charity or somesuch. He thinks he's in deep shit but it turns out the queen enjoys a good prank herself and customarily gives anyone who can successfully prank her a position in English nobility. This man suddenly finds himself The Earl of Croydon and the rest of English high society has to put up with his shenanigans.

I suppose more than moralizing I meant to say it might actually get a little depressing for some

>He just wants to get the fuck out.

what's stopping him? was he press ganged in by the hero organizations, since he was a loner from the start I wonder why he joined up in the first place

My idea from the last thread, new question though

Do you guys think a story about kids/teens fighting incredibly dangerous monsters and evil villains is pushing it for American media?

>death of a good plot in a few words. Get something concrete down
Yeah the idea is pretty flimsy since it mostly just stems from me coming up with the idea while listening to Physics for Everyone too much. I guess I'm just trying to force the travel the world angle.
>Concept of these Gods is kind of Nebulous
I think I kind of would like for that to be the point. There wouldn't really be an answer to the clash of cybernetic and mythological shit, it would just be, even the humans are a combination of cybernetic and primitive societies.
So far the idea I'm running with is the protagonist was groomed to be the sacrifice, he's very honored by his position, when he actually becomes a God it would become a story of reconciling his humanity with his newfound godhood.
So far the only other important Gods in his pantheon are Coatlicue and Mictlantecuhtli, though Mictlantecuhtli could change because I want to research more and don't want to fall into the meme of creepy death god MUST be the bad guy but so far he's actually lining up very well with the idea of the villain being a living corpse covered in pitch black blood.
The Gods of other pantheons need to be researched too, I don't even have a specific god for Africa, just the idea that they live among their worshipers whom they've assimilated into a hivemind and see through their eyes.

There was never any joining up.

This is not a kid joins an organization after getting powers. This is old school kid gets powers upon being attacked and now has to fight against them because he's the chosen one and therefore the first slated to go in the plan to get things going for demonkind. He was a press ganged by destiny.

There are no other heroes until he fucks up and tries to cut and run.

define incredibly dangerous

we have kids fighting shit shows out the goddamn ass

if you're wanting them all to get fucked on like in an anime, then yeah you're gonna have trouble

Can I ask you to elaborate? I'm kinda getting where you're coming from with this but I also don't seem to recognise where I can change for it to "be held on it's own merit." Should the vampires be changed to something else entirely? I want to keep the cognitive and decision making skills they have whilst having them still be hate-driven and destructive towards humans.

I'm still glad I'm getting feedback from this though, I appreciate you putting time into looking into my work.

>where I can change for it to "be held on it's own merit."
Honestly it's just the fact that the way it starts is that she's barricaded herself in a home and fighting against her former neighbors with suddenly a person entering her life.

Yes she doesn't stay there and yes, the kid is actually just a kid and not secretly a spy but that is so iconic to the story that having it be such a major part does you a disservice.

Honestly you could keep everything about the premise, just change the way it starts. I mean do they have the traditional vampiric weaknesses?

Probably not going to help my case in saying that they don't like garlic. But apart from that and the sun, they're the only two specific deterrents they have. You don't need to stake them in the heart to kill them, just cause enough trauma to their body that their regeneration wouldn't be able to cover and they die of shock. If they stay in the sun they burn, if they touch garlic their skin reacts volatiley and scars, etc. They can still see their reflection and their not obligated to count spilled salt or anything, but what you'd expect to deter a vampire works on them.

I might take your advice to heart about changing the way the show starts though, can't say I have anything prepared at the moment, but I'll think of something. I'm glad you and the other user provided some critique, I think it'll shape the idea for the better.

Yeah, from like 10 years ago, things change man, people today think SU and AT are dark. But I mean I'm not going to do anything outrageous, but I mean, one of the main characters is kind of an abuse victim, though that's easy to imply rather than state directly, a few bad guys a good majority of them adults or monsters like dragons, skeletons who have very obvious intent on killing people, have openly killed and kidnapped people in the past, and burn and destroy cities filled with people, stuff like that. I think a lot of the violence can be downplayed or shown through magic so there doesn't have to be blood shown.
But creating the threat of death in a situation where you can never really show it is kind of hard, especially when it comes to finishing off baddies, some I'm kind of wondering do you guys thinking pushing farther than that would be too off. I think it's already toned down quite a bit but rating guidelines are a fucking hellhole of subjectivity and I want this to be PG.

Do they have to sleep during the day?

