ITT: How do you do, fellow kids?

ITT: How do you do, fellow kids?

Sup Forums likes to shit on this series a lot for no good reason, but that was genuinely stupid.

When will this series stop selling and die?

I'm that guy who never liked it from the very first issue when it first came out.

I'm more ofended by IV fucking a tranny from a species he can barely stomach, but whatever.

Yeah I definitely enjoy reading and it's a lot better than the majority of what comes out of the big two, but holy shit this moment was stupid. Not to mention it feels extremely out of place in a space fantasy. It'd be like if Rey decided to start dabbing in the next Star Wars movie.

If anything, that's making fun of the fidget spinner trend.

>for no good reason

You know, if it were just a few problems a lot more people on here would be talking about and liking it.

It has A LOT of problems like Will and IV taking a nosedive, but Sup Forums like to focus on the minor ones like a girl raised by outcast women for her entire formative years having feminist views.

Bullshit. I'm not going to pretend Saga is perfect, but it never gets talked about on Sup Forums because any thread will immediately devolve into people sperging out because the comic has stuff like transsexualism and homosexuality which triggers them.

That's just typical Sup Forums shit. But even SU with all it's liberal leaning plots and characters to get more threads where people talk about actually enjoying it or what it used to be despite all the hate. Heck, Saga gets published more regularly then SU airs and still nobody gives a shit.

I feel with Saga it's just not good enough on top of everything else. The characters with the views that trigger Sup Forums are just annoying despite the in universe reasons for it and the fan favorite characters are nosediving so hard that barely anyone wants to discuss it.

>and the fan favorite characters are nosediving so hard that barely anyone wants to discuss it.
They all made such a 180 turn I'm convinced BKV is butthurt about them being more popular than Alana, Marko and Hazel.

SU gets talked about more because it has a cult internet following, and also because Sup Forums as a whole talks about cartoons way more than it talks about comics. Especially comics that don't have movies

>it's a lot better than the majority of what comes out of the big two
Oof. Opinion discarded.

It doesn't matter what the purpose was for the pop culture reference. The problem is the existence of the pop culture reference.

Most capeshit is mediocre at best. You can't deny that.

Honestly I could see the dive working and being interesting but I can agree with you. As someone trying to write my own shit, I can personally attest to how the characters that a writer is personally attached to are not the ones that are always liked by the audience. And how butthurt the writer can be in that situation. The main characters just lack something that made those characters work. I've been trying to figure out what it is, but for the life of me I can't seem to narrow down what makes them so boring/annoying.

Part of the problem is that, in any story, the side characters are often more popular because they don't have to be saddled with carrying the main plot. The example I always like to point to is Jack Sparrow. He could be as weird and fun as he wanted, because it was Will and Elizabeth actually carrying everything in the narrative. When the producers saw how popular he was and tried to make him a protagonist, everything fell apart.

>Sup Forums as a whole talks about cartoons way more than it talks about comics.
If you're referring to cartoon general threads, no one talks about cartoons there. They just talk about their day and post the latest shipping theories and
fanfiction. If you're referring to live talk back threads, no one talks about cartoons there. It's just reactionary squeeing and cringe memes.

I'm talking about the fact that if you went and counted the number of threads talking about cartoons vs comics, cartoons would win easily. Especially if you strictly counted the threads about comics as opposed to whatever latest movie has come out.

I feel like this is an edit.

Sadly it's not.

I have said this before and will say it again: Saga should have been an anthology series, telling the story from the perspective of the people the family meets.

Holy shit that would work. I absolutely hate Hazel's narrations and it's half the reason I don't like this comic very much. That could potentially lead to a unique way of structuring a comic that would make it far more interesting than it is now.

It would have been incredibly cool to have the scenes on IV's planet be narrated by Princess, highlighting just how much hold the wings have over them and how she just wants him to grow a pair and come home. Hell, you wouldn't even have to change her last scene since it would offer a seamless transition between her and a potential Dengo narration.

Honestly I'm of the belief that the narration was not only completely uneccesary but also cripples the story regardless of my personal tastes. Everything the audience needed to know could have been explained by visuals or the audience finding it out for themselves without being spoiled in story.

Oh shit, the hacker?

wait is that real?

