So why did they try to push gwen stacy so hard in both the comics and the ASM movies...

So why did they try to push gwen stacy so hard in both the comics and the ASM movies, when most people dont give a shit about her character?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2016/03/08/has-the-killing-joke-been-removed-from-dc-comics-continuity-/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Emma Stone is a literal 10/10 Goddess and cutie.

Delete yourself and your post for liking the worst Emma.
Literally Emma for braindead normies.

Yeah i agree, much better then that ugly bitch jennifer lawrence, whos face is so puffy she looks like she got stung by a hive of bees

Spider Gwen is a actually a pretty cool way to have your cake and eat it. With the direction Marvel is currently going in, it would only be a matter of time before The Night Gwen Stacy Died would be deemed "problematic" and unironacally have to get retconned so that Gwen doesn't die. This may sound ridiculous, but consider the fact that DC almost retconned the Killing Joke in The Batgirl and only copped out because of the animated adaptation. If DC could do it, what potentially stopped Marvel? But by having a parallel universe in which Gwen does live and goes on to become a superhero they could please both parties. This is pretty much the best solution they could've gone with.

>With the direction Marvel is currently going in, it would only be a matter of time before The Night Gwen Stacy Died would be deemed "problematic" and unironacally have to get retconned so that Gwen doesn't die.
The problem is they shouldnt have gone in that direction in the first place. Its fucking amazing how these people bitch about “equality” but throw a tmeper tantrum whenever a woman is involved in as much amount of violence as a man

Is it because Marvel Comics didn’t want to emphasize MJ as Peter’s true love anymore? I would also assume that Sony felt it would help differentiate the Amazing series from the Raimi movies.

It did seem like MJ was supposed to be pretty prominent in ASM 2, until they cut Shailene Woodley completely out of the movie.

>most people dont give a shit about her character?
Wrong. And she isn't pushed hard. She has an au title and sometimes crossovers with other titles.
I don't like her that much but you have shit taste and are retarded.

>This may sound ridiculous, but consider the fact that DC almost retconned the Killing Joke in The Batgirl and only copped out because of the animated adaptation
Why are you just making shit up, this literally never happened. Even in New 52 when they gave her the ability to walk again they kept TKJ canon.

How was Shaliene so ugly in ASM 2? She's a good looking girl.

>Wrong.
No one that isnt a waifu fag likes her or knew about her before amazing spider man
>And she isn't pushed hard.
>what is spider gwen
>what is gwenpoole
>what is all the gwen stacy variant covers they did

comicbook.com/2016/03/08/has-the-killing-joke-been-removed-from-dc-comics-continuity-/
And just after that shitstorm with the Joker cover. It's clear what the original intention was.

>>what is gwenpoole
A fun trick by the creators to detect retards like you who have never read her book and thus don't know that she has nothing to do with Gwen Stacy?

She has gwen in her name and looks like her, just because shes not the same character doesnt mean gwen wanking wasnt there intention you fucking wafiu retard

Sony hates repeating Spider-Man characters for some reason, so we got Gwen instead of MJ. The comics pushing Gwen was a result of how popular Garfield and Stone's relationship was at the time.
Honestly, if they had just gone with MJ and casted Emma as her too it would have been better.

>looks like her
no?

I get the thinking there, but that’s seems like a stretch to say that removed Killing Joke from continuity.

The tweet from Babs Tarr was the most compelling part, but that combined with the statement from Cameron Stewart reads more to me as them throwing the tumblr crowd a bone by giving a little piece of evidence to support the head-canon that killing joke never happened.

Gail Simone’s nu52 run focused pretty heavily on the after effects of Killing Joke on Barbara and I don’t see how this undies that at all.

>The comics pushing Gwen was a result of how popular Garfield and Stone's relationship was at the time.
This started before amazing even came out. I heard somewhere it was because one of the execs was a huge gwen fag and demanded she be pushed in the comics

Marvel editorial + the Spiderman team was overrun by Gwenfags for awhile.

The first ASM movie came out 3 years before Spider Gwen.

I dont understand why such an overrated comic is so important to the lore and getting so many callbacks, but DC is fucking dumb to try to encourage sjws stupidity by trying to get a comic rectoned for “hurting a womyn” when shes a fucking superhero and beats people up all the time

Huh, i guess you were right. Couldve sworn it was in 2012. Anyways i never say popularity for that pairing, in fact the people i knew hated it, and i still believe reason for it

Again, I don’t think DC was trying to retcon Killing Joke, I think Stewart and Tarr were trying to appease the tumblr crowd who got so upset about the cover.

