Essential readings for Black Panther?

Essential readings for Black Panther?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gsdCi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kirby, then Priest, then STOP.

>no mcgregor

McGregor should only be read if you enjoyed the Kirby shit.

If you don't like older comics, skip to Priest.

what?
okay i was being facetious
you want my real answer?
invisible man

Nothing is essential. Wakanda and Black Panther have no actual impact on the Marvel universe.

Did McDuffie have a run? Because I swear, I remember him writing BP, but that might have been his FF run.

Don McGregor run and Christopher Priest run, that's it.

Rise of the Black Panther by Narcisse, the first issue was pretty good so you might wanna check that out.

Kirby trashed most of what McGregor built when he started his run and it's pretty different from what McGregor's.

He has none. I cannot think of any story that you must read of his.

ORLY?

No bs this is true.

Coates' run didn't get any better?
I thought it had potential once he realized he was writing a comic book not a weekly fictional column in a Clark Atlanta college paper.

The blurbs I saw from the retcon they just did seemed decent.

What's wrong with Coates honestly? I'm not politicial

What's wrong with him as far as alt right is concerned? He wrote an essay in favor of reparations and other generally pro-minority shit that he's won awards for, so he's basically Satan.

What's wrong with him in his comic book writing so far?
Too much prose and wanton compression.

he tries too much to convince you a character is a grand without Showing you it

>What's wrong with him in his comic book writing so far?
>Too much prose and wanton compression.

Classic problems of book writers writing comics.
Still thinking they should give him some one-shot to see how he manages to compress a story. I think he has a lot of potential as author.

>McGregor should only be read if you enjoyed the Kirby shit.

This is how we know that you don't read comics

Yep, if your thing is black heroes then look into the X-Men.

Gib black gf

Name one reason to read BP

What sets his stories apart from others? What drew you to the character?

McGregor's run is not only essential Black Panther but an essential Bronze Age cape comic. Back when Sup Forums was worth a shit it would have been the first response.

>This overlooked and underrated classic is arguably the most tightly written multi-part superhero epic ever. ... It's damn-near flawless, every issue, every scene, a functional, necessary part of the whole. Okay, now go back and read any individual issue. You'll find seamlessly integrated words and pictures; clearly introduced characters and situations; a concise (sometimes even transparent) recap; beautifully developed character relationships; at least one cool new villain; a stunning action set piece to test our hero's skills and resolve; and a story that is always moving forward towards a definite and satisfying conclusion. That's what we should all be delivering, every single month. Don [McGregor] and company did it in only 17 story pages per issue.

imgur.com/a/gsdCi

>imgur.com/a/gsdCi

>tfw asian
>tfw now into black women

mom's gonna freak

You're living in the right era. I've seen tons of asian guys dating fine ass black women lately. You can do it user.

Jack Kirby
Christopher Priest
Hudlin i liked it personally, it has a hneat 6 episode animated motion comic based off it so just watch it

Once I get mine I'll come back and make sure you get yours, deal???

This, especially if you in LA

Would you say this run is more like one of those british dude safari big game hunter pulp stories except it stars tchalla?

People who say Priest. Do I read the cole stuff too?

damn

It wasn't horrible, just a fucking mess.

Its good as its own gritty urban crime story, but its not essential Black Panther reading.

Stay away from my women, Chang.

I can't get a black girl even if my life depended on it. Fuck my fucking life.

Adding Houston to this as well.

and me with asian women, fuck my life

A history book

I went to see Body of Water alone today and on the way out a white couple stopped me on the way out and gave me their fandango tickets for the 16th's BP showing.
>"We know how much this film means to you, we want you to have this"
And I tried to say no but they insisted. I said thank you and they walked away arm in arm.
Yall are weird but yall alright

Somewhat. It's a jungle pulp comic crossed with a royal court drama.

literally doomwar

taking drugz and kIng Of the deadD

That arc with moon knight going to find his soul or whatever was the most boring shit ever

It's part of an elaborate plan to body jack you.

use your mind to create a thoughtform that will travel as a mist to your oneitis' house. visualize it gently injecting itself into your love's nostril and into her amygdala. Within minutes she will begin to dream of a life together with you. Your first meeting on the bus. Holding hands on a date at the carnival. Your first kiss. First time youv'e made love. Marriage. Children. Grandchildren. And she will wake up and realise what she has been missing.

did they look like this?

>drugs

storytime? i'd expect vertigo or something else.

Aye. Honestly, I'm not a fan of heroes who is only in the spotlight for "Muh Diversity." Hell, the only reason I give a toss about Kamala Khan is because I fap to the thought of dragging her into saucy apostasy.

>Mcduffie never got to write an entire Black panther run before he died

he's dead??? what the fuck

Yep. Dude died in 2011. It's fucked up because he was a criminally underrated writer who died too soon

>If you don't like older comics, skip to Priest.
McGregor had a surprisingly modern take on the narrative that is very different from Kirby if you look at both.

Maybe, but T'Challa feels like an organic part of the world he's traversing, rather than an outsider in it, which makes a lot of difference.

Secret Wars (Hickman's one) apparently didn't reshape the Marvel Universe.

Also, who gives a shit if the comics don't "effect anything". Also no Daredevil comic has really "effected anything" and Daredevil has had some amazing runs, including one which is possibly the best Marvel has had on any character.

You know who would have been perfect for Black Panther?

Tom King.

>geopolitics
>counterintelligence
>counterterrorism
>depression
>ptsd
>hamlet allegories

What other writers could you see writing bp?

You have to admit the soundtrack is fucking lit thou

Anything that isn't written by Ta Nehisi Coates.

Slow as fuck pace if you go by monthlies
Politics too if that sort of thing pisses you off