Shelf Thread

Found this shelf being given away so now I have a place for all my comics others than my cupboard

Also the full sized shelf

That's a pretty nice shelf, son.

Recent purchases and also just got I kill giants yesterday

And here's my shelf

Is Hero Looper good? It keeps catching my eye.

Ordered these today

Head lopper is great, the action scenes in it are badass and story is pure fun

Finally getting my shit together and posting my main comic shelf. I've really liked these shelf threads over the last few years. Lots of good recommendations.

Seconding what this user said

Shelf

Recent.

Waiting on the rest of the Boneyard series and the second Honey Lickers to come in.

Decent shelf. Lots of potential. But rotate your images before you post.

>Becky Cloonan "baseball" card
WTF. Where did you get this?

Also is Harrow Country any good?

>Where did you get this?
Not him but it's from from a recent SDCC

Thanks. Seems like a fun idea. Was it just big two writers or something?

New Flintstones is quality. Enjoy.

damn is that every rebirth run? which titles would you say are good or the best? its looks pretty sweet.
they say fables gets real bad after 11. is that why you stopped there?

Also big names from indies and outside Diamond's system.

Seeing them all together really makes me appreciate the white boarder all the rebirth books had, it looks classy

Yes. Fables ended at issue #75.

See, this is how you do marketing to get people aware of creators. I like that.

And the obligatory "Fuck Diamond."

I haven't read Heckblazer and Harley Quinn. I liked Red Hood and Super Sons Aquaman, Batgirl solo was cute but Birds of Prey was shit.

Do you like hellboy?

anyone get this? thinking about ordering it.

Those shelves held up by those metal pins covered in plastic? Those things can get very weak and break or get pushed out. I would find something stronger and actually glue in a stronger pin. A comic shelf is a lot heavier than they are meant to hold. The wood is nice and strong on those style shelves usually and yours looks pretty good, a tiny warp in it. You can either just watch it to make sure it doesn't warp more or put a block of wood in the center to prop it up so it won't warp any more.

Good find though, probably a $150-200 worth shelf there. Congrates

Just turned 21 a week ago, and ordered the Silver Age and Shadowland Daredevil Omnis, as well as Transformers vs GI Joe.

Rich Tommaso is great. Haven't read Spy Seal though.

This week. 1/2

Ordered Swamp Thing Winter online and picked up Snotgirl/Paper Girls.

Simon Hanselmann gave me one of his at a con.

First time I've ever seen a comic by Jason on Sup Forums, nice taste dude

Swamp thing, hellblazer, doom patrol...you seem like a cool guy m8, those are my favorites

How the hell do you have the money to plop down that much? Do you save up for a few months and make a big order? Never mind reading, that would take me a while at my pace (cause I download some books to read too).

I buy a few books a month, and that can get expensive if any are hardcovers or specialties instead of just TPBs

Jerusalem is normally in front of From Hell.

Vinland Saga Vol. 1 is normally after Planetes but I stuck them next to the other two I bought.

I don't normally have the books on top just stuck them on for a second to take this photo.

Got Guys for cheap online like that. Thought The Massile was a one-shot (was $3 though)

I went into the capital city a few hours away to see Phantom Thread, could have got stuff for cheaper online but the only thing I'm that annoyed at is not buying Flex online deluxe for around the same price since it seems like a weak trade paper wise.

Didn't buy anything for a while outside of two or so floppy since December when I bought Fourth World by Kirby for cheap (which still hasn't came) outside of Books of Magic which I got for $50 or so off.

Being retarded is how I got so much money, thought of doing graphic design this year but I'm not sure if I should. Just been doing my eh day program while getting worse with my gender dysphoria.

Outside of these I own a few dupes in a box,some cheap manga random number and a Krazy Kat volume I got used which I seemed to have not taken a photo of despite sticking it on my shelf for this thread instead of just being at the top.

How do I go about collecting Astro City in HC?

>multiple shelves with pure Sup Forums content
What's with this shelf thread?

>3 shelves posted with The Frank Book
This thread gives me hope for Sup Forums

Conclusion: this shelf thread is giving me whiplash.

Creator's give them out themselves? Like a business card?

Umm... be prepared to spend money on the older ones like Tarnished Angel, I guess.

I'm hoping the rerelease the older ones since they will be switching to GN format anyway.

Manga and stuff is still "comics" in my eyes and if you mean the Frank Book next to the manga I am the same person who had it Fell off where I had it so I stuck it in front of Black Hole, sorry if confused.

Fuck that.
>Girlfriend bought me New Frontier Deluxe Edition a week before Cooke passed away
>It's not £85 minimum, before shipping
Dodged a bullet on that one.
Yeah, me too. Why are they switching to GN tho?

For some reason he gave it while signing his books for me. I didn't mind of course :)

>Why are they switching to GN tho?
floppies are dying

Yeah it seemed like a really neat thing for SDCC. Fanta sent me a Xaime one when I bought a few issues of Love & Rockets. Even had a comixology code for New Stories #1.

