Remember that time thundercats got a great reboot cancelled...

Remember that time thundercats got a great reboot cancelled, because bandai couldnt be arsed to get the toys out fast enough and even after a six months were too lazy to get any new waves out, and the creators blamed us for not buying enough toys even though there were literally only one fucking wave out at the time?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/tcs2011int/cats2011-ros-revised
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still kind of pissed.

I passed it off when it first debuted and just when I started getting into it it got cancelled

>tfw no good 2011 Kit and Kat figures ever

7 years later and im still violently angry, all this rage will never subside until the day i die. The worst part is that i actually buy figures and wanted more toys of the characters out, so im still fucking mad that not only did they not get figures out of characters i wanted but said it was my fault for not buying toys that weren't even fucking available

The hell would you want kat anyways?

Who cares. The show sucked and what they had planned for another season was even crappier.

I saw a Wilykit toy at a con a year or so back but it was 80s Wilykit.

What a smug cat.

>The show sucked
Says the faggot with no taste

Didn't that happened to some live action show on CN?

But it did suck, though. The writers hated the main character so much that they literally cucked him TWICE. With the sole exception of the episode with the plant people, everything after the pilot sucked worse than your father down at the Blue Oyster gloryhole.

Because he's fucking adorable

>i dont like something because muh self insert suffered
The writing, animation, and characters were great. Kill yourself you shit taste retard

This. The hate towards Lion-O was bizarre, and felt like some 80s kid with a Tygra fetish writing fanfiction where he was always meant to be portrayed as "awesome."

Remember that two part episode where Lion-O literally fucking died, and most of the cast kinda just shrugged it off?

Everything you said dropped in quality imediately after the pilot and only stayed cohesive until the drifter and duelist

Anyone got a MEGA link?
You guys have sold me on watching it.

>That adorable smug Kit
would protect and buy her an ice cream cone/10

>Wilykit/Lion-O was going to be canon

If nothing else, this show would have been remembered for that if it got far enough.

It wasn't a great reboot and everyone around here hated it from the second episode onwards

>Wilykit/Lion-O was going to be canon
No it wasn't you fucking pedo

Fucking furries

The show is shit past the first episode, and you're a shit human being for attempting to trick innocent people into watching this garbage.

the modern insistence on making multiple scales is fucking retarded too. okay sure maybe sancho and pedro can't buy the bigger shit, but just take the money you save by only making one scale and thus taking up less shelf space to lower your goddamn prices
we never got our good larger-scale wilykit and wilykat dammit

symmetry
remember how that isn't what happened?
it's bizarre how you have some kind of "this is how it was written" fanfiction where you're a martyr of bad writing when really it wasn't actually like that, and tygra was clearly being written as unlikeable.

Once again Sup Forumsmblr proves how fucking stupid it is and has no appreciation for things that are actually good

yeah it was though. and their age difference was negligible anyway given their races.
they are going to get married so you can either come and throw rice or stay home and pout.
just ignore it. this is the best chance we've had for a Tcats thread in a while.
post wilykit

I’m half convinced you’re just baiting at this point.

I watched the whole fucking show and it's every bit as dire as people say it is on Sup Forums.

I agree, im fucking sick of hasbro being faggots by ignoring other lines for “muh legends” and that blacks series shit which always looks terrible and is impossible to find.

>tygra was clearly being written as unlikeable

Tygra gets the girl, and basically wins everything. Season two showed no signs of that changing.

He was just a bad character in a not very well written show.

I love how youre so retarded that you think other peoples opinions are bait

Yes, it was.

It's a long-ass listen, but it has a very detailed account of everything that was going to occur in future seasons. There were going to be two time skips, with Lion-O reuniting with and becoming attracted to Wilykit after the second one.

in-universe shit went his way a lot, but the audience was clearly meant to be with lion-o
you could just as easily spout your bullshit about spider-man, that his writers hate him and make him suffer. that's the fucking point. it's identifiable. we're all miserable and nobody will listen to us despite us being the rightful king and shit.

