#COMICSGATE

So what is this faggotry about?

Something that needed to happen years ago but comic fans are finally getting off their lazy assess to do it finally

don't care.

Who cares.

shit's boring who cares

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. And in Sup Forums case you are not good men, but plain lazy cucks too careless to stand against anything

>good
>anything but white western american men are trash and inferior

People trying desperately to want to push a Gamergate yet have less knowledge about comics than Gamergate does with video games.

fpbp

>anything but white western american men are trash and inferior
>what is every female Sup Forums obsesses about
>what is blade
>what is static shock

So where is the command center this time around? Back to 8ch? Sektrit discord?

How can I join the Rebel Alliance

it looks like its just nazi comic youtubers wanted their own GATE even though they don't have a leg to stand on

But gamergate wasn't about videogames.

>comic fans
Like 20 of you guys remaining? It's a dead industry

>nazi

At least gamergator want some ethics in vidya journalism

What instigate comicgate and what do they want

Basically a bunch of people sick of all the political correctness and SJW-ism run amok in comics, and have been talking shit now that Marvel decimated their shitty diversity quota comics.

So, "comicsgate"rs talk shit to bad comic writers/artists, and because some of them are trans/gay/women and leftists see harsh language as morally equivalent to physical assault they are flipping the fuck out and calling everyone talking shit about them Nazis.

And comicgate has nothing to do with comics.

This sounds really fucking dumb and this is coming from a GamerGate faggot.

At least GamerGate started with some controversy, with blatantly corrupt journalists that took bribes for favorable reviews.

What the fuck is the point of this shit?

>The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

the greatest of evils is that comic books are not the way I personally like them.

>Basically a bunch of people sick of all the political correctness and SJW-ism run amok in comics.
So basically people who don't actually read comics.

So what's the #gate? Whats the controversy

>the greatest of evils is that comic books are not the way I personally like them.
Its more then comics but yeah, fuck starving africans or whatever feminists bitch about, my media is the only thing i truely care about in this world besides my immediate family and friends

that marvel execs and writers can't take the bants and are gonna spin any criticism with their way of doing things into *pick you current year crime*

A supposed shadowy cabal blacklists conservatives who want to work in comics.

Listen you fucking idiot, the solution to the politicization of comics is not to bring different politics to comics.

I vote with my wallet. I support the products and artists I deem worthy of patronage. If it's not good, I ignore it, and don't buy it. Maybe I'll talk some shit about it, and I'll definitely not recommend it to people who ask me about it. I'm doing my part. If you think complaining in a mongolian basket weaving picture forum is fixing anything, you can go ahead and do that.

>I vote with my wallet

I wish that worked in the video game industry too.

Problem is that it's too fucking big now and retards will gobble up garbage even if it's trash like Mafia 3.

> because some of them are trans/gay/women and leftists see harsh language as morally equivalent to physical assault they are flipping the fuck out and calling everyone talking shit about them Nazis.

What part was unclear?

>What instigate comicgate and what do they want

gatekeeping. The physical medium and the market thats defined by the big two is dying, and while marvel has latched onto sjw in an attempt to revive it ( and DC has latched onto nostalgia, bad movies, and fucking alan moore) the "fans" are angry that the market is trying to change and expand rather than pander to them exclusively.

this combined with the increasing popularity of the properties themselves has taken away the old fandom's ability to feel special and unique so they're lashing out.

the goal is to continue to feed their own outrage because nerd identity has become dependent on being angry at normies and troll bullshit.

So nothing, then.

Meh it's possible.

Yeah, because that really worked with marvel, and how even after sales plumeted thsy still stubbornly refuse to change and get even more radicalized

I don't know what that means. They do read comics, hence why they were so disgusted.

Not just Conservatives, anyone who isn't pretty much totally in lockstep with them, and also people who just piss them off because they are petty bitches

>implying comic readers care about political correctness and SJW-ism

Almost all SJW books flop. This is a known fact.

Your right. It was about journalism.

They totally should be criticized for ignoring their fanbase, especially for catering to sjws of all people, stop trying to spin that as a good thing

I still don't get what the "gate" is. You can't have a "gate" without some sort of controversy. Even Gamergate started with the bribery bullshit.

A company making comics you don't like isn't a fucking controversy.

More like the core audience of comic books.

Why else do you think all this leftist bullshit has gotten such awful sales.

lol that's pretty good

You laugh but Hollywood does the exact same thing.

Good. Let them learn. That's what happens when they call people racists for not buying their books.

Plus, they've cancelled America already, so there's that.

Squirrel Girl and America were nominated for Eisner awards

yeah clint eastwood's had a real problem making movies

Diversity in Comics thinks they're king shit of the industry. Anyone who blocked them or said a mean thing about them, or who didn't want to hear about comicsgate because it sounded gay is now THE ENEMY SJW CONSPIRACY. That's fucking it.

