JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL Concept Art

Leaked concept art for George Miller's JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL project from 2009.

>Superman arriving at Batman's funeral in the black suit.

>Superman outside the Fortress of Solitude in the blue suit.

>A replica of Kent Farm inside the Fortress of Solitude. Aquaman encased in a block of ice due to the effects of the fear toxin in his system.

>Inside the replice of the Kent Farm, with furniture made of sculpted ice.

>"Bacchanalian" party at Wayne Manor.

>Wonder Woman in the ruins of Themyscira.

So the rebirth suit

>Flash and Martian Manhunter at Batman's funeral.

Very Injustice

>Batman watching his own funeral from afar.

>Aquaman's "crustacean armor".

>Martian Manhunter's face.

>Keyframe art of Superman VS. Wonder Woman.

>Storyboarded version of Superman VS. Wonder Woman, the main action setpiece of the movie.

This made me laugh.

You know, I wonder if just going all out and putting a Justice League movie out there on it's own with little to no real build up movies beforehand wouldn't have been the right call. Like, other than maybe Manhunter, I feel like enough people are familiar with the property that it might could have worked.

>Costume test for Wonder Woman, played by Megan Gale.

The cast, for those that don't know.

>Armie Hammer as Bruce Wayne / Batman.
>D.J. Cotrona as Clark Kent / Superman.
>Megan Gale as Diana / Wonder Woman.
>Santiago Cabrera as Arthur / Aquaman.
>Adam Brody as Barry Allen / Flash.
>Common as John Stewart / Green Lantern.
>Hugh Keays-Byrne as J'onn J'onzz / Martian Manhunter.
>Teresa Palmer as Talia Al Ghul.
>Jay Baruchel as Maxwell Lord.
>Zoe Kazan as Iris West.
>Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth.

The JLA was the biggest team at the time, no one knew who the fuck the Avengers were and we'd just had the DCAU being a massive success, the movie would've worked, it would AT LEAST be better than the mess we got

>Jay Baruchel as Maxwell Lord.
What the fuck?

How did they expect to explain all these characters that have never been in a movie before and normies dont know about?

>normies dont know about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Aquaman
I can see people saying it now since everything is fucking Marvel, but back then the Dark Knight Trilogy was in full swing, and we just had the JLU cartoon dude

Back in the day, we could have big movies without having 12 previous movies to set them up. And we liked it, goddamnit.

This was back when WB wanted to copy X-mens success, not the MCU's success. It would have worked just fine.

Fuck this looks so good.

Why do we live in the worst timeline?

Because we don't deserve anything nice

I would storytime the script if i knew anons were going to read it.

Just do the bullet points, my dude.

Only choose best parts of the scripts if you have to and bullet the rest. I'm interested. This looks excellente.

I want to know what happens. Why is there an ice
Kent house?

Why don't scripts like this ever get the comic treatment? I'd love to read this or Batman Triumphant.

Batman triumphant?

The 5th Batman movie in the Burton/Schumacher universe. Scarecrow was gonna be the villain.

TL;DR on the leaked script. It's an old draft from when Wally West was still part of the plot, though.

>Batman creates spy-satellite "Brother Eye" to monitor Earth's superheroes and develops counter-measures to neutralize them should they go rogue. His plans are later stolen by entrepeneur Maxwell Lord, who is obsessed with proving that the heroes that humanity worships as gods as in fact mortal; and Talia Al Ghul, who wants revenge on Batman for abandoning her after she betrayed her father Ra's Al Ghul for him.

>Lord and Talia target the Martian Manhunter, exposing him to a chemical that causes him to combust in contact with oxygen. He is subdued by Wonder Woman and the Flash, who take him to Wonder Woman's observatory in New York City and contact Superman for help. Superman visits Aquaman in the ruins of Atlantis, and he agrees to help due to his attraction for Wonder Woman. Returning to the observatory, however, Aquaman is infected with a neurotoxin that renders deadly him afraid of water. Across the city, Green Lantern John Stewart is rendered blind and unable to use his power ring. Realizing someone manipulated them into coming together in order to systematically exploit their weaknesses, Superman takes the others to the Fortress of Solitude for protection. Before leaving, the Flash visits his nephew, skilled hacker Wally West, and asks him to investigate recent developments in nanotechnology.

>Meanwhile, Batman pursues a criminal who unexpectedly morphs into an O.M.A.C., a cyborg controlled by Lord and capable of adapting to the abilities of his opponents, who severely wounds Batman before being called back by Lord. Upon learning of the attacks, and realizing that Brother-Eye has been compromised, Batman journeys to the Fortress of Solitude to alert the others. They blame his paranoia for the crisis and Superman orders him to leave. Batman finds a tracking device that Talia planted on him during an earlier encounter, and realizes that she is involved.

I'd be doing this off of memory.

