Ms. Marvel

When does it get bad?
I'm reading vol. 4 now and it's still decent.
Only few problems tho
1) Sometimes it's really obnoxious with Kamala's nerdiness.
>you've read dune! You cool, please marry my brother.
2) Her mother found out that she is a super hero, but it never go beyond that. Like they trying not to mention it in hope for people to forget about it.

But still, it's really good.
So Sup Forums' s only "problem" here is SJW boogie man? It almost non existing here, it's like they judge it without even reading comics.

Ultimate cringe was the doge joke when she met Wolverine.

Volume six.

>When does it get bad?
Whenever YOU decide it's bad. You know it's an opinion, right?

Nobody said it’s bad but point to the events and inhuman push disrupting things as well as a feeling that the writer doesnt really know where to go.

Well, she still left some levers to retcon her into mutan, will see about that in future.

Wolverine team up arc was the best thing in whole Kamala's run rho

There's a dip in quality around when the Civil War tie-ins happen. But it picks back up once that's done.

this wont get popular anyway. kamala is for niche internet nerds and journos/bloggers who pretty much exclusively only read western comics and yet are ok with some modern anime tropes. this one is pretty...eccentric. isnt even something hipsters like.

Last time I heard it was #1 online sale for Marvel, at least they called it like that.
Could be wrong tho

As soon as champions happened and turned the character into a soapbox... Or well, at least, a bigger soapbox than she was already.

From the first volume. It's trying very hard to ape both Current Year style writing and BKV's pacing but I think the biggest issue is just Kamala herself. She's not interesting and is kind of annoying and not all that likable. The current arc focusing on her friends (especially Zoey) trying to cover for her being the best issues in Wilson's entire run says a lot.

You have to remember that Marvel and Comixology do not release digital sales numbers so we have no clue what those numbers actually are. Last time I've ever heard anything about sales of digital was that they were (and this was a few years ago) something like 10% of the sales of floppies.

seeIs this your first time reading a book? Any book?

Hmm, I heard that people buying more comics online then physical, but it was stated by Marvel once again.

i stopped reading after the shitty civil war 2 tie in and the champions fiasco

Your mistake.
Never, NEVER read Ms. Marvel outside her single.

When she gets popular enough that she has to interact with the rest of Marvel.

The tie ins to the big events basically.

>her single
that was a tie-in boi

I'm not talking about CWII. Yeah it was awful, but after that it recover really fast

Her boyfriend or girlfriend will be lucky. Such stuff she could do in bed.

There are flaws in the comic, but the amount of complaints you probably heard are proportional to how much more Sup Forums became active as time went on.

>That frame rate
Ow ow ow

I'm more into the stuff that can't be contained by a bed.

I feel like it went downhill around the time Becky was introduced, despite me liking her. The book feels preachier since they're tying things to events, which themselves are thinly-veiled references to IRL political issues.

Beyond that, it doesn't feel like much has happened outside of Bruno leaving. Most of the characters are dull, so taking Kamala out to focus on her friends makes the story feel like a drag.

Why are there so few giant girls?

What went so wrong?

What exactly is this look trying to convey?
Why is this white woman impersonating a Muslim?

Kamala is boring. We already have:

>size shifters
>elastic heroes
>nerdy girls
>fluff books with no real consequences

The only thing Kamala brings to the table is her Muslim faith, and she's not even the first hero to do that either. So what do you call a character that has no defining characteristics, and only stands out for superficial political reasons?

She's a converted Muslim.

I like how marvel sends Amanat to public events anyway, cause they want to show off a brown woman.

theres never enough qt brown you faggot

...Okay.
Why?
Who the hell looks at the insane ramblings of a genocidal child rapist and goes, "Yep, this guy was definitely God's prophet."
Does she not know how women are typically treated throughout the entire Islamic world?

From vol.#5.

While remember your milage my vary, it doesn't become BAD but gets worse due Civil War II stealing the inertia.

You cannot even skip it because the events during those issues are important for a few characters.

How many spider-themed web slingers do we have?
How many speedsters?
How many super geniuses?
We even have a generic term to call Flying Bricks, ffs!
And you tell me the size-changing, elastic shape-shifter, nerdy fangirl Paki from Jersey is not unique enough?

Why does anybody look at the Bible and say that shit makes sense?
How does anybody look at the Communist Manifesto and not see the glaring flaw of flat out ignoring human nature when trying to make a human society?
Many people need to have faith in an idea that they can place above themselves in order to feel safe.
Unfortunately these people never seem to get that cozy feeling when reading Kant or Plato, let alone Wendt or Hayek. Must be the lack of easy solutions and nuanced, multi-layered approach to reality's problems from an analytical perspective that cannot be broken down into the most simplistic of platitudes. Well, unless you want to do Kant great injustice, anyway. I can see you try and hold that Categorical Imperative against me there!

