So what is Shredder, really? Is he a crime lord, a lackey for Krang, a conqueror of Earth? What's his best incarnation...

So what is Shredder, really? Is he a crime lord, a lackey for Krang, a conqueror of Earth? What's his best incarnation? Exactly what level of martial artist would you compare him to? Also TMNT thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vEdr9FHKoWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's a doo doo head.

he's goat.

This guy

What do you guys think of IDW?

>a lackey for Krang
This pisses me off so goddamed much, basically if krang is around shredder is a bitch.

Same with Hordak and Skeletor, and Serpentor and Cobra Commander. It's just a way to put emotional pressure on villains and to have them do things that would compromise otherwise solid plans to kill the heroes/take over the world, all in the name of ego.

hardass ninja cunt who's good at fights, no comedy. first time he and the tmnt meet he beats the shit out of all of them single handedly.

Shredder works as a villain for them because he's basically just a threatening guy in contrast to the weird-ass turtles and all the other weird-ass villains they fight.

Depends on the version. He's been all those things and more.

That was a laughably bad last minute edit. They clearly wanted him as Shredder.

He still is in the video game.

He's pretty good, I like his backstory.

It's hard to find a good balance between Shredder and Krang. I'd almost like a Megatron/Starscream relationship, where Krang is stuck on Earth and constantly tries to get out under Shredder's foot.

Also do you guys prefer human or robotic Foot Ninja?

>Also do you guys prefer human or robotic Foot Ninja?

Did they ever did cyborg ninjas?

I'm a 90's guy, but I'll go with Scottie Ray.
Man, the classic went through half a dozen voice actors.

youtube.com/watch?v=vEdr9FHKoWw

For Shredder? Non human means he can do cooler stuff.

Not Shredder, Boco, THE FOOT NINJA. Also fuck you, human Shredder is better

He's a Ninja Gangster

How is this difficult to understand?

Honestly I prefer original Shredder. Hard as nails ninja boss doing crime and not a man to fuck with. I really like the arc where he makes his comeback and the TMNT and friends have to live innawoods and try to get their shit together.

Boco how do you consistently manage to have some of the most overtly shit taste i've ever fucking seen on this website full of trash eating autistic fuckups.

You and you alone manage to consistently take the cake in just how bad your opinions are. Every time.

How.

You know I didn't hate the movie suit. A bit too bulky, but I could see Shredder wearing armor that's based off Krang technology. Although I think this design choice was reactive to the movie Turtles being so monstrous

Coba Commander is already a bitch.

Resolute Cobra Commander was great

Cobra Commander, Shredder, Skeletor, Megatron and Mumm-Ra get into a fight. Who wins?
>Cobra Commander has COBRA's forces minus the elites aiding him
>None of the others have their armies or elites

Mr Rogers in a bloodstained sweater.

Well lets break down what each have
>Cobra Commander
A legion of soldiers, ninjas, and a military force of a small country.
>Megatron
Alien technology, a small army of giant robot soldiers who are both infantry and vehicles
>Shredder
Army of ninjas, alien technology, mutants, and the Technodrome
>Skeletor
Dark Magic, and the usual henchmen
>Mumm-Ra
Dark Magic, lizard men/mutants

probably one of the Shredders

Then again, IDW is near perfect

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE STEALING FROM?

YOU AND YOUR TURTLES ARE DEAD!

Is it bad that Kevin Michael Richardson is my favourite Shredder. I mean he should've used an accent but he had the best and most menacing presence.

David McCharen is also a close second.

I prefer a deep voice Shredder.

I liked him, but I didn't care for the Shredder/Krang mashup that they did. 2012 Shredder isn't too bad I guess

I actually loved this suit, if he decided to wear it to his meeting with krang things would have turned out very different

>What's his best incarnation?
And only in the first movie. The second turns him into a total joke like the cartoon whose fans it was made to appeal to.

user... you're out of the band.

I wouldn't say he was a joke until the climax. The man was blinded by revenge in the second movie. Had a killer re-introduction into the movie.

Just he couldn't do much this time around given soccer mom's wanted a toned down movie.

