How the fuck could you not like Netflix Punisher?

How the fuck could you not like Netflix Punisher?

Why does the attempt for that line to come off as profound come off as excessive and muddled?

*unintelligible growling*
RRRRRUUUUUUUUUUGH

>we don't know ourselves either
>the only thing you really know is yourself

>I'm so special and that's why NO ONE GETS WHAT I DO
that's literally tumblr tier

could have been good but it marinaded around in the middle like most netflix marvel series

>All that text
I'll tell you what I don't know. What the hell all of that means. It meanders so much it's almost unintelligible, and it even contradicts itself.

And knowing is half the battle!

Fuck, the more I reread this the less sense it makes. Did you edit this line, OP?

>what people don't understand about is that they don't understand us
>our enemies don't know us and neither do we, that's why we only know ourselves

>Netflix Punisher
>Netflix

It's clearly in the name, dummy.

Because they fundamentally fucked up what makes the Punisher fun. No one gives two shits about conspiracies or Frank's self justification. Punisher is about REALLY bad guys getting killed by the guy who's code of justice is "Put the motherfucker in the ground".

The netflix series was 80% everyone else talking about him, 15% frank being on screen because oh yeah, titular character, and 5% edgy violence. And the violence wasn't even that good from what I saw when it was running in the background. More knife fights and stand offs than Frank wading through 3 dozen gangsters like a man on a mission.

There's only so much "A brooding guy beats up people in a poorly lit places" I can handle.

I only really enjoyed Jessica Jones out of Netflix lineup because it actually did something interesting (Even if it did it poorly)

>Because they fundamentally fucked up what makes the Punisher fun.
I kind of think that's the problem with the series. They seemed to have hangups with the idea that a Punisher series should be fun, or that the violence should feel gratifying, and instead seemed to want to have a dour reflection on the effect of violence and the problems of veteran treatment. Basically, all the deeper significance of the Punisher as a character dialed up past its proper role, and way too heavy-handed, to the expense of the thing people actually enjoy: criminals getting Franked.

Also that weird cuck subplot came out of nowhere.

I kept tuning in on the drama parts and going "did I just miss the part where he was killing gangsters? Cause if so I can wait and come back later when he's killing again."

Basically I wanted more Punisher War Zone, instead we got Frank Castle the ex-marine.

>Also that weird cuck subplot came out of nowhere.
>be lanklet jew
>have comfy job and brains
>have a huge dick
>still get cucked by a brooding manlet
When will they learn?!

I enjoyed it but could see why Punisher fans didn't like it. Daredevil s2 was more straight punisher, Punisher didn't really have a lot of punishing going on and the scenes where he was punishing weren't amazing as action scenes after seeing something like John Wick.

I didn't really mind the conspiracy plotiline persay, don't even mind the morality talk because that was always going to be an element of a netflix marvel series- but I guess I am a little annoyed that they skipped over the entirety of the punishing he did after daredevil.

It feels like people wanted this series to go either full shameless criminal murder or go completely ashamed political statement on PTSD and gun violence when it wasn't willing to do either, and that suited me.

Jesus that reads like an idiot who thinks he's deep. I guess that's very fitting for Frank.

>watch The Punisher
>less than 30 minutes of punishing in the entire show
Yeah, no. Fuck you.

Because is not a Punisher show, they only used the character iconic simbol for easy views but was little more than clickbait

...what

He's saying it doesn't really feel like a punisher show or focus as much as it should on the punisher which i get

I actually kinda liked Dinah (at least compared to misty from luke cage, a similar character who's acted awfully) , but it focuses a lot on Lewis and random people surrounding Frank. There isn't that MUCH punisher punishing people. It's not like they didn't know what people liked, the trailer was like exclusively shootouts.

because half the show was Micro bitching about his life and Frank lounging around his garage not doing anything, and the other half was about some twat suffering from ptsd that didn't matter in the slightest

Not enough frank franking criminals.
Stupid conspiracy bullshit.
Warzone was best punisher movie

Because Sup Forums has shit taste.