It did happen.

To be fair I think a half jew who looks exactly like the Naziest Nazi in existence would get memed on pretty hard.

DO NOT POST THAT ONE PANNEL YOU UBER NIGGERS. JESUS CHRIST, FUCK ARCADE AND FUCK MARVEL

I cannot believe this series started off so good and has devolved into this.

This^

Bitch, we've never had BPRD threads on here more than four times a year, tops.

Shut the actual fuck up.

Jesus christ, could you be any more new? That was actually published when he WAS a meme on Sup Forums. That was one of like... two topical jokes that was on fucking topic.

I fucking hate you people. Memory of a gypsy fucking moth, I swear to god.

>half jewish
How?

His dad was Jewish. If it was his mom, culturally he'd be a full Jew.

I played around with one of those things for the first time yesterday.

I don't get the appeal.

That's ok, you just have to accept that you're not hip anymore

He WAS a meme you idiots

I can't believe red skull's kid is fuckin dead.

what is this?

Saga by Brian K Vaugn.

I finally got the latest trade on the weekend and I cringed so badly when I saw the fidget spinner remark.
How would even Hazel know what one was?

I admit I did get a bit teary from her singing to her "brother".

I don't know why Alana didn't tell the non back alley place that her baby had died. Even countries that are against abortion would remove a dead baby.

I mean, they are still a wanted couple, right?

Completely agree with you about Jack Sparrow. A similar example I use is Han Solo. Imagine if instead of being the awesome side character, Han dethroned Luke as the main protagonist of ESB and ROTJ.

>I don't know why Alana didn't tell the non back alley place that her baby had died. Even countries that are against abortion would remove a dead baby
She needed a place that wouldn't ask any questions because whether or not abortion is legal, they would see that the kid was half Landfallian and half Wreath

I don't know if I agree with Han. He was functionally the protagonist of his own story in ESB while Luke was off doing Jedi shit.

Well now you get him as a protagonist without Ford's charisma

ITT: Retards still thinking pop culture references are new.

What happened with The Will was a godamned travesty but I get why he did it , The Will was a far more interesting and engaging character than the actual MC's would have prefered a series about him and his daughteru bounty hunting

>fan favorite characters are nosediving
That's because every side character is more interesting than the parents and their kid
>Bounty hunter making a wierd family with a rescued sex slave daughter and mage wife
>PTSD riddled robot prince going nuclear after the murder of his wife and son being kidnapped
>Bounty hunter's David Bowie looking sister and her demonic St.bernard
Yet we have to follow two dumbass kids and their kid in their adventures through topical subjects and Cosplay Namek

>always hear about Saga
>award winning, best-seller, critical acclaimed
>manage to catch a random issue storytime on Sup Forums
>it's about the characters going to the abortion planet to get the pregnant chick an abortion because her baby died in the womb or some shit
>arriving there she can't have the abortion because of some contrived bullshit reason
>so they have to go to the back-alley doctor side of abortion planet
>they go back to the their camp where some alien tranny is lashing out at the half-breed little girl for asking an innocent question
>in the camp they get attacked by shit zombies
>no really shit zombies
>I don't think I emphasized it enough
>SHIT. ZOMBIES.
>suddenly the pregnant woman deus ex machina some bullshit magic powers and destroy all the shit zombies
This is it. This is the award winning, critical acclaimed comic.
DAMN RIGHT THIS COMIC HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

>don't know what you're talking about
>read some out of context pages
>get offended
>hurr saga is shit
This is it. This is the (you) getting, anonymously acclaimed post.

>starting a story halfway through and being angry that you don't know what's going on

even when you do know it's pretty fucking stupid.

BPRD has its own cavalcade of problems

Oh no, I agree the shit zombies were pretty stupid. One of my biggest problems with Saga is its reliance on shock humor. However that user was being retarded with how he was approaching the series

>kids talking about dumb shit.

I don't see what the problem is.

>hey look you are a meme in Sup Forums!
>really? let me see!
>

>episode 9
>Yoda comes back as a force ghost and teaches Rey the ultimate Jedi technique, only to be used in emergencies - the dab
>Rey meets with Kylo Ren for the final time and she is forced to dab on him
>he dabs back

newfags