Unoriginal hacky fucking fur faggotry.

Its pretty good

>The dream usagi had were Jei took control of usagi

(you)

>Unoriginal hacky fucking fur faggotry.

Die in a fire. Usagi is phenomenal.

Amazing

That Sonic x voice

>That issue where he stays with a family and the kid had a nightmare about him being a monster, then Jei came upon them the next day

What the fuck?

>that issue where he took a nice old lady for a piggyback ride in the mountains

Wholesome!

I've loved it for almost 20 years.
Was pissed as first when issues kinda stopped, then felt like an absolute dick when I learned why.
Stan's had a rough later life.

>The issues with Noodles

I'm glad Stan is finally putting a usagi tv show finally, The dude deserves it for all the suffering he's been through

What was name of the arc where Usagi kinda was 300% mad after losing his swords to a bandit lord

I really hope it’s good...the series can be a little toned down but it kind of exists in that unfortunate middle where older programming network blocks may find it too tame and childish while younger programming blocks may find it gratuitous or having too many taboo things.

This the ending Usagi deserves

I don't care what happens I just hope they keep the death skulls.

Daisho I think

If TMNT can have the death skulls Usagi can

I have mixed feelings on that crossover, and TMNT 2012 in general, but that was a good touch.

>First episode of Usagi
>It's vs the goblin

It's the best comic no one reads.

I call it the hellboy effect.
When something gets good enough people just stop talking about it unless it some sort of controversy

Best/2nd best Ronin comic book I’ve ever read.

pic related

>Tomoe, Kitsune and Chizu breeding the new dynasty of the Miyamoto Clan

I bet they'll probablly tone down Jei Murder spree
Speaking of jei what is he?

The hero Edo deserves.

a demon

But yeah, they'll have to tone down Jei. 2012 toned him down quite a bit too. I just want him to have his voice of legion.

>That trip on the boat

>they'll have to tone down Jei

He was still pretty scary for a kids cartoon villain. Though maybe Im just Jeided from how wimpy they've been.

>The family
That little girl she calls innocent will be extremely jaded to death.
I'm surprised she was never used as a vessel and the female swordsman was the vessel

I'm not knocking him, voice aside he's one of the things I liked about the crossover, just saying he was toned down and probably will have to be again for the full proper cartoon.

Stan's plan was to have her be the vessel at first, but he thought that was too dark.

She's a sociopath that can't distinguish good or evil, possibly because of the trauma of her family's death. Either way, she won't become jaded by being around Jei and death which is precisely the reason she's safe from Jei. Without the concept of morality she's the one person Jei can't see evil in and defines as innocent.

She's probably still too young. Jei doesn't seem like he has to worry about keeping a back up handy. That said, I don't think they're gonna have him pull a Sesshomaru and learn the power of love from his loli sidekick. So I really don't know what hte long term plan for her is.

>because of the trauma of her family's death

Yeah.....how did they die again? Could it be death by psycho-child?

I wonder if there is a club somewhere of all the patsies that Jei decided not to kill, in case he coud use them as a vessel later, a la Hama.

Sounds like a good time.

Do we know if he killed the kid too? It was strongly implied he murdered the family but since it was off panel Im wondering if he let the kid go or if he makes an exception for Keiko.

Her parents died offscreen. Presumably because poverty. Her grandfather was killed by bandits

She lived with her grandma, they were killed by bandits and Jei killed them

>I wonder if there is a club somewhere of all the patsies that Jei decided not to kill
That's a short list. I think only Keiko is on it.

I think the implication was there that he butchered them all. That issue came out around the time that...Stan wasn't having a good time in his life.

It would be dark but also funny as it would show how Japan got its fear of little girls in horror movies

What are the best collected editions to get? I just got an amazon card as a birthday gift.

That kid seemed normal, so he's probably dead.

Saga editions for. Hardcover is worth it but expensive.

Don't mind me, just dumping some pictures

Usagi doing Jei smile is god damn right terrifying

>It's an Inspector Ishida story

That whole nightmare was terrifying.

I love that he tolerates none of Kitsune’s shit

>Usagi goes on a murder spree
>Meets the Panda kid and his bodyguard tomoe
>Tomoe recognizes that Usagi has been possessed but has to kill him
>Goes back and forth Usagi loses an Ear and both Tomoe and Usagi get death blows one each other
>Usagi gets back to his regular self just in time to see that he killed tomoe and he dies

I love that old man
Shame about his kid
Which I find ironic

That gif is pretty amazing.

