Why is Tomasi's Superman run so boring?

The only issue that I really liked was the first part of the 4th of July one.
The stories can be told in far fewer issues.
I liked more the Jurgens' run, and it has much worse plot progression.

It annoys me because it has much better reviews than other so much better comics.

Though this can be said about most of the Rebirth titles.

I really think Bendis will be a much better writer than then Superman's current ones. He just makes shit decisions.

Because you're boring

No I'm not, (you) are.

Boring retort.

Here's a (you).

Another boring retort from OP

This run is straight up terrible. It's worse than even Lobdell's and Johns' shitty new 52 runs. I don't get how anyone could find this interesting. Bland predictable plots, one dimensional characterisation, forced cliche feels good moments.

Sure thing, OP

4th of July road trip one was the most boring thing ever though. It's just Clark preaching while trying to avoid pissing off anyone that might be reading.

You are butthurt because it sucks and you like it. You have shit taste.

Looks like you're angry about being boring

I'm not even the OP, dumbass. It's funny how you dumbasses can't even form a proper sentence stating any opposing views.
>No, it's not
>Hurr durr you're boring
Always a nice retort, faggot.

It's pretty safe, I feel like the time they left Hamilton the quality of the book plummeted

Can you be more pathetic?
Here's another (you).

most of it focuses on Jon and he's pretty fucking lame
also Tomasi wasn't a very good editor and isn't a very good writer

because Tomasi is a boring writer

>I liked more the Jurgens' run

Tomasi in-between arcs SoL issues > Jurgens main plot issues > Tomasi main plot issues

>4th of July raod trip
Weak bait, if you had chosen any other issue out of the rest of them, I might have believed you.

how is some casual so wrong?
the only part of his post I liked was the image. And even that wasn't so great. but I liked it more than some of the other images on this board tonight, because it has so far fewer problems

it annoys me that this post hasn't been removed by mods

though this can be said about so many other posts tonight

I really think any other post would be better than this one, this user just has shitty opinions

>autism: the post.

How some people can be so retarded is beyond me.

>Lobdell
Jasonfags.

Jason stan.pls.

Jasonfags and Cassfags hate Tomasi.

?

Most recent issue wasn't written by Tomasi but god was it shitty.

because your faggot brain is incapable of taste

Jon was a mistake

Did they ever print any copies of these issues with the previous (2012-2016) DC logo?

>Jason was a mistake

Because dad Superman is boring.

trips>dubs

Superman x Wondawoman fags .

Yea it's gotten boring. The family dynamic is comfy and I'm thankful for that but there is no dramatic momentum or grandeur. Member they went to Apokalips recently and it was supposed to be a big deal. Felt so inconsequential.

Do not resist

OP is Jasonfag.

If you don't like Tomasi's Superman, you don't like Superman at all.

I'm a SM/WW fag but I also enjoy Tomasi's run.

Why Batman is the greatest ever .

Some guy who crossposts to Sup Forums, reddit, cbr, and twitter about how amazing Lobdell and Jason are, to a frightening degree.

I like Jon, they should be proud of him, but it's enough already. All Jon all the time. Let's get back to Superman and Clark Kent...Bendis!

It wouldn't be much of a problem if Action Comics was readable since it's more focused on Superman. That way you could have a Superman centric comic and a Superman and family centric comic.

Why are you against the American family dynamic ? Is it a threat to you? Or do you have something to gain by subverting traditional values?

>Superman
>Anything but boring
Lower your expectations buddy

Don't lump me in with that retard.
I love me some superhuman sexiness couples, but I'm more than down for Lois and Clark down to happy family too.

If you want family dynamic, read Animal Man

This

Yeah, he’s really uninteresting

Hey, Brian! What are you doing here?

Because he's a bad writer.

Jasonfag No One Cares About You -- And That's Great -

Do you think he'd give it up if Lobdell sucked his dick once? Or was an ill-advised hookup what caused his obsession?

This moment was just simply sweet .

Somehow Kings Batman managed to be worse.

>Batman out of nowhere
You are mentally ill.

sadly even Rebirth didn't save Jason.

Op >expecting me to read Lobdell or Red hood
Nice try faggots but even at his most top game he is still mediocre as fuck.

Holy fuck, this entire thread is a mess. This is what Rebirth brought to Sup Forums.

No this is what shills do. They convince the internet of something by memeing. They've done it buy placing Hush (by one of the publishers) next to top sellers like Killing Joke and Watchmen in ads, they do it in countless threads here by attacking criticism as "anti-fun" or by criticizing the user who posted it.

Now, since Bendis is on Superman, they need to stoke the small fires of the "this is boring" complaints. Nobody thinks Superman needs a shake up. The book just needed direction. And I have no doubt that between Oz Effect and the Super Sons of Tomorrow shit it fucked up their release schedule. Because Apocalypse was originally supposed to happen like back in the summer and we got extra fill in issues. Like 5 or 6 of them.

DC knew Bendis wanted the for a while, I don't doubt that. Because the first year and a half of this run was running like a well-oiled machine and it was fantastic.

So now the shills have to drum up hype by killing the hype we have for the thing they're ending.

They're going so far as to have shills claim it isn't a "reboot" when they renumbering, have a new creative team and a new status quo after a "shake-up".

Jime deserved more than the Annual and (incredible) covers based on his work on Super Sons and issue 7. Though I don't know if his work rate both speed and cost are prohibitive so there's that. Many of my favorite artists are expensive or take their time.

>All Jon all the time.
it isn't though. Especially if you read Action as well.

Hush is a top seller bc it's Jim Lee drawing Batman Greatest Hits.

>hush is a top seller because the artist is now the publisher
ftfy

The year he became publisher it was #39. The next year it was #12. It hadn't been in the top #20 since the individual volumes were released. Go sell your lies on reddit where they started reading comics after Hush came out.

>when they renumbering, have a new creative team and a new status quo after a "shake-up".
Thats not what a reboot is. A reboot is Post-Crisis Superman changing into New52 Superman. A total continuity clean sweep. A renumbering is just a renumbering. Or a revamp, if you want to get technical. That's what happens to Carol Danvers every year.

>A reboot is Post-Crisis Superman changing into New52 Superman. A total continuity clean sweep. A renumbering is just a renumbering. Or a revamp, if you want to get technical. That's what happens to Carol Danvers every year.

That's not what a reboot is. A reboot is:
>Reboot: restart or revive (a process or sequence, especially a series of films or television programs); give fresh impetus to.

you don't get to just make up definitions to suit your point. You're deciding that marketing spin, the same spin they used on Rebirth, is correct and that actual definitions don't matter.

Rebirth was a reboot. What they're doing with Bendis and everything Superman is a reboot. You can disagree but you can't say "if you want to get technical." because while I don't give a fuck about danvers, and while Batson will always be the real captain marvel, I'm operating on a legitimate definition and you are not.