>Movie starts with funeral, implied to be Batman's
>Things are fine at first, Heroes living their lives and occasionally teaming up
>Barry at a superhero themed restaurant
>Wally is visiting Iris in CC and is Kid Flash
>Party at Wayne Manor, Bruce talks to Lord and Talia shows up, Bruce has history with her
>Lord owns the place Barry eats at.
>During the party, the Batcomputer gets hacked and obtains some information on selective heroes
>MM is lead to an alien seahorse and is poisoned by it, causing him to continuously combust
>News report of giant fireball flying around, Flash goes to check it out and meets Wonder Woman
>Fire is put out and J'onn is incredibly burnt, communicates by thought
>Catches on fire again, so he's put in a water tank

>While at the Fortress of Solitude, The Flash is attacked upon answering a phone call from his wife, Iris West, and loses control of his powers, phasing through solid matter until nearly being crushed by the magnetic pull of Earth's core. Wonder Woman rescues him, while Superman discovers that the heroes have been infected with nanomachines. Martian Manhunter mind-melds with Green Lantern and guides him into removing the nanomachines from them, while Superman leaves to search for Brother-Eye.

>Wonder Woman takes the Flash to meet with Wally, who reveals that the nanomachines were created by the OMAC Project, a secret weapons development program for the United States government. During the Cold War, they performed illegal genetic experiments on psychic children to weaponize their abilities, leading to the deaths of all but one of the subjects, Jonah Wilkes, who has grown into Maxwell Lord.

>Batman confronts Lord and Talia at Lord's corporate headquarters in Manhattan, where Lord denounces heroes as there were none to protect him and the other children when they were captured and tortured by the government, and announces his plans to use the OMAC nanovirus to turn humanity into a shared consciousness controlled by him. Talia was not aware of Lord's true plans, but is unable to stop him.

>Batman is ambushed by the OMACs, mercenaries employed by Lord and unknowingly infected with the virus, and nearly killed before the others intervene. Lord brainwashes Superman into attacking the others, forcing Batman to snap his neck to free Superman before he kills Wonder Woman. Lord's mind then merges with Brother-Eye's and summons the OMACs to Manhattan. Talia is mortally wounded trying to stop him and dies in Batman's arms.

So the fight everybody hated in Man of Steel but between two heroes.

Thanks, user. I'll let you do this. I'm a slow typer.

>Wally joins the heroes as they evacuate the city and confront the O.M.A.C. Army. The Flash is infected and transformed into O.M.A.C. Ultra, who is capable of mimicking the abilities of the heroes, but manages to phase through O.M.A.C. Ultra's shell and tap into the Speed Force. Running at the speed of light, The Flash removes the nanomachines from the bloodstream of the millions of people infected by the O.M.A.C. Virus, but the strain is too much for him, and he vanishes into light, becoming one with the very fabric of creation.

>Batman realizes that, despite all his power, The Flash was the most human of them all, and his faith in humanity is renewed. The Flash is buried as a hero in Metropolis, and the heroes - including Batman - decide to honor his sacrifice by forming the Justice League to protect the world that Barry Allen gave his life up for. At their encouragement, Wally embraces the mantle of the Flash and joins their team.

>Suddenly, Starro invades Earth, and the Justice League leaps into action once again.

>In 1997, BATMAN & ROBIN was expected to be a box office hit, and Warner preemptively greenlit a sequel starring George Clooney and Chris O'Donnell, and directed by Joel Schumacher. He was unhappy with how BATMAN & ROBIN turned and eager to make up for it with a "darker, emotionally complex" movie.

>Mark Protosevich wrote the script, which featured Batman and Robin having a serious falling out. Meanwhile, biochemist Jonathan Crane swears revenge against Bruce Wayne for cutting his research funds for a deadly fear toxin Crane had secretly been developing. Upon learning Bruce's secret identity, Crane becomes The Scarecrow and joins forces with Harley Quinn, a toymaker who also wants revenge against Batman for the death of her father, the Joker, to use the fear toxin to drive Batman insane.

>The script culminates with Batman being lured into Arkham Asylum and facing toxin-induced hallucinations of past villains including Catwoman, Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler and the Joker himself. Robin eventually comes around and returns to help Batman conquer his fears, while Harley has a change of heart upon learning Crane is planning to expose the entire city of the fear toxin and helps the heroes stop him.

>Schumacher offered the role of Scarecrow to Nicolas Cage, with Howard Stern and Ewan McGregor also named contenders. Meanwhile, Madonna and Courtney Love, among others, had meetings with Warner to discuss the Harley Quinn role.

>Furthermore, Schumacher wanted to bring Jack Nicholson, Danny De Vito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey back for cameo appearances. However, once BATMAN & ROBIN came out and proved itself to be a major disappointment, the entire project was scrapped and Schumacher assigned the blame for the movie being a dud and given the boot.

