Whatever happened to this loser?

So has anyone even heard anything new about him or is he pretty much a has been now?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/253699397
twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/941553476340916225
kotaku.com/first-images-of-detective-pikachu-movie-set-1822541744
collider.com/detective-pikachu-cast-release-date/
screenrant.com/detective-pikachu-movie-filming-start-ryan-reynolds/
ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All I remember is he was working on something for Fox.....which technically means he is back to working for Disney.

The lazy whiner is eternally BTFO

Life is funny like that.

You may make mistakes,you may stumble and fall but you will never fuck your life up as badly as this man did his.

>Executive Producer Alex Hirsch
vimeo.com/253699397

From the amount of threads being made about him today, I'm guessing he's started hiring shills recently.

>2016+2
>pacificafags still buttblasted

Holy kek
Too bad that probably went nowhere so this isn't true anymore

No one give a fuck...(pic related)

yeah, there's been no promo drops or hype seeding at all after announcing his "project with Fox" so most likely it was some non committal talks that he hyped up to spite the mouse and nothing happened.

Biggest loser in the industry. Even worse than Loser Hillary. Sad!

His FOX project was canned already.

this is still forever fav cuz Butch is a nice dude

But did he personally create the concept?

how much of a drunk is Hirsch? Nearly ever picture of him I see is of him drinking and the rumors on Sup Forums is that he was a piss drunk fuck at CalArts

twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/941553476340916225

Aside from writing the GF graphic novel and executive producing , not much else is known about what he’s up to nowadays. Fuck if I know whether the Detective Pikachu film was ever an actual thing

He wrote the script for the Detective Pikachu movie.

It's real. Started filming last month

kotaku.com/first-images-of-detective-pikachu-movie-set-1822541744

Poor guy. We broke his brain with all of our filth and perversion.

He's regretting ditching Gravity Falls evident by the fact that he keeps going back to it with various projects.

Scratch that, upon further research it iseems his draft was not used for the final script and he is not credited for the movie.

They rejected his script.

A Variety article from this past December credits him for the script, are you sure it's not his? Said co-writing not sole writer.

If I were him I probably would just sit on my big pile of money and never do anything ever again like Vasquez sort of did, not gonna lie. Not that that's good. But why work if you're fucking rich?

Well too fucking bad. He shouldn't have made a cartoon based on his secret lust for his sister and Lauren Faust.

FWIW Alex came to Sup Forums all the way back in 2012 saying how he was working on a cartoon. His original idea was just about this kid and his sister having wacky adventures over their summer vacation or some lame shit like that, so we gave him all the ideas for mysteries and supernatural junk.

why are animators such cry babies?
they often forget that they don't have to be animators, they GET to be animators
there's thousands of other people who want their job and all they end up doing is bitch

Getting a free ticket into the industry by going to CalArts and just fucking around with no real work will do that to you.

Yep, he's not named anywhere in the press release they put out last month.
collider.com/detective-pikachu-cast-release-date/

This article points it out.
screenrant.com/detective-pikachu-movie-filming-start-ryan-reynolds/

Sorry about doing this guys, seeing that open mouth, and it being Hirsch, I had to do it.

*breathes in*

there is no soy is soylent you stupid nigger

God dammit.
Jesus, he couldn’t even hold this project either?

Praise the lord, they scrapped his movie script.

Has anyone JUSTed themselves as badly as Alex? Holy shit. First his Fox project gets smothered in the cradle, now he got dumped from Detective Pikachu. A few months ago one of the Hirsch defenders here was even telling me how much of an upgrade being a cowriter to a script in a movie was to being a cartoon creator.... WAHAHAHAHAHA

Just goes to show, if you are going to bail on your hit cartoon, you might want to make sure you have a solid foundation for future employment. What a fucking moron. Truly a Trump curse victim.

>Has anyone JUSTed themselves as badly as Alex?
Chris Savino? Cripes, the man spent almost a quarter century working on other people's shows before he finally gets his own, and it all ended so quickly and so badly.

Savino though was a victim of a sensationalist movement, there was never any real evidence and as soon as they ruined him all the talk disappeared and they moved onto the next Rapist of the Week.

Nothing truly self inflicted like Manlex.

>all these autists complaining about how GF let them down
>meanwhile, if it were up to them, the show would be nothing but graphic underage sex scenes

Nice strawman there, Hirschdroid.

Is he writing miles morale movie?

80% of the people that were talking like that wouldn't do it for real, they were just shitposting. Tulpafags and the ones with bodypillows yea, but not the majority posting Dipper's Feet, it was just "funposting" memes.

What movie?

Whenever Pacifica is not on screen someone should ask where she is.

Hirsch, Cicierega, Terrace, and Harmon are pretty much THE absolute worst people in the animation industry right now

why?

>Cicierega
I wasn't even aware he did animation, I just like his music. What are you talking about?

Hartman is probably the worst major showrunner in Western animation, while Hirsch is definitely the best one in recent memory. If this board doesn't get that, you guys are even more retarded than I thought.

