Paranatural

>fill in your pnat bingo cards, it's ethics debate o'clock

I'm just here for the broken wrist pic. Somebody post it so I can go my way.

why are they acting like they spent an arc developping the brain character, when it only lasted half an hour in story time?

NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT THIS FUCKING CHARACTER

FOCUS AND DEVELOP YOUR MAIN FUCKING CAST MORRISON

PAGE SPACE IS A PREMIUM AND THIS IS A WASTE OF OUR TIME AND YOUR ENERGY

Because Zack decided to pack three chapters' worth of character development into one?

Sort of like how Eightfold was introduced and then was written out immediately afterwards. Like, Zack should have really just made a filler chapter to develop her.

Jesus I don't give a shit about any of this, I just want wacky ghost adventures. This page is boring and nothing stands out visually. Also, you just know this is going to cut to a gag of Spender seemingly talking to a wall in the eyes of other teachers/students.

Well from our perspective, Hijack *HAS* had an entire arc solely dedicated to him. This entire fucking chapter has beennit.

>I take no pleasure in teaching this listen, Hijack
Come on, Zack, proof read your pages.

The only ethics we're debating is his...should've stuck his focus to this alone instead of his "literally who" characters.

>that miserable feel when I get a lot more kick from fanart of Max and Isaac's ghostpunching poses rather than their actual in-comic appearances

You forget that they're in trance mode, so he'd be mumbling at superspeed and his mouth would be a blur.

Go in peace.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

>I TAKE NO PLeasure in teaching this listen
What did he mean by this?

IT WON'T END
THIS SHIT WILL NOT FUCKING END
FOUR BILLION YEARS FROM NOW THE EARTH IS GOING TO CRASH INTO THE FUCKING SUN AND THIS FUCKING BRAIN-LOOKING TURD WITH A FACE IS STILL GOING TO BE TALKING

>I take no pleasure in teaching this listen, Hijack, but know this:
>If you hand your moral compass, it will lead you astray
Am I stroking out?

One's just a typo, but the next one I honestly don't even know what Lucifer is supposed to be saying.

The wrist is taking on a life of its own and attempting to communicate with us.

Glad I'm not the only one who's not understanding a fucking word in the first 2 panels. Thought I was just tired or something.

I think there's a missing word, I think it's supposed to say "if you hand OVER your moral compass, it will lead you astray." He's saying that if you let other people decide for you what's right or wrong, you're gonna fuck up.

Zack's always been terrible at writing longer serious dialogue even when the comic was good. It doesn't help that this chapter's full of speeches but this page is almost completely incoherent.

>I take no pleasure in making this comic, user, BUT KNOW THIS: IF MY HAND AAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH

I think a requirement for getting in the non-binary club is forgetting everything you know about grammar. It starts with the pronouns and then it spreads.
Seriously, it's kind of embarrassing watching him trying to write a grandiloquent text and failing miserably at it.

This is literally just filler so he doesn't have to draw as much.

>Violence is never right and never causes change!
Please take your milquetoast centrist drivel out of your comic, Zack.

>the flashback to when he was using violence was only a half hour ago at the most

What? He's saying the opposite, that if you let reason and logic decide when to use violence, you'll invent any wack-a-doodle reason to use it, and just close yourself off to the victims of it, as you've already decided that they're EVIL and deserve it.

This conversation is clearly developing Spender, you mongoloids. It's tying back the earlier discussion about how Spender is always changing his ethics based on what's happening to him at the moment.

It even zooms in on Spender's face in the last panel so you know exactly what's going on. I hate modern paranatural as much as anyone, but at least get what's going on before you try to shit on it.

>listen
>if you hand your moral compass

This needs to be spellchecked, unless I'm misinterpreting some puns.

Is Zack seriously trying to make Hijack sympathetic. This is all taking place in the span of... two, three hours? I hope he dies soon.

Eh, Hijack is already a fairly sympathetic character. He displayed regret immediately after the kickball arc, and then pic related happened. He went out of his way to give Issac some peace-of-mind when the self-serving choice would have been to flee immediately.

Mind, the newest page is a bit too long-winded, and somewhat unnecessary. What even is pacing?

the second one might be "If you head your moral compass"

Just more of the same "your feelings distract you from your objective"

Hijack is an absolutely worthless character, but I hope that last panel suggests that Spender has kept some consciousness this entire time and is aware of what's going on.

I liked his talk with Isabel and it'd be a real fucking bummer if Spender doesn't remember any of that and it really was all Hijack spitting words out.

>I hate modern paranatural as much as anyone, but
>"I'm not a racist but" fallacy
nice shilling strategy

Zack has fixed the dialogue. It still looks like a shit page to me, but according to him it's fixed.

OK, it at least makes sense now. Lucifer is making his old "be logical" argument.

I hate the current pages so much. Not a single vibrant color that stands out. 0 backgrounds even though the majority of this chapter took place in a fucking hallway. Misplaced wacky faces everywhere because Zack's forgotten how to draw actual emotions. If you told me this would happen back in Chapter 4 I would not have believed you. The pacing was shit even back in the good days but the art was still top tier, why would you let this happen to your comic? Why did the fucking Twitter hugbox have to exist and why are there so many people who judge a comic's quality by its LGBT diversity counter?

somebody fill me in on this meme. I haven't followed Morrison closely for some time now

not since back when paranatural was good

>Oh no someone pointed out how retarded I am! Better call them a shill
Paranatural's art is shit, its pacing is shit, the pandering is shit, the Shonen bits have gone from somewhat clever to obnoxious and overbearing, and Zack can't string together two updates in a row because his wrist breaks down at the slightest hint of effort. He's turned what used to be a distinct and interesting webcomic into a pile of garbage and wacky faces.

