Just basing it on its level of weirdness...

Just basing it on its level of weirdness, not other traits or how you liked it as the show's finale or an episode or anything.

How weird was Bill's Weirdmageddon on a scale of 1 to 10?

That scene where the giant head of a rapist started sexually harassing people was pretty weird, I'm not sure what Hirsch was thinking with that one.

It was basically a standard apocalypse with somewhat unusual monsters walking around.

6, I'd say
the bubbles of weirdness or whatever they were called plus the change of the intro

He could've been a lot weirder.
The first 2 minutes were weird, specifically mixing up Preston's face. But I wish he did more creative things. He just makes himself large in like every fight scene he's in, instead of doing something fun.

OP here

I'd personally give it a 3, Bill talks a big game but it couldve been A LOT weirder. he didnt even mix up gravity from what I recall.

Ehhhh...6. I’d say 6 because of the scene where they’re driving and shit gets weird and then the new title sequence which was nice. But if they had balls about it and really went in with “shit gets weird for long consistent scene and not just in a flash while driving” then they would’ve gotten MAJOR points for that.

5/10 sorta weird but it ain't no Uzumaki.

if 1 is super low effort lol so random
and 10 is full on 40k warp shenanigans
eh I'd give it a 4, there was a distinct lack of uncomprehensible proportions and architecture

Yeah I was being extremely generous with a 6. I’m gonna drop it down to 4 simply because of missed potential.
You remember that episode of Amazing World of Gumball where Richard got a job and shit got weird?
THAT in their 11 minute stretch was better and more unique than the entire Weirdmadgeddon special combined. Hell even other regular episodes of AWOG do it consistently better, and they weren’t even trying. It should’ve been and Escher horrorscape because that’s what they were at least trying to imply. Such a lost and missed moment of potential.

>TAWoG still hasn't had it's end of the world episode yet
It'll probably just be 11 minutes and more of the same but I just want the show to end already at this point while I can still say the show was great and didn't go Zombie-tier.

You guys don't understand. Which of these two options is weirder?
>Guy says he'll make everything weird
>Makes everything weird
or
>Guy says he'll make everything weird
>Literally just turns the sky red and makes a bunch of spoopy monsters
Bill was working on a whole other level.

4. It was weird but in a very predictable LOL RANDUMB way

Pretty tame desu. Needed more actually cool monster designs and not just ugly lip thing and louis cks head

Loved most of the show but what a lackluster ending.
>All those hints at Bills papputmaster plans turned out to just be "lol smash thing so a portal opens"
>Bill's true motive turns out to just be to fuck shit up
>Bill's dimension turns out to just be "lol randumb" even after the staff suggested it would be a flatland homage
>literally no explanation why Bill's influence couldn't spread past the town limit, even Bill didn't understand
>mystery shack mecha is goofy
>Bill dies so the portal instantly closes, and everything resets despite the portal not even being made by bill in the first place
At least they killed Bill in a clever way I really liked

Bill rearranging Northwest's face was genuinly horrifying. Other than that, pretty standard apocalypse.

>At least they killed Bill in a clever way I really liked
His death animation was slick but I can't believe they tricked a billion year old trickster demon so easily, and it's not like he's not familiar with Ford's mind. But Bill was such a jobber throughout that I guess it's not too unbelievable.

He also got thoroughly outsmarted by a dimwitted little girl in his second appearance.

I imagine bill was never meant to be the final antagonist.

Bill was never particularly threatening and like states at the very most felt like a minion to an actual bigger threat.

Gideon was unironically a more threatening villain then Bill.

He was built up to be important from the start, but perhaps not the actual bigbad

Maybe a 4. or a 5., a few designs were cute and the rift itself and the Fearamid were striking (the rainbow lights color scheme) but most of it was just generic smashed buildings apocalypse + generic monsters. Really tame and not trippy at all. It should have looked like the Mindscape in Dreamscaperers which had a stronger, creepier, and more memorable aesthetic. The Psychonauts-ish stuff was good there.

