Australian real unemployment now 9.2% - 1.188 million Australians

We're totally fucked.

>In October a total of 2.454 million Australians, 19.1% of the workforce, were either unemployed (1,188,000) or under-employed (1,266,000). This is up 256,000 (up 1.7%) from October 2015;

1.188 million Australians (up 78,000 since October 2015) are unemployed and these real unemployment figures are substantially higher than the current ABS figure for September 2016 (5.6%). Australian real unemployment was 9.2% (up 0.4% in a year and up 0.7% in a month);

>The Australian workforce increased to 12,851,000 (up 188,000 since October 2015), but total employment only increased to 11,663,000 (up 110,000) – this shows there have not been enough new jobs created over the past year to soak up the growing number of people looking for work and thus the increasing size of the workforce;

roymorgan.com/findings/7049-australian-unemployment-estimates-october-2016-201611142158

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/australia/labor-force-participation-rate

twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dey Turk our jobs

>we are australia

3 whites out of 12 images

pauline pleeeeeaaaasseee

The unemployment rate here is only 7%. How the fuck is Emuland doing worse than Leafland?

>only white guy is an effeminate ginger

There's no way this is by accident.

"We" aint shit - Non-whites get the fuck out.

Someone please explain me this thing about the refugees in detention centres

Where are they coming from? The boats depart from Indonesia, right?
Indonesia isn't a war torn country. Wherever they're coming from, they get to indonesia first.
Why do they wish to come to australia if they've already successfully made asylum? The answer's obviously gibs, but why is this argument never brought up? Are they illegal in indonesia too, and just trying to jump countries until they reach australia? Does indonesia actively accept refugees? I would have imagined they would be better suited there, being a muslim country and all

Is there any truth in what I'm saying or am I just uninformed?

Fucking jews.

we better import more chinese and sudanese quick

>All those shitskins
>TFW i work in parramatta and see these cunts all the time.

They have to go back reeee

We are getting cuntloads of indians and asians working cheaply on 457 visas.

White youth are priced out of jobs by curry and rice immigration. Even chefs are eligible for 457 visas. Electricians were included in the last trade agreement eith china.

Fuck our shit politicians. Both sides have sold us down the road and its tooate for pauline to fo anything.

We are literally, without exaggeration, a banana republic.

We are still enjoying the fruits of the mining boom leading to unnecessary goods and service spending just recycling money around the economy.

The majority of our money goes to the banks to pay off mortgages for homes that noone will be able to afford in the future unless the AUD tanks against the USD.

That's actually a real National Geographic cover. HO LEE SHIT

It's all about the gibs. I would hazard a guess that Indonesia has none so they keep moving until they find a country with more gibs.

Exact same reason all the rapefugees come through Turkey, into Bulgaria and keep moving into countries like Germany, Belgium, Sweden, France and the UK.

Ain't no gibs in Turkey or Bulgaria or most of those Eastern Euro countries -- or at least nothing as good as they'd get in Germany.

I've heard sometimes they manage to make it to America, even, find out our welfare system is hard to navigate and requires you to look for work and they say fuck this and get themselves over to Europe.

What the hell are you talking about? Unemployment is still super low. In the early nineties it was at 11%.

We have a 60 percent labor participation rate.

They didn't use the same figures and the dole was the same then as it is now, which means it was much better in real terms and being unemployed wasnt a death sentence

28% of our population is born overseas

We added 5 million people in a decade or something

Also factory closures etc. too expensive to produce things in Australia

fuck off we're full

Indonesia is just where they depart from

Majority are from India, Pakistan and Iran

>India
What conflict is happening there?

Well... i guess everything to redpill people....

It's much easier getting a full time job in America than Australia, if you don't live in Melbourne or Sydney you're fucked.

We're still by far better than in 1991. We've barely dropped from the peak of 2008.

do you know how the unemployment rate is now calculated

do you know that when you stop looking for work after 4 years unemployed the government considers you employed

anyone that puts money into housing is fucking stupid.

Bring back the white Australia policy, pauline for emperor.

it actually is time to kill them all... starting with the chinese.

If you're so smart, tell us how the unemployment calculation has changed since 1991?

By in any case, being unemployed for 4 years is a long time. I can't see that having much effect on the unemployment rate.

