ACTION COMICS and SUPERMAN Runs To End In Two MAY Specials

The creative talent of ACTION COMICS writer Dan Jurgens and the SUPERMAN team of Patrick Gleason and Peter J. Tomasi have brought legions of Superman fans story after story filled with action, humor, emotion and candor--traits that have continued to present Superman as an enduring symbol of hope, optimism, truth and justice. This May, the conclusions to their epic runs serve as the centerpieces of two special one-shot issues.

On sale May 2, the 48-page ACTION COMICS SPECIAL #1 features “The Last Will and Testament of Lex Luthor,” written by Jurgens with art by Will Conrad. Beginning with the events of REBIRTH, Superman’s greatest enemy became his most unexpected ally. Is Lex finally on the heroic path, or is he still hiding his true colors? When he finds himself in an adventure where Superman could be destroyed, what will he do? Save the Man of Steel, or witness his demise at the hands of an unimaginable enemy? This oversize special also includes stories from Max Landis and Francis Manapul (TRINITY, JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE) originally slated to appear in the DC UNIVERSE HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2017 #1, and Mark Russell (THE FLINTSTONES, EXIT STAGE LEFT: THE SNAGGLEPUSS CHRONICLES) with artist Jill Thompson (WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON).

Available May 16, SUPERMAN SPECIAL #1 features Tomasi and Gleason’s “The Promise,” concluding a story from REBIRTH that began in issue #8, 2016’s “Escape from Dinosaur Island.” Before Superman’s world goes through some drastic changes, he has unfinished business to attend to on Dinosaur Island. Superman and the Losers’ Captain Storm take one final trip together into the abyss of tomorrow, which brings the military man out of time into the world of today. This 48-page extra-size special also features bonus stories by Mark Russell with art by Bryan Hitch and Ian Flynn with art by Kaare Andrews.

newsarama.com/38615-current-action-comics-and-superman-runs-to-end-in-two-may-specials.html

>Max Landis
No chance of this happening

Why is DC doing this?

Forgot pic

All the stuff got dropped, there's a reason they're re-publishing the story. I imagine Agent of Batman won't be far behind

>There is still hope for Super Lex

please. please. please.

I don't know. Without Marvels underhanded sales tactics can Bendis shift a book?

In the beginning, his name will probably carry some weight still
A couple issues in, we shall see.

Jeez, I thought that was Goku for a moment. It's just the cape and the palm's leaves.

Captain Storm is back. Hell yeah

What's this from?

Jim Lee's cuffs are already being forgotten. Heh.

Last Son.

>jimenez art

Do what I did. Everyone should drop Superman and AC after issue 1000. Vote with you wallets guys.

>Bonus stories from Mark Russel and Ian Flynn
Already worth it.

Still there

Faggit

That is what I am doing too

Faggot

What if it's Daredevil/USM Bendis and not Age of Ultron Bendis though? If he does a good job should he not be rewarded?

>a creator beat a #MeToo accusation

Is there anything DChads can't do?

man those are some good lines and colors

Faygot

After AoU, CW2, Defenders, AvX, Ultimate End, and countless other stinkers he’s pushed out I am not ever going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He has worn out his welcome with me. If he proves himself to be good after 25 issues I’ll put them back on my pull list.

Did exactly this. I hope this cancer doesn't last more than 20 issues. Fuck DC for not only renumbering but for rebooting and having the balls to say they aren't

>inb4 the shills from yesterday attempt to tell me the dictionary definition of reboot is incorrect and their shill-ass spin is the real definition.

I don't care at the end of the day what details come out I'm not buying that fat fucks attempt to kill the greatest character of all time.

All masterpieces

>If he does a good job should he not be rewarded?
rewards don't come before the good job user. I don't know what point you think you're making.

If it's good we all missed out. When it's shit we'll all hope the sales reflect that.

DC blamed the last two reboots on Manhattan, what will they blame this one on when it fails and they reboot again in a year?

Can you please not turn Lex back into a villain? Like, don't make him totally super good and everything, but don't undo everything just because Superman is getting a new writer.

God I love Jimenez.

>trunks
I'm still sad.

