ITT: only the best adaptations

ITT: only the best adaptations

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WH6EngcSlVs
youtu.be/930H_ZRExbg?t=8
venturebeat.com/2017/12/11/game-boss-interview-new-ceo-pete-hawley-will-focus-telltale-on-its-core-strengths/view-all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>do everything in my power to protect him
>still becomes an asshole

At least his skin is intact

SHUT UP LANA

You didn't do everything in your power then mate. If you let him burn down the mansion and stay his friend constantly, don't fight him either, it'll show at the end Harvey will remember that. If you are a dick to him and don't let him work through his madness it'll say Two Face.

Dent was a little bitch in this game

Telltale games only ever give you the illusion of choice.

Anyone else feel like Dent's and Bruce's models should be swapped?

See People that say that dumb shit have only done 1 playthrough. In Batman it's literally different levels depending on your choices.

In the same vein

I wouldn't say best, but I really enjoy this take on the big guy. I just hope he still has a role to play in the finale.

I feel like they are setting him up as the big bad in S3. Establishing the reason he hates Batman and knows Bruce is Batman in this season.

Yeah it kinda surprised me at first how buff he looked, especially compared to Bruce.

Cont.

But it was probably to make him look more intimidating when he went all 'Big Bad Harv' on you.

This.

Wouldn't be that cool if he was a manlet in comparison to Bruce. Him going insane wouldn't have nearly as much impact

Plus, him getting violent (going to hit Selina) wouldn't have the same effect

Maybe. I think Ra's will probably have a presence in the next season.

Only Harvey Dent I've ever cared about. Similarly, Telltale's Bigby, and all of the Fables characters really, were better than in the original comics. Atmosphere too. Too bad they always fall apart toward the end and the "choices" are such bullshit.

He was actually pretty well characterized. I enjoyed how you questioned if he was just using Bruce for his money and was corrupt like the rest of them, but then even with that truth serum in him he was still declaring that he cared about the city and its people and wanted to change things for the better. When that all gets bastardized by the poison and his own psychosis it's sad as fuck.

>what is the Kenny vs Jane choice that changed how the game ended and led to different flashbacks in New Frontier

>If you let Harvey Dent burn down a mansion

I'm assuming this is a gangster's mansion, and that he's not pulling a Cheney on a grand scale with Bruce's shit.

>dude what if we got passed the Joker abusing Harley relationship by making Harley abuse JOKER?
>this way we can sorta keep the toxic relationship AND not piss off the Feminists!
>best adaptation
No. Not in the least bit user.

>not liking femdom
Sup Forums is the second gayest board for a reason I guess

To be fair I'm abusive to Joker too, sooo yeah.

Here you go, buddy. Looked like you were having troubled grabbing it.

I dig it. When it comes to doctors and patients the abuse usually only flows one way and it's not coming from the patients.

Oh yea. He was definitely supposed to be overcompensating. That part where he wanted to avoid Bruce but still get funded by him was something straight out of high school. Even in the first scene at the party it's obvious he's out of his depth. He wants to know the Whos Who of Gotham and not get left out. He's awkard and cringy.

Didn't Harleen sleep her way into Med School? Like, her original goal was to be a gymnast. If she was a good psychiatrist she wouldn't have been so easily manipulated. This Harleen seems like a competant womyn that moonlights as a bad guy as a hobby.

Nah this wa some of the few Bruce Waynes I found handsome. The Arkham one is disgusting

It's not really out of high school, it's about him seriously wanting to make a difference and knowing he needs Bruce's help to do it. The point is he's supposed to start looking like he's a piece of shit who just wants the office but then is proven to actually be committed to making worthwhile change when forced to speak the truth. But the only way he could do that was to be elected, and he needs Bruce to both help and hide for that to happen after the hit Bruce's reputation took.

Him being out of his depth with the big players was supposed to show that he's still "clean" compared to them all. He's not attached to or associated with the criminal underbelly yet. Bruce doesn't ever want him to be and at the start of the game he recognizes that if Harvey isn't careful, he could easily become one of those corrupt people who thinks the ends justify the means. Which was a character conflict that blew up in a cool way when Harvey went full nutso and literally blew up buildings for what he thought would help the cause.

Not as a hobby, but with a goal. That goal being finding a cure to her mental illness that she heritated from her father

They didn’t keep the relationship. No matter what you choose Joker betrays Harley at the end

No he doesn't. In the villain ending he helps her and they disappear together.

Pretty sure he jumps off the bridge solo in both endings

I don't know man. The way he tells Bruce to play nice with the known mobster because we need his vote, seems a little shady to me. Like he has some idea of how to play the game but has no idea what he's getting into.

He does not. He jumps off with Harley in villain.

Because the point is he's not involved with them but is expressing willingness to be if it furthers his cause. That's why Bruce is worried about him from the start. Harvey is the definition of the road to hell is paved with good intentions and Bruce was watching the beginning of that path.