>What is James Woods

The problem is not "comics I don't like." I've never liked Spider-man but I'll never campaign to have it cancelled.

The problem is people like Max Bemis who tell people to "eat his ass" if they don't like Moon Knight and then tells them they should be thankful he doesn't own a gun. People like Maggs Visaggio (writes for DC/Young Animal) who flipped out on twitter when Trump won and started posting shit like "I WANT TO SMASH CIS PEOPLE WITH BASEBALL BATS." The problem is people like Heather Antos, who is an editor for the Star Wars and Deadpool offices at Marvel and posts shit like "Men are cancelled."

These aren't just people who "voted democrat." These are unstable, toxic, mean-spirited millennials and gen-x'ers who are lashing out any given opportunity.

And this is where the problem with "comicsgate" is.
1. There is no single controversy. It's just people trying to latch on to the -gate terminology and make a meme out of the growing movement.
2. "SJWs" are not the only thing killing the industry. Diamond, constant relaunches, and the proliferation of cheaper entertainment from other sources is making a big difference too. The thing is, all of those factors are amplified by the fact that there is a vocal subset of the creative side of comics that doesn't understand they're in a BUSINESS.

This too though. There is very clearly some light corruption/mutual dick-sucking that goes on in comics.

What is going on. Who is mad. Why they mad. Please explain. As few memes as possible.

The difference is a lot of the people I've seen who were trying to push for Comicsgate loudly in the last four years tried to come off like comics experts but either came off deranged or ignorant or both. There were deranged and/or ignorant people on Gamergate, but I got the impression most did (or at least, appeared to) their homework better than the Comicsgate bandwagoners did.

>One fucking guy disproves your point

Lol k. Also he meant more about actors, not so much directors.

>A company making comics you don't like isn't a fucking controversy.
How the hell is blatent propaganda shilling and ignoring your customers not a controversy?

Most actually good books flop too, I don't think that's an indication of anything. Terrible books were also made before "SJW politics" got inserted into stuff too. Maybe comics are just in a quality slump instead of some discrimination against politics.

especially when they're not even good

Nominated, not won. Awards are like that, man. Just look at the fucking Oscars, Get Out is nominated for best movie and director right now. Give you 3 guesses why.

>Comic companies aren't hiring certain writers!

They're private companies. They can hire whoever the fuck they want. Not a controversy.

>They're making terrible SJW comics!

They pay for it, they can make whatever comics they want. Not a controversy.

>Award Shows are rigged!

Industry Awards are inbearable circlejerks? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

What else you got?

Zach is that you

Nah, maybe it's SWC

SJWs are always mad. Comic nerds are always mad. Put SJWs to work in comics and everyone suffers.

They're a company, not a government institution. They could put out a comic that's just photos of shit for twenty two pages and it wouldn't be a controversy.

They pay for it, they can put out whatever the fuck they want.

>They totally should be criticized for ignoring their fanbase,

there is no fanbase, the market has been declining since the 90s. If you work at a company and you're selling less and less over the course of decades and your plan to survive doesn't include changing to try and expand your market, you're gonna fail and should get fired. The market just isn't there anymore. Period.

Regardless, the way comics are being sold simply isn't gonna work much longer.
The only response is gonna be moving to
trades and digital. I loe my LCS but they sell plenty of other nerd shit, as well as coffee and junk so they'll be fine. floppies are gonna die and we'll all be better off.

Sup Forums will still be bitching about women and the blacks though because this outrage is only tangentially linked to the realities of whats happening.

>They pay for it, they can make whatever comics they want.
Not if they want to stay in business, chum.

>Get Out is nominated for best movie and director right now.
Dont you love it how if youre movie is bigoted and racist you can get awards and praise now, but only if its against whites. This is like birth of a nation getting an oscar, holy fuck

Comicsgate is just a bunch of hypebeasts trying to spark a revolution that doesn't exist, attempting to recapture the flame and adrenaline of Gamergate that's been fizzled out and evaporated since 2016.

Comicsgate has no reason to be a thing other than "Not Muh Comics". It's nostalgia on the scale of a Star Wars reboot trilogy.

See

it's funny that they go after the gwenpool editor and not the writer or artist especially when that's one of the 4 marvel books Sup Forums doesn't hate on sight

i mean it sounds like they're doing your job for you then?

1. Marvel Comic is doing badly. The economy is booming but they're contracting. LCS are getting closed left and right.

2. Marvel Comics cancelled a bunch of runs due to contraction and loss of profit. A lot of these books are the ones that doesn't sell very well, and a chunk of them are Legacy characters or solo run by minority character. So Gwenpool, America, Luke Cage, Generation X, and a couple more.