Take a look at the participation rate, it's still comparatively high, tradingeconomics.com/australia/labor-force-participation-rate

Heil Kek

>Over 50,000 Australians are interviewed each and every year – over 1,000 Australians each weekend – to determine the Roy Morgan Unemployment estimate.
wow that sample size.......

not that the ABS is much better.

typical research house tactic make a sensational but believable claim so all the media go nuts about it.

October 2014 changes to seasonal adjustment methodology.
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/MediaRealesesByCatalogue/42E2C25BBA9FED2ECA257D6A007CBDB9?OpenDocument

That's seasonality you fool.

Im 18, it took me a little over a year and a half worth of applying everywhere in Melbourne to find a job, just to find one at hungry jacks that pays like shit and treat me like shit.

I was dropping my cv and resume in fucking everywhere, and applying to everything online. Almost every fucking day for a year, and no one fucking wanted me, I was competing with 10-20 people for every fucking job. Im 18 and unskilled, I cant fucking get a job to get the money to become skilled, this shits fucked cunts.

no shit dickhead that's what i said. I wonder what numbers create seasonally adjusted figures?

Literally the only thing holding up the housing market is Chinese investors buying property that they think will be worth something but its actually worth shit all, australias economy is going to fail when people realise their houses arent worth shit, sell up while you can. My parents sold a shitty little house that my dad bought in the 80s and got 1.5m for it.

Mate, it's always been difficult to get the first job.

You have been applying at all the obvious places that everyone applies for.

Learn a skill.

Well its a global trend if you do not live in a shithole sweatshop country. I for one, like to relax. I'm not even going to bother looking for a job because I despise working. Fuck that. There are tens of thousands unemployed who'd jump for a chance to get even shitty job because they grew up working and can't relax. Now why would I be such a prick to even try to take their jobs when i'm content with being unemployed?

You can call me worthless and it's correct. I simply don't give a fuck. Its one big breakthrough in AI technology and woah - there's hundreds of thousands new unemployed bums. Welcome to club, it's pretty chill if you don't have slave mentality. I'll try to enjoy this as long as it lasts. Maybe unemployed will be connected to some bio computer one day, with just minimum body functions supported by government. And why not, there are too many people and it's shitty life.

Real, productive jobs are not coming back unless we go full luddite. Deal with that

Just chiming in to say most of you have no fucking clue how employment is measured.

But for all you cunts out there, over 80% of all jobs created in 2016 have been part-time. So good luck finding full time work!

unlikely, it's the only taxable wealth people have now. Politicians on both sides are now heavily invested in the Aussie home concept.

This is made more difficult by the fact that state governments are totally owned by developers and high on free and easy credit.

NSW has been on the massive spending spree for at least a decade now, fuck knows where the money is coming from, but every week there's a new $10bn+ project being announced.

Who knows how big the black hole Berjekylnhyde is building.

Damn....

So Sorry Melbourne bro....

Which one is the Aussi?

Go to uni, get your HECS debt like everybody else, that's 3 years of unconditional centrelink and 3 years to find a decent job and dig your heels in.

if i had my time again I'd join the defence force and learn a trade like plumbing, electrician, carpenter.

get a great wage a trade ticket at the end of your time.

its not my first job, Id worked at mcdonalds and target before this.

I was applying everywhere for every kind of job. I cant afford to learn a skill, no cash.

Guys, guys i found a super easy way to not be unemployed in australia okay? It's deceptively simple and surprisingly not many people know about it

Step 1: don't live in sydney or melbourne

Step 2: get a job

Yeah i know, it's as easy as that!

I have no time for uni because Im working full time trying to support myself. I dont live with my parents anymore so I have to completely support myself.

Unless you live in a rural area it does not matter if you live in Sydney or not because the housing costs are increasing to match it in the surrounding cities.

"A world without bees"
>"We don't know what's causing it"
>>We know it's monsanto's carcinogenic glyphosate pesticides killing them off but we're not allowed to (((publish))) that so we'll just call it "Colony Collapse Disorder" and pretend it's a mystery

You should keep looking for a decent work place anyway, I looked around during college and basically walked into one as soon as I finished. There is some luck in places

Good post fin poof.

Jerks jerbs jerbs. Everyone obsessed with slaving away for a system that treats them like garbage.

We should be on 3 day weeks by now. This is literally the future.

This. I reckon about 50% of our economy revolves around housing. Absolutely disgusting. Possibly more.

you dont have bogans who just want to leech off of centrelink while doing drugs