Don’t forget the episode about the tigers that made it justified because he’s suddenly a tragic character.

Former Thundercats (2011) art director Dan Norton reveals what the creative team had planned for the rest of the short-lived series. What's Snarf's secrets? What is Pumyra's fate? And how does Bengali fit into the story? Listen in and find out (Music by Kevin Kliesch, please buy the music from your chosen music store source, support the property!)

two time skips seems unnecessary but okay.
just as long as they remember that he will always be four times her size because his dad is four times the size of her mom

I never liked that dude’s art. Everyone always looks so distained or dead eyed.

the tigers had like no bearing on him at all. least of all making him tragic. THEY were tragic kind of yeah. He was just kind of a prop in that episode.
no if anything portrayed him tragically it was when he was temporarily a robot. That came wayyy late and by then it was kind of earned, since he'd gone from a tech denier to a tech genius. it was about time tech did something fucked to him.

There's a limited quantity of art that can be posted of the pairing in a blue board.

No, Tygra was clearly written as a Sasuke archetype character, but they went too far on trying to make him look cool, and forgot to give Lion-O major faults and reasons for being hated on.

Like, you don't cuck a character twice in one season. I remember Pumyra literally getting on her knees, and kissing Mumm-Ra's ring in front of him. What the genuine fuck? That was about as close to a PG blow job as they could get away with.

The stuff with Tygra wasn't going to get better, either. Next season, Pumyra was gonna turn into a bug monster, and when Lion-O wouldn't have the balls to put her out of her misery, Tygra was gonna end up offing her.

True

I'm going to stop talking to you because you're the kind of person who uses the word cuck, but suffice it to say you're missing the point
tygra was written as a sasuke type character -for an audience who fucking hates sasuke-
you cannot possibly actually think ring-kissing is some kind of devastating thing.

sauce?
also what kind of candy bar is 'kick me' ?

I'm not the type to regularly use the word "cuck," but Jesus fucking Christ, you have that shit happen to the main character twice in one season, and something is clearly wrong with the writers.

>tygra was written as a sasuke type character -for an audience who fucking hates sasuke-

Really? Cause what was the payoff? Cause there wasn't any in season 1, and there wasn't any planned in season 2. All I'm seeing is this character being a huge asshole for potentially 52 episodes. But it's okay, cause in your mind, it's somehow "subversive"?

Maybe it's just shit.

user confirmed to lack all taste.

I thought it got cancelled because CN thought having a fake anime show like TLA was too expensive and too much work when the network has operated on short term gains for decades. Probably didn't help that it kept using the twins for pedobaiting scenes in every episode after their introduction

leads having trouble with romance is a thing. it has been a thing for ages. again, peter parker.
now the fact that cheetara did sort of halfway lead him on but was really just trying to be supportive is.... just realistic. and what pumyra did was betray the team because she was an unconvincing double agent who led him around by his dick. That's a totally separate thing. whatever happened, it sure as hell didn't happen twice.
and anyway best girl never lost faith in him.

now you are right to criticize the lack of payoff. The crew actually said once "we're making sure to write season 1 with the knowledge that season 2 is never a guarantee these days" so the ending is unforgivable. but it's pretty much the only big flaw and I don't see how there was any way around it.
technically that's the same thing as 'toys didnt sell well enough' just phrased a different way
also re: that last sentence please go reconsider your life

It is a Kitkat.
You need a larger monitor or better glasses.

At the end of the day action cartoons are toy commercials. CN would have kept making the show if the merchandising money supported it.

And there was no baiting, you are seeing what you want to see.

Mentioning this who on Sup Forums is like bringing up Trump. It's a guaranteed way to get people foaming at the mouth angry because the reality is the entire thing is one giant shit-show disaster. There's literally nothing good that can come from bringing it up.

