DuckTales

Why the fuck is this still on hiatus? We only got 9 episodes.

It's not like the ratings weren't good enough.

>Literally one episode has aired since the month of Dec

>Big Hero 6 also on hiatus

Nick, CN, and Disney all need to be stopped they're actively trying to kill the business that made them all Multi Billionaires

shit ratings compared to TTG so it's getting cancelled

Disney is not in anyway competing with CN especially over animation since WB could give a shit about any of its licenses that aren't strictly batman focused

disney and cartoon network are big competitors... WTF are you smoking senpai?

It is effectively impossible to compete with TTG's ratings because it is the only show CN ever airs. So by default, it has a huge viewership share.

Disney XD is fucking garbage with its treatment of cartoons and should be purged.

From Angones' twitter:

>I am not a calm person by nature. If I thought this hiatus was somehow going to damage the show, I’d be freaking out all over the place. But I’m not, am I? Which must mean that I know some special secret something that erases my fears. Disney is actually doing very right by us.

>I know people are upset because they’re so excited about seeing what’s next. I urge you to stick with us. Hopefully we’ll be able to share more info soon.

He can say what he likes, but the fact remains a semi-new show disappearing for four months after only just premiering is not going to hold the interest of the general public. The ratings are fucked.

He acted calm when Wander Over Yonder was floundering too, Angones isn't reliable at all. He probably knows DT is doomed.

Damage control. You don't build hype by delaying new content. That's how you kill any product.

>Why the fuck is this still on hiatus?
Probably becuase they don't know what the fuck they're doing

He sounds a lot like the people who made Green Lantern TAS during their hiatus.

That didn't end well

I think part of the problem is Disney, based on the extent of DT's marketing before the premiere, seems to be operating under the delusion that the show should be getting ratings like Spongebob and TTG (i.e. over a million per episode) which isn't going to happen because A: less people use cable TV these days and B: Disney XD is a premium channel anyway. And now that reality is biting them in the ass, they're putting it on hiatus.

If they want big ratings like that, they need to dump it on Netflix or something. Broadcast TV is dying.

>If they want big ratings like that, they need to dump it on Netflix or something. Broadcast TV is dying.
They're already ahead of your line of thinking. They're in the middle of developing their own streaming service.

I think Disney XD just doesn't give a shit. WOY, Tron, Motor City, they were all fucked over by XD not promoting them/erratic scheduling. I'm amazed Star and Gravity Falls have managed to survive.

God, that was embarrassing, especially since I actually like Volpe. But him publicly shitting on CN, while it made for some entertaining Twitter content, did cost him animation work for a long while.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but evidently they DO give a shit about DuckTales because the marketing campaign has been HUGE and they've tried to force it into a bunch of popular YouTube channels via paid promotion. So why are they now fucking it over?

Apparently, season 2 will start in October this year, right after the last episode of season 1 ends.

Season 1 only had a few eps so far, unless I'm mistaken - Short season?

Source?

Disney is promoting this show all across the world. In Japan, the first five episodes (Woo-oo is split in Woo-oo and Return from Atlantis) up to the Beagle Boy Massacre will be shown there next Saturday.
They probably want the entire world to be approximately at the same level.

It will be a full 20+ episode season.

Still 13 episodes of season 1 to go, apparently, as well as an additional 44 minute episode (which I assume will be the finale).

So 21 episodes and 2 specials in total.

>tfw Japan gets to view the episodes in the correct, optimal order while burgers get fucked over because of holiday tie-ins

So..when's the rest of season 1?

Yeah, it's a little bit front-loaded on Webby, Della and Magica. Since according to Agones, the correct viewing order ought to be by production code, the optimal view would be:
101&102
>Woo-oo!
>Daytrip of Doom!
>The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest!
>The Great Dime Chase!
>The Beagle Birthday Massacre!
>The House of the Lucky Gander!
>The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!
>The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!
>Terror of the Terra-firmians!

Nobody knows. Most likely not February.

This is such a perfect order, it balances the characters out and makes it so we're not stuck in fucking Duckburg (Fuckburg, if you will) for like 4 episodes in a row.

