Do you prefer Autobots always being the good guys or having Autobot villains every so often?

Do you prefer Autobots always being the good guys or having Autobot villains every so often?

I don't trust anyone to actually do a corrupt Autobot in a way that feels right, especially Roberts. Getaway was probably his closest and then he had to lose his mind.

Autobot antagonists can be interesting, but usually the writer can't resist them going full villain instead of someone with a different set of priorities. See how Prowl went from the uptight guy who wants to focus on winning the war over Optimus's moralizing to, well, comics Prowl.

The way to change this is to build on what Roberts flirted with and expand a bit on what it means to be an Autobot outside of opposing Decepticons; do they all believe in freedom? Are they creatures of law and order? Spiritual machines? What does being an autonomous robot mean? Then you can go against those principles in subtler ways than just being a 'con in red.

Sentinel Prime is probably my model for how bad I want an Autobot to be; he's smug, unpleasant, racist, and makes poor decisions with his command but ultimately his spark is in the right place.

There needs to be a healthy mix, but I like to think most are good or think they are good.

Autobots always being good gets boring. I like it when they mix it up like what they did with Pharma.

>what if the good guys were bad guys?

It's been happening since Beast Wars, you'd think you'd be used to it by now, user.

Pharma was pretty good, especially how he turned traitor simply to survive.

Pharma was fun.

I just wish Star Saber wasn’t a 1 dimensional religious fundamentalist.

At least give a backstory for him at the very least, why he is the way he is.

How about Decepticons turning good

I find it amusing how he and Lightbright got married

Prowl being morally ambiguous is equal parts Roberts,Barber and Roche.

>Straights on Cybertron
you sicken me.

I want to see what a cybertronian wedding is like.

what if he's bi but never knew it until then?

you ever been to a gay wedding at a radioshack?

I'm OK with the occasional Autobot villain like Flame or Nova Prime, and the occasional thugs, sociopaths and scumbags who'd probably be happier on the other side.

Less happier with well-established characters being revealed as villainous, like Prowl being a remorseless war criminal, or the Primes before Optimus all being frauds and tyrants. Or Arcee killing because she enjoys it.

There's room to treat sub-factions like the Dinobots or Wreckers as antiheroes who just enjoy war too much, and play them off against someone who thinks they're going too far.

When will Starscream and Windblade fuck?

who cares about non canon jap shit

after starscream saves the universe from unicron

> Prowl being a remorseless war criminal

Prowl seems like the kind of character who would eventually do something terrible though.

can they do an existing autobot character is evil without making it an asspull or character assassination (like star saber)?

at least in IDW, the truly evil bots seem to be ocs (which makes star saber stand out even more).

This, Pharma was very well handled, especially seeing how he was once a very caring and compassionate guy.

Prowl does have remorse though, we've seen it, we know he feels bad about alot of the shit he's done. Hell, he can't even bring himself to kill anyone by hand. He's a colossal douche and orders other people to do all kinds of nasty [unbelievably horrible] things but he does know what he does is wrong and on some level feels bad about it...it's just that he always justifies it to himself as necessary for the greater good.

>can they do an existing autobot character is evil without making it an asspull or character assassination (like star saber)?
I think they might have but after the shitfit everyone threw over Star Saber, I don't think they'll try again. Easier just to write up a new character that can be evil so no one gets pissed.

A good decepticon's gotta give up that purple badge, man. It is a symbol of evil. You can have a less shitty Decepticon, I think.

It's fine to have Autobot antiheroes and villains.

I find Prowl and Pharma to be the most believable in a way, and Tyrest was pretty good in how he was consumed by guilt.