At least with on the subject of the holocaust, something can be learned from talking about it (don't kill millions of people and try to take over the world). With Thundercats and Trump, there IS no lesson to be learned or greater understanding to be reached. Everything about it just sucks the joy out of living.

Fucking "realism" is your argument for Lion-O getting cucked twice in one season?

Remind me again, what was Pumyra's reason for hating Lion-O? Cause he couldn't magically see her stuck under a pile of rocks? So he failed as a king?

Some real awful writing all around there, and I think that's part of my problem. Lion-O was just made the butt of everything in that show.

Just because your self insert got cucked doesnt make the rest of this masterpiece bad you fucking idiot

Ohhh hahahaha I get it
dude look at it at a small size from just the hover-over and you can see how it looks like kickme in all caps

also I hope voltron's toy sales are doing well. I already kind of want to buy like three sets of lions but I have no money.
I also want to buy cute dolls of Pidge, so

>Masterpiece

Why would you go on the internet to lie, user?

You're generally supposed to relate to the main character. Especially in a kid's cartoon for babies.

I don't know what the writers were going for with fucking over Lion-O all the time.

realism is my argument for the very uncomfortable story of cheetara seeming to be coming onto him but actually just being nice. That's life.
Now I won't excuse the really fucked up bits where tygra and cheetara were like eh we're gonna throw our weapons down and fuck everyone over.. but again that made me hate them and it was clear I was meant to hate them. That was part of enjoying the show, just like liking panthro is part of the show.
Pumyra then builds on that by being a very schizo inconsistent bad actress and lion-o is like "okay maybe girls who AREN'T nice to me are in love with me"
But it's not remotely the same thing because in her case it actually was an act.
you are just a big crank and/or a troll. lion-o was always the victim you were meant to sympathize with, never the butt.

>I don't know what the writers were going for
if you don't relate to lion-o I don't want to know you.
unless you're going to give me the secret of how you lived a life that is anything but being fucked over constantly, and that secret is something other than 'be a cunt, cunts get everything, just like tygra did'

>but again that made me hate them and it was clear I was meant to hate them

Okay, so I think you're just fucking give the writers far too much credit. That wasn't a major character moment. That was a split second thing, where the two decided it was okay to just die, and was never brought up or dwelt upon again. Which made it 10x as awful.

Pretending also that Lion-O's relationships with women was some masterstroke, and not just them trying to play off drama and a growing lately 2000s shipping culture, is kinda hilarious.

Remember that comic book where Lion-O got trapped in a magic book and when he came out there was a time skip and everyone was getting raped.

Wait that show was a reboot?

Wasn't that the same reason Nickelodeon fucked over Avatar? No toys because they couldn't be arsed, so they canceled it because no toy sales?

where exactly have you been in the past 7 years?

Kill. Your. Self.

What....what did you think it was?

>tfw we will never live in the reality where He-Man 2002 and Thundercats 2011 were both successful and form a trinity with Voltron: Legendary Defender as great reboots

Go back to praising North Korea, CNNerd

I love the idea of aged up kit. Pedos go and stay go.

Do we have anymore of kit in this style?

>thundercats got a great reboot
Nigga what, the Thundercats reboot sucked ass! It was boring as fuck with nothing original about it, the characters were uninteresting and the directing was incompetent!

It was a project where it really, truly showed in every last frame that nobody on the production team gave a single fuck about it.

Man, of all the people to make halflings with, she'd be the one

Yes, please!

That shows what a fucking idiot you are, because the animation and action where god tier, be a snot nosed punk somewhere else kid

The show was so awful nobody but Wilypedos and collectors would even want the fucking figures

The writing was so absurdly shit it felt like it was hacked together from something else. The motivation for the main plot was dropped halway in. The entire thundarian civilization was written out. They changed mcguffins and went on different quests with no sense of urgency. Characters got mad, flirted or just did stupid things randomly and changed personalities and dispositions in the same episodes. Good characters got dropped after 1 appearance. Lion-O was given shit and had to learn the same lessons over and over and over. The characters all seemingly hated eachother and had to reason to stick together. Tygra was a massive unbearable cunt, Cheetara was a brainless slut following whoever was the biggest asshole, mostly Tygra. Mum-ra himself had no real motivation, not even being actually evil.