I enjoy the music of Sly and the Family Stone and after being disappointed by Netflix's Altered Carbon I could use a very different take on immortality in a cyberpunk world. If you could think of more I'd love to hear it.

This was in the last thread but I wanted to add that the script and a lot of visualization is already done.

>Working title:
Topside
A maintenance worker who lives & works inside an artificial planet must venture to the surface for the first time in her life.
>Genre:
Science-Fantasy
>Network:
Cartoon Network or Netflix
>Demographic:
9-14
Miniseries
>Run time:
Twelve 11 minute eps or six 22 minute eps
>In depth explanation:
In the very distant future there's an artificial planet that's long past its prime. The MC is just one of many people who live inside of the planet that are tasked with keeping it from failing. After accidentally damaging an essential power relay she goes on a journey to acquire the parts to repair it before the bureaucracy that allocates all resources punishes both her and her family. Her search leads to her being trapped on the surface and having to team up with a con artist, her shapeshifting surrogate son, and a married team of bounty hunters while being pursued by a pencil-pusher pressured into leading a task force to ensure she returns to the interior of the planet.

No, but some do. Mostly they just hide in buildings or in alleyways during the day talking or waiting for an animal to walk past. It's why the MC doesn't want to go into the city, because the large buildings and higher population density would mean she's more likely to run into a bunch of them under the shadow of a building, or have them rush out of a car park or something.

So what's to stop them from just erecting shelter on her front lawn and around her house and sleeping in shifts?

Sure she could shoot them, sure she could lay traps but if they're as intelligent as you're painting them, barricading yourself in a house is basically foolhardy as hell.

I might suggest changing the starting point, since I think people will likely conflate it with the water chip macguffin from Fallout

Sorry if I post this too often in these threads, but I do try to add to it each time and I am still working on it. I like discussing my ideas, so I'd be happy to answer any questions anybody might have. People seem to like it, from what I've seen.

Elevator pitch: A hillbilly witch goes on folksy adventures with supernatural elements.
>Genre: Comedic Fantasy
>Network: Not sure. Nickelodeon, maybe
>Demographic: 10-12
>Format: episodic
>Run time: 11 minutes
>In depth explanation:

A cartoon set in the Deep south during the Great Depression, starring a little hillbilly girl going on folksy adventures. She's also a witch, with her wand being a piece of straw in her mouth and her familiar being a pig. The show would have quite a bit of slapstick, as the girl tends to accidentally injure herself while casting spells. Rather than a traditional witch's cauldron, she has a clunky old distillery (sort of like the kind moonshine's made with), that she tries to brew potions with, but it often ends up blowing up in her face.I was thinking her name would be Daisy.

She lives alone, except for her pig, in a cluttered old run-down hut full of stuff she found. The hut's on the outskirts of a dingy old bayou town inhabited by bumpkins.

The main villains would be a trio of rowdy (but smarter than they look) redneck musicians in a bluegrass band. They're warlocks with enchanted instruments, casting spells based on the songs played on them. Some of the other recurring villains would include an irate Canadian sailor who somehow sailed into the bayou by accident and has no idea how to get out, and a witch doctor who acts like a mad scientist, performing curses on people as experiments.

The show would have a sort of Southern Gothic tone to it, though still light-hearted. Some of the supernatural events would be based on Southern folklore.

I'd like to hear more. I've never played Fallout so I'm not aware of that plot point. I could potentially change things for a later draft.

Well she's burned down the houses next to her and has erected several UV lights around her own house to stop them from getting too close, because a couple of them do have firearms. Not sniper rifles or assault weapons, pistols, but they're still deadly if they manage to get close enough to aim.

The vampires are at a disadvantage because she can scrounge around at daytime undisturbed, raiding military checkpoints and what have you, but the conflict comes if she forgets to turn on the lights, or doesn't make it back home before dark. That's when shit get's real.

Okay you're going to run into an issue here where, eventually, the amount of defenses she has so that these intelligent creatures who are physically superior to her are unable to get her is going be ridiculous or have a glaring hole.

Again while they can't get close to the home, they can still set up little shelters some distance away, sleep in shifts and open fire with what guns they can find or radio each other to keep track of her, or try to trash the lights from a distance.

Them being intelligent makes the home barricade difficult.

Exactly, she;s managed to survive this long (18 months give or take, I might change that later on) because she's been methodical in planning her defences. But that's by herself. Once she gets the boy, she has to focus on him now as well. She doesn't see this as a problem of course, but accommodating a child starts to take it's toll. She doesn't sprinkle garlic around the cords leading to the lights, she doesn't check up on her car, she forgets to lock the door.