They’re not the absolute worst, but I’m bitter that Dana was brought on Ducktales cause Disney was expecting something similar to GF, but in the end you get something mediocre and Emmy and some of Dana’s other pals getting hired out of nepotism.

The industry can get fucked.

I think he sounds like a jerk sometimes in his personal life, but to be fair both pilots not being picked up and working on early script drafts are things still successful writers do all the time, those things more often than not don't pan out. I'm always surprised when I hear what big names started off on movie scripts that didn't do the final draft (even "currently" big names). Likewise most pilots don't get picked up. I don't think people outside of the business don't realize just how many projects wind up on the cutting room floor even if someone has "made" it and is "hot."

What was the original post?

Fuck off witchfag.

Butch has more talent in his pinky than Hirsch has in his entire 5 foot tall body.

He apparently co-wrote the story to that new animated Spiderman movie with Lord and Miller

Did I miss something? What did this guy do to make everyone relish in his failure? Without any context, it just sounds like people are spiteful over his brief success, or having GF not turn out the way they wanted.

He cannot write women

Hartman is a hack who only had one passable show (Danny Phantom), which in-of-itself fell off the fucking rails after season 2. Everything else he's done is wholesome family values middling safe garbageo, and the only reason Sup Forums likes his work is because he drew their childhood MILFs.

>What was the original post?
the user said something along the lines of "Hirsch, Cicierega, Terrace, and Harmon are pretty much THE absolute worst people in the animation industry right now"

They're spiteful the show has ended and are lashing out in the most retarded way possible.

>DP
>FOP
>being watchable, let alone remotely resembling "talent"

>They're spiteful the show has ended
What? Sup Forums hates GF, you make it sound like this board actually wants more of it.

What did you want? Women are shit even when they're doing the same thing a man is in media.

He couldn't handle the pressure and wanted to leave after Season 1, blamed Disney for a late renewal when it was his fault because he pretty much had his bags packed before a celeb said he and his kids loved the show, then actually decided to leave anyway halfway into S2 and it fucked up a lot of shit.

As a draftsman, designer, idea-man and producer of popular children’s programming, yeah. Butch has those things down to a science. But I’ll take GF over anything Buth makes.

His writing is uninspired and nauseating. And don’t get me started on random shit like “jalapeño milkshakes” or whatever the fuck kind of stuff he finds hilarious.

That's correct, they wanted more lore, more Pacifica, more about why Gravity falls is the way it is, more shopping, more Pacifica, more Wendy etc etc.

>He couldn't handle the pressure and wanted to leave after Season 1, blamed Disney for a late renewal when it was his fault because he pretty much had his bags packed before a celeb said he and his kids loved the show, then actually decided to leave anyway halfway into S2 and it fucked up a lot of shit.

Thank you unsourced dubious internet for your questionable trivia

Again, you retard: Sup Forums *hates* GF. You don't want more of something you hate.

Yes, Sup Forums "hates" Gravity Falls.

say what you want about Butch, but he seems to have fun with his job and creations in animation, which is a refreshing thing considering it seems like all the younger folks in the industry are angry, reluctant artists who seem to have a love-hate relationship with their work. Butch seems to enjoy every minute of his job and I've never heard him gripe about mean people on the internet criticizing him for being "off-model"

Explain.

He wrote Journal 3 and Is currently working on a Graphic Novel. He also wrote on the Lord/Miller Spider-Man, a Pokémon Movie, and a third movie he’s supposedly directing that he hasn’t announced yet. He also co-produced a short called “My Moon” And Is working on one of Justin Roiland’s video games. Seems like a lot of stuff to me

>Women are shit even when they're doing the same thing a man is in media.
What?

>people don't get what soylent is

The Hirsch is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a jew, manlet, hack, quitter, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him worse than Hartman and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks below 5 feet: “FOP and DP werent that good."

“This soup is terrible! And such small portions!”

>Seems like a lot of stuff to me
A lot of stuff that besides the GF spinoffs (which should probably have been part of the actual show) literally nobody has ever heard of.

Alex and Butch seemed friendly at the CTN panel they were on. Why are you making up a rivalry between them? It’s like you’re creating fan fiction about creators. Do you jerk off imagining them fighting or something?

Dana is also in the process of getting her own show.

The girl who flipped off a girly toy line, which is half of Disney's income, one of them even having a picture of Rapunzel on it, is working at the studio where they make the Rapunzel cartoon and might be getting her own.

Meanwhile, The Modifyers has a great female character and is only known for because of a Zone parody.

This world sucks.

Don't get us wrong, I don't think anyone could say that Butch isn't a great guy-- dude has basically built his life off fueling his own childlike whimsicality. But feeding that, and only that whimsical nature, has led to a stilted, unfunny, monotonous repetition in his show's that are as bland and safe as they are identifiable. He has nothing to say, nothing provocative to hint at other than some off-color jokes in the earlier seasons of FOP, and nothing else sense. Admit it: he's a fucking manchild hack.

More like
"This soup is terrible! Maybe they shouldve cooked it better than just throwing it in the microwave for 20 seconds."

