Hickman vs Tolkien

I met someone today who claimed Jonathan Hickmans avengers run was superior than Tolkien's work. He hasnt read his FF yet.

Have comicbooks gotten so good that they can be compared to literary legends?

Not really but Hickman is an exception. He's a genius.

That's a nice comparison, Hickman would make an awesome Professor of Capeology.

I guess, but Hickman's work, especially his Avengers, isn't one of them

>Tolkien
>Literary legend

Well, Tolkien was a linguist, so it's not that hard to make better fiction than him.

It really, really isn't.

>haven't read his FF yet

Don't bother.

They were trolling you, and you can't convince me otherwise.

What's wrong with your pic?

>I met someone today who immediately started talking out of their ass so I thought I would come here and pretend to be retarded
Ftfy

"What went wrong with his Avengers run?" would be the better question.

illuminated ?

No. People are just getting more and more ridiculous in how they praise their favorite media
look at star wars, star trek, his dark materials books, lost the tv series, and a bunch of other pretty mediocre stuff out there that people latch onto because its there first experience with fiction that wasnt total garbage to their tastes

like a kid trying candy for the first time after only ever being allowed fruit, not even dried fruit, as sweets. they will obsess over candy for decades even after learning about better sweets like ice cream or pie

No. And the most literary and talented people in the industry have not done capeshit.

you should stop valuing the opinions of 12 year old's they really don't know shit.

>lost the tv series
Shut your fucking mouth.

No you were talking to full blown autism riddled Assburger, Tolkien isn't even that good but you are comparing a picture book for kids and teens against an actual book.

Hickman's Avengers run was a lot of storythreads that meant nothing so they could focus on Reed vs Doom in Secret Wars. I mean, what was the point of Smashers and Cannonball's son (daughter? I forget) if she's meaningless? THey hint at her powers and POD hiding her in her suit during the incursion. I thought it was going to be revealed cause of the 8 years later that the kids would have some relevance in Secret Wars, but he doesn't come up again.

There are so many dead ends.

Wasn't the whole point of the Avengers side that they were being fucked and tossed around by the New Avengers? It's been years since I read it.

>comparing a gay agenda shill to a good christian author

Get out.

That's the thing. The Avengers side felt pointless when the New Avengers kept doing Incursions. And what's worse is that so much of it meant nothing in the end cause it was going to become a Emperor Doom story, a character who was introduced in the last 4th of the story. Hell, if it wanted to be more sense, it would have made Namor Emperor Doom. Namor was the antagonistic presence throughout the comic. Make him the big baddie of Secret Wars

I don't think that'd been as strong as Doom. Namor worked a lot better being the other-side the Illuminati had to fight against.

>Christian
>good
>ever

is this you?

>2012
>Marvel is about to release an Avengers movie
>Highly anticipated, big blockbuster marketing
>Here's there chance to draw in some new readers with a back to basics Avengers comic
>They respond by making their core two Avengers books complex messes that could befuddled even a seasoned Marvel fan

I will seriously never understand their thought process on that one.

whoever did this lettering needs to be removed from anything involving letters