Soon, she discovers her fuel gauge is broken and she runs out of fuel while out scavenging. She gets back to the house by nightfall, but the vampires have disabled the lights by cutting their cords. The rival has the child and sicks his goons on her.

So the house defence (theoretically) works because that's all she has to focus on. The boy diverts her attention, leading to a fatal flaw in her system.

Do any of these sound like they could be actual cartoons?

>Exactly, she;s managed to survive this long (18 months give or take, I might change that later on) because she's been methodical in planning her defences
What defense does she have for someone getting a bunch of molotovs and tossing them at her home?

Or getting in a car and driving it straight at her with explosives in it, or covering themselves head to toe in clothing or blankets and running like a mad man.

You have the issue of intelligent forces with abilities beyond that of men who are not doing anything else but thinking of how to get to her.

>Elevator pitch: A man interns for a scientist who explores dreams for a living, where the action is always alive even when you're sleeping.
>Genre: Action/Monster-of-the-Week
>Network:CN
>Demographic: 12-18
>Format: episodic
>Run time: 11 minutes
>In depth explanation:

A young man coming from university learns of the field of Dreamology. He talks to his favorite professor about the class. The professor tell him about a scientists on a far off-land who specializes in it. The farland is much different from the "mainland", different kinds of people (mostly animal-like but all humanoid). He comes to visit the scientist (who also has a robot assistant to cater to his needs and provide plot-armor/pulls). The scientist lives in a small house, but has a medium sized basement where all the machinery for dream surfing is. In the house there is also a girl (the scientist is in no relation but love interests spark for plots).

Every episode is just another dream, or occasionally an episode taken in the lives outside of the lab. It would just be your daily MOTW show, but endless potential for possible fanservicing due to the nature.

>Nobody's reviewing the idea above them

Yeah because I'm asking questions about the idea that interest me.

sounds like invader zim

Somebody already reviewed it, and I felt my thoughts would've just been redundant.
Well, I guess I can review this one. I think this could be interesting, providing you don't take MOTW too literally. Dreams can be a fun thing to write/read about if done right. Would they be dreams of different characters in each episode?

>or covering themselves head to toe in clothing or blankets and running like a mad man

Alright, I'm using this now. that's funny. But in all seriousness, you make some good points. But just because she has defences, doesn't mean that the vampires don't try to attack her. Stuff like the cars she assumed so she drains most of them of fuel and/or flattens their tires. There's also road spikes sprinkled with garlic she puts near her house just in case. But stuff like the Molotov or the dickhead in a blanket do happen. She's an experienced soldier so she knows how to use a gun, and skirmishes do happen between her and the vampires. She isn't held up in her house constantly either. She sometimes pends days hunting down vampires and killing them during the day. It's happens often enough that a routine sets in, scavenge, kill, repair, bunker down, scavenge, kill, repair, bunker down. But when that routine is interrupted, she can't bolster the defences enough, she spends less time scavenging and that affects her negatively.

Most likely to have a lot of one-off characters in dreamworld for different dreams. (though if liked I'm sure theres a way to plug in like a phone where the scientist can hang out with them in other dreams)

Other characters in the real world would reoccur, especially if its an episode where someone can't sleep right because of a nightmare or something.

Okay, sounds like a good idea to me. I recommend you keep working on it.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of my idea? It's the witch one.

user here with the thousand year old man and Daughteru

The Old Man is still alive because he's mixed race (The Ayy Lmaos + Human = Him). The idea I have is that the aliens have the potential to basically live forever. They don't age past a cretin point and things like someones health getting worse as they get older, not being able to move as much doesn't happen to the aliens.

They can still get disease and die, or just get killed outright though. Because the man is mixed race he gets both sides of the coin. His health is finally failing after being alive for so long. Its hard to say when he will die but he his life is still ticking down, but he has time.

Alot of Earth is fucked because the war left scars on Earth. Civilization has struggled, some went tribal, others went back to empires, while some are still trying they're hands with governments of old, like republics and what not.

A good chunk of earth is screwed and can't be the same way is because alot of resources were lost in the war, areas became filled with overgrowth of wild plants and new animals from the aliens world that they dumped on Earth. And some lost all ability to have anything grown in a cretin place, think something along the lines of putting salt in soil.

