He wasn’t satisfied with what he, Geoff Johns...

>He wasn’t satisfied with what he, Geoff Johns, and Chris Terrio had come up with- and yet WB had their foot on the gas pedal and actors like Jeremy Irons and Joe Manganiello were publicly discussing how filming would begin in the spring!
revengeofthefans.com/2018/02/09/revenger-report-curious-case-benjamin-affleck/
>Putting Geoff “I hate Batman more than Adolf Hitler” Johns in charge of Batman
>making Deathstroke the villain of the BATMAN movie
Are WB stupid? Of ALL the comic writers to help on the Batman film, they pick the one writer that actively hates Batman and admits it? Why not get someone like Grant Morrison or Scott Snyder or Paul Dini or Dennis O’Neil???!!! Instead you pick a person who has literally never read Batman comics for your Batman comic movie?

And you make Deathsroke the villain of your Batman movie? Why? So that you could shill for a future Deathstroke spin-off that won’t happen (especially since no one gave a shit about Deathstroke in JL after credits scene). No one cares about Deathstroke. And those that do don’t want him tied to Batman. You could have used Riddler, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, or Clayface.

Instead you make the Batman movie and ad for a future DCEU movie that won’t happen? Why? How can you be so dumb? Why not focus on making a GOOD Batman movie before shilling for other movies. And for the love of Grodd, keep Geoff “I hate Batman comics” Johns away from Batman. Put him on Superman or Shazam or Aquaman or someone similar.

How hard is it to make a decent Batman movie? This should be EASY. Yet it feels like they are actively trying to ruin Batman’s IP (knowing Johns that may be his secret plan).

>Are WB stupid?
Yes.
And so is Geoff Johns.

I wish comics were unpopular again. Let this shit die.

>Why not get someone like Grant Morrison or Scott Snyder or Paul Dini or Dennis O’Neil???!!!

because Geoff is the CCO

>Putting Geoff “I hate Batman more than Adolf Hitler” Johns in charge of Batman
You the same memester from Sup Forums?

Characterfags are pitiable, but Batfags are hilarious. Get some fucking taste.

And? WB asked him if he knew a Batman-writer/expert for the Batman film and he picked himself. He literally chose himself over many better writers and shit out a bad script just for free schekels.

I’m pretty sure the original Batman script had a cameo from Hal Jordan where he farts in Bruce’s face.

Thank heavens, that Reeves threw out Johns shitty script.

Go away, Geoff Johns.

There's definitely crossposters.

Go get triggered by Earth One, bitch

Why do people like Batman again? Better yet, DO people actually like Batman? Bruce Wayne is a sanctimonious piece of shit who actively schemes to murder all his "friends" in case they dare disagree with him on something.

>geoff writes batman as a flawed person that gets put in his place from time to time
>"oh this guy hates batman"

When will the meme end?

>Do people like this character that makes billions of dollars
Yes, Geoff Johns. People like Batman. Heck, more people like Batman than Green Lantern.

>flawed
He writes Batman as a complete retard that gets his butt kicked by everyone and needs saving from everyone. You only like his “flawed” version because you (like Johns) hate Batman.

What the character with no powers, needs help from his super powered friends a few times?
Oh the horror

>Are WB stupid?
>12 Strong
>The 15:17 to Paris
>Game Night
>Tomb Raider
>Ready Player One
>Rampage
>Life of the Party
>A Star Is Born
>Ocean's Eight
>Tag
>The Nun
>Teen Titans GO! To The Movies
>The Meg
>Crazy Rich Asians
>Smallfoot
>A Star Is Born
>Mowgli
>Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
>Aquaman
Do you really have to ask?

Hopefully Ben makes the jump like Fishburne so he can get some joy from being in a SUCCESSFUL comic book movie

There’s a difference between needing help and being a useless baby, Johns.

Apparently Batman's father is now a Nazi in the White Knight Batman. Huh.

Comics are unpopular. It’s Comic Book Movies that are popular.

Comics are already dead

Which is fucking hysterical because it's all DC has left

Those people are brain dead. Hal > Bruce
>B-b-but muh Batgod
Johns just made Batman the fallible human being Batfags claim he is while masterbatuing to the Batgod he’s actually portrayed as.

I don't think Johns "hates" Batman. I just think he doesn't have that great a grasp on him.

I think there are many better DC writers than Johns, so it's a little off-putting seeing him as WB's go-to "DC guru."

It’s hilarious how Injustice 2 got left out of EVO while MvCI sold millions of copies and got in. Oh wait.

Hopefully Based Reeves can save us. His Planet of the Apes movies were awesome. And since it’s been confirmed that’s Reeves has thrown out the old script, hopefully he also threw out Deathstroke as the villain and will get someone else.

