"President Rock?" Dwayne Johnson talks a future in politics, including potential White House run

reuters.com/article/us-people-dwaynejohnson-politics-idUSKBN1392LK

>After parleying a professional wrestling career as "The Rock" into leading roles in Hollywood, Dwayne Johnson is entertaining the idea of jumping into the political ring, including perhaps even a run for the White House someday.

>Johnson, 44, who stars in the upcoming Disney animated film "Moana" as the voice of demigod Maui, told Reuters the excitement surrounding last week's presidential election had renewed public interest in him running for office.

>"I love my country, I'm extremely patriotic and I also feel, especially now, leadership is so important, great leadership is so important, respected leadership is so important," said Johnson, star of "The Fast and the Furious" franchise

>Asked specifically about a potential White House run, Johnson replied: "If I felt like I could be an effective leader for us, and surround myself with really high-quality leaders, then sure, I would."

>It is not the first time Johnson's name has been mentioned in political circles. Earlier this year, Johnson took to Instagram to thank a Washington Post journalist who said he had a "weirdly plausible path to a political career" as a mixed-race registered Republican from Florida, a swing state in the presidential election.

>While Johnson did not specify which office he might seek, when he might run or which party he would represent, he said he thought that running a business as a producer in Hollywood had given him a discipline he hoped he could apply to politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TuesauNtqTU
politico.com/story/2016/11/netanyahu-trump-israel-true-friend-231094
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All future presidents will have received a Stone Cold stunner.

Linda McMahon could be a Trump cabinet member.

Shane McMahon and Triple H could enter politics.

Would be freakin' insane if we saw The Rock, HHH, and Shane running for offices.

The Rock would be a bleeding heart leftist faggot

It is very possible he can win.
this is the future you wanted. hope you are gonna enjoy the electroyles n shit its gots what plants crave.

He's got the charisma

Can that Samoan piece of shit even vote?

stark contrast between Trump who built an empire of billions and some actor who hasn't been in a good movie since the Rundown and isn't even worth 100 million

also Trump has been involved with politics for 30+ years and been clinging glasses with the elites of this country pretty much since his young adulthood.

The Rock is nowhere near Trump's level

Isn't the rock republican?

He wouldn't be the first president to have kicked Vince McMahon's ass.
youtube.com/watch?v=TuesauNtqTU

This would be a great way to wreck libs who think the Republicans are all white supremacists.

Maybe 'The Rock' might want to be a city councillor or something first?

Every celebrity now just wants to jump in and be President. Any other job in politics is Boooring.. just beneath them

Fuck off Rock. Go make another fast furious sequel.

keep tellin your self that.
it sure was not celebrity worship, no not at all.

you people disgust the bull moose.

no, he wants to ban guns. tyrants deserve a tyrant's fate

Yes he would. Trump isn't president yet.

Why not Arnold???

arnold cant run, he's not a native american

Not born in America

He said he would have ran otherwise

Trump was in the White House in 1987 with Reagan, he's been getting ready his whole life for this

Yeah that's why trump totally won in 2000..When he wanted Oprah as his running mate.

>Trump wins
>celebrities start thinking they can into politics too

Did the US just doom itself?

BAH GAWD

And it's going to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (R) vs Kanye West (D) in 2024 after Trump's second term.

You're forgetting about Ivanka Trump, the future first woman President

raise

B-but muh 90s movie reference!

sure. why not?

>shitty Rock
>not based Vin Diesel

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a PC fag like him

I'd rather celebrities over asshole lawyers who suck off the bank.

Reagan > Obongo

probably also a manlet

Manlet detected.

OMG LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU DONALD, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Body slamming foreign heads of state
>All disagreements are settled in the ring
You think cage matches would solve territory disputes?

what do you know right before the tabloid culture took over completely.

you can not deny that the amount of celebrity gossip and worship has increased a shit ton due to the marketing efforts on social media, pushing non talented people on the screen as long as they cause drama.
even notice how he got all the screen time? all because he caused alot of drama that built alot of views(revenue).

even you fools fell for the marketing trap of celebrity worship.
your waifus
your fappenings

My only reservation. He claims to be a Republican, but most likely another center left type. Who knows though, maybe he wants to build RWDS

>President The Rock
You fuckers better start using meme magic on this. He'll go out on war zones alone and people's elbow the shit out of everyone

because he's a fucking faggot

Who cares, Teddy was a faggot

>tfw there'll never be another reagan

The title of Presidency will become a joke and eventually a cliche'.

poor huma... has to look away from the sfur

The Rock is a pussy bitch

It already has

You ready for Chris "No Qualifications" Rock 2020?

