Wapsi Square

>Plenty Of Chances

wapsisquare.com

Other urls found in this thread:

pulse-bolt.smackjeeves.com
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_in_the_sand_(phrase)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is WSG going to become a thing?

Because I don't wanna watch the actual comic, but I'm willing to browse whenever one of his and mine weird fetishes comes up.

Even as a longtime reader, I can't see myself rereading the whole thing. It's practically become a different comic with the genre and cast changes.

Where's the boob joke, Paul.

Oh, there it is.

>checks in

I thought this webcomic was about archeology, supernatural girls, and big tits.

So does this guy actually have weird fetishes or are people just memeing? Cause big tits ain't that weird.

I'm just not a fan of Castela as a character; for a while there, she came off as being manipulative and mean. Atsali was more likable in her doofus way,

Surprisingly disappointing for a comic with a giant-titty MC.

The main character canonically has a huge tongue and it gets a weird amount of focus.

Plus the one tiny, skinny guy with the buff and tall gf waxed poetic about being "claimed".

We're a slice of life monstergirl school anime now.

Have we even seen Owen and Lakshmi in the past decade?

I can't believe I remember their names that easily.

Fucking hell.

The tongue fetish lives on.

Monica hasn't been the main character in like 6 years. But yes that is weird.

Monica is almost never in it these days.

At least the huge boobs remain constant. Even when switching focus to other characters, at least one of them must be massively stacked.

Why does everyone I care about turn into a lesbian?

At least there's Bud. I guess.

I'm sad there was no more vore after that one time

I'm sad we didn't get a repeat of this with Castela after the 'stupid sexy boy' incident.

wew...

Why did everyone in this comic turn into a supernatural furry or a lesbian?

I guess that's what you have to do to stay relevant. Props to the guy for making a living. He's been doing the same comic for how many years now?

First comic in the archive >09/09/2001

Coming up on 17 years. I can't think of many longer running active webcomics

>tiny, skinny guy with the buff and tall gf waxed poetic about being "claimed".
Lucky bastard.

This comic is still going? Holy shit.

>You will never have a webcomic with such a lasting fanbase that you can make a living selling sketches of your characters in swimsuit, on ebay.

Every time I check this comic I feel like I'm in the middle of some arc and I hit the page where the twist/climax/turning point happens, but that's like every single fucking page of the comic. There doesn't seem to be a coherent thread, just vignettes into some other actual narrative that we never fully see. And tits. But the tits are okay

DID YOU GET INVESTED IN THIS STORYLINE TOO BAD FUCK YOU IT'S THIS OTHER THING NOW PLEASE DONATE TO MY PATREON, MY WIFE'S MFA ISN'T APPARENTLY WORTH SHIT

post more tits

post more excuses from Pablo

Boobs aside, I'm interested to see how things turn out between Castela, fairy boy and the other girl smitten over him.

Some of these are actually pretty hot.

I think it's kind of clever that this webcomic somehow managed to worm itself into being a "positive example for women" when it's clearly just some dude who loves to draw huge tits.

Pink

>artist draws their comic for so long they either get worse or they never got good in the first place

I have no idea how so many of these people are content with putting out the same shit only their hardcore fanbase care about.

Dude is literally selling scrap sketches on ebay for like $50 a pop. I'd be content as fuck.

The only people I see making comments like that are the ones who never make anything.

I'd love to be as happy with my art as guys like Taylor and Jollyjack. They know what they're doing, get shit done and have a following of people interested in it. So why should they change their work to meet some 'ideal' art style some nerd on a message board says everybody should be a clone of?

Is he actually selling consistently on ebay? Does he really have a fanbase for that to make a living off of them?

He is walking a fine line to be sure. Can't tell if he's a genius or what?

Superior webcomic about giant honking tits
pulse-bolt.smackjeeves.com

I think the key thing is his characters have good personalities and the big tits aren't always a positive focus. Like when Atsali's busted out and she suddenly had to deal with everybody seeing her as sexual and inappropriate.

