Is American Dragon actually worth watching?

Is American Dragon actually worth watching?

no

I suppose. It's not bad, but it's not a must see. If you already have a way to watch it I say go for it, cause it was still an alright alternative spider-man.

only the first season

What happened?

it was average at best
they tried to do all these over-arching plots but the climaxes always came off as too rushed

Major artstyle change, some stupid ass shit about Jake trying to get a white girl's pussy, and the main bad guy is the Shadow Dragon from Fire Emblem and they defeat him with slapstick bullshit

Don't listen to this guy. The art in season two is less uncanny valley, Jake tones down the hip hop speak, the storylines are more interesting, and it's less predictable overall.

My only complaint is how rushed the finale is.

is a kinda mediocre Jackie Chan rip off

How many gay scalies did he make?

S2 was good

Wtf is a scalie?

No

Well, lizards don't have fur, so you can't be a furry if you're into lizards.

You're a scaly.

And that's much worse.

That's hot. I'm disappointed that in a world of sapient magical creatures, Jake just wants some chick from his High School

Maybe he didn't want to risk having his soul stolen.

>And that's much better.
FTFY.

Absolutely.

Brad, on the other hand, had god-tier taste.

No. There's a reason why no one praises it on here.

Lurk more asshole

So I watched this a few months ago while going over older shows with my kid. This was one that I was already too old for by the time it aired, and so I never bothered to watch it while it was current.

It was a solid meh. Feels kinda like something I would have watched casually if nothing else was on and I didn't feel like changing the channel. The concept was kinda neat, and some of the characters were really interesting, but the dialogue was super cringey, and Jake was continually dumped on even when he managed to not be a little shithead, while his little sister got away with everything in typical TV Sister fashion.

Ditto on the "plots felt rushed" thing. They felt like they wanted to have a mysterious overarching plot, but then they only devoted a small amount of time to actually developing it, and entirely too much time to bullshit like those two rookie mooks who kept popping up, or yet another "spud is so quirky lol" episode.

It probably would have benefited from an extra season so that Jakes dad could have been developed more. They spent two whole seasons trying to hide everything from him. He finally finds out in the very last episode, and the only thing we get out of him is a "But what happens to your clothes when you transform?".

They DEFINITELY could have done more with the Dark Dragon. He was hyped the fuck up in series, and I think he only showed up a total of like three or four times total throughout the show.

So yea. You could do better in your choice of show, but you could also do much, MUCH worse. Watch it if you have nothing better to do, and don't mind feeling empty and unfulfilled when it's done.

If you have nothing else to watch, I guess. The plot never actually gets resolved because Disney Channel cancelled the show, so you're not gonna find any satisfaction there.

It's kind of fun but very, very much a product of its time. Also it didn't have a real conclusion, because it was cancelled just as the plot was finally starting to go somewhere.

Jay Fucking Naylor

Cant tell if youre actually this retarded or you just dont understand the uncanny valley

Yeah go for it, just remember that Zuko is the American Dragon and he fucking just goes crazy with his hip hop shit it's so cringey as a black person to even watch.