Who the fuck cares what Thailand thinks? No ones' ever heard of your country, they've only heard of thai food.

As much as I love Ivanka, I'm holding out for Trump to pass a reform barring relatives from running until some amount of time has passed to break up the Bush/Clinton dynasties and trigger all the liberals who want Michelle.

>become president
>serve 8 years
>have wife become president
>be the shadow president while she is the mouth peice for another 8 years

No.

Debates would be fantastic:

"Here, let's ask my opponent what they think about the economy."

"Well, my opinion is th-"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, NOW TAKE YOUR POLITICAL PARTY, SHINE IT UP REAL NICE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR CANDY ASS"

and then he grabs them and Rock Bottom's them off stage

>President Rock Isis has a training camp where their leaders are!
>Get the team. Tell the jabronis, it is time.
>Austin, Foley, Hogan(empowered by the Macho Man's Soul), and Flair join the Rock on Air force One
>They HALO jump in
>landing leg drops and people's elbows ass they come in
>Foley runs in to to barb wire and uses the structures as weapons
>Austin is stomping mud holes pours beer all over them after a stunner
>Hogan gets hit but each time he gets shakes it off and keeps coming, after he pointed it was all over for them. they were ripped asunder. He went to their harem after for his true conquest
>Flair chops and WOOOOOOOs echo in to the night

REMINDER:
The Rock started talking shit about all the fasdt and furious co-stars because he was butthurt over something, he ranted all over instagram about it causing a fued.

He is a huge colossal faggot

A fag has never been president

I'm a huge Arny fan but even if he could run he shouldn't because he's a conservacuck.

He's white in America :^) everybody white now

I'm an American you fucking retard. See, I actually have a career so I have the money and means to travel abroad and work wherever I want.

I will never let a island nigger run this country. Samoans, Tongans, Hawaiians, the whole Pashitific, the whole lot, etc, I absolutely and vehemently despise.
There is not another group that is so utterly unsatisfactory in achievements of intellectual, physical, or historic in nature.
These savages don't even belong in nature, for nature made them for naught.
When Captain James Cook arrived on their godforsaken islands they were running around with leaves on their crotches and coconuts on their tits. Oh wait, they still fucking are. Naturally they are losers. They arrived on their shitty little islands last out of all the human races, and were still shitting under palm trees when Kanghotep was building pyramids fo' astronomy n shieeet.
The Niggers of the slaving kingdoms of West Africa were literal kings in comparison to these haka-faggot, tattoo having, coconut wearing, rugby coons. The smallest achievements of the Chimu and Olmec civilizations dwarf the biggest historical advancement of any Island Nigger, even the stone fags from Tahitinypenis.
They make up for their lack of IQ with muscle, but even then, it serves them no good in the modern age. As Pacific dogfights were occurring over their islands, the natives were playing with sticks and beating their chests like literal apes.
Never Island Niggers, Never.

>all these Americans in here who think this is cool

God damn this board gets shittier by the day. I need to call my ISP and get my IP changed so I can go back to 8ch

Did you ever think of going into your router and changing the mac address you complete retard?

Also, agreed. This is pathetic.

please no please please please no kek can't let this happen

We would absolutely meme him in.

I can't imagine him being in any way fiscally conservative. Which is the only part of conservatism that matters

And he's guaranteed to be liberal on everything else

>going into your router

what did he mean by this?

Oh work huh
How are those 10 year olds treating you?

you type in your router address into a browser you god damned memer

For the first time, he will be able to drop a true "people's elbow"

Can anyone identify this odor

I really could not care less who said the things Trump said, as long as there was someone saying them.

It has fucking nothing to do with the fact that he's a celebrity. It could have been any one of the other GOP candidates saying the things he was saying, and as long as they made the points he made, and brought forth the charisma he brought, then I'd vote for them.