The aliens are still there because they were loyal to Earth. The Girl would at one point be friends with a Alien kid thats about as old as her, but both of them don't know alot about the Alien culture that much, so they'd have to go and learn about it through the other Alien people that live in the town that were born on their Homeworld. There isn't alot of those around anymore though.

The Aliens built the town alongside the humans, so they do serve a role in the story with who the characters would interact with. Plus not every Human on Earth likes aliens and blames them for what they did to the planet and want them all dead.

To impress his crush, a boy looks into a virtual theft that occurred in a game she plays, only to come into real conflict with desperate men.
>Genre:
Science fiction, noir
>Network:
Probably an adult one, which pretty much consists of only two .
>Demographic:
Teens to adults.
Heavily serialized.
>Run time:
22 minutes
>In depth explanation:
I've been posting about this a lot. It is now being written in the freeware program page to stage.

I'm mostly just looking for resources. This had some good stuff especially the animation writing and Robert McKee book. Both are long and I will get through them but anything else more related to the actual writing process would be cool as well.

Does she have a specific reason for staying at the house? Because and this is where all the questions are leading, wouldn't it be smarter to just bug the fuck out?

Because if she spends days out hunting them, and she's experienced enough that she's formidable, staying in an untenable position is not wise, especially when nearby is someone who holds a grudge against you.

Yes a home barricaded and protected is a formidable shelter, but if she's really this experienced soldier, maintaining it, while a villain purposefully is targeting you is not the smartest idea.

Our boy Robert in I Am Legend was forced to stay home because he was a simple factory worker. Not an experienced marksman or killer.

Have you read up on military stuff in the process of making this?

If villains are to be involved, I imagine their relationship with the girl to be more playful (atleast in her perspective), aswell as having something for them to go after (maybe she rummaged something of their junk or want some kind of potion, or to eat the pig?) Perhaps she can go out to the big city sometimes for supplies? I'll have to read up on Southern Folklore but I imagine theres a lot of episodes to be had there.

And, for a little girl protag, I'd becareful. Pic related.

Scott Pilgrim the VR Experience?

Title: WAY BACK HOME

Average kids lost in space must find the way back to Earth on their own.
>Genre:
Adventure
>Network:
TV channels or internet
>Demographic:
Children and preteens (8-14)
Serialized
>Run time:
20 minutes (can be shortened if cut in halves)
>In depth explanation:
Two human children abducted by aliens must try getting back to Earth with no other help than their own skills. Except that they have no skills, they don't know where they are, they don't know where Earth is and they don't speak the language.
Author rights are already registered since 2015. I am trying my best to make this cartoon a real thing. Maybe you will see it on TV some day. Currently I'm trying to enter Les Gobelins.

Pastebin (English):
>pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
Pitch bible (French):
>docdroid.net/aWdaibc/prebible-internet.pdf
Pitch bible (English but older):
>docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf

Bonus
360°, work in progress:
>kuula.co/post/7lnSq
Main theme
>vocaroo.com/i/s0bL4DzEs4SZ
Lyrics (French, English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian)
>vocaroo.com/i/s0D2QK9cabWw

>Scott Pilgrim the VR Experience?
Not even remotely close but real out there guess.

Well I think why they're after her would depend on the episode. The girl would act pretty casual and friendly towards them whenever they're not actively opposing each other over something.

As for the other point, I think one thing to keep in mind of while making a little girl protagonist, at least the kind I have in mind, is to make her cheerful and a bit eccentric without making her obnoxiously quirky and oblivious.

Well Southern I'd imagine to be like a young gun-trotter protectin her stuff, atleast when she gets serious. Maybe she can summon spells by spitting them (like spitting tobacco)? Very sterotypical I know but might work well with a carefree style. Would there happen to be any existing cartoon characters close to your vision of personality?

She lives in the western suburbs of a big city. I mentioned she doesn't want to go there because the risk of being attacked is even higher there. But she can't just leave either because (I'm not sure if this is different where you come from by from where I'm from) many of the other cities and townships are hours away. She barely scrapes by with fuel as is, so she won't nearly have enough to make the road trip, and even if she does, there a loads of abandoned checkpoints and pile-ups she'll have to get around.

Plus, she's a fairly damaged person. She's alcoholic, and has immense guilt over a lot of the shit she did as a soldier, along with personally feeling responsible for the events that led to her friend being transformed. She's kind of depressed and being locked into a cycle of survival has kind of numbed the idea of trying to escape anyway.

Since last time I've got a lot of feedback asking to improve the main characters so I've started rewritting the characterization.