>spider man
>Pokémon
>no one has heard of

not that user, but I think Sup Forums's hate on GF is partly meme, partly true. I think most of the folks here thought the show brought a lot to the table in terms of having interesting stories and characters, the animation was solid and the lore was satisfactory. But the show dropped some significant balls, and the show creator (with all his talents) seemed unable to/unwilling to seal the deal. Plus, the hiatuses were a pain in the ass, so fans were pretty exhausted with the show by the end of it.

If Sup Forums actually hated the show, unironically, there would never be threads about it. When pressed about it, a lot of people on Sup Forums usually admit that there are aspects of the show that they liked or that they were unhappy with some elements but enjoyed the show overall.

Sure, that’s a definite plus right there. He clearly likes what he does and keeps positive attitude about. But that ultimately doesn’t keep me interested. I do like that he tried different things with Danny Phantom and that Crash Nebula pilot, though.

Co is embarrassingly obsessed with GF, like it’s an ex girlfriend who dumped us and who we still stalk. It’s time to move on

Pretty much. I was disappointed in a lot but that didn't make me obsessively hate someone I've never met.

>this tweet again

Fucking Christ, calm down. I can see bitching about something right after it's tweeted by screeching about shit for months and years I don't get. Yes this include's you-know-who's tweets. Everybody calm the fuck down. Maybe get off of social media.

Are you seriously triggered by this? How do you even step outside without pissing yourself.

Hirsch low key dissed FOP by saying having all powerful unrestricted (actually it was) magic was no fun. Then he proceeded to make the final villain of his show a being of unrestricted all powerful magic.

>Are you triggered by this? That triggers me!!!

You are trying so hard to create an imaginary war between these creators based on nothing. Take a deep breath. Count to ten. Let reality come back

I agree even if you compare a guy like John K who has some obviously unresolved issues from his childhood that fuel his artistic drive. Butch doesn't seem to have any real personal struggle or issues of the kind that makes great or subversive art.

Two books, three movies, a game and a short? What a lazy hack

Alex apparently doesn't either. The guy was just a rich kid who liked the Simpsons and wanted to make cartoons when he grew up.

>Dana is also in the process of getting her own show.
Dana is getting a show? She's basically in charge of a pretty important franchise to Disney right now, in Ducktales? Wouldn't it make more sense for a person like Sabrina Cotugno to get a show, considering she's got the experience, worked on two important Disney show, runs a webcomic and will have director experience after this season? Plus, Cotugno is slightly less of a dick on Twitter, considering she's never flipped someone off.

Just ask for a source instead of doing the dickheaded reverse psychology.
ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/

>Ultimately two people convinced him to come back and do another season: Jon Stewart, the former host of The Daily Show (and eventual Gravity Falls guest star), who told Hirsch that his kids loved the show, and Pat McHale, who created the similarly genius animated series Over the Garden Wall. McHale had been watching the series, which meant a lot to Hirsch, and then told him: “Look, after that cliffhanger, you’ve got to finish it.” Hirsch decided that he had about ten more episodes left in him. Then he went to the network, who said, “We only take seasons in twenties.” “So I said, ‘Okay, one more season,’” Hirsch told us. “Before we started the season, it said in my contract, before I put pen to paper, that this is my last season.” The studio agreed, under one condition: Hirsch couldn’t tell anybody.

80% of the time when a woman does something a man usually does in media it's hamfisted gender role reversal shit. Luckily Alex used a good reason to have Wendy be "badass", her family, but it came out of nowhere which was shitty anyway

It was really difficult to watch that for charity video he did with his girlfriend, Rebecca and Ian.

Hirsch just kept dropping and amping the Grunkle Stan voice at any given moment to drown out everybody. What an ego. Oh, and he also drew dipper the biggest out of the four of them at the end to let the viewers know who was in charge.

He’s becoming pathetic trying to be relevant.

>dude overworked himself to a breaking point because it was his first time as a showrunner and he wanted to make the best show possible (including voicing multiple major characters!)
>came back to finish it after fan outcry, even after being forced to do another full season
>called a lazy hack

That corroborated almost none of what you alleged

Shit. I forgot about that!

Yeah, Hirsch helped write Into the Spider-Verse with based Lord & Miller.

>it came out of nowhere
It was literally in the second episode. Obviously we didn't know that was her family at the time, but that's irrelevant.

How the fuck not? Check that Reddit AMA for when he blamed Disney for renewing late when it was his fault for not wanting another season until after the finale aired publicly.

i don't disagree on his formula. Hartman has been stale since the mid-00's and his formula has remained pretty unchanged since Danny Phantom came off the air. However, I give him more credit on the fact that he seems to enjoy his job. While his content isn't that great (Bunsen was cheesy, at best) he seems to want to engage the ideas he has and put them into action rather than sit on his ass and complain about the industry and the world being so hard and unfair to artists and how nobody might like his ideas.
That said, he's had a long and pretty successful career. Retirement and some book deals should be his future goals. Or even leading a studio. But unless he does a major overhaul of the Hartman formula, I think he's kinda done at this point.