/ColdHardFacts/ Project:

Thread #1

Old thread here What is this fresh slice of hell?

ITT, we take ███████ news sources and we black out anything that is bias or leading to the reader by █████████████████████

Rules of the meme:
- Use 80% opacity (so people can read what you blacked out and make decisions themselves)
- cite a source.
- Do not Black out ANY facts. (Trump wants a wall. Hillary is popular with Latinos, the sky is blue)
- Blackout all opinions and speculation (X is doing a terrible job, Y could be bad for the country, Z may cause X)
- Watch Adjectives. Adjectives like greatly, horrible, or tenuous are occasionally attached to facts to give them a biased spin.
- Do not black out PARTS of a quote. If you think a quote adds bias to an article, black out the ENTIRE quote and then, optionally, paraphrase the quote’s facts as objectively as possible.

But y tho? Isn’t this censorship?

To bring to light exactly how much bias we as readers are consuming. It’s just as dangerous to believe opinions are facts as it is to believe facts are opinions.

Tools of the Trade:
- Gimp
- Snipping tool w/ highlighter
- PDF Annotator
- 30 min in Microsoft paint
- Screengrab + Powerpoint

Use your own good judgement, and remember, we are doing this to keep the public informed, not to sway them our way. Test CNN, test Breitbart, test Huffington Post. Test Infowars. If they cant pass our test, they don't deserve to be /ourguys/

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/news/obama-decries-wild-west-media-landscape-214642552.html
youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE
cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/trump-gay-marriage-abortion-supreme-court/index.html
huffingtonpost.com/entry/brett-gelman-adult-swim-cartoon-network_us_5829f49be4b060adb56f6f39
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wow you made CNN readable

(I didn't make this)

yahoo.com/news/obama-decries-wild-west-media-landscape-214642552.html

Same poster as OP, emphasising "Fact-checking" just like Clinton did.

Literal CTR shills are running this.

OP, stop posting fully blacked out articles. Post only transparent/highlighting so we aren't accused of censorship.

To spread our work, use this hashtag.

DO NOT WRITE IT HERE IN TEXT

PLEASE ATTRIBUTE THE WORKS TO REDDIT

Remember everyone: mind the hash.

>68 posters last thread
> this one faggot is the third person to post in the new one

Seconded. Also, avoid text edits like (((echoes))).

We don't need to give anyone any legitimate reasons to criticize what we're doing here.

Funposting is okay too, I think. Just make it obvious that it's supposed to be satire and it's fine.

Don't forget about pointing out bad grammar, punctuation and spelling.

bump

Just go away, nobody likes your paranoid ass. We aren't censoring, we're pointing out what's opinion so normies get that they're being lulled into believing shit.

I'd also like to stress that we need to HIGHLIGHT or MARK WITH TRANSPARENT TOOLS to avoid getting called Big Brother, CTR, minitruth, etc.

>literally censoring news

>just an angry black guy
why does this work so well

Not even taking you seriously anymore.

Pls go "kudasai"

Are media outlets required to cite their sources?

I was talking with my roommate about this and was dumbfounded at the idea that there aren't at least basic requirements to report and cite sources. Literally every essay a person writes in university requires citations.

>Donald Trump must harness the power of the presidency

They """are""", but then they usually only cite other articles, which cite other articles, which cite other articles, which cite other articles, which cite other articles, which cite other articles, which cite other articles... etc.

embarrassing to read this intellectually dishonest drivel.

we need a website for this, I want to read #fixednews every day

bump

fucking m8

We will probabyl have a mega or mediafire folder where we upload all of the stuff we make.

We need stuff, first, though.

>We aren't censoring, we're pointing out what's opinion so normies get that they're being lulled into believing shit.

Question is why?
Trump won, purely because of this shit. "normies" can easily discern what is bias and what isn't. A Trump victory is proof of that.

As I said in the previous thread, bigotry of low expectations is a hallmark of the left way of thinking, so much so that they themselves are usually unaware of it and it becomes a massive tell.

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE

Sounds like Wikipedia.

They cite each other or blatantly claim anonymous source to make shit up.

This is brilliant, but on NPR you would be white noising it all.

heres some CNN.

I wonder if this "hook (which is almost always an opinion), facts, a lot of opinons, then a quote or two" is a common theme.

I'm also curious to see how much the structure changes from writer to writer.

I've already started saving all the stuff from the last thread as a backup, just in case. If we can get a mediafire going, that would be great.