>I'll make someone's tits flop out and then indirectly chide the reader for being aroused

Yeah no

Taking it personally there, user.

Interesting strategy. Does this happen a lot in the comic?

What do you mean? The horror movie logic?

Does this happen a lot in the comic?

>The only people I see making comments like that are the ones who never make anything.
And Abbadon, but ignore him since he doesn't fit the narrative.

Seriously, fuck off. Nobody cares about bad artists; they care about lazy pieces of shit. If your art is bad AND you're not applying yourself, you get scorn. That's how it's always been. There's no "ideal style" people are looking for, just actual fucking effort.

Most people like an Ed Wood.
Few people like an Uwe Bill.
That's just life, user.

There's a lot of 'growing up' moments but the blatant rants aren't too common.

>Abbadon
Who? Google's only showing me some warhammer guy.

And how about you fuck off. If somebody wants your critique, they'll ask. Most of it is "You should draw exactly like this other guy" anyway.

>If somebody wants your critique, they'll ask.
Take a life-drawing class.

>Comes to Sup Forums to talk about webcomic, but doesn't know about one of the single most successful webcomics with a Sup Forums-receptive author around somehow.
>Acts like talking shit about comics is some foreign, unwelcome practice on Sup Forums.
>Assumes anyone replying to them must be samefag.
>Parrots the "o-only people who can't do comics criticize" nonsense when even fucking Shen (Owlturd) has talked shit about webcomic authors before.
>Keeps insisting that people are saying the artist should copy someone else when nobody has even implied that.

You're embarrassingly obvious.
If you're gonna shill at least be smart about it and let people criticize the comic.

That's good if you're intending to draw realism in the first place.

Again, you want everybody to draw the exact same. You're stagnate. Sterile.

It's more of an art thing than specific to webcomics but I do notice that webcomics get a lot more shit for stylised looks that are perfectly accepted in mainstream.

Where are the threads saying Dexter's Lab got Deedee's leg/body proportions all wrong? There's the ones complaining about Samurai Jack's square jaw? You just accept it without a thought.

Properly stylizing real imagery and drawing malformed shit are not the same thing.

Not shill-user, but as someone who followed K6B demons from the very beginning, I somehow didn't know the author went by abbadon for a looooong time.

>It's more of an art thing than specific to webcomics but I do notice that webcomics get a lot more shit for stylised looks that are perfectly accepted in mainstream.
Not really? Nobody minds the stylization of Rice Boy, or Kidd Radd, or Gunnerkrig, or Whomp, or Gunshow, etc. Fuck, there's plenty of ugly comics people give a pass because they're ambitious and interesting, like Mob Psycho and Out of Placers (more the former than the latter).

>Where are the threads saying Dexter's Lab got Deedee's leg/body proportions all wrong? There's the ones complaining about Samurai Jack's square jaw? You just accept it without a thought.
Oh, I see the problem here.

You think all abstraction is equal.

Genndy's designs are expressive, distinct and meaningful. They also allow for great imagery. You can see this applied to comics with his "CAGE!" mini, which is fantastic. Waspi Square is none of that. It's an amalgam of geometric features that don't distinguish the characters, who also tend to not be very animated or active. They don't have the same kind of distinct silhouettes you'd find in a Genndy work.

In short, no. It's not the audience. It's the comic. I think RPG World looks just fine and it's simple and abstract as hell. This comic is low effort and ugly.

Fair enough.
But we both know that guy's shillin', so it's moot.

It's a consistent style and he doesn't hide anatomy or avoid poses. You saying something is 'malformed shit' is just your opinion and nothing more.

Oh him. He's a cool artist so it's a shame to hear he's spouting elitist crap like that. Unless the anons are taking it out of context.

Lines in the fucking sand, mate.

