You laughed

you laughed

admit it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZRXmX_KogI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go home FOX.

Even Seth said that joke was fucking awful.

At first, I did laugh. Then it just kept going.

Family Guy in a nutshell.

South Park did a similar joke and it was 10x more funny

I'm having a hard time thinking of a single good gore-related joke in an adult show and I just can't come up with one.

>South Park does a dead whale joke
>Focuses an entire episode around the buildup, mounting in absurdity until the punchline shows a still image of a dead whale on the moon behind the credits
>Family Guy does a dead whale joke
>Peter just rips apart a beached whale with a forklift for a solid minute (at least) because lol he's a dummy right

Thats current family guys biggest problem. It tries meta humor/anti humor way too much.

no

Absolutely not. It just got less and less funny as it went along.

I went to a library this weekend and there was a similar joke in a comic called Private Beach
Basically they released a seal named Slappy to the wild and everyone was cheering for it and hoping it'd reunite with its family with one woman calling the huge fuss stupid and that calling a seal Slappy is even more stupid
Then a killer whale popped out in the next page and ate Slappy whole with everyone,
including the woman calling the event stupid being completely shocked by it
Next page, one of the casually remarks that they never saw that many crying kids before in their lives

Nah. I found it creepy.

It would have been funnier if the whale was an obese man.

Anti-humor needs to be short and to the point for it to be effective.

They did it in the Reno 911 movie

No! I-It’s too mean spirited!

Family Guy's problem is that it never knows when to stop. Every time they make a "joke," they drop what would normally be the punchline and then keep going until it wears the audience out and the whole thing isn't funny anymore. A good example would be the old "AAAAAA-SSSSSSS-AAAAAA" thing. It's funny for about five seconds, but then they drag it on for almost a minute.

It's not mean spirited, it's just not funny.

I threw up.

I saw a commercial for shark week that was like this except a shark instead of an orca. Wonder which came first.

I always think of this comparison in regards to it.
Also this was just a retread of the frog he gets Chris in that one episode but what makes the frog at least somewhat humorous is how the handle Peter's stupidity.
The frog, Peter misreads a situation and then spends a great deal of time trying to get the frog outside but struggles with the box.
The whale is just too disturbing and their really isn't a reason for Peter to keep going/keep failing at what he's trying to accomplish.

Anyone got that Family Guy creepypasta greentext?

What about the dolphin and whale killings in the Japanese episode? I just rewatched it and the violence might have at least had a purpose beyond shock humor, but it still went a bit too far in my opinion. Except for the kamikazes toward the end, that was still funny

South Park wasn't as graphic. And the violence served a purpose for the plot.

dem silly Japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=JZRXmX_KogI

south park ripoff

I didn't. Shit was just creepy and gross.

wasnt any funnier.

>humor's absence
>laughing
What did OP mean by this?

As someone who drives one every day that forklift design triggers me.

should look more like pic related

I avoid family guy like a plague so no, I didn't laugh at it because I never saw it and never will

put your phone away and bring in some LPRs for us, Chris