Itt: comics only you read

itt: comics only you read.

I like Ellis. What's it about?

five plays on popular british fiction characters are brought together to make the world a more interesting place, with disastrous consequences.

the first arc focuses on the quatermass character
the second one focuses on the sherlock holmes expy
and the third one which just finished focuses on the one who's like Dr. Who

I found it very, very boring. You're not the only person that read it, because you're not the only person that read Ellis and Shalveys Moon Knight and wanted more. All this creative freedom at Image and they make the most boring shit I've ever read. Well, Trees was, but this comes close.

I read it. I even buy the trades they're publishing in my country, that's it.

But let's be honest: We all are waiting for the last story arc with Rob Because bitches love Constantine's expies

So its Ellis' take on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Well that's disappointing. No dope ass fight scenes then?

Also, an AI out of control playing with the character's and the nature of the world. Think of a mix of WarGames and 2001's AIs, but with a thing for the supernatural.

Paklis, by Dustin Weaver

Not a lot of action, nope. But there is, quite a lot in the second arc.
Pirate it, read it, and see if you like. It's not hard to find and that way you will know if you like it first hand. It's just like 15 issues long so far, and they're not very compressed in their narrative.

Image comics really shouldn't be in this thread. But this is a great comic people should play.

>So its Ellis' take on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
yes and no
definitely, but its Carnacki not Constantine

pic related is another comic I don't see talked about. Michel Fiffe stuff

I've been reading it, even have the tpb's, but that "grrrrl power" duo was really obnoxious. Which is a shame: the Irish girl was interesting, but then they gave her a shitty sidekick and that particular story arc just tanked.

>definitely, but its Carnacki not Constantine
I know Robin's meant to be a classic character from british media (I didn't know which one, I'm afraid I'm not even a native speaker), but man, you know, he totally feels like his version of John.

I like the sidekick way more than the irish girl. Sue me.

>Ellis' take on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
Isn't that Planetary?

I ran out and grabbed the floppies after he said trades would take years. He's going to collect it by stories, not by issues. So Amina Cycle will get a collection, but not Pakilis 1 -5

I just wish the last issue of it was better. Feels like an unfinished script so Ellis just said fuck it, let's go silent half the issue. It could have been executed better.

same

Think of Injection as similar to Planetary but rather than good consequences for the coming together of the world's best it's all bad consequences

>I just wish the last issue of it was better. Feels like an unfinished script so Ellis just said fuck it, let's go silent half the issue. It could have been executed better.
Agreed. But I'm guessing he was trying to create a suffocating mood, with all that lighting around, and them not being able to leave the car because.
Could've been done better, but I guess that the idea at least got to me.

I read this as well

this is from 15 years ago, you're disqualified chum..............p

>and them not being able to leave the car because.
... because the faraday cage effect, I meant.

I red it fairly recently, it was pretty crap.

what was crap about it?

Ditto. For the concept, it was stupid boring. This clearly does not feel like a priority for him. Never really feels cohesive. Some good moments, and the art is decent. But this is low tier Ellis.

The writing. The stories and characters suck. It's a damn shame because I really like Fiffe's art style.

I want to read this so bad. Been on my list for a while.

sequel to/continuation of underrated Vertigo Comic Saucer Country
Saucer State v2 is dropping later this year with 6 more issues to finish off the series. Really delves into UFOS and alien mythology in a way few stories ever manage to do

Is it cheating if I post obscure self-published shit from indie cons?

It's not as good as the cover would make you believe. It doesn't make a lot of sense and the narrative just goes wherever it feels like. Art is good and the setting is really neat.

do it. then scan it

Brian Chippendale's, drummer of Lightning Bolt and musician for his own project Black Pus, collection of his comic strips. Very maximalist art, and filled with puns.

It's totally on point, I would say (if you give us the way to access to that material)

Graphic novel by Matt Kindt. If you're into the shit he did on Revolver, Super Spy, or Mind MGMT, this is for you.

I love it

storytime it

Good to know. I buy books more for art, so I've bought all of Paklis and Injection in floppies but havent actually read any of either.

Hmmm.... would have to hook up my scanner which I haven't used in years. Might do it if there's enough interest. Let me see what I can find.

I saw this in store a couple weeks ago. It was pretty but I wasnt in the mood to drop $20 on a single book.

i have one issue kek

??

shit, that looks like some good shit.

(You)

It's an educational comic about the lifecycle of bees for children with it also serving as somewhat of a growing up story as well
It's good shit

I want this in my life