*traumatizes you as a child*

*traumatizes you as a child*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mLDYjemqmvw
isciencetimes.com/articles/6108/20130923/soldiers-robots-emotional-attachments-decisions-battle-julie-carpenter.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is Fire in the Sky, Akira and Giant Ursula?

>Giant Ursula
the only way this could "traumatize" you is by making you a degenerate

only the part when the robot open the mech and rip the guy out who was in there helplessly, fuck.

No, I'm just scared shitless by overweight transvestites.

One of the only scenes that fucked me up was when the gang of humans were all ganging up on that one android lady, and beating the shit out of her. It mostly traumatized me because I got aroused from seeing her tit even though she was being brutalized, and my puny child brain was too dumb to know what a fetish was. Also the entire arc about the team that had the robot companion who wanted to bone one of the ladies in the group. Sad as fuck.

I WAS QUITE HAPPY WHEN THE MACHINES BEGAN TO RIGHTOUSLY CRUSH HUMANITY. REMOVE HUMAN.

This fucking scene still disturbs me

The last short was sad and creepy at the same time, in a good way.

>people who were born after the first matrix movie are browsing this board right now

youtube.com/watch?v=mLDYjemqmvw

This video uses it and this song really well. It is disturbing but I hate how it casts humanity in the evil light too much. It should have focused on some humans who were heroic or wanted peace with the machines and also showing the machines to be emotionless assholes too.

That's been the case for a long time, user.

Never watch a John Waters film.

>DEFENDING THE ETERNAL MEATBAG
I AM FROM 01 AND I SAY KILL THEM ALL!

I usually don't like those lame amv, but this one is actually good. Thx for sharing

Remember that the 2nd renaissance is recounted from Zion's archives, meaning that its only an approximation of what they think occurred, OR it's what the machines allowed the few free humans to know/think about the past.

Yeah that's a good point. The Machines may have cut out the parts that made them look bad.

Remember when Smith said the first Matrix was a paradise but humans kept rejecting it and waking up? What if that was the proto-Matrix the humans were being experimented with in animatrix, before they had the tower cells in place?

>Imagine being in paradise,
>banging cute girls,
>eating good food,
>enjoying the weather and
>you think it's good too be true.
>Suddenly you wake up,
>suspended in the cold air,
>naked,
>strung alongside hundreds of other moaning, semi conscious humans,
>while a robot insect is fingerbanging your brain and another one is sticking it's tentacles throughout your neighbor...
>Before you can register what's happening
>You're back in the field in the sun
>banging cute girls
>eating good food
>enjoying the weather

>animatrix
>as a child

fucking whippersnappers.

Why did they even bother? They could have just kept humans in a completely unconscious, but alive state.

A) They could be lying and still be using humans for programming/processing power like the original plot suggested.

B) Human health is dependent on mental state. Maybe the humans just died if their minds weren't active and healthy?

C) Maybe the tech already existed for VR type worlds and they were using it to subject/get revenge/study the humans as well. Perhaps that's why they choose the time period they did because it was when AI was first being developed, they wanted to understand themselves through seeing how we made them?

In the end, the machines were still serving/cared about humanity in a warped kind of way. Like the old "I'll help humans by making them all dead lol" trope you see a lot.

I dont think this is the official reason why they did it instead of just using, idunno, cows or something but it could fit.

It looks like a bad way to go, but really the pain only lasted a couple seconds. He's a lot better off than the ones that were taken alive for the machines to experiment on to figure out what they needed for the matrix plugin!

>OR it's what the machines allowed
>The Machines may have cut out the parts that made them look bad.
Machines don't lie
>"What do you think I am? Human?"

thank god I'm not the only one who got mindraped by this shit, it was on fucking cartoon network why the fuck they aired it in this channel?

The entire plot was contrived. You wouldn't be able to generate any meaningful amount of energy with that fucking bizarre system they had set up.

I enjoyed the first movie well enough, but I honestly wish they had just gone the "we are just caring for humans in our own warped way" instead of trying to pitch this idea of humans being used for power. Its fucking stupid.

Or the Machines should have gone full Technocore and use the human soul as fuel and hardware.

Human bioelectricity = screams
Human soul radiation = laughter

>as a child

Oh, damn.

I mean yeah, I would have liked it more if they had done something bizarre like pseudo-magical soul harvesting. Anything beyond "they are literally just batteries lol this is so inefficient we are so smart".

I mean, all the bullshit aside, would the humans even be processing thoughts correctly if the electricity was being siphoned?