That doesn't change the fact that you still can't understand something the comic is literally beating you over the head with.

no it's not. Hijack is speaking through Spender. He literally has his tendrils visibly in his brain and a double speech bubble to show this

how do you miss this, did you read the comic?

I think he means the last panel but it'd be far easier to just chalk it up to Zack clumsily shitting out the page 10 minutes before he has to post it.

Zach often misses updates, citing wrist pain. Here's a sample of direct quotes over the years...

>*EDIT* Hey guys, you might have seen this on Twitter already, but I've been having some light lingering wrist trouble for the last few days- nothing too serious- but I am taking it easy so it doesn't become A Thing. I absolutely need my wrist in good shape longterm! Thank you for your understanding. Paranatural will be back on Tuesday the 15th!

>*EDIT* No update today (Friday the 27th)! We're on the road for the holidays and my wrist was acting up, so I decided to play it safe and take it easy since there was nowhere comfortable to work and we were busy. I hope you had a good thanksgiving if that's your thing, and a good day if it's not! My wrist was feeling fine after a day of rest and stretches, so I'll see you with an update on Tuesday the 1st!

>*EDIT* Hey guys, my wrist started acting up for the first time in a long time and I wasn't able to complete an update for today. Sorry about that! :( I'm going to look after myself and get back to updating on Tuesday. Thanks for your patience!

>*EDIT* Hey guys, my wrist started acting up so I decided to play it safe and wait to update til Tuesday. I'll see you then, thanks for your patience!

>*EDIT* Hey all! Never happy to say it, but I'm fielding some wrist issues and was unable to complete an update. Doing everything I can to get it healed, I'll see you back here ASAP! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

>*EDIT* Hey guys, I'm taking a wrist break so there's no update today! I'll see you on Friday, thanks for understanding!

>*EDIT* Hey guys! I tired my wrist out doing some other work and need to let it recover, so I don't have an update ready for today. Sorry about that! I'm resting up and will get back to it as soon as I can. Thanks for your understanding!

Jesus Christ.

Look at the early panels of this page and the entirety of the last one. See how when Hijack speaks there's only one speech bubble, coming from his mouth? When he talks about shit specific to Hijack, that's what we get.

But then there are panels where Hijack's speech bubble is joined by a speech bubble coming from Spender. And those are the speech bubbles that can be read not only as coming from Hijack, but also as coming from Spender, reflecting the earlier conversation he had with Lucifer about his own morals and impulsiveness.

Then in the panel, we get a close up on Spender's face and only one speech bubble, coming directly from Spender. This is what it looks like when the comic is hitting you over the head with its message. Lucifer is talking to Hijack, but he's also talking to Spender, because their problems are essentially the same, as he sees it. There are multiple things going on in this conversation.

Because what we need on an already bloated, tedious, directionless, toneless, terrible chapter is three talking heads discussing ethics

At this point Hijack is more developped than any of the main kids. Jesus Christ.

Oh what's this, an in-depth argument between the chapter antagonist and the teacher's spirit with underlying double meanings? That's nice, but wait: I don't give a shit about Hijack. I don't give a shit about wasting more time on this nonsense. It has been three years on this one chapter. I don't fucking care about Hijack anymore.

yeesh

you'd think he'd just build a fuckin backlog since he does this shit fulltime

Do you have any idea how wrist-unfriendly that is?

>three talking heads discussing ethics
Two of them LITERALLY talking inside a head!

It baffles me how he didn't notice that the first panel was completely unreadable in the first place.

That "listen" typo threw me off so badly I had to reread the first five or so panels over again. I thought Zack was trying to be quirky at first with Lucifer's dialogue but no, it's just spelling errors and poor sentence structuring.

>>All the teachers are puppets, making us think that one of them is with Hijack in them.
>>Meanwhile Jeffs hand, the one who was actually possessed is next to Spencer hand.
>>Is even the same hand, as if he just put a diferent glove.

Was it at plainsight this whole time?

I know it's fucking nothing when compared to all of the other, genuinely awful shit that has helped to ruin this comic, but I'm really disappointed that Lucifer doesn't even speak in his distinctive dialogue style anymore. Zack just keeps getting more and more lazy.

Not even shonen anime is as slow as this.

What the fuck is this dialogue. I went cross-eyed reading that second panel.

Shonen philosophy.

brain: smooth

What's wrong with the deep and insightful manga philosophy lessons?

Okay what the fuck is this crappy comic even about, i tried reading it the other day buy my eyes cased over

it took me four minutes to get through this page

A story of an artist with extremely delicate wrists who is slowly succumbing to new age labels in a desperate attempt to not fit in any label

>Let's take the worst part of the Ghost Train chapter, and put it in the Ghost Brain chapter.

This is so bad. It's SO bad. SO SO BAD! I CAN'T HANDLE HOW BAD THIS SHIT IS, HOW DO YOU GET TO BE SO BAD?

Inferior Uchiha. I mean, is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him?

I remember when he finished for Christmas and I thought there was a big fight sequence coming. Then it became a chase scene in January. Now it's become a very special episode edition. On some level he should be congratulated for subverting/ crushing my expectations so thoroughly.

>On some level he should be congratulated for subverting/ crushing my expectations so thoroughly.
Isn't that basically his special talent at this point?
>"Haha you thought an actual thing was going to happen this chapter but you have been rused again, foolish reader! Thanks for understanding!"