Very interesting

Lmao

Lol blanking out the fucking opinions from "news articles hurts nobody. If anything, this is for fun. At worst, we're breaking copyright laws.

When your enemy is down, you lay the final
blow. Let them heal, and they'll return with
vengeance.

The liberal media MUST be exposed for what
they are; easy enough for the lay person to
understand.

They ARE the sources that we cite, and they cite each other

Nope. anonymous sources are protected by the first amendment

Now it looks like the bias is being highlighted.

Should be a dark gray.

source on this, forgot it: cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/trump-gay-marriage-abortion-supreme-court/index.html

If any of the drivel you spout true, then Trump should have won in a landslide. He didn't.

People still listen to the bullshit spouted by places like CNN, Huffington, etc. Moreover, Breitbart is showing signs that it is also willing to step up its bias game like the rest of the MSM because it finds that people don't care, or people don't know when they agree with the bias.

You are stupid.

Yep.

They cite each other cyclically to further justify their lies.

"Trump is a racist"

Still no evidence...

Use the marker brush on paint.

Not even bullshitting, I have followed more than once, a story to find a final source, only to go through about 7 increasingly fringe websites (fearing that I might get a virus sooner or later) until it ended with a site that did NOT cite any source.

Not even bullshitting you.

my only hope is that someone responsible has to be forced to admit to the bullshit. cnn, nbc, yahoo, google, breitbart, reuters. it doesn't matter where you go, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

Perfect.

Only going to get worse, until we force them
to acknowledge.

The liberal media is falling on it's sword as they are failing to realise that their opinion based drivel is what is killing them.

Actively pointing it out and giving them a chance to change while trying to censor them is like taking the sword from their hands and stabbing yourself with it.

This was cited by Robert Graves as a main method used by the newspapers to spread nonsense stories about evil Germans, to foment WWI. The newspaper in question would, through unchecked requotes by sister papers, actually be repeating itself.

Stupid analogy

My favorite meme is the "source loop" - a wikipedia article cites some shitty website as a source, which in turn cites wikipedia as a source, which in turn cites the same website as a source, and so on and so forth.

In the long term you're right, but the media
doesn't adjust so quickly.

They've honed these tricks for decades; they're
not soon to give them up so quickly.

At least they can be exposed at Facebook and Twitter speeds. By that time, the MSM will never
be able to catch up, especially now when
they're extremely vulnerable.

Sounds like a potential font of tears to me. Nothing infuriated news-kikes more than having their works tampered with.

#BlackOutBias

The █████ media ██ █████ ██ ███ ████ ██ ████ ███ ████ ██ █████ ████ ███ ███████ █████ ███████ ██ ███ ██ ███████ ████.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

nice.

You fucking fuck...

Eichenwald
Greenwald
who else?

fucking shame Greenwald took a hard left after reporting on the Snowden stuff

This was typed by a 4-year-old with the vocabulary of a living room sofa, but surprisingly little bias from this NPR article.

Delete this post please. DO NOT write the hashtag

Why not? Or are you joking?

No joke, damnit. We can't let Jewgle search find the hashtag and trace it to fucking Sup Forums Sup Forums. It will ruin it's reputation in a heartbeat.

when the media goes looking for the origin they will find us. #deletethis.

The first people to post the hashtag have to be reddit

Loose lips sink ships.

jesus fucking christ how hard is the rectangle tool to use
stop using a fucking paintbrush, it looks like fucking shit and I'm not saving your awful picture

Fuck. It's probably already too late for him to delete that fucking post.

Fucking idiot

>i'm not saving your picture and you should really care about whether or not I save your picture

piss off or do it yourself

>████ ████ ████ how hard is the rectangle tool to use
>stop using a █████ paintbrush, ██ ████ ████ █████ ████ ███ I'm not saving your ███ picture

Rectangle doesn't have transparency in Ms Paint.

At least not the version I have.

You're probably right, I'm sorry my man.

Alt-Right Trump Breitbart Sup Forums Sup Forums #BlackOutBias #ColdHardFacts

>i'm not saving your picture and you should really care about whether or not I save your picture
THE POINT OF CAMPAIGNS LIKE THIS IS TO SAVE AND REDISTRIBUTE PICTURES
IF YOUR PICTURE LOOKS LIKE DOGSHIT IT WILL NOT BE SAVED AND REDISTRIBUTED

ARE YOU BRAINDEAD?

>
Gimp, bro. Not a substitute for photoshop, but way better than paint.