As far as Johnson, I don't think he stands a chance. I don't think he'd perform well in debates at all, I don't think he'd be taken seriously, and I especially think he'd have a hell of a time filling the shoes of Trump for the next 'celebrity President'. Unless he managed to come off as a successor to Trump's policies, and bring even more charisma (which is possible due to acting experience) I don't think he'd make it out of the early primaries.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we've also got 8 years until then, since Trump will almost certainly win in 2020 after a highly successful 4 years.

>Maliah runs for president 2028

At the very least, Trump has economic experience and has had to deal with politicians all his life as a businessman.

The Rock has even less credentials than that.

trump is an incompetent nitwit and I'm really looking forward to some incredible lulz

Looks like We got a real candy ass here

>can't outdo Arnold in Movies or Charisma
>Arnold was in real estate and construction before Hollywood
>Only thing preventing Arnold is that he's not born in the USA

yeah nah

>Samoan
>capable of being a piece of shit

Samoans are pretty awesome and conservative from my experience.

samoans are the niggers of utah

Running Michelle is such a terrible idea and a guaranteed loss for the Democrats. The stupidest move the party could make past letting Clinton run again.

So surely it's going to happen.

the rock would fucking sweep the electoral votes for simply being the rock. I'm talking a 500-0 win.

nobody beats the rock and I'm looking forward to our future celebrity president overlords. trump was just the beginning.

They should skip the manlet and go straight for Shaq 2020.

none of these meme celebrities will get past primaries, people don't want airhead pieces of shit.

Trump is a billionaire, and not because he was on The Apprentice.

there are people who non ironically believe trump won because he was "a celebrity", not because he was a billionaire businessman

arnold shwartzenegger got memed into governor of california. As a republican BTW

things could go good, but you never know when it might go wrong.

>2020 Democratic Primaries

How does she manage to look like such a cunt in every photo?

Well you are right. He's an Austrian.

No, queer, Diesel was being a bitch and the Rock called him out indirectly with the rest of the crew behind him.

t. /woo/

All he has to do is refuse to turn over his birth certificate.

>Diplomatic visit to Switzerland

FINALLY

PRESIDENT ROCK

HAS COME BACK

to Bern.

Maybe he works for Podesta, it could still be work.

You seriously overestimate our country.

"I recognize that" is a powerful and destructive thing.

any man having the discipline and dedication to build and maintain a body like his deserves nothing but respect. I support his ambitions.

>Johnson, star of "The Fast and the Furious" franchise

I take it he's in the 3 or 4 sequels I havent watched

Fair point. That was in california though. not shocking.

Yeah, if you watch any old interviews of trump before he started becoming bombastic for the attention, he is very intelligent and sage.

Reposting this. Philippines here.

If you wish to avoid becoming a banana republic like ours where almost half of the senate and congress is filled with has-been comedians, athletes, bold stars, and other known celebrities who enter politics with zero political background but still get voted in anyway should immediately do everything in your power to demonize the Trump Administration the best you could.

It's so it never happens again and you can limit your celebrity politicians to President Trump, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse Ventura, and Ronald Reagan.

>Ivanka v. Chelsea
>Kek v. Moloch rnd 2

We must be ready.

He's a closeted homosexual. He would be someones puppet.

>n no it is not a celebrity thing it is because he is a billionaire!
it is about being a reality TV star who uses Drama to draw media attention. it is a marketing scheme that has been in use for a decade now. he just took it and used it to get to be president instead of getting viewers

keep on suckin that kike tit.
oh btw one more thing.
politico.com/story/2016/11/netanyahu-trump-israel-true-friend-231094

He did a good job with California until the new guy ran
Neither was obummer

Nah, trump had a message, and gave people hope of real change.

What could Dwayne The Cock Johnson possibly offer people?
>Guys I'm a samoan! I'll be the first somoan to be president! Vote 4 me! Its MY turn!

>Dwayne Johnson is entertaining the idea of jumping into the political ring, including perhaps even a run for the White House someday.

Fuck that. It would literally be President Camacho.

>Brawndo, its what plants want

Would people vote for a President Hanks?

>Nah, trump had a message, and gave people hope of real change.

And it wasn't even original.