Frank is doing all this shit because it's personal to him. I like Frank doing shit because people are doing evil shit to others.

>But it's an origin
That's probably why it's not fun then.

MyMan.webm

Netflix cape shows constantly make me catch myself thinking "another show already did this and did it better". I don't know why, since plenty of shows are derivative or have derivative elements, but they just don't stand out as much to me.

Please don't tell me that's actually in the show. That makes no fucking sense.

Lrn2read

>not starting with 'ey lemme ax you summin

Because it was boooooooring as hell. I came here to watch the Punisher punish some fucks. Instead I get the Mumbler who mumbles and broods and barely kills people. Also the cop lady was boring and cringy as hell.

It reminds me of that crazy robot from Futurama.

It stopped being a Punisher show after the first episode and turned into some weird story about a Jew pseudo-cuckolding another Jew, plus Frank fighting the military. I honestly should have known better after he put down the skull literally within like the first twenty minutes.

This series was basically Netflix's Shooter 2.0, but bad.

I feel like the first episode is the only good one out of this season.

also when he does actually start punishing people it's fancy John Wick shit instead of him just franking mooks

>>But it's an origin
>That's probably why it's not fun then.
When they finally did a run on Frank's origin, it was amazing, though.

I think it's fundamentally worse than fucking up what "made the Punisher fun." It's closer to fucking up what made the Punisher 'The Punisher.'
Frank Castle is not redeemable. He doesn't want to be. He would find the idea abhorrent. The Punisher isn't a hero. The Punisher isn't an anti-hero and the first person who would agree with the Punisher being a villain is Frank Castle.
The whole Netflix series was justifying Frank's transformation, justifying the Punisher, and portraying a much less damaged and 'salvageable' man. Netflix and the mouse just wouldn't go full Frank. Whether they thought they couldn't sell that kind of character or they were afraid of backlash in the media who knows.

>already set up Frank as the Punisher in other show
>he's already starting his crusade against criminals, armed to the teeth and wearing the skull
>lol let's backtrack all that shit
and this is pretty spot on, they were afraid of having an unlikeable protagonist
all we can hope now is, if there's ever a second season, we can get over muh ptsd muh military complex and muh origin

>The Punisher isn't a hero. The Punisher isn't an anti-hero and the first person who would agree with the Punisher being a villain is Frank Castle.
This. So much this. It's why Garth Ennis's "le chain vigilante and give him a gun and see who he shoots" scene he did with Daredevil makes me cringe.

The fact is that, imagine for a second Punisher has proven Matt whatever the fuck his point he was making and Matt started killing criminals like he does. Punisher would be first one to hunt him down.

Fuck warzone was awesome , that scene and Jigsaw delivering his speech in front of the giant flapping American flag always crack me up.

not black enough

Because a two paragraph long faggy soliloquy poorly touching upon such inane topics as "the service really fucks a man up you know" is as thoroughly detached from anything that people liked about the Punisher as you can really be?

The Punisher is a cathartic character that starkly contrasts with his cape comic peers; designed differently, written differently, drawn differently.
Netflix Punisher is a fucking Daredevil spinoff that looks, sounds, and is written identical to every other shitty Netflix cape comic adaptation.
Take a moment to guess why that doesn't work.

Punisher is not a fucking bad guy, he's no better than Dexter or light Yagami

He want to hurt criminals, that's all he want in his life is hurt and kill criminals, he don't give a fuck about their reasons or if the can repent.He's fucking edge incarnate

If you try to make him a good boy then you already failed

What's amazing is how easy it is to get right and they stills manage to fuck it up.

because it was a Jason Bourne conspiracy show, not a Punisher kills a shit-ton of criminal scum show. And it was fucking boring for long stretches of time which is one thing the Punisher should never be.