That is a tiny little Asian man wearing a VERY big costume.

> nobody has mentioned this guy yet.
> amazing voice actor.
> amazing theme.
> GOAT designs throughout the various series.
> a Shredder so threatening he was willing to kill a multiverse including himself to rid himself of the Turtles.

>Gives himself a literally-edgier helmet for no good reason.
>First thing Tokka and Rahzar do is smother "mama" Shredder with kisses and hugs.
>Beaten by a keytar and a speaker cranked at max volume
>The total anticlimax that is Super Shredder

Compared to the first film, Shredder just lacked all around.

Because he's not an actual human and therefore not as impressive.

Yes, and right after that he orders Tatsu murder the fuck out of them both before Perry steps in to tell him they may have other attributes if not intellect.
> disliking the edgier helmet.

Again, the moms didn't want any more brutal as fuck fight scenes in the movie. Why the violence is toned down and Donny is the only turtle using his weapon in the entire movie.

If we're gonna just call it plain as spades. The second movie has it's violence level toned the hell down because of idiotic parents complaining about the first movie's violence.

The ever living

This. Just give me the original Oroku Saki. Too bad he dies like a chump in his very first appearance.

>The ever living

Mumm-Ra is rendered powerless whenever he sees his own reflection. All Cobra Commander would have to do is turn his head in Mumm-Ra's direction and he'd win.

What was a worse disservice to the Shredder in the 2k3 cartoon, making him a Utrom or retconning him into not having been the true Shredder and instead being a copycat to a demon?

I think the fact that the show had 4 different Shredders in it was a blow to the character in general. The Utrom Shredder was good and they removed him from the series when he'd outlived his story potential. Karai as the Shredder was a natural evolution and she had a good arc with that.

Bringing in the Tengu Shredder and Cyber Shredder was dumb, though. But I guess I'm curious how the Shredder War that was teased at the start of BttS would have turned out had the series not been cancelled.

In the end, a single and preferably human Shredder is all any TMNT continuity needs.

Agreed

Gee I dunno maybe the giant fuckin robots?

>The second movie has it's violence level toned the hell down because of idiotic parents complaining about the first movie's violence.

Yup, thats 90s parents for ya... remember the shitstorm over Mortal Kombat when it came out?

Not really.

Even though the violence was toned down, and they hardly used their weapons, I still think Secret of the Ooze is good fun. It gave us Go Ninja Go

>a lackey for Krang

The 87' series eventually explained just about everything in it, like what Krang was before his body was removed, who he ruled, who defeated him, Bebop and Rocksteady's backstories, etc.

But they never once explained just how Shredder met Krang or why they worked together at all. Shredder betrayed Yoshi and took over the foot and then a couple years later he is not a part of the foot at all and hanging with Krang in a hole in the ground to take over Earth.

Shredder is just the guy who can beat the turtles up. Krang is the one from another dimension with the armies, robots, lasers, tanks, portals, and genuine want to take over the universe. Shredder is small time compared to that.

Issue #50 was easily the best thing in the Turtles franchise imo.

He is the most normal of all the villains. He is just some guy weho can fight real good and likes to have his goons commit street crimes

Everyone else are either aliens, mutants, monsters, cyborgs, or something much bigger with an ambition to take over the world or at least destroy it.

It's a real hard comparison to make.

>Cobra has the largest force, but are usually easily defeated in under 20 minutes, they go down pretty quickly against ninja robots from another dimension and giant robots
>Shredder has a smaller but more advanced force with the Dimension X technology, they are still not quite up to taking on giant robots
>Skeletor has the weakest force consisting of a handfull of freaks, only a couple of which have useful powers but he is one of the most powerful
>Megatron has the most imposing forces consisting of about 20-30 giant robots, lots of which can become even gianter. They are just as retarded as Cobra mooks or Shredder mutants
>Mumm-Ra has a slightly less pathetic mook team than Skeletor but they also own giant robots and spaceships too so they will not be flattened immediately. They are still only 5 guys with sometimes Lunataks are around

The whole thing is basically Mumm-Ra vs Decepticons. Unless he sees his reflection in Megatron's chrome.