Skip to 5:30
youtube.com/watch?v=WH6EngcSlVs

Well it was interesting because of two things.
First, it put John Doe into a position where he's developing still, which lets Bruce and Joker interact in a way that's less instantly antagonistic but it also lets you control his path a little.
Secondly. having Harley be more brutal actually gives her some purpose and power in the schemes, since it's implied she's the better fighter and smarter tactician of the two of them.

Anyone else prefer season 1 to 2. Seeing Bruce go autistic over his dad and dealing with hate from so many sources was more enjoyable for me than the villain interactions. I guess I liked it more because it was much more focused on Bruce as a person

Citation needed for all points.

Not that user but here's the citation

youtu.be/930H_ZRExbg?t=8

If the game isn't Open World or MMO why would I buy it when I can watch several youtubers play through?

What are you talking about? Check those eyes

Yes and this was a great scene

Keep watching dumbass

I agree. They had to come up with a lame excuse to have Bruce undercover with the villains. Also, besides Joker and Harley, the other villains feel like an afterthought. Season one did a better job fleshing out Penguin, Two-Face, and Lady Arkham.

I feel like things are also happening that don't really matter that much. Gordon's pissed off and getting pushed out of his own jurisdiction and you have the chance to side with or against him? Whatever, he'll disappear for most of the game anyways. Lucius Fox is assassinated and Bruce is angry and mourning in the first episode? Well it doesn't really factor in later other than his daughter bugging you yet still being useless. I feel like they lost the plot somewhere along the line here. Alfred having health issues? You'll forget all about that until one scene each game comes up where you think "oh yeah, I guess that's still a thing".

It was only implied in one comic. The idea was always more that Joker is that powerfully magnetic than she was weak minded.

I love Arkham Origins version of the large lad. Rocksteady's version was shit, kudos to WB Montreal.

Both AO and Telltale Bane also happen to share the same voice actor, who was also voiced Alfred before.

Welcome to telltale games. Where you can be the most Bipolar weirdo in a game featuring Bipolar weirdos

I miss Riddler. ;_; I would've loved to see some science talk between him and Freis or antagonism between him and notJoker

She's the only Harley that looks good.

Oh my god, thank you.
Rocksteady can't into attractive character models. Moreso with men.

I think they did alright. Bane giving Bruce a major beating is as good a reason as any. I will agree about wishing they did more with Bane and Freeze. I think Riddler got the most love besides John. Even after his death his presence is still felt and we still learn about him.

I wish we got to see Riddler's dynamic with Bane. Especially since Bane is the only one in the Pact to consider Riddler a friend. Riddler helping him escape Peña Duro no doubt sealed their bond. A shame we didn't get to talk to Bane about it more.

Fight me.

Woodhouse, your punishment will begin when I return.

I'm going to play them both back to back once Season 2 is finished to make a judgment for sure. Season 1 was a better personal journey for Bruce, for sure. However, I really love Season 2 because of the Pact. Seeing all the bat rogues interact is something I always enjoy. Not to mention Gordon gets a lot more to do this season (and he has a better mustache to boot). Personally, Season 2 is more consistently enjoyable for me. I loved Season 1 but felt like some elements of Episodes 4 and 5 could have been fleshed out more like the first three episodes of the season. Season 2 needed more Bane and Freeze. Both very enjoyable seasons overall.

Forgetting my image probably won't help public view on my opinion.

Is it gonna have a third season?

Selina? Selina. Selina!
SELINAAAAAAAAAA!

I hope so. I can already see some setup for the third Season with SANCTUS potentially leading up to Ra's Al Ghul. Project Lotus especially gives me Lazarus Pit vibes. However, an interview with the Telltale CEO a while ago made it seem like it'll either never happen or at the very least will take a lot longer to come out than Season 2 following Season 1. We're talking potential TWAU waiting between Seasons 1 and 2 long.

your imagination dude.

Even the "bad" ending where he jumped alone is gonna be like "Bane or Harley" in the episode 3, the game doesn't have real options here it's gonna result John and Harley planned their fight

WHAT?!

Considering how rushed TWD has been, I'm okay with this possibility.

I don't follow TWD, was it bad?

The drop in quality only feels worse than it is because it was such a high starting point. The following seasons have their flaws sure, but they're more forgettable than outright bad. Still, rushed.

Here's the link:

venturebeat.com/2017/12/11/game-boss-interview-new-ceo-pete-hawley-will-focus-telltale-on-its-core-strengths/view-all/

The Batman specific portion:

>Pete Hawley (Telltale CEO):

We made the decision, going into 2018, that it’s better for us to get to three games next year and do our very best work again. Give ourselves some breathing room, time, space, get back to some real innovations. We’re closing the Walking Dead storyline with season four. We want to get back to our best with that. That’s coming in the summer. We’ll close out Batman in the first half of next year. We have a new IP that I can’t announce yet, but we’re really excited about it. We’re doing that for Q4.

>GamesBeat: Is it fair to say that we might see fewer things like Batman and more things based on newer IP?

>Hawley: Yeah, for sure. We’re very proud of Batman. Some of the more recent reviews have said it’s the best treatment of the Joker as a character they’ve read for decades. I think we’re still doing great work. It’s done well for us. But really I think we’re best when we get back to the grittier, deeper, darker side with some of the IP we’ve worked with, and when we’re given real freedom of choice. We’re not playing in worlds or with characters that have very specific sets of rules and ideals and approval processes around them. We have more freedom when we take our own path.