>Size shifters
Yes
>Elastic heroes
Name five currently active ones that aren't jackie chan
>Nerdy girls
Fangirl getting to know her heroes is an angle the book uses.
>fluff books with no real consequences
So superhero books since forever?

Sup Forumss big problem is they were so triggered by how bad her event tie in issues are thet pretend the quality stayed down after those issues.

>Why does anybody look at the Bible and say that shit makes sense?
Jesus isn't bad as far as role models go.

>How does anybody look at the Communist Manifesto and not see the glaring flaw of flat out ignoring human nature when trying to make a human society?
They were probably indoctrinated as young adults by marxist professors, and didn't really take the time to truly think about it.

>Many people need to have faith in an idea that they can place above themselves in order to feel safe.
But she would be far less safe under Sharia law.

She wasn't raised that way, and it's in her own best interests to not convert to Islam, so what gives?

>Jesus isn't bad as far as role models go.
Except the part where he demands total subservience and devotion to his person before even close family. Or his fits of rage.
Not that the Church hasn't warped anything he reportedly said far out of proportion and bent to their ends, anyway.

>They were probably indoctrinated as young adults by Marxist professors, and didn't really take the time to truly think about it.
Talking about the revolutionaries of last century, actually.

>But she would be far less safe under Sharia law.
Ah, I see you don't get how religion works. It's about spinning realities and scripture to fit your narrative in the moment while providing a hierarchical cosmology that holds a secure place for you. Ignoring parts of whatever scripture when inconvenient is really entry-level shit.
I mean, technically Christianity is a Jewish sect and open death cult that disregards life as a mere test to get into a supposed eternity.
But they don't tell you that in this way.
And you can always be sure to have enough confusion and culture seeping into any religion to dismiss unfavorable practices in a new environment.
If Christianity can drop food restrictions and adopt polytheistic tendencies to please European heathens, there is no limitation on what you can spin.

>If Christianity can drop food restrictions
what food restrictions?

I mean, technically we should avoid meat during Lent, but that's not really much of a restriction.

The Jewish restrictions, you dolt.
Remember? Jesus was technically a rabbi?

Yeah, but we fucked them away centuries ago.
They had no raison d'être outside desertic climates. And in desertic climates, they were just good sense.

>How does anybody look at the Communist Manifesto and not see the glaring flaw of flat out ignoring human nature when trying to make a human society?
lol typical murican trying to pretend decent people don't exist and everyone is a degenerate like him

It's been boring and directionless

You're just being naive on purpose.

The one on the right makes me think of femto.

Not even the same continent.
But seriously, a system that solely relies on altruism to motivate people to create and innovate will not work.
You will need a strong state to even coordinate people.
And then you obviously don't get a philosopher king in charge, but the guys who want it the most.
And with no real organization outside of the state left, as that's what encompasses all the workers, you basically default to an authoritarian regime.
And since planning for a country on every level is hard and every mistake is ultimately the mistake of the leadership, you get increasing tension within your society which can only be contained via oppression if you want to stay in power, which you obviously want because you are an authoritarian ruler already. You went there.
A revolutionary workers' state cannot work, really. You need the motivation of every singular human to strive in their own interest.
And you want to make them get it by working for their own good, not by trying to abuse the system to get a leg up. Or worse, trying to steer the perpetual anger of the revolutionary mob from one perceived enemy to the next.
So you need inherent social mobility and a controlled leadership which can be changed out as needed to ensure they keep on track and provide maximum benefit to society, which means the people at large.
And that means to make the things everyone must rely on to live in society to be controlled by the state to a degree that ensures it cannot be exploited for gain at the detriment of the people (water, power, health services, basic transport, infrastructure, food), while also allowing for private entrepreneurship to work outside these commodities and expand upon them to further increase the common good. And it is a delicate balance to keep with oligarchy on one side and authoritarian terror on the other.

Not at all the reasoning at the time. It was about appeal to Greek and Roman prospective converts. Later the northern tribes of Europe

>fanart looks better than the actual comic

I miss her like that

Funny thing, Kamala already outrun her with issues as Ms. Marvel

There have not been 73 issues of Kamala marvel user

Anime was ok

I want to fuck Kamala's butthole.

The CWII tie-ins and the troll arc are the only issues with a big drop in quality, otherwise her series stay pretty constant.
Her nerdiness his a big part of her character and her friends and other heroes tell her to tone it down, so it's a flaw she will have to deal with at some point.
Her mother mostly helps her offscreen by covering Kamala's absence with some excuses or, like in the current arc, by allowing Kamala's over the top behaviour, because she knows being a superhero is hard

Kamala is mostly great in everything except Champions. In which she is a unlikable shitty leader.

there is nothing likeable about Champions. Creative change when?

>I feel like it went downhill around the time Becky was introduced, despite me liking her.
I like her too but instead of doing anything interesting she's just "grr fascism" and when she showed up after Civil War I think she barely even spoke. I like my fashyfu, she just needs more done with her to round her out and probably make her Kamala's main villain/rival.

