Just got back from watching Black Panther AMA

just got back from watching Black Panther AMA

i will use spoilers

testing

Please tell me there is no Infinity Gem bullshit

There is none. it's practically a stand alone film

Please tell me its good and all the stupid politicization was to make up for how bad it was

>it's practically a stand alone film
This makes me moist, go on. Is klaw any cool, what about this man ape character that looks interesting

Are you black? Did you enjoy the movie?

How cancerous was the audience?

It's good. it's a solid 8.9/10. I wanted more. Not enough Klaw. Shoddy CGI during final fight (and other suit scenes) takes some score off.

Klaw is great. Unfortunately he wasn't used enough. Serkis needs an oscar just for being awesome.

I am as black as vanilla ice.

Does he die? Whats he like?

This is England, m8. We don't make noises during films.

>8.9/10

By Toonami standards it's doomed.

How many times did someone scream "WE WUZ KANGZ!" from the audience?

The only important question: Does Klaw die in the film?

he does get killed. hoping thanos turns up and somehow brings all these dead villains to life or something. He's completely bonkers. He also has a soundcloud.

Was it funny?

see
There's a couple of funny bits (Klaw provides most of them) but it's mostly serious business.

How much of the movie’s sound track is hip hop/rap?

12%

m'baku was barely used. and of course was never called man ape. just had some big fur clothing on

Was there a lot of hooting and clapping?

Again. This is England. People just do not do that here. When i read stories about people cheering and clapping at films i'm all 'u avin a giggle m8'

I used to work in a cinema and we threw people out for less.

God bless the Queen. Remembering the animalistic shitshow that was the cinema experience in Texas always makes me proud to be British.

Anyway, how was the action overall? A few reviewers have said it's the weakest part of the film.

What does it mean?

British people really are boring...
You will never experience true movie joy

>This is England. People just do not do that here. When i read stories about people cheering and clapping at films i'm all 'u avin a giggle m8'
Ah yes, they just get jailed for owning a butterknife but you can rape as many if you want under the excuse of “cultural enrichment”

post credits?

Equinsu Ocha!

They are right. too much shitty cgi suit shenanigans.

I swear after getting in a fight for trying to tell a group of rowdy poos to shut the fuck up in a theater, all niggers screaming and chimping out in theaters deserve to get shot up in a theater shooting of a tyler perry film.

don't be a tosser all your life, mate

mid
t'challa and posse go to the UN to reveal the real wakanda to the world and one dude is all 'you're a bunch of farmers though' and t'challa is all 'lol'

end
an armless bucky emerges from a mud hut looking like white jesus and gets called white wolf. Shuri says he has more to learn

Bro take a look at what you posted and re-evaluate your life if that what you think a personal with critical thinking skills seems appropriate

Shut the fuck up and move on. I go to the movies all the fucking time and no one does that shit. Ever.

I don't have that picture where the black guy fucks with somebody then the guy writes a racist rant on Sup Forums while crying, but imagine I just posted it.

sounds like youre fuckin soft m8

>I go to the movies all the fucking time and no one does that shit. Ever.
Youre not around blacks then i take it

Does Shuri get BLEACHED like the other spoilers said?

>niggers screaming and chimping out in theaters deserve to get shot up in a theater shooting of a tyler perry film.

The overreaction, and i thought britburkas had the stiff upper lip

Is it better than that overrated piece of DC shit?

It's a teaser for Netlix's Witcher.

pardon

if you mean wonder woman.
then yes it is

No that's obvious I mean the one that was held up as the gold fucking standard for comic book movies because one of their shitty actors fucking killed himself

is the fact that wakanda is hidden from the world treated as a good or bad thing? People are calling it reverse alt right for that

>all this Sup Forums autismposting not phasing OP

Good man

>People are calling it reverse alt right for that
How is it reverse? Its exactly the type of thinking neo nazis use, as some blacks are saying whites cant share african culture and its only for blacks AKA the same shit stormfags believe

i meant that they say its alt right for blacks

How much White Guilt was there in the movie?

>shitty actor
You’re just being contrarian at this point

not that user but besides heath ledger the dark knight isnt really that good

definitely more of a bad thing. Erik calls them out on it many times.

i've been on tumblr for like 7-8 years. I'm used to ignoring gonks.

not as good as the dark knight IMO

fine "mediocre"

Why would there be white guilt if the movie was mostly made by black people? Dumbass

a wee bit.

>i've been on tumblr for like 7-8 years.
GET OUT
E
T

O
U
T

Oh shit I recognize you and your way of typing
Cool dude

are wakanda full of flying cars?

Klaw and Killmonger both die, I take it?

>How much White Guilt was there in the movie?

Depends on how you define that.

The only white person in the movie with a significant role in Klaw, and he's a villain out to exploit an African nation. He's treated as idiotic comedy relief throughout the film and killed for laughs. So the film does treat its only white character dismissively.

The mid credits sequence features a racist white man making the "but you're only backward, third world, mud hut-dwelling farmers, lol" so they still found a way to fit in that undercurrent of "white people are racist and think all blacks are stupid" moment.

So the movie uses white actors very sparingly, but when they do show up, they're portrayed as either idiots or racists. It's only a couple moments in the film, but they're the only moments with white people.

Isn't Bilbo Baggins supposed to be in this movie with a not-insignificant role?

yo

Magnetic train thingies and insect looking flying things.

are you telling me to get out of here or there?
Either way the answer is the same 'no u'

>"but you're only backward, third world, mud hut-dwelling farmers, lol"
>implying that doesnt describe that shithole continent perfectly

>are wakanda full of flying cars?
>Magnetic train thingies and insect looking flying things.