The source for season 2 airing in October is based on some Amazon article meant to be sold at the same time as season 2 airs. Something about an Adventure Guide or something like that.

According to DVTA it's not in March either. Fingers crossed for April, but God knows what they think they're doing.

The balance is perfect, actually. Each character gets an episode to themselves.

Woo-oo: Scroge and Dewey
Daytrip of Doom: Webby
Mt. Neverrest: Huey and Scrooge
Dime Chase: Louie
Beagle Massacre: Webby and Lena
Lucky Gander: Donald
Mummies of Toth-Ra: Scrooge, Louie, Launchpad
Terra-firmians: Huey, Beakley, Lena

About the only character who gets a bit shortchanged is Dewey. This order also solves the 'WEBBY REEEEEEEEEE' problem.

They're already planning season 2 merchandise? Getting a bit ahead of themselves, aren't they?

Yeah, location wise, it's really almost always switching between Duckburg and other places.
Duckburg, Atlantis, Duckburg, the Himalayas, Duckburg, Duckburg, China, Duckburg, Egypt, Duckburg.

>Big Hero 6 also on hiatus

This is really stupid, because they had launched press releases about coming out with shorts and two advance episodes on their apps by December and January, only to not do anything at all.

I think I remember one complaint that there were a handful of episodes without Scrooge at all, when someone in production said whoever made the airing schedule was a moron because why would you make the first couple episodes about Ducktales lack any amount of Scrooge. I think we're past all Scooge-less episodes now though.

>They're already planning season 2 merchandise? Getting a bit ahead of themselves, aren't they?
It makes sense, though. That stuff needs to be pre-approved months in advance.

For a while I assumed they were reducing his appearances because David Tennant is fuckin' expensive, but I'm glad to have been since proven wrong.

I do hope we'll get a flashback episode showing how Beakly and Webby came to live with Scrooge.

Ehh, I’m not really that interested in them. I’m just hoping we get more Best Boy on adventures, preferably with Scrooge and the nephews. And for Dewey to not be dead weight. Maybe have him be the one that takes after Donald with the impulsiveness, rage, and inhuman hardiness or something, I dunno, just have him stop being so useless.

But Dewey's schtick is that he's a dead weight, who seeks to somehow differentiate from the others.
Also, I kinda doubt that any of the triplets would really ever have Donald's rage. Even Donald needed to be fucked over by life over and over and over again for years for him to develop his simmering anger.
He doesn't look like he would however let such things happen to his sister's kids.
He probably even cuddled them until they were like 8 or so.
If he could have afforded it, he'd probably have them all inside some safety bubble.

>But Dewey's schtick is that he's a dead weight, who seeks to somehow differentiate from the others.
Yeah but see that’s an awful Schtick and makes a majority of his appearances really hard to bear. Like seriously, he was a waste of screen time in mummies of Toth-Ra. Also Being quick tempered avatars of wrath is actually something that runs in both sides of Donald and Della’s family.
Besides Donald’s rage isn’t his only integral trait, his impulsiveness is also there. It’s actually one of his more interesting traits in that it acts as a double-edged sword, allowing him come with clever ideas under pressure and to be adept at thinking on his feet, but hindering him by making it the only kind of thinking he does, making him act rash and get fixated on ill-fated plans and schemes that he never really thinks through. That would be a perfectly fun trait to see manifest in Dewey.

Well, in that regard, the DT 2017 Dewey is already impulsive and doesn't think things through at first.

True, but he also hasn’t really demonstrated the upside of being able to think quickly in a crisis, which makes it less a double-edged sword, and more a sword whose edge is in him.

Being able to come up with a plan really quickly with no preparation seems to be more Louie's schtick.

>XD
Get. Out.

Disney xd is the name of a network. Unless you're being stupid on purpose.

If so, congrats, you fooled me.

>I think Disney XD just doesn't give a shit.

You're correct. It's very much like Cartoon Network shitting on Looney Tunes simply because someone high up at CN doesn't care for them, and because Warner has imposed no penalties on them for doing so.

