What are your hopes for Captain Marvel?

What are your hopes for Captain Marvel?

no Snyder, no buy

That its good. That's all I want.

Look, user. I know you are upset but you NEED to get over it. Heck the movie itself is called Shazam! Carol is Captain Marvel, forever.

Um, no, sweaty.

Shazam is the wizard though

The movie should just be the Wizard sitting in his throne menacingly.

Shazam is confirmed to be the Wizard's name in the movie, so Billy will most likely be called Captain Marvel.

I want Carol to throw a moon at a Skrull capital ship.

that it'll be as great as every other based marvel movie and makes people forget about that god awful DC piece of shit Blunde Womyn like Black Panther made everyone forget about The Dark Turd

You mean Shazam. And that's even what they'll call him, to his face, because DC agreed literally 40 years ago to never, ever trade on the name again.

Now, you might argue that they're using it in the comics, and sure, they have done that. They've also called him a variety of other names - including Shazam, which is what he's been called, effectively, in live action for 40 years - and they'll need to call him something other than Captain Marvel if they want to sell merchandise, which is the only reason this movie is getting made.

Frankly, even one carded action figure gets out with the words "Captain Marvel" on it, the whole movie will get pulled, and you'll never, ever see it, even if it's 100% finished, because the only Captain Marvel that exists is the one invented by Marvel Comics five whole years before DC even remembered they'd murdered Shazam and his publisher in the 1950s.

Green Lantern was also the guy who gave Green Lantern his powers in the movie Green Lantern.

Don't sweat it, kiddo.

No that was Abin Sur. It's okay, condescending pet-name.

for once I can gladly say that I'd appreciate this one being more lighthearted as a kid stuck in an adult's body has a lot of great comedy potential. while for some reason, I didn't like the MCU movies' use of jokes, surprisingly enough, I did enjoy the use of jokes in the DC movies so far, Flash being the only exception. Give us some epic looking or at least realistically looking flight and fight scenes like in Man of Steel, and you got yourself a winner. If WB doesn't fuck this one up and markets the movie PROPERLY, they could honestly have the chance of having a billion dollar movie in their hands

>so Billy will most likely be called Captain Marvel.
>still being this desperate/pathetic
He’s going to be called Shazam. Carol will be Captain Marvel.

Get over it already.

Funny that the alien got a real name and Green Lantern was just Green Lantern... man if only DC had thought to name his secret identity as well, that movie wouldn't have been so shitty and could have focused on his lovelife to distract from the awful CGI.

I think at this point, the whole thing is pretty much a meme. nobody can honestly expect anything else to happen. also, speaking as someone who grew up with the name Captain Marvel, I actually like him being named Shazam. Never understood all the whining about that topic

They should have gone with Captain Thunder.

what's up with people hating the CGI? hell, compared to Thor Ragnarok (the most recent cape movie I saw), the CGI is great. I think the overall story was the problem. the movie was way too contained to earth and some shitty unimportant characters in my eyes. it should have been more of an adventurous movie instead of him trying to save blake lively all the time. parallax was also the wrong villain for this movie. it should have been Hal getting trained and doing some smaller missions and fighting Sinestro in the end (who survives)

Shazam is the wizard
The Rock as Black Adam

I'd like to know how smart Dr. Sivana will be. My guess is that he'll be another businessman in a suit, but i have hope otherwise.

I hope he crosses through walls.

>Black Widow confirmed
Happening?

>Carol...not even name Mar-Vell

Speaking of Captain Marvel don't forget to support /our girl/ at the olympics

>Another smart cape character running X Industries
Is Hollywood's goal to make their blockbusters so formulaic they can start using writing bots to make their scripts for free?

It's true that Billyfags are the biggest Not Muh people around

if they did maybe there would be a DC movie that was actually fucking watchable

Captain marvel has been around as long as superman like 1930. Carol is like 1968

A fresh start for the DCEU. They don't even need to start over but I think a tonal reboot is necessary.

I just want the MCU to have some competition so they can stop spamming the same movie over and over again. I still want to see BP but I have less interest in Avengers 3.

If black Adam is going to be the Rock can Captain Marvel be John Cena. He’s the only person I can see playing him

I hope that it is actually good. I hope that if it sucks, people won't pretend it is good.

of course it's going to be good Based Marvel knows what they're doing

I hope the green on her costume is so they can greenscreen in some super vibrant red

as little of the new52 origin as possible

Excuse me user, but this is a Captain Marvel thread.

Then why are you posting Shazam user.

I understand it must be confusing for you.

But Ms. Marvel is not Captain Marvel. Maybe if you posted Captain Mar-Vell it would've been alright.

But no...

Reminder: There is only one Captain Marvel, and her name is Carol Danvers.