>JULES JANTEL
As many boys his age, Jules is passionate about science, adventure and all kinds of discoveries. His most cherished dream would be to become a renowned explorer, but for now he has explored nothing more than his couch. Where he can spend whole days watching documentaries.
Make no mistake, Jules is not a "geek" character. No calculator in hand or thick glasses so. He is an ordinary child, more dreamer than he would like to admit.
Jules sees himself as a serious and reasonable person. "Serious" is also his favorite expression. He likes to imitate adults and looks for their company thinking that will make him more mature. Which gives him a scornful and authoritarian attitude of which he is not always aware.
More than anything, Jules hates being treated like a child and throw tantrums if nobody notices him. Which makes him look even more childish. A vicious circle then.
A fair reward since Jules himself does not pay attention to others. He is a selfish boy who don’t take the advice from others and never listens to what is said to him. He is irresponsible because he cannot understand people.
Despite his puny look, Jules loves sports, as long it is on TV. As for the rest, moving a single finger is out of the question. He is afraid when he feels vulnerable or facing a dead end, he believes in luck and bad luck. He hides himself to watch cartoons or to eat sweets for fear of looking ridiculous.
His knowledge of things is theoretical, which is normal since he learnt everything from books without rubbing into life.
He wishes above all to be respected but will only get respect by learning the sense of responsibilities.
In the immediate future Jules wants only one thing: Growing up as fast as possible to leave his family. The upcoming adventure will fulfill his desires beyond all expectations.

>JULIE JANTEL
Julie also is an ordinary child. Like girls her age, she likes to spend good time with her friends, gossip and follow the trend.
She has no ideas for her future, however. All of this is far for now, better to enjoy her childhood without thinking of tomorrow.
Julie likes to be a child and that's the problem, she doesn’t want to grow up. The adult world scares her, she can’t stand reality, so she shelter in magic novels, stories and fashions. Better dream not to see: Such is her strategy.
She is not blind so far, she knows that her parents may divorce, she knows she may not see her grandparents, her family, or the Jantel estate again. Which hurts her since she likes all of that. It is precisely to escape this observation that Julie flees the real world. Behind her smiles she is deeply depressed.
Julie sees herself as a nice and friendly person, or at least she would like to be. She pretends to worry about others and to take interest in them out of fear that she will be found selfish (but deep down she is as unsociable as her brother). This character she makes up doesn’t fool anyone around her. As a result, Julie looks above all as a hypocrite and her tendency to manipulate people does not makes things better for her image.
Julie is as lazy as her brother. She spends as much time in front of the TV except that in addition she stuff herself with junk food. Which makes her rather chubby, probably another cause for her depression. And what better way to compensate than to eat even more ...Better not to notice her weight to prevent any drama.
Julie is afraid to become alone one day, to not be loved or to be trash-talked behind her back. She believes in ghosts. Since she was a toddler, she is convinced of having channeled her ancestors in Château-l'étoile. Maybe she is right.
(cont.)

A few, but not one specific one I can think of. She'd be cheerful and upbeat, as well as curious, always trying to discover new spells and potions, and usually testing them on herself. She wouldn't be the sharpest bulb on the tree. She'd also have a bit of a greedy and gluttonous side, easily tempted by shiny things or food (as money and food was generally scarce back in the great depression).

I haven't gotten it entirely figured out, but I have a pretty good idea.

The reason the player in one of the games leaves the underground vault their community lives in is to retrieve a spare component critical to their water supply

I'd recommend reading up on military and soldiering because the issues you're presenting have solutions and this cycle of survival you have her in, doesn't actually come off as an actual trauma because in it is a mix of minute to minute highly intensive planning, but carelessness that logically would lead to these being, with power, intelligence and grudges to move on her.

(cont.)
Above all, Julie seeks love in the broadest sense. She wants to be loved and happy at all costs. But just as there is no respect without responsibility, she will learn that there is no love without being earnest, nor happiness without misfortunes.
Meanwhile, Julie dreams of a different life in a world other than hers. Another wish fulfilled by the adventure that she and her brother will live.

You should watch this for inspiration
>ok.ru/video/206775192147

Thanks, I will. I'm glad you took the effort to help flesh this thing out with me. I appreciate it.

You make any progress on the second season?

Oh dang. I wish I had known about that before I wrote the book. But it's something I can fix in other versions. I appreciate your feedback.

>You should watch this for inspiration
>>ok.ru/video/206775192147

Oh! What's this?