>says increasingly desperate mouseketeer for the fifth time today

>>Tag
That sounds like an absolute kino, though.

THIS

>One month every year, five highly competitive friends hit the ground running for a no-holds-barred game of tag -- risking their necks, their jobs and their relationships to take one another down. This time, the game coincides with the wedding of the only undefeated player. What should be an easy target soon becomes an all-out war as he knows they're coming to get him.
Wha?

>The absolute delusion of mousefuckers.

Poor Ben, all his hopes and dreams gone...

>Grant Morrison
The guy can barely write comics, why would you want to meddle in movies?

t. Brainlet

>I’m pretty sure the original Batman script had a cameo from Hal Jordan where he farts in Bruce’s face.

No, it wasn't written by Snyder

Reeves should have been put in charge of the DCEU.

Meh, could be a lot worse. Geoff knows what casuals like so at least he’ll draw in some crowds. Plus, he has a decent background knowledge in comics.

Reeves will fix everything.

>in the hands of the right writer, an incredible way to examine mental illness, since all of his foes and even he himself is mad
>first character to come up with "the public face is the real mask", which everybody and their mother is now copying for their characters
vs
>some dude who went coo-coo and tried to destroy the universe before being brought back by author fiat
hmmmm

>And you make Deathsroke the villain of your Batman movie?
Because it worked out sssoooooo well for Arkham Origins. Oh wait!

>public face is the real mask",
You can not be this fucking casual. The first one to do that was Superman. Before Byrne Clark Kent was the mask for Superman. And the trend nowadays is to not have a secret identity at all thanks to the Iron Man movie. WW, Iron Man, Cap, BP, and others don’t have Secret ID’s

The first Fantastic Beasts was good. I don't really see why the second one is on that list.
Everything else, though...

Maybe he’s upset because Dumbledore won’t be openly gay. That’s a big controversy going on.

it's on the list because that list is every movie WB is putting out this year

>batfags are still mad that Johns didn't write him as perfect batgod

There is a balance between “batgod” and “useless retard who needs Alfred to shoot Penguin dead because he’s a weak pussy”, user.

Too bad Johns doesn’t know that....

>The first Fantastic Beasts was good

>"how dare he write Batman making mistakes and needing help"
disgusting

There’s a difference between “making mistakes and needing help” and making a character an incompetent retard that needs to be taught how to Detective and gets beat up by a brisk wind.

But you don’t care because you hate Batman (like Geoff Johns does) and we’re probably fapping so hard during every page. I’m sure you also liked The Last Jedi.

>a Batman at the start of his career needs to be taught how to Detective
I don't even particularly like Earth One but you have to realize what a retard you sound like

I know. It’s almost as hilarious as when people don’t write Superman as nice and perfect. MoS was Kino!

Whatever, Geoff Johns. Go back to raping Alan Moore’s works because your shitty Justice League run was so boring.

*drops the mic*

why are you so offended by a less-competent Batman in an alternate universe

I’m more offended that WB put him charge of the Batman movie. It’s like putting Adolf Hitler in charge of not killing Jews. And as bad as putting Zack Snyder of Superman.

Hell, Geoff Johns and Terrio’s script was so very horrible it made Ben Affleck sad and fat.

They couldnof put someone that actually likes and knows Batman to help with the Batman movie. Instead they let people who publically hate the character rape him.

You don’t see Disney doing this.

Sigh, it’s just so pathetic....

But I’m sure you don’t care because MUH LE CERAL GAWD MEMES XXDDDD

Putting a person who actually dislikes the Batman character in charge might be a good thing. Writers who love the protagonists of any story usually end up putting them on pedestals, giving them massive amounts of plot armour. So you never know, you may get a Batman movie that isn’t dull.

Because putting Zack “I hate Superman” Snyder in charge of Superman was a such a good idea!....NOT...

Meanwhile, Disney is making a talking tree and talking raccoon more inspirational. WTF?

>You don’t see Disney doing this.
well no, they fired Edgar Wright

>You don’t see Disney doing this.
>Meanwhile, Disney is making a talking tree and talking raccoon more inspirational. WTF?
ah, so it's this kind of thread

Edgar Wright wanted to make Pym evil because he hated him. They were protecting their character.

Can’t handle the Truth, hmmm?

Grant Morrison is literally the best superhero writer ever. If he was in charge of Batman movieverse it would be Kino (and I use that term unironically).

What happened to Ben?