3. Dumb alt righters start shit talking on Twitter, basically taunting "le le le ur comic a shit"

4. SJW snowflakes take it as harrasment, overracted and twitter shitalking and hastag faggotry shitposting on twitter began

don't these retards realize that crudely harrassing SJWs online only legitimizes their cause?

The future is going to be hordes of children and dumbasses fighting wars at the command of retard youtubers.

>They pay for it, they can make whatever comics they want. Not a controversy.
They have no right to make this awful shit, stop defending them
It very much is a controversy, considering how they dont care about the core fanbase
>there is no fanbase
And now i know youre a shilling lier. I cant wait till you marvel cucks get assblasted that all your “progressive” comics force the comic division to fold from bad sales

Making something nobody buys isn't a controversy, user.

What the fuck point are you trying to make?

Here's the thing, the SJW books are disproportionally bad/flop.

A good chunk of them just try to ride the wave of SJW hype instead of having good writing.

Thank you. This is dumb.

>trades and digital. I loe my LCS but they sell plenty of other nerd shit, as well as coffee and junk so they'll be fine. floppies are gonna die and we'll all be better off.

all my lcs stay open because of sales from gaming supplies and funko pops

>Comicsgate is just a bunch of hypebeasts trying to spark a revolution that doesn't exist
It's a bunch of comics nerds in a small pool of actual customers who want comics professionals to stop sabotaging the industry. Pretty simple concept. The main reason why comicsgate hasn't caught on like gamergate is because there are MILLIONS of people who play videogames, and only thousands of comic buyers.

Because they're forced to actually nominate good movies sometimes just because of lack of choices. I don't think Shape of Water was nominated, but that and Get Out are the only two that deserve to win. Everything else was boring or mediocre shit.

teary

i think i'd actually have a little more respect if they pretended to be marvel stockholders and had a stake in it.

and then you can just laugh and point to the movie money

>Star Wars reboot trilogy.
Every copy of those films should destroyed, and kathleen kennedy deserves to be beaten and shot on live tv

What would Nixon think if he found out his fuckup would lead to everyone naming every single controversy after it?

>chum.

You're stuck i the 60s , manchild

>They have no right to make this awful shit, stop defending them
Yes, they can. 1st Amendment? People can say and write whatever they want, it really doesn't matter whether or not you like it.

Again, "A company making comics I don't like" isn't a fucking controversy.

>hurr dont cirticize us at all just let us walk all over you and see nothing
Not gonna work faggot

>i mean it sounds like they're doing your job for you then?
Speak English.

>Making something nobody buys isn't a controversy, user.
Crashing the industry with no survivors is very much a controversial issue.

>The problem is people like Max Bemis who tell people to "eat his ass" if they don't like Moon Knight and then tells them they should be thankful he doesn't own a gun. People like Maggs Visaggio (writes for DC/Young Animal) who flipped out on twitter when Trump won and started posting shit like "I WANT TO SMASH CIS PEOPLE WITH BASEBALL BATS." The problem is people like Heather Antos, who is an editor for the Star Wars and Deadpool offices at Marvel and posts shit like "Men are cancelled."
So creators aren't allowed to have opinions? I thought righties these days were trying to rebrand as the advocates of free speech.

>whaaaa they gave a girl a lightsaber whaaaa

>The economy is booming

>LCS are getting closed left and right.

I'm going to assume the same thing as gamergate. That is, a bunch of stupid nerds making a big crappy deal about shit that doesn't matter.

SJWs deserve their freedom of speech taken away, and it most certainly is a controversy, fuck you

I'll just say this: Anybody an any side of Comicsgate who is taking it seriously has probably not set foot in their local LCS in the past three to five years.

Now THAT'S what I call edge.

The industry has been a fucking dumpster fire in a slow spiral to the grave for decades, man.
This is just the latest nail in a coffin that's been ready since the 80s.

>They have no right to make this awful shit, stop defending them

>wahh someone doesnt like my shit writing and bad mary sues theyre all secist misogynist
Star wars will never be for you you fat feminist pig

i thought the endgame was for marvel to go out of business and if whatever imaginary crimes they committed lead to going out of business then you just need to sit back and watch it burn.

>Not just Conservatives, anyone who isn't pretty much totally in lockstep with them, and also people who just piss them off because they are petty bitches
So, basically it's like any other industry, where if you piss off your boss/HR, you're fucked.

Irrelevant. Quickening the death of an industry should not be acceptable if you're a comic book fan. Even if that industry has been in decay for decades.

>crude harrassment is valid criticism
fuck off Sup Forumstard

The big two dying would probably be the best thing for the industry.
Sometimes the decay of the old forest must burn that new life may spring from the ashes.

So block them on twitter and stop reading their comics. Problem solved.

> a shilling lier
>lier

ok

Keep on living in your delusion where comics haven't been a failing market for decades and where the LCS exclusive model is stable because if you actually win and marvel goes back to sucking your dick you're gonna be in for a shock when the market keeps contracting.