Every time I see this I have to point out that taking this to the letter leaves you like Proko. Your foundation is important, but refusing to experiment with style while you learn it is a great way to gimp yourself.

>Lines in the fucking sand
I don't think that phrase means what you think it does.

>artists expressing confusion as to why other artists hold themselves back is "elitist"
Go to bed, Paul.

He's right though, it's disingenuous. It's like doing something stupid "ironically" as if it makes it better. You're still being retarded/showing the tits, getting on your high horse about it afterwards is a cop out.

Make way for best girl.

It means making superficial distinctions that don't matter? Just sitting around all day, deciding what's 'proper' art and what's not.

I'm sure he means well and probably doesn't mean everybody has to become a living camera and never deviate from photorealism. His own work would be under fire then.

It's probably just anons taking his word to the extreme.

N E C K S

>everybody has to become a living camera and never deviate from photorealism

It's what's being said though, isn't it?

>Those legs are too long! Correct them to the standardised proportion chart.
>That head is too big! Correct them to the standardised proportion chart.
>That face is too big for it to fit her skull in 3 dimensional space. You must change it.

It's stagnant and miserable.

While that may be true, I don't think pointing out the hypocrisy will in any way make the creator produce work that's more honest in your eyes.

From a bird's eye view this comic straddles a bizarre tight-rope of fan-service and self-justification. It's kind of fascinating case study. I however don't think the author is being deliberately manipulative to maintain a particular audience, I think he knows what sells but also really believes what he's saying.

Thank you

Well the context in that instance is Atsali is 14 at the time and dealing with having a mature looking body. An issue I think Taylor handled well.

The sad ironic thing is many will say he should have just swept the thing under the carpet by keeping her flat chested until she's legal and that it's his fault she's perved on because he gave her that body.

What's being said is that reality is the STARTING POINT for stylization and you'll go wrong if you try to jump ahead.

>Not wanting a giraffe waifu that can deep throat a pool noodle

Come on son

>It means making superficial distinctions that don't matter?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_in_the_sand_(phrase)

Says. Fucking. Who?

At least you don't deny it's you like most shills.

Most artists, given it's hard to make a meaningful abstraction when you don't know your subject.

Genndy's a good example though. He, like most professionals, has given the extremely basic and uncontroversial advice of studying form and anatomy as a starting point. You used his work as an example for your argument earlier; are you going to turn around and say that his work and opinions don't matter now that they don't hold up your argument?

I think Butch Hartman or Seth McFarlane would have been better suited for your earlier point..mexcept they're more writers than cartoonists, so it gets iffy.

Everyone who actually know how to draw, both stylistically and with heavy realism? Why are you fighting this? It's been known for decades there's no shortcuts in learning your craft.

Because he's been drawing this for twenty years, user.

Substitute "muh style" for "anime" in this one

How long has CAD been running?

And that's the only function of art?

CAD?

why do you assume webcomic artists haven't gone through that though?

Because their art is shit, user. Try to keep up.

And other abstract styles by mainstream or historic artists aren't, somehow?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I mean, I'm having difficulty seeing an objective difference beyond you having bias dependant on who drew it.

Yep

Who puts warnings on their comic strip?

Who won?

strip origin: Oh I'm a shy but happy girl oh look a blue elf

shortly before ditching Monica: I WAS RAPED IN THE INSANE ASYLUM ALSO I RANDOMLY HAVE DOG TEETH

Taylor's a cheap imitation of Whedon: women are perfect and men barely exist and there's a 90% chance he has something to hide. And I say this as a self-identified feminist but I'm also a realist who knows bullshit when he smells it. It is my hope "Pablo" is making these threads because his Patreon isn't doing enough business.

Canada

real talk, are you old enough to be posting on Sup Forums

tell your wife to get a job

>If somebody wants your critique, they'll ask
This isn't reddit. You post here, we tell you what we think and you nod and say "thank you" or you fuck off back to your safe space.