Every villain in this movie got away with it. What the hell

Every villain in this movie got away with it. What the hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ty4WQ6m1IC8?t=370
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about the whale?

Just like real life!

He's still free to be a whale and eat things, which is viewed as an act of terrorism in the ocean.

The villains serve as a moral warning. "If you're an irresponsible kid, big nasty people will get you." That sort of thing.

I play this little game for every Pinnocchio thread. How many posts it takes for someone to mention fetishes involving donkeys. Usually it's under 10.

You're the one who brought it up you sick donkey fetishist.

the world is full of monsters who will take you for fucking up, sometimes not even a lot, it just takes a small slip up of judgement. Its not fair and its cruel but its better than the reality of it being random many times.
You technically triggered it.

Pinocchio was on his way to school after his first day of being alive when Honest John scooped him away.

Pinocchio has to be the most "shit happens, deal with it, we're moving on" film ever.

Maybe my mind is rotted due to over exposure to cartoons and comics but I think its interesting how as a child the focus is Pinocchio and his father but growing up you start thinking about the wider implications of Pinocchio's world and how many aren't fortunate enough to have his ending.

Bro, I wanted to FUCK those donkeys

in the book the Fox and cat ended up as bums on the street. When they asked Pinocchio for money, he told them to fuck off.

Best movie is still Dumbo, where Jumbo Jr just goes "fuck all of you"

The Elephant bitches still got a happy ending as they were all singing "When I See An Elephant Fly" at the end.

Because they're not the villains. They're just the environment.

The conflict in this story isn't good guys vs bad guys, but good character vs. temptation.

Well, if Honest John is still lurking around Pinoke's hometown after all of this, I just assume that once the initial high of being a real live human is over, the former puppet thinks to alert the police about Pleasure Island, or at least say "Hey, that fox guy and his lunkhead buddy nearly tricked me into getting kidnapped, and they know the guy who's been making all those missing kids disappear." Given what Ghepetto himself saw his father would back him up on this.

I mean, frankly even if this is pre-industrial revolution Europe, an entire fucking *boatload* of kids disappearing--and even if the Coachman is like secretly the goddamn devil or something-- would *not* go unnoticed. Even if Pinocchio tells the (absurd sounding) truth of the matter about how the boys turned into Donkeys, someone would eventually go check out this giant island theme park and find SOMETHING there.

It made a bit more sense in the book, where Pinnochio was a big brat and its made clear that pinnochio's greatest enemy is his own shit streak

>Geppetto wishes for a son after life as the ultimate NEET
>a magic fairy grants his wish and makes his puppet alive
>puppet inquisitive and clearly ignorant of every aspect of life
>decides to put him in school immediately
>instead of walking him to school the first day he sends him off on his own
>Geppetto gives him no moral lessons or anything
Geppetto is retarded.

Man, Disney was hardcore. I wonder what he'd think of his company today?

He would fucking hate the amusement parks considering its original purpose was so that a family of any income could afford to go.

Not only did they get away with it but it's implied that they are all continuing to do everything they were doing, kidnapping more kids, making more donkey boys, etc

There's a reason most people don't start fatherhood at the age where they start going senile

>Highly skilled tradesman
>Neet
Considering that Europe had a big war every 50 years or so with smaller conflicts in between, it's not unreasonable that Geppetto would enjoy without family.

I'm sure things will work out better for Pinocchio in the sequel.

Is Pinocchio the best and most kino disney movie?

Got away with what? The gypsy did nothing illegal. Neither did Honest John. Hell the Coachman was a veritable pillar of the community, you always need donkeys.
>child and deranged man tell tall tales
Gepetto would end up in an insane asylum and Pinocchio would end up at a poorhouse.

>>instead of walking him to school the first day he sends him off on his own
what fucking age do you think pinnochio takes place in. before modern day it was entirely common for children to go to school alone.

it was also common to start working at like 8

no thats Beauty and the Beast

Back then, you could show some edgy shit in a children’s movie as long as it has a historical context. I know 1940 was nearly 80 years ago, but tell me the setting doesn’t look much earlier.

Personally, I'd always assumed the impact of hurdling 90 yards into solid rock killed the thing.

In the subservient role to the main attraction though, they probably fight each other every day for the honor of giving him their peanuts.

It's not like many kids other then Pinocchio are naive enough to fall for his scams.

Wait, weren't they publicly executed by hanging?

Because this is how they were in the book

Moral of the book was that the world is full of bad people that wanted to hurt and scam you and you must not be a dummy and avoid them

>families of all income can go
Sorry but I like the fact to some extent that Disney is pricing out low class people, I don’t want to see hoodlums in WDW

Because of his display of sheer manliness, he made every single one wet.

Stromboli did nothing wrong. Puppets don't have rights.

It just means that the fuckers would have to pay more in bribes to the police for a while.

I present the success of the tide pod challenge as a counter example.

The plebians being able to afford a limited disney experience on their cell phones might be an OK enough thing.

you mean detergent poisoning that already happens? The only bigger meme than the tidepod challenge are retards thinking its real

Like said, Pinnochio is a moral tale, The kids going to the island to play and eat juck all day and then becoming donkeys and being send to hard work the rest of their lives is a metaphor about how a kid that doesn´t have discipline and study could end becoming an adult with to usefull skills that need to do menial labor to survive.

Pinnochio manage to leave the circle of vices before is too late and straight up his live. Becoming a real boy means becoming a productive person.

>that need to do menial labor to survive.
Hey man, the world needs janitors.

>I present the success of the tide pod challenge as a counter example.
It was like three videos the media overblew to get page clicks.

Don't forget the salt miners. Those poor donkey boys being used sexually by those salt miners.

even then you can be a janitor and not be a mess of a person the way spending your formative years drinking and fucking about.

Menial labor back then was working on the salt mines carrying rocks all day, Like a Donkey.

I mean, I don't think they got in trouble in the OG story either.
Hell the fox and cat HANG PINNOCHIO and leave him to die originally.

Pleasure Island can also be read as people giving into temptations and going to hell. Either way the sequence is about the consequences of not being a moral, responsible person.

>The sequel

He died when he rammed his fucking head into a rock

Every reboot of every franchise should be a gritty Punisher makeover.

>Gritty reboot of Snow White where the dwarves rape her and it becomes Kill Bill as she gets revenge on them

For what it's worth, the Coachman gets his comeuppance in the SNES licensed game. Pinocchio kicks the motherfucker off a cliff.
youtu.be/Ty4WQ6m1IC8?t=370

That's also already happened, more or less in the comic Fables.

>That sprite animation

Christ.

/thread
The world's a huge, scary place full of shit you can't even hope to begin to fix.

Sounds like you’re in need of some tactical undonkification ordinance.

Fables is badly written shit, and even hamfisted political nonsense.

but i don't understand why he has to eat boys to become a real boy

MAAAAAAMAAAAAAA!!!!

>Hamfisted political nonsense
Was there ever anything political beyond bigby mentioning Israel once?

no you just want to fuck a huge hairy monster