Big Blue

Post your favorite Superman panels or fanart. Inspirational, badass, ordinary, etc.

NO LEWDS, this is a Christian board

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJWmbLS2_ec
twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/962497563084468224
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And the opposite of this image - how Luthor see Superman.

Love this one. I'm a sucker that shows heroes in regular situations.

Anyone have any panels of Superman flying and loving it?

Is Clark taller than Bruce? Does Jon have telekinesis or is that a different Superboy?

Just a boy and his dog

Which issue is this from?

Pay no attention to the watermark at the bottom of the page!

Sorry, don't remember the exact issue but it's from later in Morrison's New 52 Action Comics

Really love this cover

Sunday Superman Thread already?

My boy takes a backseat on this page but it's still nice

Posting the superior soon to be canon version.

is this status quo now? everyone knows clark is superman?

Anyone got more heartwarming Superman fanart?

No that was during the New 52 for a little while, it's not a thing anymore. The one with Jon is just people recognizing Superman.

Now I want a superhero in any one of the movies to have a pet.

Why can't Krypto or Ace be in Justice League. Or that dragon that Kitty has.

I still say this would be a great final scene to a Superman movie.

Lex screaming in rage on Earth, cut to the close up of Superman's face, youtube.com/watch?v=fJWmbLS2_ec starts playing as we zoom out to reveal he's just hanging out on the moon.

And just because I want to plug Fourth World into everything...

Pretty sure it's the very first or the second issue, it's definitely in the first trade, before Clark gets captured by Luthor and the government.

Nah it's right after the Super-Doom monster turns to stone, that's what he's lifting up.

Thanks, i've been looking for that.

Really like this one

I think that's about enough pages outta me now.
So long everyone, I hope this thread prospers.

New 52 Supes and Krypto are the best.

>Super-Doom monster

Nope - he only wears the tee shirt up until the Brainiac invasion/attempt to bottle Minneapolis (which is towards the end of that trade/arc); he gets the "Kryptonian armour" on Brainiac's ship.

It might be a flashback, my trade is a digital and it's on an external drive I don't have with, but that whole conversation is one of the first instances of when we see Clark.

In fact, he's being shot at after that 'rats with money' scene and this is the cover from #1 where he's running from the cops.

That entire issue featured some really great art. Jimenez was really on point with the art for a lot of that run. I'm pretty much following him to his next on-going because of that, versus for the writer or the character, but would like to see him back on a Superman title soon.

>The Legion of super pets: a monkey a cat a horse and a dog
>Krypto vs. Lex Luthor equivalent super dog
>Giant Krypto
>Superboy and Krypto switch bodies!
oh my gosh I need to read this!

It was just made for fun, it's not a real cover, sadly.

1/2

2/2

seriously?! that's so disappointing. that cover is so silver age it's nuts.

4/6

5/6

and then ...

... finally

6/6

although the story has a lot more pages before and after the Kamandi framing element

birth of a supervillain

These two dating is enough to put them both way out of character, but now they are both glorifying murder???!!!
come on, that's just overkill man.

Well, Legion of Super Pet is a story, from an Adventure Comics, I think, and Destructo is also a thing from a Superboy self-titled from the 50s.

I think the Giant Krypto never happened but I wouldn't bet cash on it, but the teen Clark and Krypto switch brains apparently did happen, so I guess that's how they switched bodies?

The annual itself doesn't sadly exist.

pretty much anything from Rebirth, I loved that they went all in with the Superman = America shit. Im always a sucker for that

They were talking about Doomdays IIRC

thats real nice

twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/962497563084468224

You might be waiting a bit before you see him again

Well, only because he can't do 8 pages of word balloons with the best dog in the universe.

>Superman kills the Iron Giant

>Directed by Sam Raimi

I genuinely smiled when I saw this page, that happened a lot with the first few issues of Superdad. Pic related is still the best though.

Clark is 1 inch taller per official stats (6'3" vs 6'2")

I think you're a little bit mixed up user. That other user quoted a page where he's lifting up the stone Super-Doom and wearing the New 52 armor.

It's from issue 18 or 19 of vol. 2, Action Comics (circa 2013?), pretty sure 19.

Yes, you're right, I was looking at the earlier set he posted and assumed he was going in series.

Conner has telekinesis. Not Jon.

I've never really paid attention to Prime, but in the New 52, when they created that clone Jon Lane Kent who had died, that future villain OC of Lobdell's had used his genes, Superbro's and New 52 Lois and the future/dead child of theirs to create the clone, who was alive in some nebulous far off future; when the Teen Titans (with non-Conner Kent "Kon") are traveling in the future due to Cereal Lord's then current fanfic, when "Kon" met hybridized alt-future Jon Lane Kent, JLK had telekinesis and other powers that Clark doesn't have and that Conner didn't have.

Also didn't the Future Young Justice version of Kon-El (with Tim as Batgod and Cassie as Future WW) have different powers than he did as Superboy and that post COIE/pre-FP Clark have? I also haven't read those, so not sure.

I just remember this argument during the story-times for Lobdell's TT.

>pretty sure 19

NM. It's 18, I forgot that Grant had a zero issue in his run, so it's his 19th issue, but #18 - I just checked.

And V3 of the trades.

>Leatherwing and Underwaterman survived Multiversity
>so did Damian and Chris

That was sweet of Tomasi to give a bit of closure to these characters. Also, it was nice that Clark still considered Overman worth saving after their adventures during Final Crisis.

PLEASE someone post the recolored version

This run will be missed. Sometimes, I regret how my love of Superman prevents me from wanting to truly and utterly hate the likes of Brian Michael Bendis because Clark wouldn't want that.

Nope.

I'm just flabbergasted that they managed to turn Hitler from a clown on a toilet to a genuinely threatening psycho in the span of a few pages.

What's the difference between Jon Kent, Conner, and Kon-El? I know that Jon's the only current canon child of Clark and Lois, but with the intentionally weird continuity of COIE, New 52, and Rebirth, I don't know how it all shakes out.

Is Jon going to become the good version of Superboy Prime at some point?

Clark cares too much, but that's part of why we love him.