Wait a second is Sivana really coming as the first villain?! I thought they'd beg to use Black Adam in the end because 'No one cares for evil scientist types no more!' Seriously I'm pumped for Shazam! Almost wish it was Multiversity Sivana.

Who?

Man, I love Carols CM outfit, but I would greatly prefer they did Mar-Vell and Ms. Marvel.

yup because Dwayne Johnson demanded his own movie and DC is fucking desperate enough to give it to him

they're both going to bomb hard though

>Really wanted red and black suit
>Either going to get green w/ black or red w/ blue
fuck

>forever
user not even realizing that Carol is what like the what number person to take the name? Genis-Vell, Phyla-Vell, Monica Rambeau, Noh-Varr, Khn'nr, The Captain, even Super Skrull, Moonstone, and of course the original Mar-Vell. These are just Earth-616 the Main Comic Universe by the way.

I hope it's good, glad it's adapting the Curse storyline but that ought to piss off alot of people

Carolcucks were a mistake.

To be fair, op invited him by being an autist and putting Captain Marvel in the title.

The movie is called SHAZAM! Regardless of your autism over the superhero’s name, that is the title of the movie (and th comics). But noooooo Op had to be a cock gobler and omit the Shazam part.

Its because Billyfags refuse to have ANYTHING fucking progress in Captain Marvel/Shazam.

Sivana Industries exists in the comics, user

Sure, but it's far from the defining feature of Sivana (being a businessman that is). If I'm right (which I suppose I hope I'm not) Sivana will just be Aldrich Killian, Obadiah Stane, Darren Cross or Lex Luthor (take your pick).

Genis is really the only one to give a shit about though... heh

Yeah theyre like those infantile faggots that obsess over archie comics, they don't want their childish fetishfuel to change or go away.

When was that last time ANYTHING called him Captain Marvel?

So how is Doctor Sivana going to pose a threat to Billy? I suppose he could create Mister Atom

Knowing the DCEU, the BEST we could hope for is that it's an Iornman 3 thing and Mr Mind, who's an alien, is behind it all.

You know damn well WB doesn't have the stones to do Mister Mind. Even if they did, he'd be a seldom seen worm possessing a guy, no radio around his neck or anything

You think she'll show up in IW, or just the post-credits?

Thunderworld from Multiversity. Not that long ago at all

That Black Adam is in it and things get LITTY

Seriously though I hope Black Adam is in it even if it's just the wizard explaining to Billy about his last champion

>So how is Doctor Sivana going to pose a threat to Billy?

Sivana science is complete bullshit that makes Luthor look like a drooling spastic. It's not hard to make him a threat

The Rock has been wanting to do a Black Adam movie for like a decade, bruh.

Marvel is shit

I honestly just forgot he was called Shazam now. It's not like they've been using him in the comics

then go be on literally any other thread, maybe?

Tony Stark declaring her leader and best captain in the Avengers

The Rock is honestly better suited for Cap. He's a big goofy cheeseball. Him as Adam is just shallow cosplay casting. He looks the part, but he'd be a far better fit for the charismatic, larger than life Captain Marvel.

Don't expect the original version. It'll be Johns' version.

>that pic

Is that real? I heard they made Sivana a sorcerer in the new movie. It's my only gripe of what's been revealed so far.

If he's a scientist my hype levels are back up to 100%

The pic is real, the director confirmed he's not a sorcerer and that was fake rumors.

Don't forget the Convergence miniseries. There have been two separate comics from two different creative teams that have called him Captain Marvel in the time since the New 52 Justice League backup origin.

>speaking as someone who grew up with the name Captain Marvel, I actually like him being named Shazam. Never understood all the whining about that topic

There were many, many stories in the golden age (and hell, even the modern age) built around the magic words in Captain Marvel. Sometimes Billy/Mary/Freddy said it accidentally, sometimes they tricked Black Adam/Ibac into saying it. A big part of the fun of those old comics was that the characters had to be careful about what they said at all times or it could lead to a huge problem.

But I'm sure you knew all that, having grown up with Captain Marvel and all.

>You know damn well WB doesn't have the stones to do Mister Mind. Even if they did, he'd be a seldom seen worm possessing a guy, no radio around his neck or anything

We live in a world where Krang was in a live action movie.

Literally anything is possible.

>sweaty
What did he mean by this ?

God that moment was so perfect.
My honest wish for the DCEU was that they'd start with Man of Steel and work up to a Darkseid invasion(Final Crisis) and conclude with Kingdom Come.

>way to go, son!

>The Rock as Captain Marvel
>The Rock as Black Adam
>The Rock as Billy Batson
>The Rock as Shazam
>The Rock as The Rock of Eternity
I'd watch it.

The original Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell, the I've that gives Carol her powers) is older than that. And he'll be in the movie too.

IIRC that's her using a Kree uniform.

She should get a different costume later(by green-screeining it replacing green with red. One suit, two costumes, Perlmutter would be proud)