Why the hell is robot chicken still on the air

why the hell is robot chicken still on the air

space ghost, harvey birdman, superjail, aqua teen hunger force aren't airing anymore but this still airs and gets new episodes? why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FzH6GVBSXSk&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Robot Chicken has less thought put into than any of those shows, even Superjail. It's just lame parody after lame parody, it could go on forever.

Because adult swim is run by immature dumbasses who think fart jokes are better then actually good stuff. Thats why shit like family guy gets spammed so much

Seth Macfarlane has pull. I am pretty sure one of their season openers makes a joke about it.

I was going to say because it's cheap, but that can't be right, can it? Stopmotion has to be expensive, even cutting as many corners as Robot Chicken does.

youtube.com/watch?v=FzH6GVBSXSk&t=1s found it, it's at 1:40

>Because adult swim is run by
Mike lazzo.

Reasons:
>High ratings
>High youtube/social media views (It's a very "clippable" show)
>Will never run out of ideas (It's all popculture spoofs so this is obvious)
>Has actual fanbase (if you look at the adult swim facebook way more people will discuss or mention liking RC than say Squidbillies)
>Pretty sure it sells merch, they still put out DVDs when most AS shows have stopped as well as clothes/toys
>Gets a ton of PR. Before Rick and Morty, no AS show ever got regular headlines except Robot Chicken, due entirely to what it will be spoofing.

Can't think of any real reason the network would cancel it desu

It's probably cheap vs how much money it makes for CN

idk, but it's a perfect example of Sturgeons Law cause it's so compact. Some episodes I find nothing funny at all. But that 5% is what I watch it for

Pretty much

It's helped by the fact that the segments are so short and rapid paced that the bad ones don't last very long and usually transition into something better.

Because cheap and bad shows are AS bread and butter.

They appeal to the lowest common denominator, and take little effort to produce.

Plus Mike Lazzo is basically a stupid immature child

I've liked this show since the beginning but this season is really missing the mark. Especially the new episode on right now.

>Hey what if the cheerios bee worked like a REAL bee? *close up gore shot*
>Hey what if the cat from He-Man pissed and shit everywhere *close up piss and shit shot*
>Hey what if The Magic School Bus was edgy

Titanic skit got some chuckles though.

ATHF takes close to no amount of money to make since all the animation is done with the same sprites in every episode

Who was that Childcatcher guy?

I think he was the bad guy from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I see.

It's superior.
The masses have spoken.

HAHA YOU SEE IT'S SIMON AND THEODORE FROM THE CHIPMUNKS AND THEY'RE GETTING LAID ISN'T THAT FUNNY GUYS

...guys?

i have always liked this show, it's comfy

glad it's still on

How long did celebrity death match last?

You've gotta admit the we are proof god is dead line was pretty funny

Robot chicken was funny when I was 13.

No, nothing on that show is funny. The last Robot Chicken sketch I laughed at was during the Bush era. The one that ended with Dubya saying "Tacos rule!".

youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw

its cheaper to do so it always makes enough money

because they like making stupid short videos

because its cheap to produce

because they can use the show to test new talent--the formula makes it hard for a whole show to suck, but if you do something more than mediocre with the format, that means something

because the format is light, short, and accessible, so channel flippers are likely to see something they like and possibly become regular viewers that decide they like some of the more experimental shit perverts like us enjoy

Is there still time and hope that Seth green gets #MEtoo? It doesn’t have to be true. A fake troll twitter account will probably be enough to bring him down and get robot chicken canceled. He a cuck proto-soyboy. He probably admit to a false rape accusation because he a good male feminist.

>supporting #metoo
>under any circumstance
gender traitor

The Emperor skits are the absolute best they ever did

pretty much

>"What is thy bidding, my master?"
>MY BIDDING?! How about I bid thee to stop ramming the fucking ship into asteroid fields?! Can you handle that?