Are western cartoons inferior to anime?

Are western cartoons inferior to anime?

what's anime?

no

Cartoons from japan

japan?

aren't they all made in Japan, or at least Korea?

A country to the east of chin.

so Chinese cartoons?

I don’t know, which industry is currently shitting out movies that gross pass the billion mark every year?

sorry, for some reason japan and cartoons just dont make any sense

Yes. The current state of western TV animation is laughable.

but Cory in the House is not even animated!

A country to the east of china.

No.

japan has cartoons?

yes

Anime isn't doing much better desu

>he still watches television

yes to anime not being better

>more merch
>more fan art
>more series in a year including long running ones
>cute grills

Its entirely objective, but it can't be denied that the nips put a shit ton more precedence into anime than the west does cartoons. When the west takes its shit seriously, they can pull of quality as good as any anime. There is just more Anime meaning more good anime, and more shit anime.

But Western (especially in the US/anglosphere) animation and cartoons are divided between the mega projects like Tangled, Frozen etc, and the side on comedy where the visuals are secondary to the gags. Archer, Family Guy, Simpsons, all designed to be viewed from the side and churn out witty banter.

Plus people forget that the shit anime never gets much attention outside of Sup Forums for a few threads.

And IMHO the nips don't care about political messaging as much as the west. In the west we seem to micro examine each cartoon and it gets bogged down in controversy if it doesn't tick the boxes.

Also this guy has a point. Unless its on netflix or such, no one will watch it.

inferior how?

Like Japan makes better shows but they also just make more shows, like a ton more and there are a lot of anime that are so trash they would make you praise TTGO as a work of brilliant inspiration

The only way Japan is actually superior is in raw numbers, and then the raw numbers cause them to have more highs and lows than Western Animation because of shear volume

when did japan have cartoons?

>cute grills

Saucy

yes. The worst anime is still better than the worst cartoon. You can thanks Canada for this, and canada produce more than half of them these days

Anime are objectively garbage.I watched a lot of anime, I want to watch the next seasons of One Punch Man, Attack on Titan and Prison School.
They have good plot, good characters, are funny but the art is objectively shit, it's painful.
And saying anime is better than anything is fucking retarded. You have to suffer of a high level of autism to think anime are better than anything.

>standing in front of him
>yet looking behind him

every time

What's with the all retarded weeb shit today?

Sup Forums mods crackdown on some shitposts so some Sup Forums faggots move here. Mods in Sup Forums don't give a shit as long as the topic is tangently related to comics or cartoons.

Its been a shit show for the last few days.

no arguments? no arguments.

To be fair you have to have a really high iq to like anime.

Nothing you posted has anything to do with any end game quality of anime

>Prison School
>good plot

The better studios produce shows that have higher animation budgets and experienced/dedicated staff, thus objectively look better alot of the time.

Show writing is extremely hit and miss, though, and there's too much waifu/lolifagging for anime to be considered as a whole better than any other media genre.

well, there is a difference between "assembled in china" and "made in china"
something like an iphone is assembled in china, but the software and patents were all made in america, with china only putting it together
meanwhile a huawei is "made in china" since all the circuits and software that make it are from china as well

so an american cartoon is still american even if they have a studio in korea, since the story boards and scripts as well as the voice work are done in america, while korea just does all the menial labor in putting it together

Yes it does. user asked about the current state of the industry. Learn two reed

I didn't refer to prison school when I said plot.

comics are, but not cartoons

It happens all the time. If mods are going to tolerate this, they should at least have an "Anime Shitposting General" or some such thing to confine the cancer.

>Prison School
get that SJW garbage out of here!

I didn't think it was possible for a human being with at least half of their senses to enjoy Prison School. Easily the worst animated anything I saw last year.

nope

western cartoons metamorphosed into some different thing

except for mega corps like disney pixar theres no such thing anymore

people cite how anime has all sorts of genres while cartoons don't but you never hear about what other tv shows japan has other than guys in suits and weird game shows.

might as well put a big neon sign on your post saying "THIS IS BAIT, PLEASE ARGUE FOR MY AMUSEMENT"

Yeah, but a little more to the east.

Classic? Yes
Modern? Hell no

fucking cringe

I'd say so. There's more variety and shows like Polar Bear's Cafe and Mushishi get made.

>use genjutsu
>make superman think he's in a galaxy without a yellow sun
>he becomes powerless
would this work?

it's that shit that keeps being posted on the wrong board.

No that would just make Supes hit without restraint.

>tfw popuko and pipimi will never dominate me.

I’m looking forward to way more anime than cartoons at least
Next season looks fucking great while few upcoming cartoons seem very appealing

Yes for simply the fact that Japs actually give a fuck about animation and treat itmore than just kiddie shit.

Bendis Stop!

Sure, why not. Not like people are wandering around when they're under genjutsu.

>another "animu is superior" thread
>only posts DBZ

How to spot a nigger in three posts

yes

Doesn't genjutsu require the target to have a chakra system?

that makes me squeamish when you think about it, naruto people literally have a series of tubes in their bodies that we don't.