>Nicholas Cage as Scarecrow
>Madonna as Harley
Dear lord.

Harley a toymaker? Get outta town.

Huh, sounds kind of messy and in need of a few more drafts, but I'd like a tower of Babel adaptation and all the characters seem to act like themselves (aside from Wally as a hacker).

Where does this storyboard fit in though?

Not half as superb as the dceu suit but still solid, blue needed to be more navy, not because I am against color, it's just too much of a contrast from the dulled rustic red.
Belt is really nice.
Gale doesn't really impress in these images, she looks just as skinny as Gadot. (In general not in fast 5 when she looked nightmarish)

God I want to see Adrianne Palicki in this suit & the dceu suit instead of that plastic garbage she had in the TV pilot.

Armor plates are pretty similar to this outfit in the upcoming film.

Being saying this for years, Marvel & DC need to do graphic novel or animated movie adaptions of these unmade movies.
> Mortal
> Superman Lives
> Superman Flyby
> That Superman Returns sequel idea with Braniac possessing Clark's son.

>>Batman watching his own funeral from afar.

God dammit Bruce

Why can't they use this idea again?

>The Cage as Scarecrow
Woulda been 10/10

Because baaaaawwww heroes fighting heroes and you have to have dozen prequel movies before even considering a Justice League movie.

I still eagerly wait for the day when Scarecrow will be the main baddie in a Batman live action film.

Don't forget the James Cameron Spider-Man movie. That had some funky ideas.
Nobody would care about any of these problems back in 2009 when the Avengers didn't exist yet. If the movie was good people would love it.
If they made this today and it wasn't made by hacks it might save the DCEU.

Batman Begins?

>If they made this today and it wasn't made by hacks it might save the DCEU.

Nah. People would complain it's too dark.

Common who? What kind of name is Common?

It's just a stage name

Not a very interesting name to go by. At least, like, Shakira and Cher are their real names. Common is just sort of boring.

Main

This movie looks like it could be pretty cool. Wan said he wanted to make it a high seas adventure.

It was originally Common Sense, but he had to change it because of copyright.

To be fair I believe this was because of mind control and not just Superman not giving a shit.

Is it because of the website where parents are like "Don't let your kids watch this, it's not christian enough"

>and not just Superman not giving a shit.

I fucking hate this shitty meme.

>pretty much everyone is horribly cast
>the script was complete dogshit
>this looks so good
You are an unbearable faggot. Maybe this would have turned out better than the Justice League movie we got, but it hardly is anything worth crying over.

Superman Returns, for all it's faults, has entire sequences dedicated to Superman saving the city or reducing damage to the city.

Snyder's bowel movement seems to actively say "Dude wouldn't it be cool if Superman slammed Zod through a bunch of buildings while we show the Daily Planet crew fleeing for their lives?"

>Superman visits Aquaman in the ruins of Atlantis, and he agrees to help due to his attraction for Wonder Woman.

Goddamn it

>Lord brainwashes Superman into attacking the others, forcing Batman to snap his neck to free Superman before he kills Wonder Woman.

Oh wow

Kill your self Faggot don't understand Snyder work what a fucking moron

>Superman Returns, for all it's faults, has entire sequences dedicated to Superman saving the city or reducing damage to the city.

Yeah, because all he had to fight against in that movie was years worth of unpaid child support.

Not a fucking argument.

>John Stewart
My boy Kyle always gets shafted, even in adaptations that should have him

Justice League is not like the X-Men at all. The X-Men were tailor-made by Lee to have a single simple explanation for lots of different powers, so that he could introduce them all in one book. All the original JSA members were in solo books with their own origins, some of which weren't selling that well, so they were put together in a single team book to consolidate.

>Talia Al Ghul, who wants revenge on Batman for abandoning her after she betrayed her father Ra's Al Ghul for him.
>after she betrayed her father Ra's Al Ghul for him

Really? I remember hearing that the story was that she wanted revenge on Batman for not saving Ra's, with an implication that the events of Batman Begins was canon to this movie, and that was one of the big reasons that the movie feel apart, because Nolan heard about this and got pissy.

Wasn't Jeff Goldblum also up for the role of Scarecrow? Or was he up for the role of ManBat while he was still being thought about?

I think they'd work better as animated movies.

>"Dude wouldn't it be cool if Superman slammed Zod through a bunch of buildings
Except the 711 in Smallville that didn't happen.
>while we show the Daily Planet crew fleeing for their lives?"
The shots of them fleeing was from the world engine.
We see them safe on the edge of the crater left by the world engine while Clark & Zod's fight went into the city in the opposite direction.

Pay attention to the fucking movie bitch.

Guy and Kyle will never be movie leads.

Fucking this. I hate this setting up the characters to have a crossover meme.