They can always bring Prime back
Or go full meta and make some Bendis expy

How will you know if it's good or not if you don't try the comic? If it is bad then you drop it and sales will reflect that. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
>b-but his past Marvel work s-sucked
And that was Marvel, a company he was working at for almost two decades. He is now getting a brand new start at a different company, the slate is clean. Look at Sam Humphries, I don't care for green lanterns but Sup Forums loved it

The absolute state of (You)

I'll know if its good because I will be pirating it nigga!

Russell is the only good writer touching Superman in years

Sad their runs are ending but I’ll be buying these

No. He is the one writer I will never give another chance. If it somehow turns out great I’ll pirate it. Benis doesn’t get anymore of my money.

The only reason there will be a boost in sales is because of the #1000 deal and the new #1 on the vanilla book. Bendis of course will take all the credit for it though.

The Superman story sounds fun.

The Action Comics one sounds like typical status quo stuff.

Humphries sucks.

>Mark Russell

Purchased, and I don't even like Tomasi's run

Superman's books have been the only ones I still followed, mostly because of Tomasi. After this I might retire from Sup Forums entirely.

Had he bailed for DC in 2010 I might've given him a chance even though he wrote some bad stuff in the 00's. As it is, he wrote so much bad/mediocre stuff for Marvel in the last 8 years that I'd have to wait and see if it's any good rather than buying it on the day it's out. I might buy Action #1000 but only because of everyone else on it, which'd give me an idea if we get good Bendis or bad Bendis.

>How will you know if it's good or not if you don't try the comic?
I don't have to know it's good or not to be disinterested in it. I do not want a bendis take on superman. You probably think King's batman as fantastic. I think it's fucking ass. We will not prove to each other that his quality is good or bad, but I can tell you unequivocally I've lost interest in that shit.

Much like I have no initial interest in changing a book I love and feel is fine and Action which just needs a new creative team. I especially have no interest when it's written by a man who hasn't written a "heroes doing heroic shit" story in fucking YEARS.

The fact that religion was a focus of one of the initial pieces says to me that the focus isn't on anything but re-lensing a character through bendis' distorted mrsa riddled eyes.

I'm about there as well. And it's not an age thing. It's the fact that these companies have the attention span of fucking gnats and have to keep rebooting.

>making assumptions about me based on me saying "give it a chance"
What? King's Batman sucks. How the hell did you even reach that conclusion? But guess what, I know that it sucks because I tried it

more an assumption based on the fact that it's praised and the shills around here get very vitriolic when people say otherwise. The point of that was the next few sentences however which is why I wrote them.

It's not quality that matters. it's interest. And I have none towards bendis' demented view of superman. And it is demented because the only thing people bring up about bendis are books in which he completely created his own canon.

As other anons said, guess I'll have to read it in the story times and say "gee, sorry I didn't pay 4 dollars (because I assume bendis comes with a price bump) for that shitty floppy I walked right by while collecting Barbarella, Port of Earth and whatever other goodies I'm interested in."

There's no reason to buy a book you aren't interested in. Comics don't gain value anymore you should only buy floppies because you like reading floppies and want to support the serialized release schedule (and your local comic shop).

>Benids is more exspensive
Nope. You're trying to come up with reasons to hate it

of course you jump on that and only that.

Look shill, even if it was free my point doesn't change. I made my point you're replying while dodging it for no other reason that to bump the thread.

I don't actually think the price will go up. I am not interested in Bendis' demented view of superman. There is nothing to prove to me it will not be demented beside reading his book. I will not do so for money. I will read it here for free after driving a half hour to and from the store in order to buy the comics I am interested in. If Bendis writes a "good" superman by anyone else's metric but mine it will not matter to me. I will be disinterested until I am interested which could very well be never. Until I am interested in Bendis' on superman I will not be spending money on superman books with his name on it or connected to the events of his books.

Now fuck off you transparent fuck.

How do you know his story already? You don't.
>but he said Jewish stuff would show up
And Superman has been shown celebrating Christmas, that's not any different

>Ian Flynn

I want DC to give Jurgens a Booster Gold book since I know they've seen the positive reception the characters return has gotten.
I want it to continue where the Pre-Flashpoint one left off

Can Ted come along?

So dc is throwing them under the bus for bendis

See this. I won't give bendis money. Don't trust him. He'll do better then at marvel, and have the best artists, but that's not enough. Zero good will means I'm not on board without a complete product

Get off chan bendis

which is bendis taking?

Both.