Before the finale people though "omg keikaku puppetmaster Bill lost on purpose" which to be fair jibes with Bill pulling an Arthas in his first appearance and just shutting the fight down. That was kind of cool and impressive, like he could have ended it at any time and had labyrinthian shit going on where he was manipulating everybody. But no, it turns out he really did just lose like an idiot. That was the big problem with the finale, by confirming Bill never had some big clever scheme like assumed, it retroactively made him a less impressive villain than many assumed rewatching the series.

It was like the opposite of the ending to The Shawshank Redemption w/ Andy.

To be fair The Job is the best episode of Gumball. Most Gumball episodes are really normal.

It did give us one good thing.

>It was like the opposite of the ending to The Shawshank Redemption w/ Andy.

How so?

i can't believe Bill's friends didn't have any special abilities and pretty much no dialogue. ah well.

I liked her original design better.

>Gideon was unironically a more threatening villain then Bill.

Despite Bill's problems, this feels a bit like a contrarian opinion. Gideon's what, 5 years old, and he's a bit too laughable to be threatening in any way really. I mean he's a more interesting bad guy than Bill turned out to be because he's a more complicated character but that doesn't take much. I don't think the majority of the audience would have taken him too seriously.

We already know that in his original concept, Bill was just supposed to be a gag character that appeared once an ep. in Dipper's dreams to make a conspiracy theory joke. But given the foreshadowing and clues and being mentioned in the Journal in the first episode, I'm pretty sure Bill was the main/endgame villain by the time they actually started writing the show in earnest. I just think either that cut some ideas and wound up weakening the character and threat or didn't have that much there after all. There's lots of nasty or bizarre or crazy shit Bill could have done to make him scary since mind control, possession, nightmare haunting and so on are all scary abilities to have.

At the end of The Shawshank Redemption you learn that the protagonist, Andy Dufresne, had this brilliant, convoluted, elaborate escape plan he's been laying foundations for over years and the whole movie. Before then he seems bright but you don't think of him as too brilliant. When you watch the movie again, though, you see his character as being brilliant to put all the pieces in place unnoticed by the other characters in the audience.

When a lot of fans first watched GF with all the LORE and hints and notes Bill dropped in codes and shit, people thought he had some big elaborate, weird, mysterious plan that would become clear later and in retrospect you'd understand things like why he seemed to throw the fight in Dreamscaperers. That when he seemed to lose, he had actually successfully gotten the characters to do something or accomplish something. Instead, his only plans were party and smash shit and "take over the world" (the latter one maybe being even more disappointing for a chaos demon) and he doesn't seem to have ever had much of a plan or to have been manipulating things behind the scenes like we thought. When you watch the series again, you realize that for all the hype and build up, there's not much to the character or the plot beyond the twin revelation. It's not really bad for a kids' cartoon to be like that but a lot of people thought there would be more to it.

I like the designs (especially Pyronica) but they were introduced way too late and said and did nothing. They were pretty pointless.

wow I keep seeing Gravity Falls being ripped on in like every other thread for the past couple days

And?

People here overstate its problems because of the hiatuses and hype from back when it was airing mostly. It's just fine really and we should just move on.

Yes.

I'm not saying it to sound contrarian, throughout his run Gideon was pretty good villain. He was the one that summoned Bill in the first place and was far closer to outright killing the Twins then Bill.

Hell in his first appearance he almost cut Dippers tongue. I don't think Bill ever did anything close to that morbid to the twins directly, even when he took Dippers body.

Not to mention Gideon is a normal human, albeit with some crazy tech. Compared to Bill who's an immortal demon with powers. Even from prison Gideon could cause Gravity Falls trouble.

>turn the town orange
>bring your meme monster friends for a party
>???
>profit, you've made a "weird" "apocalypse"
Pretty fucking weak/10.