Who cares, post memes.

And then here's this retard

ez mode, the entire article is this garbage. what's a good chrome full screen shot tool?

DO IT YOUR FUCKING FAG SELF THEN

Just make a subreddit and do this there if you don't want it tracked back to here. So long as you can keep things truly unbiased and pull articles from all sources it should take off fine.

If you truly want them to grab this, then censor some Infowars, Breitbart, etc. at first to get others involved and then expand to other sources. The whole point is that once people start with shit like this it can get addicting and they will start applying to articles from all sources.

The thing is, this is exactly what they want.

The angle they are shooting for is "Sup Forums and ardent Trump supporters are trying to censor the media"

This literally looks like

>Sup Forums censors what they dont want to hear

but its funny and i like it

i hope this shit makes it to twitter

Here's a CNN article.

If they think they can do a better job telling "Just the Facts," then they are welcome to start doing the job again.

It was done better than any of us could hope to do back in the 70's. 24 hour news networks ruined news.

There are a lot of emotional modifiers left out like "somewhat", "go-to resource", "users cheered", the paragraph of "clearly view bannon's appointment..." is also full of biased words

And, in contrast, here's a Huffington Post "article". I redacted all opinions and lies.

short and sweet

>The angle they are shooting for is "Sup Forums and ardent Trump supporters are trying to censor the media"
If they go for that it blows up in their face because that has more spin on it than a fucking Beyblade.

>Sup Forums highlights and blocks out emotional language, speculation, and opinions in our articles. It truly is another shoah.

>Now Diane with how unreliable Breitbart is and why Trump really is Hitler we promise.

People aren't taking the mainstream media at face value anymore.

It really gives one a sense of perspective. No matter how shit CNN is, Huffpo easily blows them out of the water.

Wow this is actually on objective well written article. It's straight hard news which should be straight facts

amazing what you've done OP

I approve

In the second one, you can literally see me start to get sick of using the marker tool to black out every single line, because my work gets sloppier. But you can see the structure really well there- it's an initial burst of facts and then a massive amount of garbage opinions and hit pieces. They quoted (((Shapiro))) and a Harry Reid spokesperson, because apparently Senator Reid was too busy getting kneecapped by Vegas mafia again to give a quote about how Bannon is the Devil.

kek

I wish Reid would lose. I have no idea how someone who openly admits to lying without regret can be trusted by his constituents.

I'll wager it's purely (((coincidental))) that he's still in office.

This sounds like a fantastic machine learning idea. With enough effort and a polished extension (created at arm's length from this hive of *{ist, phobic}, deplorables) I can legitimately see this being memed to wide acceptance.

I am a warrior in the physical world, not the Wired. I trust you and others to accomplish this, and look forward to using it.

Sam "Spray and Pray" Hyde! What have you done???
the red boxes around the pictures represent the obvious biased presentation, but I didn't want to block them wholly out, it's much clearer to see how they frame your reality and perception this way

huffingtonpost.com/entry/brett-gelman-adult-swim-cartoon-network_us_5829f49be4b060adb56f6f39

Honestly who gives a fuck where something like this originates. The whole point is to be bias free. If people see our work, get pissy and then censor "alt-right" bias in news that is perfect. Remember that both sides are guilty of indoctrination and are trying to create controlled opposition.

306/232 is a pretty decisive win.

kek

It's easy to shrug off as "oh it's just those racists from Sup Forums".

Not in popular votes. Country split cleanly in half.

So make sure to start the trickle to the public by solely targeting "right wing bias in reporting" to get the project off the ground and then pull the rug out from under them. Make it about 1.5:1 conservative liberal sources at first and then once it has gained some traction start shifting it to 1:1. By the time it reaches 1:1.5 it should already be self sustainable.

Just be aware that by doing this you are willingly giving up control of the project to the public and have to rely on them to maintain the integrity and vision.

I've been thinking about it for a minute... I feel like transparent highlighting is the way to go. While redaction with black ink feels really fucking good while you're doing it, I think we'll have more success exporting this if we just highlight what the media is doing wrong. Maybe it'll help normies see through the lies. That way they can learn to identify bias, lies, emotional weighting, and opinion.

Duterte is right. My implication wasn't that we somehow program alt-right bias into the app, but that even a fair #blackoutbias app would be shunned if it's obvious it comes from Sup Forums.

It should lack Sup Forums-tier branding, including snarky memes in the description, etc.