What do you think of Gene Goldstein's new short?

What do you think of Gene Goldstein's new short?

youtube.com/watch?v=M5c56viVSbs

I love the style, the aesthetics, and the animation. The characters are also pretty likable. I know that if this gets picked up it'll either get a serious downgrade in quality or never get aired, because Nick can't take away runtime from Spongebob or TLH.

Flapjack did it better.

Pretty neat.

>The rocktopus is playing the background music
It's the little things

I agree with this.

This and Villainous have been the most refreshing pilots I've seen in a couple years from the big networks.

>this and deviant arted evil con carne are the most refreshing pilots I've seen

this thing is prety cool but Villanous writting is one of the most amateurish I have ever seen on CN.

Oh shit, well since you said so, I guess I'll change my opinion then.

Get rid of pibbles and it looks like a good show

>give character a design that makes Vicky the Viking look manly
>call it a boy

It's been ten years, I think it's fine to do something sorta like it again

Trying way too hard to be wacky in the presentation without much substance to back it up, the writing is really plain and uninspired, and I have no desire to know more about these characters or ever see them again.

So overall it feels like a perfect fit for cartoon network.

>stein

I like the trap kid.

Trap?

How new are you?

That's actually the point, apparently.

This and Girl from Dinosaur Island are my top two pilots hoping to get greenlit.

I need Pibbles lewds NOW

You think that’s bad?
Try the fucking gay-romance-bait that some people actually make as stealth tumblr episodes:

>make a feminine character
>happy it act the traditional manic pixie dream girl
>have it voiced by a female, like not even a “Timmy Turner” voice actor thing just a straight up regular girl’s voice
>have it in every way be a girl
>call it a boy because you want to go “lol they’re so gay isn’t that cute!?!?”

I’m still confused because at that point it’s CLEAR it’s not for gay viewers, but for female viewers to masturbate over, which is weird because in every way it’s female. So. Like. Confusing.

Boy this would make a great show
sorry to hear it's pitched to Nick.

Any examples?

Be honest, you'd tolerate it if he was a girl.

That applies to a lot of shows

A boy is fine too

I think it's fine as is.

Small thing, but I like how the Protectors of Panic seem to have red standardized weapons

that was fucking great

There's an incredible amount of detail in not only the scenery but the characters too. The animation style is not only unique but has incredible detail as well, such as when the characters turn, we don't just see the head suddenly jump from looking left to looking right like we do in Fairly Odd Parents. We see a full motion of animation which just goes to show how much time and effort was put into this short

So much was packed into a short 3 minutes, that I'm worried the show might seem drawn out too long if it were turned into a full 22 minutes (commercial breaks). That much time and effort going into 22 minutes will either cause a dip in the quality of animation, or a dip in story plot.

The plot was short and sweet but executed in a unique fashion that grabbed the viewer's attention due to the innumerable amount of oddities in such a classic scenario of a cat getting stuck in a tree.

I honestly don't see this show succeeding in full length episodes unless it found a studio that really had a hard on for quality and supported the creator's vision %100, and even then, the turnaround time for each episode would take a very long time

Good shit
MISSION MISSION MISSION YEAH

Full version wen?

>Good animation
>Lots of movement

IS IT SO HARD TO MAKE A REGULAR SERIES LOOK LIKE THIS?

>he doesn't tolerate cuteness regardless of gender

Really hope this gets developed further.

Yes? Animation, detailed animation, is a lot off work. Duh.

this.

That was a great short. I like how zeus is all cyborged up under his skin.

>new
Its been out for a while, OP

Reminds me of Nitrome

pebbles is a boy?

Looks like a Girl but is a boy

see

I love it but I doubt it would be able to keep up the animation of the pilot. Just look at OK KO. Does anybody think this will actually get picked up? I hope so.

Autism

>Villainous
completely overrated, on Sup Forums at least

too stressful

I can accept you to tell me I have shit taste, but I don't see how saying that Villanos writing is all over the place and mediocre is autism.

Looks amazing but since this is Sup Forums and having hope for anything is forbidden i agree with

The fact that you have to say it is autism, be cause if you weren't autistic you would have the social skills to realize nobody cares.

I'm starting to think Sup Forums was right

He deleted his original pilot storyboard wish he left it alone its was pretty good

>I can't take this traffic!
>Just a regular cat that ran away
>I got this buddy!
>We're gonna help an old lady across the street
>MISSION MISSION MISSION YEAH
Can I just say that I love Zeus Guy.
Also:
>APATHY DETECTED

FlapJack?

>Flapjack
>voiced by a female

Yeah, his voice and dialogue are meant to be cute and annoying but I don't find it all cute. I like the Cop tho.