This is one of those things that I kind of agree with when you really think about it, but I remember when Gideon was the bad guy a big complaint I saw from people watching the show was that it didn't have a good villain and he seemed too lightweight. Maybe they could have changed that but they could have changed it with Bill, too. Gideon was fine for the role he had and was funny, but didn't seem to get audiences too interested as an arc villain instead of a wacky occasional bad guy. Maybe people just have bad taste, those were just my observations.

Well I for one always thought Bill was dumb. Granted I'm willing to admit Gideon is probably only seen as a great villain more so in comparison to the lack of any real recurring threats and since Gideon was different in the sense that he was, his achievements in comparison looked more "grandeur" then it actually was.

That said I never and will never understand how and why anyone thought Bill was particularly better then most one offs. Remember that shapeshifting alien from the second episode of season 2? He was fucking rad. He should've been the arc villain, he even had personal ties with Ford so they could've worked that into the story.

>while I can still say the show was great and didn't go Zombie-tier.
Too late for that.
I still have hopes for the series finale, though, Ben's been planning it since the show's inception, I'm sure he'll try his best to end the show on a good note.

I'm pretty sure he already left.

>current gumball
>no Zombie tier

>mfw Pyronica, The Aeons Torn
>mfw Pyronica, The Promised End

Fun fact: that fucker is based on a real artifact.

4. Maybe some weird monsters, but nothing all that impressive.

that picture was the only neat thing in the entire 2 hour finale, that form looked cool, I especially like the colorblend outlines

the only weird/creative part of it that wasn't LE RANDUM WHACKY MONSTERS XD was the part where Wendy and Dipper get turned into their VAs. Low effort. Expected better from Hirsch for all the effort he put into the series. 2/10.

Honesty I kind of wish Bill had just stayed in the "Shiva" six arms form and rained mindless destruction on the town and ceased to be a comprehensible character, becoming just a force of destruction. That's what I thought was going to happen, and I thought that seemed boring at the time, but now it seems better than what actually happened.

I wish his final form was a bit weirder.

>Hey you, I wanna talk to you about fucking my wife
>I really think you wanna fuck her
>Hello?! Why aren't you fucking my wife?!
That was a bit weird

>I wish his final form was a bit weirder.

yeah.

This. I was bored. I went in all set for some Alice-in-Wonderland-on-meth craziness but it didn't even reach Wizard of Oz-tier, never mind pic related. 4/10, see me after class. At approximately 4:20PM.

The Armageddon was really really tame, I was expecting real full chaos, actual disturbing stuff that you could subtly put on TV for children to slip. But no, it felt like going inside a building was a safe place. Which made me lose a lot of tension. If there was at least one creature that could access homes I would've been on the edge of my seat.

That's an angel.

Speaking as a fan of the show in its entirety, as somebody who truly did enjoy it from start to finish, but also as somebody who is able to acknowledge its flaws:

Weirdmageddon was fine but Bill never truly felt as threatening and evil as he did when he was using Dipper's body as a puppet. That was SUPER fucked up, the way he just kept hurting himself was almost gross. Like, uncharacteristically meanspirited for Gravity Falls and it gave Bill's presence serious menace.

Weirdmageddon was pretty good, but also a pretty standard generic apocalypse for apocalypse's sake. I'd give it a firm 6/10 for an otherwise 8-9/10 series.

I didn't really feel like they were drawing inspiration from anything and I guess that's kind of a problem when you're trying to make something deliberately strange. I'm no animator, I'm no artist, but it would have been much more interesting and jarring to have had a change in style for the monsters. If the shading were all different, if the lines were all different, if their movements were all jagged and their faces opened all wrong, y'know?