Related question: Does Wakanda look more futuristic, hi-tech and Utopian than Asgard in the Thord movies?

Indeed. klaw dying was a shame because he was great

Minus the "farmers" part. If Africans knew how to farm, we wouldn't have to be sending them food all the time.

>He's treated as idiotic comedy relief throughout the film and killed for laughs.
See, that's how you know it's an MCU movie.

>I used to work in a cinema and we threw people out for less.
Well done, good on you. Seriously that shit ought to be nipped in the bud

neah. not even close.

I'm not paying 13€ for the movie ticket to hear some assholes hoot their commentary, I'm there to watch the film.

If you want to have some sort of rowdy communal commenting party where the movie is just a backdrop to your shrieking, arrange a special scream-along screening for that

Watching Black Panther, I likened the fake out with Klaw to how The Last Jedi treated the cliffhangers from The Force Awakens with a "lol just kidding" attitude.

Age of Ultron built Klaw up as though he was going to be of some importance later on. Black Panther makes him a goof and a throwaway villain because the joke it "ha ha we made you think Klaw was going to matter".

The audience laughed when he died, though, so I guess only Klaw enthusiasts give a damn that he was turned into a joke character.

are there any black people in it

there's at least 5

>are there any black people in it

We just call them "people" here.

I'm pretty sure there are people who aren't black.

no, but there's black panthers

Why are you posting a picture of Jesus?

I'm not talking about commentary (I've never even heard anything like that, aside from my annoying sister who I don't bring to movies anymore) I'm talking about laughing or cheering at awesome moments.
Or gasps.

Serkis just can't get a break, can he?

Outside of Secret Wars, when has Kalw ever fucking mattered? Klaw, in today’s Marvel, is a complete joke. I think the last time he was taken seriously was in a few issues of Waids last Daredevil run and it wasn’t even that important to the main arc.

There were Crimson Dynamo enthusiasts that were upset Vanko got merged with Whiplash and wasted in Iron Man 2. And don't forget about all the Mandarin blubbering.

EVERY villain, no matter how obscure, has a fanbase of vocal autists who will be upset if they don't get their due in a film.

I dunno, his Planet of the Apes trilogy is God-tier (and I won't hear otherwise!)

>And don't forget about all the Mandarin blubbering.
That was totally justified with how that hack ruined him and replaced him with yet another boring business suit douche

is this a furry movie

klaw's power could give us great fight
he is supposed to be main villain of this flick but marvel back out.

man deserves an oscar for the ape films alone
GIVE HIM AN OSCAR, YOU COWARDS

>he is supposed to be main villain of this flick but marvel back out.

On the bright side, we got another "hero must battle his evil opposite who has the same powers and a similar appearance as he does" scenario, and we all know THAT well hasn't run dry yet.

So is Killmonger T'Challa's brother?

What's this scene in Oakland that all reviews are gushing about?

cousin. there's 2 scenes in Oakland. one at beginning and one at end. they may be talking about the end one. nothing great about it. but as a white person i may be missing something.

I'd rather have one over this garbage.

Describe 'em.

Is it good

No spoilers pls

My honest opinion of the movie now that I've seen it is that it's overhyped to the tenth degree, but not a bad film. It falls in the middle in terms of MCU quality, around Dr. Strange and Ant-Man, I think. It isn't pap, but it won't knock your socks off. The film follows the MCU formula to the letter and if you know the rhythm of those movies then absolutely nothing in this film is going to surprise or impress you, but nothing will necessarily disappoint you, either. It is absolutely, positively AVERAGE by every metric.

As for the treatment of white people and white characters, the movie does utilize racial tensions and "sins of the fathers" as an underlying part of the narrative. One character wants a race war, the other is a pacifist who just wants everyone to get along. There aren't very many white characters in the movie, but the ones that do appear ARE portrayed as either "harmlessly ignorant" in their dismissive perception of Africans/black people, bigoted and stupid in their treatment of black people, or outright racist villains. There aren't any sympathetic white characters in the movie except maybe Bucky, but he only appears for 5 seconds after the credits. If that bothers you, the truth is that there are so few white people in the movie and they appear so briefly, any openly anti-white sentiment is quick.

Personally, I'd only suggest Black Panther if you've seen every MCU film and can't bear to miss a chapter. The truth is that it has no impact on the overarching narrative of the MCU (not Infinity Stone stuff at all and the characters are pretty much right where we left them after Civil War even when this film is accounted for). You can skip it if you want and not miss a beat.

Whoops.

Meant as a reply to

Opening scene is in 1992 and is t'chaka (cleverly played by kani's son) killing his own brother for helping klaw steal vibranium.

2nd is t'challa and shuri outside the building where it happened and he reveals he's bought all the buildings in the area and it's gonna be an art/science thing headed up by shuri and nakia. he takes the cloak off his ship and all the young kids are like 'WOWZERS!

what happens to killmonger in the end? does he die?

yup

Yeahh.
solid film.

So is M'Baku teased to be a future villain or is he going to remain a reluctant ally?

probably gonna be killed by thanos and his gang desu

Is there any setup for the White Wolf or any other future villains?

What role does Ross play in the movie?

marvel once again delivers what i expected

>There aren't very many white characters in the movie, but the ones that do appear ARE portrayed as either "harmlessly ignorant" in their dismissive perception of Africans/black people, bigoted and stupid in their treatment of black people, or outright racist villains. There aren't any sympathetic white characters in the movie

So as a white person, what's my motivation to spend money on this movie?

Its marvel and you dont want to look like a racist

Why do black people still go see Captain America or vote for white candidates?

Because theres a dude in a techno cat suit clawing the shit out of everything?

Whats the motivation for black people to see the other 99% of marvels shit ass movies?