I loved the way The Walking Dead S1 looked, I'm upset they didn't keep it.
It perfectly captures TWD style while looking like a game and a comic at the same time. Season 3 is fucking hideous, everything looks like blended, melted Unreal assets that aren't done loading.

>Name my band

My God, it sounds like really dead.

Straight Outta Macon

It definitely doesn't inspire hope for the future of the series. It's strange the Hawley talks about how they don't get much creative freedom with IPs like Batman, yet Telltale Batman has had so much of it. What they did with Thomas Wayne, Penguin and especially Vicki Vale in Season 1 really showed people Telltale was doing their own thing. Those statements are bizarre.

Every episodic based game does.

DC is releasing a comic based on Telltale Batman I thought that was a good sign but Hawley sounds like they don't like to work with DC.

Maybe there's potential (depending on how Episode 5 plays out) for a Suicide Squad Telltale series featuring Bane, Harley and maybe a few new faces. That way Telltale can deal with more gritty and rough choices. Hopefully that's the new IP they are talking about.

This.

Telltale Bruce Wayne looks kinda like David Mazzucchelli's Bruce Wayne from Year One (who was modeled after Greg Peck). He has that pretty boy look. Personally, seeing as Bruce Wayne is supposed to be the last guy you'd expect to be The Batman, I think it makes sense to make him a pretty boy. Also why I think sexy Christian Bale's looks really suited Wayne.

Arkham Wayne looks like the kind of guy you'd look at and go "so, that's Batman, right?" Permanent frown, super buff, no personality.

the approval process would apply to that too

The only person more disappointed in Arkham Knight's version of Hush that we were was Tommy himself. He's going to spend the rest of his life as an ugly NFL quarterback without the mercy of an early death from brain damage.

Developers ditch the artstyle to make things more realistic and serious despite all of S3 being a joke.

I enjoy Telltale Bruce too. I always thought prettier Bruces worked with the playboy aspect of his character; the spoiled hot rich guy you'd never imagine was getting down and dirty and risking his life for others.

He's pretty compelling personality-wise too even beyond the choices you make for him. I feel for the guy in every game and he doesn't fall into becoming a stoic cardboard cutout badass.

>pretty bruces
I only remember Bruce from the Batman being really young looking. He still looked intimedating in the suit. It's hard to do but it can be done.

You must really hate the original if you think an adaptation that essentially wrote its script by saying 'and then the opposite of what you think would happen happens' is the best adaptation.

It's not clever. After the first episode, it because predictable as fuck.

Harvey "Beta Male" Dent

Does that really look like a Beta to you?

Considering he got cucked by Bruce and turned into a whiny bitch, yeah

>it's another "Troy's character gets to make out with my wife's character" episode for Travis
At least Troy isn't invited to their D&D club

>Jane kills herself when she finds out she's pregnant
Jesus.

>Chad getting cucked by the angry emo kid
Omae Wa Mu Shindiru

>It's another stealth fujobait thread
Fuck off.

>Supposedly learn a lesson about doing what's best for the people you love the season prior
>Kill yourself and your unborn child and leave a little girl and infant on their own to defend against hordes of undead.

Who the fuck wrote this stupid bitch character.

I think after the stunt she pulled with Kenny no one should be surprised of anything. That retarded beyond compare.

My point is that writing and characters this bad shouldn't be a thing, Jane is completely irrational, even though she's never SUPPOSED to appear that way, they make Kenny out to be irrational in S2 when he's acting so much better than all of the cast. I don't know why they even had to include Jane, she feels so hamfisted after she came back. The fight should have been between Luke and Kenny, it would have been more dramatic for the player at the very least.

Not to come off as Sup Forumstard but I think she was added to fill the strong woman role and be a role model for Clem that way. Because let's face all the women in Season 2 so far were shit from a survival perspective.

Yeah, probably.

If they wanted Kenny to actually be irrational, they could have had him cut off Jane as she was explaining herself and gone straight to the fight, instead of Jane go all "WATCH THIS, CLEM! HE'S GONNA COME BACK AND END ME FOR ABANDONING A FUCKING BABY."

The problem with Arkham Bruce isn’t that he is bara. The problem is that he looks like this. It’s entirely the face just ugly ugly not ugly cause buff ugly.

I don’t mind Affleck Bruce.

Why can't Telltale make the first good Superman game? It's quite simply the only format that would work for the character without pulling Kryptonite out of their ass all the time.

The different flashbacks that serve to kill off the surviving character further cementing the choice was an illusion. Changing how the game itself ended was an improvement but it was just the choices right at the end of the game and they railroad it at the start of the next one.

I don't know, sounds perfectly in character for her.

Am I retarded to not see it coming? Maybe I was too focused on the established comic book story.

Dent's arc only really makes sense if you let him get burned then have an affair with selena.
That way he has a reason to hate you and doesn't just come across as a petty jealous asshole.