Non-capeshit / Euro comics recommendation

I'm thinking of getting a comic book as a present to my friend, she's never ready any comics besides maybe Looney Tunes/ Mickey Mouse when she was very little. Superhero stuff do not appeal do her at all, so I'm looking for some recommendations. The only non-capeshit books I've read so far are Sandman, Lucifer, Maus, My friend Dahmer, The Flinstones and Signal to noise. I was thinking of getting her either Signal to noise or Mause, but I'm really not certain she will dig them.She's into Noir/ Thriller / Crime movies and books mostly. Would Beautiful Darkness be a good gift for someone that does not read comics at all, I saw it being mentioned somewhere ?

Thanks Sup Forumsmrades

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/96855802/#96855802
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Satania/TPB?id=124867
userscloud.com/1tj5neje4512
www40.zippyshare.com/v/fBS7T04x/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try monstress

>Superhero stuff do not appeal do her at all
Smart kid.

Beautiful Darkness is brilliant. It's not very dense either so I'd say its a good book for a non-comic reader.

Blacksad is a great noir/crime comic. Sandman Mystery theater might also be up her alley.

Why not go with Richard Stark's Parker by Darwyn Cooke. There are four books in total for it as well. Plus it's right in the genres she's interested in.

Richard Stark's Parker Vol. 1: The Hunter

Thanks a lot fellas! So far I'm considering Beautiful Darkness or Richard Stark's Parker .

Has anyone read Last Days of an Immortal by any chance though, it seemed like it had an interesting premise. Part cerebral, part crime story which sounds intriguing.

reading this right now and it's fantastic. Actually seems to get general relativity pretty decently well, enough that I'm not screaming at it like I was at interstellar. pretty great anti-hero characters too

Azimut for the art alone, but i am no sure if it is translated in English

Sadly, I was unable to find a website where I can order it from translated in English

>She's into Noir/ Thriller / Crime movies and books mostly.
Hellboy or The Goon (specifically The Chained Coffin tpb or Chinatown, respectively).

>Beautiful Darkness
if you're going down the Kerasocet road maybe go with Miss Don't Touch Me

it's Crime/Mystery, has more of a story to it

Really? I read the first volume and the situations as well as the characters were sort of rushed. LIke the author was cramming everything he could in 50+ pages.

>She's into Noir/ Thriller / Crime movies and books mostly.

Blacksad, Miss don't touch me, Kane and XIII come to mind.

There's also Largo Winch, though that's basically french heterosexual Batman dressed up as a thriller.

I can't recommend this enough

Offer her this, it's litterally chad Tintin.

anyone checked out their newest work yet?

Miss Don't Touch Me by Kerascoet, historical crime thriller set in a whorehouse

Know your Brexits breh

I've literally never seen Sorcelleries discussed in Sup Forums, which is mind-boggling given the huge waifu/daughterfu/grandmafu potential

Classic M&F is the best

>Not Tueurs de mamans

Folks like the artist's last series and this one's all about mums and daughters.

Just remember, if there´s a hot chick, it´s a fake Bruguera story.

Seuls is bretty good

It was a bit rushed with the setting maybe, but I felt it worked. The characters were well enough established by the end of the first book, which is pretty impressive for 60 pages

will that guy be ok holy shit

Indian Summer by Milo Mannara and Hugo Pratt. I haven't read a bad Mannara story yet actually

how does this compare to The Nikapol Trilogy?

Also adding to this thread The Nikapol Trilogy

His last trilogy blows Nikopol out of the water so fucking hard.

Yes, just going for something apart from The click

Was for

>I haven't read a bad Mannara story yet actually

The Golden Ass is his best work, IMO. It's still rude AF, but not as crude as The Evil Pope.

which one? I have read some of Animal'z in Heavy Metal and liked that but Jullette and Rom fucking lost me hard. Too much Shakespearian references for me. I'm one of those that think's Shakespear is way too over rated

Random names. I'm not really into whodunit so some of them are a bit of a stretch for the genres.

Blast
Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck (fuck you, it's a great starter)
Lastman
Hellboy
The Goon
Seuls (Alone)
Sillage (Wake)
Ogre Gods

>Nikapol
Come on man, both your filename and image says Nikopol.

Seconding Scrooge, it's still one of the best writing in comics.

the only problem with Parker is the crushing sadness knowing that there will only be four

there was a storytime. it was really good

I can beat that. Lastman has 10 tomes but only 6 has official translations and the chance the rest will get translated is miniscule at best.

Really? Do you have a link? Never read a comic quite like beautiful darkness.

storytime: desuarchive.org/co/thread/96855802/#96855802
read online: readcomiconline.to/Comic/Satania/TPB?id=124867
usercloud: userscloud.com/1tj5neje4512
Satania (2017) (digital) (Minutemen-dask) (F) (re-size)
www40.zippyshare.com/v/fBS7T04x/file.html

A minuscule chance is better than zero. Darwyn has died and kinda cant finish Vol5