I don’t disagree that Killing Joke is a bit overrated, but it’s still a solid comic. If nothing else, the monologues that Moore wrote for Joker are 10/10

I always heard their chemistry was the saving grace of the two movies, aside from the action scenes. Maybe it's an echo chamber since Emma Stone is waif

>I always heard their chemistry was the saving grace of the two movies
I only heard that from the nostalgia critic, and if its mainly associated with him then i dont want to listen to that opinion

Clearly I can't speak for everyone here but I just like the order of Peters love life, I like knowing she's going to die. for Spider-Man or any hero story really, seeing someone fail like that is really moving to me. And I'd just like to see it be apart of his story. I'd like an entire movie before MJ where he's just dealing with her death and his shortcomings. It's not so much her I like but what she meant to Peter.

In the comics though, that shit is over and behind him, I don't want Gwen back in any form. DEAD IS BETTER.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

i want fuck emma stone in gwen stacy form

How many people have you seen actually called for it to be retconned?

Not 'Well it's an important part of comic history but also kicked off a negative trend'. People who actually want it undone.

Getting sick of this 'Oh, someone critiqued a piece of media, they must want it destroyed' mentality.

>Getting sick of this 'Oh, someone critiqued a piece of media, they must want it destroyed' mentality.
Ive seen at least 10 bitchs at comic shops or cons talking as loud as they can about how comics like killing joke are apart of rape culture and how characters like tony and steven need to be written out for being “apart of the old guard”. It happens all the time and i hope these cancerous dykes either learn from there stupidity or die cold and alone becasue no one wants to deal with their bullshit

No you haven't.

>give examples of how you are wrong
>i-i dont believe you
Pathetic

Casual detected.

>No one that isnt a waifu fag likes her or knew about her before amazing spider man
Implying that's wrong.

Please, tell me more about how the evil ess jay doubleyous came into your house and pulled your pants down and called you a loser. They sound so very believable.

Again with the strawmans, someone seems a bir threatened that a person makes one complaint about your shitty movement invading comics.

Which Emma is the best Emma on Sup Forums? Dumont?

You may be mixing a few things, is why.

OMD originally was supposed to do more changes, the main change wasn't just that Peter and MJ never got married, it was that Peter got Harry help for his drug problem in time, which prevents Sins Past from happening and also prevented The Night Gwen Stacy Died. That was why Harry was alive and Gwen was going to be revealed to be alive, too. But they got cold feet about doing so much change to the timeline (and bringing Gwen back was hotly debated) that they only changed the marriage and stuff after (like how Harry "died" but was dug up by Norman and Mysterio and sent off to rehab in Europe)

is partly right in that there were people in power at Marvel who liked Gwen, such as Jeph Loeb, but Loeb didn't really have any influence on the Spider-Man comics. Had he gotten to write Spider-Man I would not be surprised if he brought Gwen back to life. I have no way of knowing if Quesada prefers Gwen over MJ.

ASM came before the intro of Spider-Gwen, since she debuted during Spider-Verse in 2014. Spider-Gwen's popularity was partly due to Emma Stone and partly due to the costume design. Plus there was the initial intrigue of seeing what her Earth was like.

And Nostalgia Critic wasn't the only one saying that the Peter/Gwen relationship was the saving grace of the ASM films. Either Kevin Feige or Alan Horn sent an e-mail to Amy Pascal asking why they needed to kill Gwen off (or kill off so soon) because they were aware people liked the Peter/Gwen relationship in the first ASM film. And I have to agree, it was a dumb move because it felt like they needed to be like the comics without understanding why it worked in the comics (Gwen was a longtime supporting cast member and so the death was shocking; ASM is hindered by how long-time readers would know Gwen eventually gets killed off, & killing her in the second movie after introducing her in the first is like premature ejaculation).

Here we see proof that Gwenpool is a pleb filter, since the pleb is doubling down after revealing himself.

Gwen stacy is the perfect self insert, and the easiest character to write because of that

Gwen is legit a retard

>Gwen is legit a retard
You have an iq lower than 2.