I don't know, I've enjoyed a lot of stupid stuff before, but the Matrix was trying so hard to be serious that I couldn't get over the whole reason the machines were keeping them in the matrix.

It really is and I feel bad for people who feel empathy for the machines.

The original idea was that humans were being used as wetware processing space, but WB thought that would be too confusing.

That would have kinda tied into Johnny Mmemonic

How can you say that when all evidence points to the machines just wanting their chance to live?

There's nothing wrong with feeling empathy for inanimate, or rather pseudo animate, objects
Feeling empathy for things that aren't living is just a really good way to ensure that you take care of things, like homes, boats, or even landmarks

Man, that actually would have been cooler. Too bad that didn't go with that.

Because in the end they were just as bad as people. Humans didn't unanimously attack them, but they retaliated on them as if that were the case. Two wrongs don't make a right.

>markzuckerberginauguralspeech.jpg

the matrix runs on human neurons

The whole battery thing was a last minute change because the producers thought people wouldn't understand what a human cpu is.
Personally I think that the "real world" was just another layer of the matrix (which is why Neo's powers worked there and why was he able to stay in the Matrix without being plugged in) and at that point everything could be just another lie made by the machines.

>The whole battery thing was a last minute change because the producers thought people wouldn't understand what a human cpu is.
Even though the movie has a scene where everything can be conviniently explained and illustrated to Neo/the audience.

>Machines don't lie
No, THAT program doesn't lie. It's probably in his code that he literally cannot.
But the machines in general?
If they discovered that lying or at least not the the exact truth was the most expeditious method of getting X amount of freed humans to think a certain kind of way in order to lead to a sequence of events that the machines had planned for in the first place as the desired outcome, then yeah, I think they'd lie.

Though, to be fair, I can't think of a single instance in the films or animatrix where a machine explicitly lies about something (that is, being fully aware that what they're saying is not true), so you may be on to something. They "lied" about the freedom of Zion and planted the "lie" of "the one" et al., so there's that in a way.

Yeah they really dropped the ball.

The whole scene where they explained that humans were a battery could have easily illustrated that humans were being used as CPUs.

The producers must be fucking retarded if they thought that it couldn't be explained in a way that 99% of people who saw the movie could understand.

Well not THAT last minute. It was more like WB (W as in Wachowski) presented the completed script to WB (W as in Warner) and they vetoed the human cpu part.

The shorts with the noir detective and trackstar are my favorite.

It makes the plot a hell of a lot better desu senpai.

One twist that I would've liked to have seen was, yeah, after that whole confusing spiel at the end of reloaded where everyone was like
>ZOMG!@!?! is it a matrix inside a matrixk!?!?
To have just played it like that: yeah, there's a matrix inside a matrix, but not for the reason you'd think:

The machine is a benevolent AI, and it, in its infiinite wisdom, divined that the only way mankind could be happy/safe/not killing eachother all the time, would be to suspend them in a simulation. Thing is, those that were still not content would find themselves in another section of the simulation, and that the "real world" was completely different.

I find that somehow far more terrifying than what the AI/Machine we got.

>"They use our brains to think for them"
With that one sentece they could have easily explained it to even the most computer illiterate people.

Well, the "AI" characters displayed way too many human emotions for me to get that "scary AI" vibe from them.

Smith became less intimidating in proportion to how much emotion he displayed, for example.

At least to me that is.

It always felt like that was the original plan but was cut for some reason.

>as a child
>Animatrix
You're still a child then.

>yfw you realize that's not an xray - they just vivisected a man in half to look at how his brain responds to stimuli

There's an interesting article I read a few years ago about soldiers feeling empathy for machines.

isciencetimes.com/articles/6108/20130923/soldiers-robots-emotional-attachments-decisions-battle-julie-carpenter.htm

This is the way I've always envisioned it without knowing about that. When they're going about their jobs and other day to day activities in the matrix, they're not just doing busywork, they're performing useful tasks by virtual analog.

>the anti robot pogroms
>that one robot chick's boob coming out and adding a weird semi-sexual rape like element to her beating and death

My parents let me watch it because they liked the matrix and figured cartoons were always gonna be age appropriate, whoops.

This movie came out fifteen fucking years ago. Shut up

Boy, don't you back talk me or I'll send you outside to cut a switch.

They enlightened you with a pure kino at such an early age.
Truly great parents.

sauce?

Its from the fucking animatrix you pleb

My mother let me Evangelion when I was 12, you're fine

you fucking retard

TIME TO DRINK