Most recently Warner Animation has produced 100+ episodes of the "New Looney Tunes" show, originally called "Wabbit."
Everywhere but the USA, CN has shown them all. Here we've only gotten 25 on the air and 40 (including those 25) on Boomerang's streaming service.
Some of them aren't that hot, but there's still no excuse for simply cockblocking the company's new product because Exec X doesn't personally like it.

It's like ESPN continuing to hold full rights to Monday night football and refusing to air it because Executive X prefers baseball.

Disney XD isn't far behind.

Because a single exec at Disney XD has the power to fuck the whole rest of the company over with impunity. It's that simple

Why is he so perfect?

More Donald when?

They also aired the entirety of Billy Dilly in 13 days

So then what the hell does that leave Dewey with besides bad comedy relief?

The desire to prove himself by searching for the clues about his mother while keeping it a secret from his brothers.
Which will generate drama once this comes to light.

That’s a plot, not a trait though. And once that gets resolved he won’t have anything left. As a character Dewey’s kinda got nothing going for him right now.

He did fool you. This is an old meme.

His trait will always be that he tries the dangerous thing. Pulling out swords, trying to evade the traps to show that he's capable, being the daring one among his brothers.

Well it's ok. I'm retarded anyway.

Except outside of the pilot he hasn’t really shown bravery so much as he has stupidity.

>bravery so much as he has stupidity
What's the difference in his case? He was willingly running into death traps to show that he could be a mofo like Scrooge. Or at least his idealized version of Scrooge who beats up giant stone monsters with his bare hands.

More like, he tried chimping out once but The Mouse reminded him who's boss before the first word was said.

Which reminds me, when was the last time a Disney employee said something bad of them publicly?

Why should an employee ever talk badly about a corporation? Just name the fucking superior who is at fault, and take it to HR.
It's not like the corporation itself is a living entity which automatically knows what is being done wrong.

>What's the difference in his case?
One leads to the character doing something heroic or glorious by putting themselves in danger when duty calls to save the day, the other leads to them constantly putting themselves in harms way because they don’t know any better, and forcing everyone else to carry their weight when they get in trouble.

So he's the kid who is the latter but wants to be the former. Which means that he still has lots to learn.

Well then it would be nice if he actually started learning instead of staying useless.

No time to think. Gotta act to be the cool bro. Not the lame thinking one, or the evil lazy one.

No pants = Quick fucking

I just don’t want to have to wait for him to get to Donald’s age before he actually learns to react well or think on his feet. He should at least have some instances of doing it right, like Huey and Louie got.

No, what he really needs to do is to simply slow down a little bit and look around first. Dewey is as smart as Huey and quite perceptive. But he's not as patient. That's his flaw.

Because he’s just an average man trying to do the right thing, who’s been knocked down by life more than he deserves, and yet keeps getting back up again as bold as ever.

>Dewey is as smart as Huey
How do you figure that? Dewey hasn’t shown particular amounts of brainpower or book smarts. Heck in the Mark Beaks episode he even straight up admits that he’s not as smart as Huey and just gets by on faking.
>and quite perceptive
So far the only instance I can think of was when he remembered Atlantis was upside down in the pilot, which looks to be more of an isolated incident than a running theme.
>That's his flaw
Typically a flaw is supposed to balance with a character’s positive traits, not completely negate them and then some.

He recognizes the Beaks scam fast enough once confronted with it.
Coding and doing everything perfectly by the book is just Huey's thing. It's boring, but necessary. Just not something that Dewey wants to do.
But then Huey has problems when things don't stick to routine.

Fair enough I guess.

You know this reminds me, wasn’t Webby supposed to be a huge Duck/McDuck Family fangirl, like Italians level Duck fangirl? What ever happened to that? Because, apart from her first appearance, I haven’t seen her try and interact with any of the Duck family outside of Huey, Dewey, and Louie, let alone gush over them. Did they just drop that? Because if so, I’m kind of disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing her fangasm over Donald.