Why is he such a god awful Barry Allen? Barry isn’t that complex of a character

Why is he such a god awful Barry Allen? Barry isn’t that complex of a character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he struggles to keep the gay in

Because he is a god awful actor/person

Because writers keep trying to make Barry into Wally because Barry is such a boring fucking character.

Someone told DC that capeshit movies need a comic relief character who delivers cringeworthy whedon-quips so they picked him.

shitty script

Mandatory video

youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk

He's a faggot in real life. Faggots are not normal so they can't act like normal people. Someone straight would have done a better job.

He would've worked better as Nightwing.

He's just not Barry Allen material.

>Sup Forums

Is he dressed like edward elric?

>gay
but user
he is transqueerfolk

Shoulda been Wally

Came here to ask this very question.

Kys

Because the script called for him to be an awkward weirdo nerd that only exists in the minds of film producers.

That's why his home is a concrete structure with a weird throne, 8 different TV's playing the same thing, and random racks and machines that serve no purpose.

Because he is a blendbof Barry and Wally. He should have been Barry West. He is a meme character that kids normies love so much nowadays. It's like Marvel's Hulk and Thor being quip memers who act nothing like their Comic counterpart.

yes

I think it's more the scripts fault than his.
>Barry's too afraid to be a hero until Batman tells him to grow a pair
>Barry couldn't get a job as a csi without help from Batman
>Every time Barry needs to leave/get hurt just so he doesn't instantly solve every problem

Wtf I hate Fullmetal Alchemist now

That's actually part of the problem. the DCEU suffers from complexity addiction.
Superman can't just be a nice personable guy, he needs to suffer tragically to get his motivation and kill to figure out he doesn't want to kill
Batman can't be a new guy, he's had to have hd half his adventures already to be old and jaded.
Wonder Woman can't be newly off the island, she has to have been around for a century just off camera for reasons.
Luthor can't just have a hate boner for Superman, he's gotta do a bunch of shit about how he was abused as a child and that means there's no god.

Barry can't just be a bland guy that runs fast, he needs to joke to hide his inner pain and turmoil.

They can't just have the somewhat flat but loved archetypes of the DC universe, they need to be REAL and DEEP and COMPLEX.

This. after seeing spiderman and being fans of the big bang theory, the clueless DC execs thought awkward nerd --> $$$. The execs are completely out of touch with the fans

Is this the one where he tries to get Gadot to spew some social justice dribble and she is clearly really uncomfortable with the whole thing. Don't really have time to watch right now.

yes

I think it was mostly the script.
Godawful person though.

> awkward weirdo nerd that only exists in the minds of film producers

No, these people 100% exist. They are the adult fans of YouTube shows/personalities. They're the ones with entire walls dedicated to Funko Pops, the ones that exclusively dress themselves in printed "nerd" T-shirts and base their entire identity on the genre films/TV they consume.

They very much exist and the merchandise they buy bankrolls these films, even if they under perform at the box office.

I thought he was cute and funny, but then again - I don't know any other Flash.

i thought that was there to imply he's impatient and has no attention span because he's fast

Why did they cast an asian guy to play barry allen

Stop trying so hard. Fucking cringe

>Barry isn’t a character

fixed

I can't imagine why Sup Forums instinctively hates Ezra Flash, it's a conundrum to be certain

So basicaly pic related?

Because he's not Grant.

>he's gotta do a bunch of shit about how he was abused as a child and that means there's no god.
He was abused, that I just not pay any attention or something?

Barry doesn't have much of a character to begin with

Why is Barry not blonde

Do you think he could have been a good Jaime Reyes?

Simple characters are pretty easy to fuck up, considering the idea that they are often perceived as boring, and hence need some type of gimmick in order to be adapted properly.

wtf I love Spiderman now

I have volume 1 and 2 of frank miller's man without fear but haven't read them

That's not really true.

It really isn't. His current characterization is that of a poorman's Wally West.

Wally isn't a spastic loser. This meme has to stop.

Because WB doesn't know what they are doing.

I feel sorry for Gadot in this video

He's an everyman known for fucking up and stealing shit from Wally

he was at a con. he wanted to cos-play.
like 85%+ of the people his age in attendance.

just own your homophobic attitudes.

>dude brunch lmao

>not knowing actual isrealis are conservative as fuck
I really hate how blood has anything to do with Judaism

That was extremely bullshit considering speedsters would love any meal at anytime of day considering their metabolism.

actually, I understand him, I fucking hate brunch too

Did he just throw a wooden stick into a concrete pillar?

>t. obsessed wallyfan

Same reason Batgod is a heifer and Arthur looks like a Mori/Samoan with henna

Then by all means, correct me. What is Barry's character?

>Faggots are not normal so they can't act like normal people
>act
that's not how you spell r-u-n, senpai.

>Because writers keep trying to make Barry into Peter Parker
FTFY

Most of you just need to own the fact that your a tiny collection of homophobes.

