>Avengers #675- 79,946
>Avengers #676- 39,094
>Avengers #677- 38,481
>Avengers #678- 37,403
looks like the readers didn't surrender for No Surrender

We all saw it coming, they have been fucking over this comic for ages

Too expensive and weekly.

this
Turns out most people really don't want to buy anything more than once a month. It's too expensive, even if you put it at 2.99.

what does Fox have to do with it?

OH NO NO NO NO

2 smashes at EVO instead of MvCI

That image keeps making me think of a scenario where Thanos starts a shitposting thread going "Who would kill the other first, Superman or Goku" and then Goku responds first with "Goku would smash Superman like Dragon Ball FighterZ smashed Marvel vs Capcom Infinite", then Superman responds with a post going "No way, Superman would trounce Goku like Injustice 2 trounced MvC: I" And then Fox posts "Hey, can't we get along? I mean it's not like your games didn't make it on the Evo lineup."

>even if you put it at 2.99.
Which they didn't.

Holy shit marvel.

Issue 1 was 5 bucks instead

#675 was $5 like said, the rest were $4.

There's another $4.99 issue coming up too (though I think that one's a little longer)

how are the numbers compared to US Avengers and Uncanny Avengers the books that got canceled for No Surrender, People also have no patience for Voyager and Sentry style retcons

Also the story itself is pretty boring (and has been done better in other comics). Also all the writers different styles/voices clash hard and it just feels weird.

The sales for these three issues are better than the cancelled titles. Here are the numbers for December:
>Avengers 674 33,199
>Uncanny Avengers 30 23,044
The last issue of U.S. Avengers #12 (in November) was 12,102.
We need to see the numbers for month 2 or 3 of this 16 part event to really see what the weekly attrition will be.

I don't even know what the plot is I'm so out of the loop. I just saw Infinity Gems and checked out

This isn't related to the Infinity Gems.

This is one of the reasons that ASM lost a lot sales after OMD. It started triple shipping and people only really bought one of a few issues a month.

I wonder how DC got away with doing 52. That was such a monster of a series and the fact it had only B-listers was amazing. Then again they had all their best writers on it.

Secret Wars meets Contest of Champions, Earth is stolen everyone but the Avengers are frozen in place.

52 was a weird, weird anomaly. I haven't looked at the numbers of every issue, but it looks like it managed to stay between 110K-90K for the entirety of the thing, at a $2.50 price point. That was a time when most Marvel and DC books were $2.99. I think 52 was successful because they had made a little "mystery box" style thing around it. The rest of their books jumped forward a full year, and the miniseries was supposed to fill in the blanks (the mystery) as to what happened to everyone during it. People were interested in learning how the status quo got set up. You can almost compare it to how they have Doomsday Clock set in the future right now, and apparently every other book will catch up to the beginning of it by the time it ends.
Countdown ($2.99) meanwhile started (in the same month that 52 ended) at 91K, and ended at around 67K.
We are never going to see those numbers again. I think most recently Futures End in 2014 happened, and that had a range of 70K-31K

>there will never be an Avengers comic as good as the EMH cartoon
feels bad

There's also the whole "No Surrender will be moot by the time Infinity Whatever" starts up. It's why announcing your Next Big Event before the current Big Event even starts is a bad idea.

It also helps that it was actually pretty good. It was advertised as a good jumping on point and it lived up to the hype. Even today, it's still seen as a essential for anyone wanting to get into DC.

This isn't a big event it's just an epilogue for 2 canceled books.

That's pretty good, user.

That and simple event/relaunch fatigue. We just had Secret Empire wrap up in August last year, followed by the Generations minis, then the Legacy relaunch and renumberings, and now the weekly No Surrender, with Infinity Countdown on the Horizon. People are burnt out and can't really bring themselves to give much of a shit.

It’s also just plain boring. Nothing is happening issue to issue and the “mystery” of Voyager just isn’t compelling.

Marvel is dead and nothing of value has been lost