>Manga and stuff is still "comics" in my eyes
Shhhh... don't tell anyone here.

Last things I bought were Oyasumi Punpun omnibus 3 and Made in Abyss volume one. Think the next thing I'll buy will be a couple more volumes of Ajin since I need to catch up.

Reposting from the previous shelf thread:
The two babies on the back are my latest purchases (East of West Year One and Two hardcover). The bottom three belong to a previous batch of purchases:
>DnA Guardians of the Galaxy Omnibus
>Annihilation Conquest Omnibus
>The Multiversity by Grant Morrison
And there's other paperbacks I've posted here before, I think. I already have pre-ordered the Annihilation oversized TPs that will come out in March and April, so these will arrive sporadically. Over the course of 2018 I'll be buying the three War of Kings omnibuses, Galactus willing, so I'll have the entire Modern Cosmic Marvel collection. I already got the 4 Ultimates by Al Ewing (I lend them to a friend so no pic), which means I can start building the Contemporary Cosmic collection soon once I acquire the Infinity saga by Starlin.

The reason why I don't post my shelf yet is because it's full of regular books and I need to make room for the comics I have now and the ones that will come.

Reposting as well recent purchases.

I think everyone here has seen plenty of my reprints so I'll capitalize on the photos for the bumps that'll be surely needed later.
Also nice omnis, I think Conquest shall be my next "big" buy.

You don't buy floppies OP?

Do I get the hardcovers or single volumes for East of West? I have like the first 20 or so issues in floppies but I got tired of waiting to collect it monthly since I feel like it didn't help with the pacing of the story at all.

>You don't buy floppies OP?
Not OP, but I think the real question in this day and age is why buy floppies?

I ordered a pin and beer koozie that she designed and it came with that card and a sticker, I started putting up when I take pictures of my shelf for fun. I think her boyfriend lives near me and is a barber so if I ever get a haircut from him I'll give him the card

Sometimes I like to display or frame floppies on my wall but I mainly just like them for the cover art work and stuff depending which artist is doing them. I'm buying more and more trades lately as opposed to floppies though.

eh, I buy a few for some series that I want to support but I think I'm going to cut that out soon

If I were you, I'd buy the TPs instead, the release schedule is too inconsistent for floppies and I can imagine them being very frustrating to follow that way. I had only read the first issues or so, but the praise and the fact that it's one of my favorite writers and artists involved made me decide go for the big hardcover collections. This also means I'll get the story up to #29 and it won't be until much later this year that Year Three comes out, though...

Agreed, but unfortunately floppies as overpriced and inconvenient as they are nowadays, are considered the lifeblood of the industry, and basically what keeps the retailers alive. It's ridiculous really, I wish there was a focus on trades and hardcovers seeing as the massive audience that watches the movies won't bother with anything but collected stories. It's overwhelming for a casual to go to these stores and find these high number floppies, they won't know what to get.

>basically what keeps the retailers alive.
nope, ask your LCS and it's only one small part of their business. They have to sell games/toys/books or whatever else in order to keep open. Floppies can only support about 1/3 of what a store needs to stay open.

He makes much more off me buying GN and trades than my floppy purchases

>posted his shelf right way around.

I noticed too.

First I all I don't have any comic book store nearby, not even within the country. If the economic situation here was different, I'd even attempt to make a business based on that; alas, it isn't. But that's another subject...
Furthermore, day to day operations matter, user. And it's usually the cheapest item in the store to sell. That's what I meant with lifeblood, seeing as yes, a trade or hardcover might earn them more money (as would merch), but if you have to pay salaries, it's better to have reliable cash flow from pulllists and singles.

We meet again superman-user.
Hope you're having a good weekend.

>No comic stores in the whole country.

I'm intrigued. Where you at?

>all that kingdom hearts
niiiiiiiiiice

comic collection is pretty solid, content wise, I just personally don't like the big editions. But it looks damn good.

I hope you didn't insult him by not bowing and presenting your business card too.

you don't pay out salaries on a day to day basis user. It doesn't matter if you make more one day to the next, what matter is your monthly gross/net. If in a month they make as much on GN as they do on Floppies all that matters is how much shelf space you are dedicating to each.

Venezuela. The last bookstore we had here that used to sell comics closed early last year. Only way to buy some is in certain conventions, where they only sell very old floppies but at least there's some gems.

Still waiting for Plague of frogs volume 4 to be reprinted so I can start Hell on Earth.

brief interviews with hideous men is great
i do. but sparingly. mister miracle, doomsday clock, the oz effect, and dark knights metal are the only floppies i got last year.

My condolences for your loss.

I hope things get better down there. Stay safe.

>Plague of frogs volume 4 to be reprinted
Damn, I was about to say "Check amazon.ca" because I remember seeing it on there, but it looks like they are out of stock now too.
I wouldn't be too worried though, because Hellboy related stuff is usually reprinted quickly. I remember most of the library editions being OOP around christmas time, and all but #5 are back on the website.

I guess the publishers just give them out to creators to do whatever they want with them.