And back to what I was saying about inspiration: there is precedent for the unsettling and the strange. Not to discredit the very hardworking team at all, but speaking as a writer, it can be VERY hard to come up with a whole new kind of odd. Part of me feels like they were told not to make it too scary. Bill's monster friends only wanted to hang out and party, and they all looked like they belonged in the universe of the show. Between shapeshifting demons and rainbow puking gnomes and mermen and giant spider women, it just didn't feel "weird" or "mgeddon"y to have an eyeball with bat wings.

yeah one easy way to make something "off" from the show its in is to have it artstyle/shading/lines be different

to use an Sup Forums reference the Anti Spiral and their inital attacking units which were cgi. and the Anti Spiral itself is a sketchy always animated humanoid mess. which came off as slightly off in relation to the more normalish designs of the rest of the cast.

Also to bring it back to Sup Forums Courage the Cowardly Dog, the king Ramses shit "Return the Slab" dude and like a ton of other shit in there.

There are many more ways to make shit look weird and creepy but thats a relatively simple manner of doing so.

what the fuck is that thing, I do not want to see that in a ark alley or basement.

It's from Fantastic Planet, which is an AMAZING movie to watch and a very boring movie to pay attention to. The art is awesome and the animation is kind of shitty which lends to a creepiness. The story is lame. But the soundtrack is amazing.

Exactly what I mean! Some of those scenes in Courage (Not a Farmer comes to mind) can fuck with me even now. Plus the perspective being all warped and odd, with uncomfortably long and somehow rounded hallways, and a creeping persistent score, damn, Courage was the real Weirdmageddon.

So I guess, I mean, I didn't really think Weirdmageddon was BAD, it just failed to live up to the hype of the series and didn't do a great job of being weird. Plus, I think everyone can agree that the 22 minutes of Mabel Land really wrecked the momentum of the finale.

Personally, I don't think Bill was ever more menacing and gruesome as when he was using Dipper's body as a puppet. That was BLEAK.

Weirdmageddon would have been so much better if Pyronica was in charge
>Ruling from her throne within her massive floating Clitadel above the town
A perpetual storm of Lust Bubbles swirling across the wasteland below, acting as a moat
>Flying DSLs succing up victims and bringing them back to her stronghold

yeah some psychopathic, giddy mind demon gleefully inflicting pain on your body that he is currently inhabiting? Thats fucking horrifying.

>Version where Bill burns himself, laughing madly while Dipper's skin begins to melt.

2/10. Standard apocalypse scenario, barely anything that goes even remotely outside the box aside from the reality-breaking bubbles. Bill himself is also quite uncreative for someone who wants to "get weird", since he never did anything other than making himself bigger occasionally.

He isn't that weird, 2/10. Junji Ito make weirdest things all the time.

Sup Forums how would you fix Bill Cipher?

By putting him on adult swim or something instead of Disney. Being in a kids show was his greatest weakness. He was never allowed to do anything truly creepy or interesting, but at the same time they made his entire character seem "creepy and interesting" so the finale was automatically disappointing when he never really went very far with his powers.

I think if Alex did his true Season 3 vision he'd have been the Season 2 threat, with NWHS being the season finale. It'd have used "Trust No One" very well, Dipper even said it himself, if he got into town they'd never be able to trust anyone ever again. Instead he never came back and the trust no one thing had no real payoff except when Mabel trusted Blendin/Bill but that didn't even have weight to it because everyone forgot that she did that after the episode ended.

Same, either in a going mad with power thing and he doesn't even think of what he's doing and he's just controlled by the urge, or because he's genuinely fucked up and he just wanted suffering. Instead he was a fucking joke.
>that retarded rocket car he and his friends rode in
>most of his screentime during the first 2 episodes in the apocalypse was sitting in his throne drinking punch with his friends who were just mingling
absolutely embarrassing.

The whalefish in that image at the top middle under the subs reminds me that there were whales floating in the sky in Weirdmageddon I

>If there was at least one creature that could access homes
I was expecting Illuminati undertones like Bill being able to come through TVs and anything where a triangle with an eye was, like the attic window, the gift shop's carpet, and maybe even anything with one eye like that meatball thing in the gift shop, he'd just form in a different shape or whatever.

