Bomango Reboot

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanheist.deviantart.com/art/most-ultra-340093247
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing, besides Sup Forums making lame ass edits, proving yet again that it's a worthless board and the art being inconsistent.

Everything.
Also lack of fanservice.

Her made her less brown, and ruined her hair, and less muscly.

Just have them fuck already. It's a /ss/ amazon fetish comic stop pretending otherwise.

>What went wrong?

Artist forgot that people only followed his comic to look at the pictures of sexy girls. Tried to elevate it into his ultra dramatic magnum opus. Strip after strip after strip without sexy girls or the girls are just sitting at tables talking. Readership bailed because that they came for originally had been purged from the comic.

Nothing really. Just a that a bunch of readers in this place are too thirsty.

>Her made her less brown,

Oh hai, tumblr!

>The last speech bubble
I had to re-read it to be sure. Well done.

I was iffy on the thinner lines in the last few pages, but it fits much better in this one.

This, basically. Van fell into the same trap so many webcomic artists do.

Finally reading the reboot. Reading it as a cohesive made me realize it's all self-insert shit.

Feel kinda dumb not seeing it before.

It's still not bad tho

THIS

Remember when this webcomic was about moments like this?

>No naked gogo yet
>not even hidden nudity
There's your problem

>went from being a webcomic about waifuism
>to being a "comics can be serious too" story
Christ.

english is not my first or second language. So I have a question . Did that white dude just ask that pakistani chick to anal him or he will tell on her?

it's an edit

I dunno, kinda like it. It's a slow burn.
A little more small town goings-ons than I'd prefer but who knows, maybe Hector will get with the cute redhead cousin.

Not enough has happened for anything to go wrong

>Make your cheesecake comic into a narrative
>Don't write an actual narrative, just frame the same shit as if it is one
>Slow your pacing as much as possible.
>Also write vapid dialogue that doesn't really say very much.
>Write a LOT of that dialogue.
>And break up your page with a bunch of panels that you don't need.

It's a worst case scenario. Dude doesn't know how to format a comic at all.

Cheesecake should just stick to cheesecake. Taking this story seriously was a mistake on the creator's part. Keep it fun, not melodramatic.

Threadly reminder that this is ALL YOUR FAULT

vanheist.deviantart.com/art/most-ultra-340093247

It's an edit, but yes, Andy boldly blackmails half-kaiju into doing buttstuff with him, which makes him the most brave/stupid kid on Earth.

So this is another reboot or what?
Is this why Gogo is less muscular?

>So, anal to keep my mouth shut, right?

am I reading this correctly? does he want anal?

If you're reading it wrong, I am too.

Always knew he was a fuckboy

>trap
It's not like it's some accident, webcomics have been using this trick for as long as they have been around.
Constantly tease softcore smut in order to get people reading, then try to gradually shift them to caring about the shitty narrative while never delivering.

There is like nothing interesting that would make me want to see more of it.
The original was already pretty meh tho.

>another
There's only been the one. And yes, that's why Gogo isn't fuckhuge yet.

Honestly, its just too dry.
His earlier comics had a certain degree of humor/wackiness to them.
Even when he started doing story-lines, the humor was still there. Gogo talking to Andy in his bedroom about birds and the bees and Andy pushing her out the window when his mom comes. And the following morning she's still lying headfirst on the lawn from the fall. That was amusing. It was amusing but also allowed to set up plot.

Now it just feels like it takes itself too seriously, there's really no humor whatsoever.

You're definitely not wrong there. Presumably the humor will reestablish itself once Gogo settles in and the day-to-day weirdness of having a half-kaiju amazon around begins.

>3rd post

...you went the slowpokes, amayiright, magim?

Its a graphic novel but it releases too goddamn slow. One page a week is fast for this guy. He should make like 10 a week to keep people interested enough, or just release it all at once and not tell us about the reboot

Why does she talk like this? Is that supposed to be a specific accent?

She was taught English by her father, who wasn't a native speaker himself.

It's slow, painfully so, but that's really the only thing I have issue with.

Nothing

>What went wrong?
At its inception, it was more of a "slice of life story story where incredible things happen around this one person" Maybe Van thought it was to FLCL. Then came the subtle/not-so-subtle one shots of "just fuck already" fetish-y but still very fun comics. Then came this reboot thing.
And from what there is, it feels like maybe, just maybe, Van's just biting off more than he can chew.
I don't know. I could all just be "first time webcomic" syndrome. Well, proper "first time webcomic".

It's supposed to be like a southern drawl, but with a Japanese accent.
Unless it was changed into Russian, because the author likes to appease to that one voice actor doing that shitty dub.

>It's supposed to be like a southern drawl, but with a Japanese accent.
Where the hell did you get that from?

I'm honestly expecting it to go full swing back to the slice-of-life once the cerebus intro is over, kinda like a setting establishment and then all the fun stuff happens again

Anyone remember that Gogo's backstory used to be being Didi's simease twin chainsawed apart? Yeah, that got scrapped pretty quick.
Author needed to have realized that we were here for Gogo's shenanigans, and her very well endowed plots, and that literally noone gave a shit about her backstory.
Unfortunately recent posts points otherwise.

>Anyone remember that Gogo's backstory used to be being Didi's simease twin chainsawed apart? Yeah, that got scrapped pretty quick.
Look at this guy, thinking he has any idea what he's talking about.

From on old-ass deviantart post Van made.

But I see that he actually went full on with the european Gogo, instead of Japanese.

Well shit.
I just remember chainsaw being involved at some point.

I think as soon as we start seeing the other people who went to Gogo's *school* [giant guy, one armed wifu]there will be another big uptick.

I'm pretty sure Levi has said a bunch of times the tone would go back to comedy when all this part is settled.

It always read as a Russian accent to me. Which is kind of funny, because when I got to I thought, "Hah, I was right!" followed by, "Wait, why DID I think it was Russian? There's really nothing specifically Russian in the text..."

Was it this?

>it feels like maybe, just maybe, Van's just biting off more than he can chew
I'm not sure I agree. I think this is being executed well enough, the problem is If we got this exposition arc in one fell swoop, I think people would have far less problems with it. That said, I don't think there's any way for Van to actually pick up the pace.

> Didi's doll
I shouldn't be relating to this

>What went wrong?
They finally kissed and then Van announced reboot. Kind of a natural out for anyone following it, especially considering the reboot hasn't been all that interesting. Just lacks the adventure the original seemed to have.