To be fair Deathstroke wasn’t a main villian or in any way important in Origins. They just used him because of the whole assassins contracted to kill Batman plot. It wasn’t just Deathstroke it wa s many of them. The plot came first then Deathstroke not the other way around. Implying the game was bad because of Deathstroke is a stretch.

Deathstroke was one of the big selling points of the game/trailer. And he was boring. Deathstroke doesn’t work as a Batman villain even as a hired gun. Deathstroke should be his own movie or Teen Titans.

Did you play the game? Deathstroke was a minor villain in that game at best. It was just for the sake of marketing because believe or not Deathstroke is popular.

Just to give you perspective of how minor his role in Origins was: he showed up early to mid then there was this boss fight and his role finished. He never showed up again. He wasn’t even THE killer sent to kill Batman.

He what. Typical JKR making a big fuss about how diversity-friendly she is and then giving 0 shits about actually putting it in the material.

He also got tacked on to the final portion of Arkham Knight. For a fucking tank battle.

>that needs to be taught how to Detective
I know right? I can't believe Johns doesn't understand that Bruce was born an all knowing detective and actually had him have to learn how to be one.
>I’m sure you also liked The Last Jedi.
I fucking hated it.

I have no idea why dumbass Johnsfags ever attempt to defend Johns' notoriously terrible Batman writing. I think Johns is single-handedly responsible for more people disliking Batman than anyone else, because of how much of a fucking useless prick he writes him as. I don't understand how anyone could have read O'neil's/Dini's/Starlin's/Grant's/Moench's/etc. Batman and then end up with whatever fucking abomination Johns has written him as. The closest in characterization he ever got to was Waid's and Dixon's. But where Dixon wrote his thorniness as a character flaw, Johns writes it as the foundational aspect of the character. It's annoying reading a Johns story where Batman shows up, and is just an asshole who contributes pretty much nothing, and who often just exacerbates problems. It happens every time. His JSA, Justice League, Infinite Crisis, Green Lantern, etc. This is just how he views the character for some bizarre reason.

Johns' Batman: Earth One is probably the most telling example of Johns' ideas about Batman. It ignores pretty much every single foundational aspect about the character besides him being an orphan. It's basically "What If: Batman Was As Pathetic As He Is In My Wildest Dreams?" by Geoff Johns. And this is considered his BEST Batman work.

>*drops the mic*
Did that sound the least bit clever in your head you fucking brainlet?

>Batman: Year One has Batman fallible person who struggles just beating simple thugs and makes mistakes.
>Is one of the most acclaimed Batman stories ever
The "people only hate year one because is not about Batgod" meme is fucking retarded.

Hating Geoff Johns is impeccable taste.

Honestly, Johns should be fired as the CCO. He got his hack friends like Robinson, Cucka and Bendis writing gigs in the company. He's doing everything he can to retcon history and shill his works as masterpieces. He got Throne of Atlantis, Flashpoint and his JL arcs adapted. Now he wants another Flashpoint movie. He won't stop until everyone starts accepting it as the modern day Watchmen.
He's also using his powers for petty reasons and get revenge against Moore.

I see absolutely no reason why Deathstroke couldnt be in a Batman movie, apart from autistic fanboy screeching. They've fought before, he's been hired to kill Batman, it's definitely something different and new and thus potentially interesting.

Old age and lack of will to fight it.

Evil Pym would have been better than "hey I'm a crazy bad guy CEO killing people in bathrooms for no reason way before I ever supposedly got irradiated with the stuff that is meant to make you cuckoo if you don't wear a special protective suit"

he's like 50, you dumbass

Can't look at this picture without remembering same pose what trap char from Blend S anime had at one point, and I dont even watch that show.

MUH BATGOD REEEE JOHNS MY SCARE COW BATGOD

This
Johns just want to write batman as a noble but has some mental problem kind of human, like fire fighter. Not batgod.

I'm starting to think that everyone older than 40 have some form of brain damage that gets worse with age.
What year did they stop putting lead in gasoline?
I swear all these big name companies keep making crappy decisions that just boggle the mind

he went to DC instead of Based Marvel

>Earth one Batman: He is weak, but never hurts people and criminals, and he wants to save citizens
>Zack Snyder’s Batman: He is strong, but terrifies people and murders and tortures criminals, and he destroys cities

Well at least its better than DCEU Batman

lol there's nothing noble about Johns' Batman. He writes him as a completely self-centered hypocrite and abusive psychopath who looks down on literally everyone else despite the fact that he contributes literally nothing.

This. Paul Dini was the one top tier suggestion, though.

>Go back to raping Alan Moore’s works
Joke's on you, Alan Moore loves rape shit

>and he destroys cities

Oh, we've reached the point of just making shit up now, huh?