They really dropped the illuminati shit in S2. His backstory was weak too, "I'm from a flat dimension"? They could've pulled some conspiracy shit out of their ass, and Alex wet himself all the time to illuminati references, remember the Disney Meeting tweet?

>Part of me feels like they were told not to make it too scary
They got away with worse, they didn't even push the envelope with the monster designs or anything creepy happening in the weirdmageddon arc

Who is the baby in ATOTS?

Also give him better motives.

he jobbed pretty hard to a 60 year old man

It makes sense though, he had no access to Ford's mind, and why would he bother checking Stan's?

4 - 6 / 10

I remember thinking "is this it?" Props for trying I guess. Only so much you can do on Disney XD.

Into The Bunker's mabel/dipper hybrid was more fucked up than anything in Weirdmageddon, and on sister networks like Nicktoons or XD you can have a bit more freedom because it's not as viewed or "the frontrunner" of the company, which is presumably how they even got to do what they did in Season 2A, there was crazy shit in there but Alex wore himself down and only wanted to do 10 episodes, Disney said 20 is their seasonal limit, and he pushed to 10 and started slacking in the final few due to being tired.

I wouldn't be surprised if after NWHS, if Alex wouldn't have been trying to get the series over with while also being a bit directionless, the plan was to have the shapeshifter come back, it'd be easy as fuck with how they left it.

>Ford goes back to his bunker
>Hasn't seen Dipper for awhile, finds the frozen shapeshifter in his Dipper form
>Ford panics without thinking and lets him out, he ends up playing along and gets out of the bunker
>Arc begins

>if he got into town they'd never be able to trust anyone ever again.
That paranoia aspect is the big thing they could have done well that was missing. Remember how crazy Ford was checking everybody's eyes since everybody in the town could potentially be Bill? The could have done that, and some things like the Northwest tapestry made you think he might have servants or agents too. It's been a long time since I saw Twin Peaks but I thought its ur-Bill, Bob, had a big conspiracy around him with multiple intrigues and shit. Bill just popped in for two random episodes before everything really got going to no effect.

Then they'd go back to episodic stuff. Remember how everyone was worried about Bill and needed protection after Mabelcron, then the very next episode, they go on a fucking road trip and it's never even brought up? And then when they finally do have Bill possess someone, it's some bit character that Mabel should not have trusted anyway since he tried to kill them. Imagine how much more effective a reveal would have been with someone they knew and trusted. They threw away a good plot.

>most of his screentime during the first 2 episodes in the apocalypse was sitting in his throne drinking punch with his friends who were just mingling
This was the main problem with Bill during the finale. He didn't really do anything. At least in his first two eps he had goals and would do stuff like suddenly take on Soos' form. He wasn't just sitting around doing literally nothing.

It's not as big a deal as Sup Forums makes it out to be, the show was not about Bill so he's just a placeholder sort of threat here. It's just too bad because Bill meme'd so hard and became a sort of mascot for the show, but then the things that were interesting about the character seemed to be mostly gone in the finale with a few exceptions.

I sort of lost track of the lore in this show. Did they ever explain anything about Bill's homeworld and how he apparently destroyed it or something?

no, this was the intent but only ended up being slightly hinted at in Bill's conversation with Ford and in the Third Jounal as well

Lame. Sad.

I want to fight this in a FF style game set in the GF universe.

I fucking hate how cutesy they drew Bill during the mindscape fire scene, he looked so fucking dumb, that coupled with PLEASE NO NO NONONO ILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING took me out of the scene. Yea the last bit was impressive animation wise but fucking embarrassing in every other regard.

"I liberated my dimension"

>>lust bubbles?

jesus, Im cringing at your sad thoughts. Aim higher in your fantasies

>that coupled with PLEASE NO NO NONONO ILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING
That bit was great, though. Seeing such a smug little shit become a coward as soon as the tables are turned was satisfying as fuck.

Like Bill's Weirdness Bubbles, but passing through them puts you in different kink fantasies instead of animation styles.