Thanks for the good thread guys, I've been up all night because my boss keeps sending me hatemail and I was about to give up on it all. But now I realise he is an honorless bitch even lower than ninja scum. I feel a bit better.

I forget is the one whose husband was a raging gambler and died and she became a Samurai
or the one whose family got murdered and took the street to be a thief/Street performer

Not every day you get a Usagi thread

What happened to the blind pigman after he found peace?

He got a new kid eventually. He found some happiness in that.

WHY DOES NOTHING NICE EVER HAPPEN IN THIS BOOK!?

Remember that arc with Tomoe’s Sister? And she was trapped in the cave in at the end and went insane? Or more insane?

That was great

He got a happy ending

And thus no longer belongs in this story

No one gets a good ending
>Usagi meets a traveling flute player
Dies to a member of the DEATH hit squad who had a vendetta against usagi
Or My favorite
>Tomoe biological sister goes fucking bonkers trying to get rich
The fucking bitch was nuts and really wanted to just make tomoe suffer.

the fantagraphics volumes are so expensive ;_;

It's going to be awkward when she has a bunny

I got lucky when I got them a few years ago I guess

Your boss is a cunt
Evan a ninja can have honor in death

Jei's a real cut up

My dad has a fat stack of all these old comics. I never read them but it sounds like I should dust them off.

I can't eat Soba to this day.

Hell yeah you should.

It’s one of the most consistently solid and accessible comics that I know of so go for it

That's probably a callback to a lizard helping Jotaro escape from him.

I think Keiko is scarier than Jei

Yeah, it's the more human shaped head.

She was probably just as crazy before being buried alive as after, she just didn't have anyone to be a bitch to.

I am unsure who I would prefer to win the Usagibowl.

Guys, which choice would lead to more tears and tragedy? Because that'd be the canon one.

I liked the one where the killer was a geisha but really a dude.

It's not a good detective story until there's a homicidal drag queen.

Tomoe official wife with Chizu as his open mistress who teases Tomoe because she got pregnant first.

youtube.com/watch?v=slBHx5_8fms

So this exists

Solid through and through!

That's a big book

Or a very tiny Stan, my man.

Is it weird that I want him to sit in my backpack like Yoda?

I'm thinking I'll start collecting it next month. Looks really good art-wise and you people keep praising it.

>Copping a feel on both of them at the same time
Even as a ronin, he is masterful

I do wonder how they'll voice Usagi. I liked his voice in 2k12 well enough, he played a good samurai but I wonder how'd he do as Usagi's goofier side. I know there's a lot of suffering but despite it all he's a rather chipper fillow

I went to Comic-Con back in 2013 and met Stan Sakai at his table. This was after the Sergio Aragones panel he was on that afternoon.

He is super nice. Just a really chill guy with a positive outlook and having fun with comics. I told him my dad was reading his stuff from the Fantagraphics days. Reading my dad's collection was what got me interested in the series back in high-school and I started picking it up just as Grass Cutter was starting. I'm sure he hears stories like that all the time, but he still gave me a big goofy grin and said it was always cool to talk to long-time fans.

Took a photo with him and bought a couple of his little extra booklets he sells at cons. Got it signed and wished him the best with everything.

He's not one to push an agenda. He's not one to try and make people upset. He's a guy that just wants to tell a story that people will enjoy.

Stan deserves to be happy

How to get started on this series?

art is so ugly i'm not going to read it. don't care how good it is.

The stories are generally pretty episodic so it's as easy as just grabbing a story and sitting down

I would recommend you start at the beginning, but that's just me. You can also read them in reverse-chronological order if you want.
If you start at the beginning you go to stuff that was published by Fantagraphics. Usagi Yojimbo Saga 1 starts the stuff published under Dark Horse, there's 7 trades' worth of content that's set before that first big collection.

cool! As a poorfag college student, is there an archive online somewhere I could access?

I can't support the idea of pirating a series that's not a soulless corporate cash grab, Sakai deserves every penny he can get for it. You could try a library, that's how I got into the series. The Saga books aren't all that expensive either when you consider the amount of content they have.