Except John Wick is good because he's so efficient. It isn't Matrix shit, he's just killing as many people as fast as possible and it happens to be well-choreographed. Netflix Punisher has him going way too slowly and looking at you often wonder why someone isn't just shooting him while he's doing something cinematic.

this. Netflix should hire john wick choreographer and send Bernthal for same course Keanu took.

The middle 10 or so episodes are all a big ol snoozefest. "muh shady military conspiracy" has been done a thousand times, and spending so much time on the lame cliche FBI lady as well as the villains who were all given wooden performances. Just a huge disappointment, it picked up like 2 or 3 episodes before it ended but by that time the series had a huge stain on it.

Its absolutely the worst of the netflix marvel series. Even worse than defenders and Iron Fist. Even worse than the first 3 episodes of Jessica Jones.

>have frank mowing down cartels bikers and shit
>he burns the skull right after
>set up the Gnucci family
>forget about them
everytime this show wanted to be Punisher it somehow pussied out
Frank wasnt made for Netflix, he should be on HBO

and to add insult to Injury
the most Un-Punisher thing this show has is a boring villian

Because I wanted Frank to frank people. The man is a force of nature, it's one of the reasons his personal mission of killing criminals works so well with him, he hates them and nothing can stop him.

Because I'm not an edgy 15 year old.

LEMME ASK YOU SOMETHING HOW IS MY SHOW NOT PURE KINO?

Please be patient, he has brain damage.

I like a good Punisher speech.

>He doesn't Frank enough Franks
>shows too much emotion
>Cucks his battle buddy
>RAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH

I'm not gonna say I hate it, but it wasn't perfect.

Plus, he only really punished like seven guys, he's the punisher, I felt like they were afraid to show Frank doing Frank.

Frank kills gangbangers and pimps in New York, I know the stigma well, but a lot of those guys are as black as me, you can only kill the entire mob so many times.

>Start the season moping and not being Punisher
>End the season moping and not being Punisher
I mean I went in expecting this to be an origin story deal, but there is no fucking reason to start and end your season IN THE SAME FUCKING PLACE. THERE'S NO GOD DAMNED CHARACTER ARC. I wanted a slow drop into the dark, brooding gun wielding maniac we all know and love.
Not that it matters, because I at least just wanted a few good Franking scenes, but he was only acting like Punisher for the first episode and like the last two. Until he quits. Again. Which means even if we get a Season 2, we have to dedicate another episode or 3 to him getting his groove back.

This.

Because he stops being the Punisher at the end. I'm stunned that anybody could fail to grasp the character that profoundly. There are only two things that I really consider non-negotiable about Frank: he kills people who deserve to die, and he is incapable of stopping or being stopped. Literally everything else is up for grabs. How in fuck do you end a Punisher series with Frank as an ordinary civilian with a clean criminal record, satisfied that there's no need for further Franking? Boggles the fucking mind.

You really shouldn't put Rawlins in any position of power. He works the best as a cowardly lowlife scumbag.

Kek.

This.

They were too afraid of appealing to the right wing, so they made him a mope who only fought military guys.

It's just weird that Punisher's never really translated successfully to television or film because like, there's a lot of stuff where you could put the skull on the dude in it and it'd still work the same.

Like, I guess John Wick's in everyone's mind. Change the dialogue about the assassin shit and put the skull on Keanu. I'm pretty sure I'm only thinking this because some other user pointed out how obvious Keanu would like like Punished Frank in another thread.

The Dolph Lundgren Punisher was okay in my book. Flawed, definitely, but I think it's a lot closer to the core of Punisher than this Netflix trash.

>Like, I guess John Wick's in everyone's mind. Change the dialogue about the assassin shit and put the skull on Keanu. I'm pretty sure I'm only thinking this because some other user pointed out how obvious Keanu would like like Punished Frank in another thread
I mentioned a Punisher vs John Wick cross-over in some thread last week. Glad I'm not the only one seeing the similarities