The God Butcher and God Bomb was never good. It was mediocre at best...

The God Butcher and God Bomb was never good. It was mediocre at best. They only get retroactive love because the Alt-Right infiltrated the comics community and they hate Whor(which is actually decent).

>Inb4”Tumblr!”
>Inb4thoseWhorpagesfrom3yearsago

Isn't Aaron's Dr Strange just his Thor run all over again

Thor just has a low standard set for him, people fapped themselves dry over shit like JMS's run as well.

Good art and writing that isn't god awful goes a long way with these Marvel characters that haven't had a comic in a quarter century.

See Zdarsky on Peter Parker and Charles Soule on anything.

Godbomb not being good doesn't make Whor better. It's quite possible for both to be equally mediocre for different reasons.

Godbomb was a bit much. It was too busy, and the plan was kinda silly.

God Butcher and Gorr in general are both awesome concepts. The Necrosword should make a comeback.

Nah, I remember pretty clearly because I didn't get the love for it at the time but God Butcher was popular from the get go.

The hell you say

At the time they came out they were considered the best run Thor had in years and guess what they still are

Fuck of with your contraian bs

>newfag that didn't read comics at the time tries to backpedal and say said comic wasn't loved at the time

Kys

Aaron keeps recycling his same old shit plots, and it’s really starting to bring him down in my eyes.

What? It's literally the opposite. It got insane amounts of love as it was coming out, but the second the whole "Jane becomes Worthy" thing happened, everyone around here retroactively started calling it "mediocre at best" and overrated because Aaron wrote it.

>anyone who disagrees with the hivemind is a newfag

Aaron is just ripping off and butchering Jurgens Thor.

>God Butcher and Gorr in general are both awesome concepts

That is basically Desak with the nameplate changed. Aaron's entire run is a poor man's version of the 90s Jurgens run on Thor.

Not really JMS run was still better even if he never got the chance to finish it.

God Butcher was one of best comic runs I've read. But I don't read much. But definitely top 5 marvel runs in the modern stuff I've seen. God bomb could have been better. But fine. Unworthy is interesting.

They were good comics, but Gorr is a pretty shitty villain. And the laser sharks were silly.

yeah a guy who fucking hates magic keeps getting magic books for some reason.

Actually retard.
> Butcher/Bomb became among the greatest comics I have ever read when it came out.
> I am hardcore anti modern social justice. (see pic related as to why)
> AND YET I find Whor decent.

> They only get retroactive love because the Alt-Right infiltrated the comics community
There is no Alt-Right beyond a couple hundred retarded neo nazis.
Conservative readers speaking out against badly written forced diversity characters that are elevated by the classic characters being dragged through the mud has nothing to do with the Alt-Right.

>That is basically Desak with the nameplate changed. Aaron's entire run is a poor man's version of the 90s Jurgens run on Thor.
Yes they are similar but it was improvement on it in every way.
Villain is actually menacing both visually and otherwise, Desak looked like a burn victim in a male stripper outfit, villains mindset explored further, enriched the Thor mythology with flashbacks and flash forwards that would not just be erased later on like the dark future Jurgens created. Didn't leave any loose plot threads like the partner paramedic framing Olsen and nothing ever coming of it.
Much better art.
The team up between Thors was tangibly fun and kept things from becoming too dark.

>God Butcher and Gorr in general are both awesome concepts.

No they aren't. Well at least Aaron's implementation of them wasn't.

Gorr was fine until he became just an r/atheism Hitler. Your whole motivation to kill all the gods is because they didn't take care of you and your people? Nigga you're just dooming everything to that exact fact asshole. Your whole fucking life experience is a testament to why the gods are necessary.

What's that? You finally found a god who seems to care and is taking care of his people calling into question your motives and introducing a chance at actual character development? Nah senpai gods are bad mkay because my hate.

Aaron is a shit writer.

Look at you and your logic. You must watch Rick and Morty.

Every now and then you do this user, no one is forcing you to like one of the best comic runs ever, just move on.

>Laser sharks
Space sharks and lava sharks sure, but I've never seen a laser shark on Thor God of Thunder run.

This was hugely praised at the time you fucking shill.

Five star amazon reviews, considered to be the not only the best Thor run, but the best modern comic series. Let the hate run through your anus

>hey only get retroactive love because the Alt-Right infiltrated the comics community and they hate Whor(which is actually decent).
Why would that change their opinion of a comic by the same creator?

OP is a faggot.
I thought it was just okay, but there were lots of anons who loved it

It's a good jumping on point and has gorgeous art.

Is it the best Thor story? No, but it's a reasonably nice starting point if someone wants to check out Thor.

It was VERY good until like issue 4 or 5 of God Butcher. Whichever one had Aaron cop out and give up on the extremely interesting premise of telling the same story through the three different viewpoints of the three Thors to resolve everything with time travel bullshit since he wasn't a creative enough writer to keep those diverse settings and viewpoints that made the book special in the first place.

God Bomb was straight up juvenile action figure trash.

agreed, I prefer The Accursed. He made Malekith terrifying and I like that he had him win in this