You're just not #WOKE, satan.

this thread proves kamala goes with anime style.

I like Nova and young Cyke on the team. Everyone else reads exactly like you'd expect and ageing old man to write 'kid's these day with their social medias'

Satan never sleeps nigga

I'd say the arc right after the troll story was bad. It dragged on, it was preachy (though I did appreciate the parallels Amir drew between Muslims and Josh), Becky felt watered-down, and it didn't feel like a complete story if you weren't familiar with Secret Empire. And they tried to make Josh's betrayal a big thing, despite the fact that he's barely a presence in the book and almost never interacts with Kamala or Ms. Marvel.

And I feel like the current arc is lackluster. I'm glad that they're trying to flesh out the supporting cast, but they took out one of the most interesting characters and filled the space with her uninteresting friends and (sometimes) Red Dagger. It's a big mystery as to where Kamala is, but it feels like no there's been little progress in solving this mystery, and they'll just casually reveal her later. The only good thing is that her disappearance probably ties into her "I need a vacation" stuff from the train arc.

>I like Nova and young Cyke on the team.
They do absolutely nothing. They add absolutely nothing. Sam isn't even a proper comedic relief character. They just exist on the team to speak sometimes. Young Cyke was a complete mistake from day one. Fucking Bendis.

This. Suddenly, she's just extremely evil and stereotypical, despite the fact that she was originally an extremist who meant well, but was corrupted by her own power.

Was there any doubt?

It's a shit book user, every now and I like that Cyke keeps showing himself to be a more suited leader and Nova seems like the only sane character who isn't doing it for likes.

We're getting one in April, aren't we?

That's my main complaint about the book: the kids are barely a team, and characters often feel like they exist to round out the numbers. The relationships between the cast should be a core element in a team book like this.

But I'll say that Baby Cyclops is my favorite member of the team, if only because he had a great story in the issue where he became carefree and reckless. We learned about his character, which made him feel more fleshed out than the others, even if they're just aping stuff from the original Cyclops. Plus he used his lasers to lift himself in the air and become Flyclops.

still self-inserting as Carol.

Yeah, I also wonder what Kamala is doing at the moment.
She just disappeared from her own book.
Hope it will be her and her mom coming out of a lengthy spa session to find the town on fire and Zoe running from giant snails or some shit.

Well, what do you expect? Her to come back more reasonable than when she got detained after spiralling out of control?
All you have to do is assume someone gave her reassurance in her increasingly extremist views while she is down.

But when her entire on-screen presence is dedicated to her being a generic villain, she becomes much less interesting than she used to be.

>giant snails
Somehow, I can see the Inventor actually using giant snails by the end of this arc.

Personally I just got sad when Bruno left. There's some big preachy moments in the previous arc to the current one, but her brother is pious as fuck so it could just be written off as he's literally preaching.

The stuff with the Mayor is a little weird too. She got elected, then the bad guys just noped and took over and no one cared? Seems a bit weird.

I still like it overall though. I'm a slut for lighter fare comics when the MC isn't an obnoxious know it all fuck like Riri or Moon Girl. It's like MA Spider-Man or Spider-Man loves Mary Jane.

I'm with Kamala here. Herc a cute.

In truth it was only Bruno's fault and non of it was on Kamala

I wish we'd get these fanfic cutaways more often. They're fucking hilarious.

Where was this from? Wasn't there another where Nova and Miles were lusting after her too?

Aamir had that speech all laid out.
He had been prepared to get taken in by ICE or the NSA because of his faith, so he was grandstanding as fuck in that scene, ready to be a martyr for his convictions unfairly targeted by authorities.
And he got a: "Nope, we don't care. You are an unregistered power user."
Which severely deflated him because it's something he was not prepared for or even thinking about anymore.
Remember, he is in training as an imam or something. He knows how to spin his shit.
But the scene was, as was the whole arc, about Josh and how Becky got to him.

Thank you for explaining a comic I read.

I liked it up until the arc where she was fighting a computer virus that fed off negativity, and she and her friends beat it by being positive in a WoW knockoff and starving it. It was bullshit, and that's where I dropped it. Haven't read an issue since

'Converted' euphemism for LARP'ing.

What is this nonsense? People can choose whatever religion they want.

>she and her friends beat it by being positive in a WoW knockoff

How do you do fellow kids

That's not what happened. What happened is that it learned from behavior. It was a dick because everyone was a dick so by altering how they act the result is the virus following it's programming and mimicking their new behavior.

You're right, that is what happened. It's even dumber than what I thought

She's a shapeshifter. The growing and elastic stuff are just extensions of it. Since almost all shapeshifters get portrayed as villains (Mystique, Skrulls, etc.) seeing any with such powers in a central heroic role is rare.

I wish she would do kawaii ~uguu anime eyes at heroes or exaggerated reaction faces.
Just having fun with her abilities.

She did that in the cartoon when she first met Captain Marvel.