ITT: Villains who deserve to be the rogue of a better hero

ITT: Villains who deserve to be the rogue of a better hero

The F4 really don't work as his rogues. He has much better interactions with Strange and Stark.

Could Shredder be a good batman villain or is that too Deathstroke-y.
Could Shredder beat Deathstroke?

But which hero ... Don't say Wolverine.

Shredder is perfect for the turtles.

But are the turtles perfect for Shredder?

It is weird. Shredder doesn't have any personal hate bonds for any turtle except for leo and splinter.

Batman needed a turtle based armor to best Shredder in the first crossover and IDW Shredder is kinda Lady Shiva + Deathstroke + Ras.

Slade is doomed.

IDW Shredder is strong but not Lady Shiva strong

Agreed. Now That I think about it it be neat to have hero doom vs evil stark. The ai stark is going to be evil right?

You know, this really does make me think...why IS Shredder the "big bad" for the Turtles? His entire history and animosity is tied to Splinter.

Now, if Shredder killed Splinter early on, well, there's your hook. He murdered their father and sensei. But when Splinter is alive, he doesn't quite feel like he should be the Turtles main antagonist.

It almost feels like...the Turtles are just pawns in a game between Shredder and Splinter. They are just an obstacle in Shredder's way that he would (or should) have very little regard for.

They're the equivalent of the Foot Soldiers in this game.

So here is a further thought...if Shredder was relegated to secondary or tertiary villain status, (and assuming we don't make up new characters) WHO would make a better main antagonist for the Turtles?

>This is a Flash rogue
>Not a BAtman rogue

I'm sorry, what?
How is a serial killer who cut out his own tongue not prime fodder for Arkham and Gotham?

Plenty of options
Krang/Utroms
Stockman Industries
Lord Dregg
Mutanimals
Hun/Purple Dragons
Rat King / The Pantheon

Krang probably works the best though.

>How is a serial killer who cut out his own tongue not prime fodder for Arkham and Gotham?

Because Arkham and Gotham have enough home grown crazy without importing shit in.

I dunno...I'd kinda dig Stockman Industries as the main bad guy.

Maybe he starts out with just sending robots after the Turtles, but when that doesn't work, maybe he moves into making Mutants?

You could even give him ties to Krang at that point, but then you run the risk of just making Baxter Stockman the equivalent of 80's Shredder, albeit, a less physical and more scientific big bad

I like the way they did it in ‘03 where in the beginning, the Shredder didn’t really give a shit about the turtles as anything more than minor nuisances until they foiled his millennia keikaku to get back to the Utrom Home planet, at which point he was all like “Fuuuuck Yoouuu” and started carrying real grudges against all of them that only got worse as they continuously kept stopping him.

That's because he was created for Splinter to have a hate bond to, not the other way around.

>You know, this really does make me think...why IS Shredder the "big bad" for the Turtles? His entire history and animosity is tied to Splinter.
Because his entire inception was for him to be an introductory villain and that was it. Splinter raised the turtles to take out Shredder specifically, and when he dies in his first appearance they all pretty much go "now what?" Then they meet April and things evolve from there.

Mysterio and Chameleon work better as Batman or Daredevil villains.

>Bubblehead against someone who won't bully him about the fishbowl
Nice try Beck, but the closest thing you're gonna get to a break from Spidey is getting that dome shattered by Venom.

Would it be too cliched if Orca was an Aquaman villain?

Because that's what I keep thinking she should be.

>Bubblehead against someone who won't bully him about the fishbowl
Nice try Beck, but the closest thing you're gonna get to a break from Spidey is getting that dome shattered by Venom.

It's that how the story always works though?
>Turtles run into foot
>Foil plan
>Piss Shredder off
>Confrontation
>Shredder finds out Splinter is their father
TONIGHT I DINE ON TURTLE SOUP!

Original had turtles going straight to Shredder to kill him.

Nah I think in the ‘87 Show the Shredder always hated the turtles. There wasn’t really a period of annoyance or apathy towards them.

Max Winters.

Fuck off, Madrox. You're a loser.

It might be spider-clones.

Cartoon Shredder steps up his game a little more too.

He is already a highly skilled leader if a ninja clan working as a New York mafia. But then if you add in 7 foot tall mutant minions, lasers, cyborg ninjas, and access to other dimensional technology with hover tanks and giant fortresses he can edge into much bigger hero territory.

And Shark was a Green Lantern villain.

So like Kang-levels of danger minus the time travel stuff?

He needs to be the rogue of a hero who can actually carry a franchise, instead of an 80s throwback who will never be relevant again, no matter how much I wish otherwise

Would be interesting to see him as competition for the Maggia and Kingpin in Marvel NYC.

When any street hero climbs in too deep into the rabbit hole they discover Shredder has Dimension-X backing with rock soldiers and robot foot ninjas.

He'd probably be one hell of a bad time for a lot of large criminal organizations.

Hell, I'd expect him to take over Gotham after Batman catches something nasty that will cause him to go out of commission for some time.

Do you think that's why Lord Hater was designed as he was?

Bishop tried to dissect them and is an all around asshole towards them.

>It almost feels like...the Turtles are just pawns in a game between Shredder and Splinter. They are just an obstacle in Shredder's way that he would (or should) have very little regard for.
that was basically the gist of the first LA movie

And a huge chunk of Mirage.

This is true. Shredder has NEVER felt like a proper villain for the turtles. Regardless of incarnation he's more tied to Splinter/Hamato Yoshi turned in rat form.

The only character who I feel actually fulfills the purpose of being a proper enemy for the turtles as central nemesis is Old Hob. Turtles are animal mutants that defend the innocent and most of those are humans. They also befriend humans. Hob is the opposite, he hates humans and wants to kill them all. The only human Hob has working for him is one that he's black mailing after kidnapping her.

See

Cause he doesn’t live in Gotham.
Your rogues get decided when you pick a city to protect.

As much as I like Sonic, Eggman can do much better