You likely wouldn't say this out loud at your place of work in a break room or meeting room, nor would you post it on a public twitter account or similar; maybe if you only have the two FB friends (hi Mom!) you legit can manage, would you post it to your private wall but not the same thing.

It's just embarrassing in this day and age. Complain about the writing, or something legitimate. Get over yourselves otherwise.

He wasn't cast as Barry, he was cast as the designated team quipshitter who's cute enough for teenage girls to like.

I like his enthusiasm for the role. I don't know any other actors for dc Movies that are as interested in the role as he is

He's a far left snowflake lunatic, so much so that even the Jewess is embarrassed by him

how is grant any better?

Not every gay guy acts like a cringey social justice twat.

Ezra, plz, that is a terrible wig. You can do much better.

He's not asian.

reminder that this dude is filthy frank's 1st cousin

WTF is that shirt

oh my god that was so embarrassing...

Can anyone explain what the fuck is going on with his eyebrows

>Sup Forums got mad at Gadot for this as if she wanted anything to do with it

attention whoring

how do u guys feel about the arrowverse's flash as opposed to this flash?

Bingo.

>WB Exec: "I know, let's make our movie-Barry like Sheldon from TBBT!"
>"WHAT IS BRUNCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Any word on who is playing RF yet? Rumor was the kid who played Harry in ASM2, dunno if that's true. I don't like Ezra but since they are clearly sticking with him I think he should also play RF.

>I have no argument so I will spew a paragraph's worth of carefully-worded insults
>That'll show 'em!
This post reeks of Thawne

What were they thinking ? Was their a huge budget cut or something ?

It's all an act.

>Superman can't just be a nice personable guy, he needs to suffer tragically to get his motivation and kill to figure out he doesn't want to kill
in a parallel world. You'd be calling superman out for being too perfect and kind in the movies. People still complain when they go that route
>Batman can't be a new guy, he's had to have hd half his adventures already to be old and jaded.
So many people know about batman's story that it'd be pointless to introduce him again. I mean just look at the amount of movies he has. You're telling me you want another origin story ? retard
>Wonder Woman can't be newly off the island, she has to have been around for a century just off camera for reasons.
I don't know how this change bothers you. What they did set up her movie which did well mind you
>Luthor can't just have a hate boner for Superman, he's gotta do a bunch of shit about how he was abused as a child and that means there's no god.
People in the past have called out DC on making luthor hate superman for no reason in the past. This was them trying to change that.
>Barry can't just be a bland guy that runs fast, he needs to joke to hide his inner pain and turmoil.
I'll give you this one. There's no reason to set up the flash since casuals have the T.V show.

>shadman

grant is a better flash

Kevin Bacon

>in a parallel world. You'd be calling superman out for being too perfect and kind in the movies.
In parallel world the movies would've been better received. I'm not sure why you think you have a point by positing on hypotheticals.
>So many people know about batman's story that it'd be pointless to introduce him again. I mean just look at the amount of movies he has. You're telling me you want another origin story ? retard
Where in my post did I say anything about an origin story? Do a Batman solo movie that's just not him as a 50 year old. Do Hush. Hell, do Killing Joke or Death in the Family. Just not something that makes him the team dad by virtue of being so much older than everyone else.
>I don't know how this change bothers you. What they did set up her movie which did well mind you
It's an unencessary complexity, Which was the point of the post, fanboy.
>People in the past have called out DC on making luthor hate superman for no reason in the past.
And we should be catering to idiots that don't read comics, by getting movies made by idiots that hate them.
>This was them trying to change that.
Poorly.
>I'll give you this one. There's no reason to set up the flash since casuals have the T.V show.
Again, you're missing the point spectacularly. This isn't about origin stories. It's about taking simple archetypes and adding a bunch of unnecessary trash to them. It's a complexity addiction. They overthought the DCEU in an attempt to come off as smarter than they were.
Take your head out of your ass. It'll hurt less.

no

what is cosplay

I like Bobblehead Barry, but no, he's not a better Flash.

He's not even a better Wally, which is how they wrote him at the start.

>kept wanting Cyborg to "fist bump" him
oowo

Seriously?

Well he’s mostly just in talks to play him, but yes

>Gal puts on a fake gay voice at 1:45

I am of the homo tribe. Can confirm, I am a conservative.

He's far more Bart Allen than anyone else.

Because he's a shit actor with a very awkward and disturbing personality that manages to repel every woman around him.

>everyone who hurts my feelings is a shitposter from another board
Not an argument.

>You can't catch me gay thoughts

Latest rumors point to the Bacon.

>He's not even a better Wally, which is how they wrote him at the start.

How to spot a Flash casual.

>Gal tries to avoid saying it

I think I'm in love.

His form is shit. Instead of hiring some non-athletic faggot to run why not someone who actually knows form?

This looks like some winter Olympics ice skating shit