Go be a same fag with shit taste somewhere else

Check the IP counter you sad man, you're not among peers.

Maybe you're just wrong and you attachment to this show is irrational, and your zealous defense of it is a mistake. Just maybe.

You realize the show was famous for having an extreme drop in writing quality after a good pilot, right?

I think it's pretty well established that comic continuations of beloved children's cartoons are where we let the really weird shit come out

>The entire thundarian civilization was written out

Yeah, what was up with that? Were they seriously all killed?

Like, I know it's a kids show, and they can't exactly show a genocide, but the plot seemed to imply all the people in the kingdom were slaughtered over night.

I feel like having them be enslaved, or something, would've been more productive.

And the characters dont even react to it, like, you'd fucking think they'd be worried about being the last of their species alive. Also no attempt to maybe save more people, help refugees or to rebuild anything of their giant metropolis. Nope, fuck that, the only royal heir, military commander and priestess left have to go wander around instead.

And the city was the best part about the pilot too. They literally tore down every single good thing about the show as soon as it came.

What a sad man you are.

Not to mention having the kingdom's citizens enslaved would've added some urgency to the plot. "We gotta save everyone!"

What the fuck were they gonna do when Mumm-Ra was defeated? There was nothing left.

>man I sure loved this show growing up, But Im an adult now and need to show the world how not a baby I am. So lets have rape!

Silverhawks reboot when?

Indeed, that bothered me as well. From refugees with a sense of urgency in the premiere to a bunch of laid back adventurers after magical maguffins in the next. They only fixed somewhat when they show some thunderians in the mines and how pissed off Pummrya was to the royals letting just because to the point of becoming a revenant.
Also from a bunch of luddites (which exception of Lion-o, who could understand early modern clockwork level of tech) they become adept of using sci-level gizmos in a day (Seriously, how anyone besides Panthro, who had a almost 20 years to familiarize with Mummra's tech, could even operate or understand how the Thundertank worked?)
Also where everyone else went to? All those oppressed lizard slaves? Everyone around who was under the thunderians yoke? Suddenly nobody remembers anymore the local country who was depicted as the main power. The thunder cats were on foot, they couldn't move that far, too away from the borders of the thunderian kingdom or influence. Yet nobody around doesn't seem to take notice that the biggest country around got its capital reduced to rubble and population killed overnight, with all the former regime disbanded.

It's been said before and I'll say it again. The series should have been about Lion-O slowly rebuilding the empire back up after finding Cat's Lair as an ancient emergency shelter (think Helm's Deep from LOTR) and making that the castle base until he can take the actual castle back.

Eh, the way it was going in season 1 finale seemed alright enough, with the Cats and other friendly species banding together. Problem was, they mucked up so many things in between the pilot and finale that you couldn't tell if they wanted it to be just random adventures with the occasional stone find, or building up a new empire that was all inclusive.

A Brand New ip

Would have likely been kicked off with a crossover episode and then started probably after the second season wrapped up to play out while they worked on a third. Hell, they had Mon-Star appear in the flashback episode, so we know he was a thing when the Cats were still under Mumm-Ra's payroll.

>the creators blamed us for not buying enough toys
oh come on, they did NOT blame the fans. It is what it is. The show was wonderful (first few episodes, at least), albeit a whole lot of Lion-O ass kicking.

To be fair Tygra was voiced by Matt Mercer.

Didn't Mercer say he thought Tygra was kind of a dick?

Hahaha oh wow.

unf that lolifur...
should i watch this show?
i recently actually started watching original ben 10 and jesus christ... original, loli gwen....

>that completely retarded tail animation

I dunno. They apparently planned for him to get the loli. It seems they wanted to play the long game.

>we will never see an official adult version of her
Damn.