Post the absolute best burns in cartoons and comics

Post the absolute best burns in cartoons and comics

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1516483563623.webm
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wally is shit

I always found this so weird. The idea that villains were saturday morning tier at first and only later became, actual criminals with superpowers. I mean, how is a giant robot not too dangerous for a child, regardless of how goofy it may look?

Comics always played fast and loose with the real fantasy/line.
I mean shit, you don't need superpowers to beat a 12 year old kid into a coma. How did young Dick Grayson survive? Because he was in fantasy world.

I know, but that sort of thing can be handwaved with "training" or some shit. There's some internal logic to it. This is way too meta to the point of being ridiculous, in what's supposed to be a relatively serious scene. Roy calling bank robbers tolerable odds for kids reads almost like a parody. It makes no sense for silver age villains to be viewed this way in-universe.

Oops. wrong one. I meant this

what a fucking crybaby holy fuck

status of all the Robins: alive and kicking, still saving the world
status of Wally's kids: erased from existence

Wally confirmed for worst parent.

If it isn't the Barryfag.

Popularity, the ultimate parenting tool.

Joke will be on Balder when he gets killed by fucking Mistletoe

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1516483563623.webm
from

pretty good for hobo magic

>i

This was stupid on so many levels Waid.

I know the target audience is supposed to be young, but why does it seem like an 8-year-old wrote that bit?

Because in that story Batman was regressed to his preshooting mind

Yeah it's something that always annoyed me too, one of those things the where the writers apply real world perception in odd ways. I have the same reaction to villain rankings in universe.

Why do they write him like this.

That comic was a parody

I remember when Slott tried to save Pym's character after 50 years of one incident defining him.

that makes sense

The real greatest burn on the page is when Pym calls him "Dr Richards" and Reed replies "Hank."

This was such a fantastic moment

it was 0% stupid, user. zero percent

A classic.

What does Joker say?

Smells like a Barryfag.

Games count if they are based on comics, right?

-Stark: Pym particles. I wish I had the ego to name a particle after myself.
-Pym: How about you discover one first?

Funnily enough there are scenes like that worse than this parody
At least in this one he said sorry.

Why don't you put the whole world in a bottle?

Best burns, you say?

Well, I can't promise I'm posting one of the best...

...but it is one hell of a burn.

Does this count?

I loved the first stretch of Injustice but this really irked me.
Flash constantly fucked up Supes again and again. He had good morals. He had so many reasons to side with the Rebels
But then... Didn't

What a horrible piece of shit.

Which one? Flash? Because he's obviously making a fucking point, not actually suggesting they do all those things

Flash sure is a reductive cunt

I think the bigger point is where's the line and we are acting out of fear rather than what would be best. Example, kids die more from pets than guns, they get crippled and mauled by them in greater numbers too. Should we ban Dogs as pets? Why is basically a slave beast we subjugate and lord over for our amusement and ego more valuable to continue in suffering and risk of others than metal and gears of a tool/weapon?

Kids who love pets > kids who die by pets
Kids who die by guns < kids who love guns

To be fair, she never wore that outfit with him at the time. She was still with the Darkstars at the time.

LOL roasties btfo

That scene. No one in particular. It's not that Flash couldn't potentionally go for that argument even though I consider his objection as stupid. It's the writers that act like this is so such a super special revelation where Superman couldn't make a counter argument.

What would the counter argument be? I mean if it's like then it's over before it began.

sometimes i wonder if they ever talk to eachother at supersonic speeds

lole wymenz btfo superhero should just wear panties

Yeah the line doesn't really make sense.

Donna is such a slut.

Yeah and they are all still alive. Damian even got super powers when he was brought back. Being a batkid seems like an easy way to cheat death while building up a harem.

What an asshole

>Dick - quit because of differing opinions
>Jason - died. Bruce is lucky to have him back.
>Tim - boring
>Steph - died. Bruce is lucky to have her back.
>Damien - died. Bruce is lucky to have him back.

>Lex owns a Nokia 6600

I'm pretty sure there are millions of kids who love their toy guns.

I’m pretty sure Barry designed the outfit to be skin tight, not loose.

to set up the following page

and last

hehehe

nice

This is a good scene if you understand the history. It had years of build up.

Nazi Cap is shit though, and throwing her in prison for being a journalist is a shit comeback to the crap she pulled on normal Cap

Are they still doing the crappy hydra cap thing?

Miracleman became kind of disappointing as it went on, but that scene will always stick out to me.

What kind of father would send his 10 years old kid into battles? Batman being insane isn't excuse for you, Wally.

Kelly had some ass retarded ideas while writing for DC.

God I miss Hellblazer.
And why cant Yanks say ˈkänstənˌtēn (Con-stan-tine. rhymes with mine or shine)

It's almost as bad as Cereal Lord's rationale for why Karen has a hole in her chest. No, it's not a BOOB WINDOW, it's because she wants to be worthy of something first.

So yes, it's not stupid at all, user.

Should've said "All those Nascar fans on Myspace."

They actually sorta do that in Injustice. The worlds under attack by some alien invasion and supes moves really fast and has a conversation with flash, WHILE the world is being invaded and people are fighting for their lives, without missing a beat.

What was Alfred's gift that Bruce didn't notice?

The new dog that Bruce was against but eventually grew attached to.

Again, everyone alive. Except for Wally's kids. Not that he's even trying to get them back. Father of the year.

Those last two panels really ruin it.

Doesn't that make Bruce the most knowledgeable about it? Or at the very least a cautionary tale?

How is this a good point when she only touched him because he let her?

because barrys dumb enough to get touched all the time

Nah, that’s all Flashes, it’s a speedster thing